Cafe Locca Homestay (formerly Puri Anom) Reviews

Jl.Sudamala 8, Sanur, Indonesia

Dorm overpacked. Double room very nice. We had to wait for towels till the next morning when we did not need them anymore. Simple breakfast and don't ask for an extra coffee because you simply wont get it!

Was a great place to stay!!! Met lovely people; staff was more than friendly and helpful...would go back any time :-)

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was average...close to some good restaurants but othwrwise you'd need to walk over 30min to get around with out a bike/taxi. Rooms were very clean and good quality in dorms. Vibe was a little flat, but I was only there for one night.

The kitchen was extremely dirty, and I couldn't bring myself to cook in it. The staff also missed my pickup from the airport and were a bit difficult to communicate with/follow-through with. However, they were always friendly and tried to be as helpful as possible. The grounds and decor are beautiful, but there are no locks on the doors. The location is good if you're looking to get away from a lot of Bali's touristy hype, but it's rather far from the good beaches and nightlife.

The Staff was very nice and helpful, though communication at times a little difficult. Enjoyed the pool and the breakfast. Rooms were clean, kitchen looked quite bad, though. Next to the hostel is an empty space where something new willl be built eventually. At the moment, people dump their garbage their so it is not a nice spot to pass on the way to and from the Hostel.

Not a bad dorm room, quite clean, lockers. Breakfast apparently is nit included fir the diem room guests. Good location - 10-15 min to beach, 5 min to area with restaurants and bars. Staff was ok, although their English was at very basic level. Due to the fact I stayed in low season I had the whole dorm to myself... However, in the middle of the night I was awaken by a huge cockroach crawling on my face!! Receptionist was helpless when I asked for spray. A bit of a let down

It was pleasant to stay at Cafe Locca, it only takes a few min walk to the beach, the dorm was very clean and the staff was friendly. However, I highly recommend not to leave your belongings / valuable at the reception - two guests' stuff went missing within the two nights of my stay. We found out that both cases were operated by the housekeeper and the member of staff, this could happen in any hotels and hostela but 2 cases in 2 nights! made me question the security level of this hostel..

I had a great time in Cafe Locca! The staff is very friendy, helpfull and social. The garden is very inviting to hang around with other travelers. I've met a lot of nice people and the athmosphere was great incl. small jamsessions on the guitar :) I think a comunal breakfast would be a great idea to add something extra to the place. Cafe Locca has two dorm rooms. If you stay in the garden you're lucky. The other one is very noisy (nightbar with live music and a broken door). I like to come back!

• 1st Nov 2014

This hostel was very bad, and I left without sleeping there. My pillowcase was covered in black hairs, and there was no spare one. Later I found out that also the sheet was covered in hairs, and it didn't look clean at all. Tiny stains that looked like blood, and a lot of sand or something that looked similar. The AC wasn't working, but the reception didn't seem to care. When I was lying on the bed I saw a huge bedbug crawling over the next bed. So I left, and so did the others in my room.

Very nice place. Although as usual in Indonesia they are rather cheap and do not offer breakfast if you are staying in the dorms. I paid more than anyone else there for my dorm bed. I booked with Hostelworld for 7 nights and it cost me an extra 7 per day on top of the 100 regular fee. I wonder why? The place has a nice garden and pool.

I stayed here for four nights then came back again. The beds are just OK but are cleaned every morning. Dorm near the pool has a killer bathroom. The pool is sheer heaven, makes it worth the price. Staff is very helpful.

Nice place, friendly staff and overall lovely place to stay. Ended up extending my stay by three nights.

• 12th Sep 2014

Great pool and big clean bathroom. Big lockers. A good place to relax as it is quiet. Dorm room had AC which is a plus. Staff lack knowledge of the services and transfers the hostel sells. Poor laundry service.

Best Hostel to relax! I wanted to stay two nights... in the end I stayed five. It's so nice and clean, especially the bathrooms. Great pool and great atmosphere. A lot of nice small things that make you really feel at home (free tea/coffee, water to fill up your bottle...). And the staff and the drivers are very helpfull and friendly! And we had two drivers of the hostel and can recommend them. Thank you so much, I had a great time, I will come back!!

I have stayed here 4 times in the past 2 years. It's an excellent hostel to stay at.

Super kind staff, wonderful atmosphere, crystal cleaness, just everything is perfect.

Clean spacious dorm. Close to beach with swimming pool and lockers. Easy to meet people. Would recommend to a friend.