Cafe Rio Hostel Reviews

Rua Alice, 293, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Wow- amazing hostel (this is how it should be done)! Staff were really kind and helpful, everything was bright and clean and the air con in our room was much appreciated in the height of summer. Breakfast was really good too. It's only downside is distance from Metro but this area is great in itself and a really good location for trips to Lapa, Catege, Santa Teresa, Centro etc...(taxis are so cheap here).

a computer to use is available, quiet-not a party hostel, clean and organized, the couple is very helpful, family feeling to the hostel, breakfast is good.

Staff was nice, it was clean and the common area is very comfortable. The area is safe, a fine hostel.

Nice little Hostel in Laranjeiras. Pretty close to every important touristic attraction. Very friendly staff! Hostel has a good backpacker vibe!

From the moment I arrived the staff were nothing but friendly and helpful. The room was bright, spacious and clean. I felt really at home in the hostel and enjoyed spending time in the common area. This is a real gem of a hostel. When j left I felt like I was leaving a friend's house.

It is a very good hostel. It is quite, but they have lots of activities. We spend a very nice day in Gran Café.

I have had a great time at Cafe Rio Hostel. This is an ideal place for those looking for a relaxing stay in Rio as this hostel definitely feels more like a pousada. Its location is also very good and safe and the owners Marcia and Jacques are very kind and always willing to help you.

Clean, welcoming hostel with decent hosts who manage the place well

Stayed here for the World Cup, and my only regret was not staying my entire trip at Cafe Rio. The staff are wonderful, friendly, helpful people, and I met a lot of really cool people while staying there. You should definitely stay at this hostel.

• 18th Jun 2014

Jacques, Marcia and all the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hostel feels more like a home with lots of friends visiting. We stayed in a 5 bed family rooms which was large, comfortable and had lockers (unlike other places we stayed) which was great when we warned to be so security conscious during the world cup. The private and shared bathrooms were lovely and clean with plenty of hot water and the hair-dryer was a real bonus!

Clean, friendly and great beds. In a local area of rio which is a bit on the quiet side but Laranjeiras gives you a good idea of the local life. Perfect location for the Christ statue.

Great hostel in a very "carioca" area. It's a true local experience.

Very nice hostel, excellent staff, simply great in general, except the noisy street the hostel is in, but that's not the staff fault :P

I think my only issue with this hostel was the fact I kept getting bitten by mosquitos! More here than the entirety of my 2 week trip along the South Coast of Brazil. And I was wearing insect repellent to bed on every inch of my body. Makes me think that the rooms themselves could be treated with something....

Amazing hostel!!! I loved everything about it. The room was great, the staff were very helpful with everything I needed and the breakfasts were sooo good!!

Helpful and friendly staff. Good, safe location which was handy to buses, supermarkets and bars. Friendly atmosphere with free good internet available.

Great hostel, stayed here during carnival and it was a great base for going out. Close to copa, lapa and city centre. Cleanest hostel I stayed in 3 months in South America. Would definitely stay here again!

Best hostel I have stayed in all of South America

I picked this hostel as I wanted something small and quiet where I could relax rather than a party hostel, and that's exactly what I got. The location is quite nice, too, in an area with a bit more of a bohemian feel to it, actually a welcome change from just Copacabana all day. Easy enough to reach everything by bus, and the staff is good at giving you the necessary information. Nice breakfast, clean place - and the friendliest staff awards they have earned are well justified.

• 22nd Jun 2012

Great staff, exceedingly comfortable, very clean. Great breakfast, too. It seems like this place tends to attract very friendly, fun, and polite patrons. Definitely good value for the money.

« first « Prev 1 2 3