Cafe Rio Hostel Reviews

Rua Alice, 293, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Clean, welcoming hostel with decent hosts who manage the place well

Stayed here for the World Cup, and my only regret was not staying my entire trip at Cafe Rio. The staff are wonderful, friendly, helpful people, and I met a lot of really cool people while staying there. You should definitely stay at this hostel.

• 18th Jun 2014

Jacques, Marcia and all the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The hostel feels more like a home with lots of friends visiting. We stayed in a 5 bed family rooms which was large, comfortable and had lockers (unlike other places we stayed) which was great when we warned to be so security conscious during the world cup. The private and shared bathrooms were lovely and clean with plenty of hot water and the hair-dryer was a real bonus!

Clean, friendly and great beds. In a local area of rio which is a bit on the quiet side but Laranjeiras gives you a good idea of the local life. Perfect location for the Christ statue.

Very nice hostel, excellent staff, simply great in general, except the noisy street the hostel is in, but that's not the staff fault :P

I think my only issue with this hostel was the fact I kept getting bitten by mosquitos! More here than the entirety of my 2 week trip along the South Coast of Brazil. And I was wearing insect repellent to bed on every inch of my body. Makes me think that the rooms themselves could be treated with something....

Amazing hostel!!! I loved everything about it. The room was great, the staff were very helpful with everything I needed and the breakfasts were sooo good!!

Helpful and friendly staff. Good, safe location which was handy to buses, supermarkets and bars. Friendly atmosphere with free good internet available.

Great hostel, stayed here during carnival and it was a great base for going out. Close to copa, lapa and city centre. Cleanest hostel I stayed in 3 months in South America. Would definitely stay here again!

Best hostel I have stayed in all of South America

I picked this hostel as I wanted something small and quiet where I could relax rather than a party hostel, and that's exactly what I got. The location is quite nice, too, in an area with a bit more of a bohemian feel to it, actually a welcome change from just Copacabana all day. Easy enough to reach everything by bus, and the staff is good at giving you the necessary information. Nice breakfast, clean place - and the friendliest staff awards they have earned are well justified.

• 22nd Jun 2012

Great staff, exceedingly comfortable, very clean. Great breakfast, too. It seems like this place tends to attract very friendly, fun, and polite patrons. Definitely good value for the money.

Best internet access of any place we stayed in Brazil. Location was not as bad as others have mentioned. Great location if going to Christ the Redeemer. Value would probably be higher if we hadn't been in Rio at the time of the Rio + 20 Summit . Jacques and his wife were extremely helpful.

• 18th Jun 2012

I definitely enjoyed my stay at Café Rio Hostel. Excellent staff service, clean, internet access. All Café Rio’s staff and owner where very friendly and helpful; even with the little things like taxis, the best way to travel and directions. Located in a very district area and right in the centre, and because of its location, you can travel using the metro, taxes and buses anywhere. My stay there was great!! Thank you guys.

• 8th Jun 2012

Small, clean hostel. Great breakfast. Really helpful, friendly staff. Location is good. I could easily get buses to wherever I needed too and the local area had shops and banks.

Friendly, helpful staff. Short walk to the Christ. Very quiet hostel, nice if you don't want a party hostel. Kept very clean. Access to street restricted, lockers under beds. More info, such as flyers/posters/maps etc, on things to do in the city would be useful. Kind of has a B and B feel to it, the common area sometimes seems a bit like you're in someone elses lounge. Our room had bit of traffic noise in the morning. All in all a good hostel if you want a quiet, well kept place to stay.

Exclente atención y céntrico para gente que solo busca ir a descansar al hostel.

• 5th Apr 2012
  • Mexico

We had an amazing time. Staff and owners were just so friendly and helpful with directions and taxi's etc. Alice Road is just the perfect place to be. A lively village atmosphere and so easy to access the city by bus and metro. Would recommend it to anyone. Regards Sara and Paul from New Zealand.

• 26th Mar 2012
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

A reall nice hostel! The staff is really helpful and thoughtful!

• 17th Feb 2012
  • Sweden

I think this is the best hostel I have ever been to. The atmosphere of the hostel is relaxed and the owners and staff are so nice. I like the area where the hostel is located. Arround there are many shops, restaurants, supermarkets and more. It is in a nice neighbourhoud in Rio. Besides of this, they serve the best breakfast I had in South America. Jacques, Marcia and the staff keep on going and thank you so much for the great stay!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3