Cafofo Hostel Reviews

Rua Jornalista Orlando Dantas 7 - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Staff were very friendly and more than helpfull!!

A solid/OK place to place to stay. I did not have any negative surprises.

• 2nd Aug 2015

I booked Cafofo last minute and had an early flight the next day. I was surprised to find a large, spacious dorm room - not overcrowded, with great beds and cozy comforters. AC in the room was a little cold, but honestly, the comforters were so great I didn't even notice. The two complaints I have are 1) breakfast was sparse... but then again, it was a cheap place. 2) The bathrooms/showers were terrible and didn't feel clean/private. I wish that instead of curtains, there had been actual doors.

The major positives about this place were the kind, helpful staff and the cleanliness of the place. I saw the cleaning guy every day at least twice. Breakfast was good, the staff were super helpful and helped us arrange activities to tour the city. Location was decent, walking distance from the bus and beach. Negatives- room was tiny (not a problem for us but just the smallest we've seen for the price) and all bathroom/shower facilities are small and mixed gender with no closed doors.

Es un hostal muy tranquilo con un buen desayuno y tiene una estación de metro muy cerca al igual que un supermarket a 15 metros.

Booked 1 night in advance and stayed all days.You can reach every point of interest easy because the hostel is a short walk to metro staition flamengo and is located in the middle of everything.The bus station for lots of busses is close ( 24 hours busses from lapa run here)Neighbourhood is safe.The staff will tell you which places are safe in Rio in the night and how to go and get away by public transport.We never needed a taxi. And breakfast is very good with fruits on top! Good choice for Rio

We really liked this hostel. It's calm, the staff is nice, everything is well organised, the breakfast is simple but good. The only problem is the biggest dormitory is just under the roof where pigeons have their nests. I hope they'll fix this problem quickly.

Wonderfully located hostel, right next to flamingo metro which can take you all over rio, friendly and helpful staff. The place was always clean and we had a good breakfast included every morning. There is a supermarket basically next door which is a plus. Good security with 24hr reception.

Very nice and friendly stuff, delicious breakfast, nintendo oldschool consoles, enought space in dormitory, quiet and peacefull atmospher. Execellent!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Staff was really nice and helpful. The place is cleaned every day by a hard working man. Location is really nice close to the metro station. Atmosphere was good and it was not too expensive. What else are you looking for?

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels