Cafofo Hostel Reviews

Rua Jornalista Orlando Dantas 7 - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Thanks a lot for all you´ve done for us, guys! We really had an amazing stay, and the Cafofo will definitely be our first choice when we will be back in Rio! Giuse

Hostel is really clean, quiet, and close to the subway. You can get to the more famous beaches of Copacabana, Ipanema, and Leblon by catching the Subway or a taxi. It is very close to Botafogo beach but it's not the best beach in Rio.

Thanks Cafofo Hostel for the support! I love you!

• 23rd Oct 2013
  • Argentina

Good hostel in Botafogo, which is a nice, less expensive/touristy area of Rio. There's a big supermarket two mins walk down the road, and it's close to bakeries, laundry, Metro Station, buses etc. The kitchen is small but well stocked, good breakfast with delicious fresh fruits, computers that you can use (but the USB ports are disabled) and helpful staff. The dorm was large and had noisy snorers but that was just bad luck. The dorm had AC. I would recommend this hostel.

Quite a nice hostel, although our room hadn't really a window. The location is quite good and the staff is always trying to help - had a good time there!

• 29th Sep 2013
  • Austria

We have met beautiful people at the hostel and the saff was always there to help us in our trip! The rooms and bathrooms are very cleaned and the breakfast was very good. We spent good days there and if I return to Rio, cafofo hostel will be my choice!

• 5th Sep 2013

very good and safe location near metro, excellent staf, very very clean toilets all day. All the things there were in a very good way!!!!

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Greece

Great hostel, good location too, easy to get to Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer. Bathrooms were kept spotless. Staff very helpful. Close to supermarket and metro station to get to Copacabana.

nice and cheap hostel close to many bus station and metro!

Desde o contato da reserava até o check out, eu amei esse lugar. Nunca tinha ficado em hostel mas a atenção no atendimento me fez mudar de ideia. Chegando fui muito bem recebida e acomodada, recebi boas dicas de como me locomover na cidade e acabei ficando mais dias. Mesmo com muitas pessoas os quartos são organizados e limpos todos os dias e me senti muito segura em deixar minhas coisas lá. Na minha proxima ida ao Rio, com certeza ficarei no Cafofo.

• 9th Aug 2013

I was having problems with my trip and this hostel was a good surprise. The staff was excellent, they helped me with many issues....Good hot showers and clean bathrooms, simple but delicious hommemade breakfast. I was there and realized they were renovating the matresses and bed linen, painting walls...thats good because you see they care about the people and the place. I would stay there again and have already recommended to friends! Cheers!

• Spain

Clean bathrooms! That´s the maisn point for me.

• Greece

Location, staff, price. Everything amazing. I recommend.

• 9th Aug 2013

I had a single room with the world's most uncomfortable bed, but other than that, the hostel was good. Breakfast was particularly fresh and tasty.

• 8th Aug 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for coming and staying with us! We are very happy that overall you liked our property. We are very concerned about giving the guests a good experience and after one year operating we are replacing all bed linen and matresses. We are sure it´s gonna be much better for all guests! Please be welcome to come back if you have a chance to come to Brazil again! Best regards!

Staff very friendly and helpful. Really handy location for getting around. Breakfasts could've been a little more interesting though,

The cheapest place we could find in Rio. Basic dorms were fine, basic kitchen. Good breakfast. When it says they're 15 mins from a lot of places - that's by TAXI! Close to a supermarket and basic shops. One of the reception ladies (maybe the owner) only spoke portugese. Friendly staff.

Extremely clean and cozy place. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Definitely good choice.

Hey, I booked one night and stayed other 3 nights! I love the location out of the obvious so you can really feel Rio without tourists everywhere...The grocery store next door is a great facility and so is the metro 5 min away. The staff is amazing, helpful and informed and provide a clean place. I really recommend this hostel!

• 21st Jun 2013

A great hostel, in a lovely part of Rio. Close to a big supermarket and two metro stations (Flemengo and Botafogo). Some minor issues- the lockers are quite small, so you can't hide entire backpacks away. And it wasn't especially lively (but we came in quiet season). This is all made up for by the fact they have an N64 in the common room with a ton of games, including Goldeneye and Mario Kart. Staff were helpful and excellent. I'd definitely recommend it and stay there again.

• 16th Jun 2013

The place was nice but there were mosquitoes in the rooms. good location in the middle of everything. Staff are helpful.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels