Cafofo Hostel Reviews

Rua Jornalista Orlando Dantas 7 - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

very good and safe location near metro, excellent staf, very very clean toilets all day. All the things there were in a very good way!!!!

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Greece

Great hostel, good location too, easy to get to Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer. Bathrooms were kept spotless. Staff very helpful. Close to supermarket and metro station to get to Copacabana.

nice and cheap hostel close to many bus station and metro!

Desde o contato da reserava até o check out, eu amei esse lugar. Nunca tinha ficado em hostel mas a atenção no atendimento me fez mudar de ideia. Chegando fui muito bem recebida e acomodada, recebi boas dicas de como me locomover na cidade e acabei ficando mais dias. Mesmo com muitas pessoas os quartos são organizados e limpos todos os dias e me senti muito segura em deixar minhas coisas lá. Na minha proxima ida ao Rio, com certeza ficarei no Cafofo.

• 9th Aug 2013

I was having problems with my trip and this hostel was a good surprise. The staff was excellent, they helped me with many issues....Good hot showers and clean bathrooms, simple but delicious hommemade breakfast. I was there and realized they were renovating the matresses and bed linen, painting walls...thats good because you see they care about the people and the place. I would stay there again and have already recommended to friends! Cheers!

• Spain

Clean bathrooms! That´s the maisn point for me.

• Greece

Location, staff, price. Everything amazing. I recommend.

• 9th Aug 2013

I had a single room with the world's most uncomfortable bed, but other than that, the hostel was good. Breakfast was particularly fresh and tasty.

• 8th Aug 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for coming and staying with us! We are very happy that overall you liked our property. We are very concerned about giving the guests a good experience and after one year operating we are replacing all bed linen and matresses. We are sure it´s gonna be much better for all guests! Please be welcome to come back if you have a chance to come to Brazil again! Best regards!

Staff very friendly and helpful. Really handy location for getting around. Breakfasts could've been a little more interesting though,

The cheapest place we could find in Rio. Basic dorms were fine, basic kitchen. Good breakfast. When it says they're 15 mins from a lot of places - that's by TAXI! Close to a supermarket and basic shops. One of the reception ladies (maybe the owner) only spoke portugese. Friendly staff.

Extremely clean and cozy place. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Definitely good choice.

Hey, I booked one night and stayed other 3 nights! I love the location out of the obvious so you can really feel Rio without tourists everywhere...The grocery store next door is a great facility and so is the metro 5 min away. The staff is amazing, helpful and informed and provide a clean place. I really recommend this hostel!

• 21st Jun 2013

A great hostel, in a lovely part of Rio. Close to a big supermarket and two metro stations (Flemengo and Botafogo). Some minor issues- the lockers are quite small, so you can't hide entire backpacks away. And it wasn't especially lively (but we came in quiet season). This is all made up for by the fact they have an N64 in the common room with a ton of games, including Goldeneye and Mario Kart. Staff were helpful and excellent. I'd definitely recommend it and stay there again.

• 16th Jun 2013

The place was nice but there were mosquitoes in the rooms. good location in the middle of everything. Staff are helpful.

The staff were very, very helpful. Friendly without being flirty! The location was nice- close to everything but in a quieter neighborhood than most.

• 24th Apr 2013

I highly recommend that hostel, it has a great vibe, very clean, very helpful staffs and great location!! I´ve been there few times over the weekends and will definitely come back !! Have fun!! Recomendo este hostel para todos, tem uma ótima atmosfera, é bem limpo e conservado, os funcionários são prestativos e simpáticos e tem uma ótima localização!! Aproveite!!

This is a really great place to stay in Rio. You will find supermarket, restaurants, bars, subway, buses and others close to it. The people working there are also attentive and kind with the guests. Finally, it is located just three squares from one of the most beautiful postal Cards of Rio.

You got everything u need. The staff is really friendly and help u with all your questions. The breakfast is definitely improveable but u get something.

My two friends and I stayed there for one night, the lady wasn´t quite nice, she looks like she is mad the whole time and doesn´t say that much, it got quite loud late at night and since we got the room beside the reception we can hear everything and was people coming in and out of our room, so we didn´t get to sleep well and missed breakfast ...annoying! ....at least there is a grocery store in the same street and the other girl in the morning was a lot more nice and helpful with us

When I search for a hostel I always look for 3 main items: price, location and cleanliness. At cafofo I could find these 3 things at the same time and more, the staff was incredibly helpful! Near a metro station, spacious rooms and clean bathrooms! I recommend it!

• 19th Feb 2013