Cafofo Hostel Reviews

Rua Jornalista Orlando Dantas 7 - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The best thing about this hostel is the location: a very quite and safe neighbourhood, very closed to the metro station, a few blocks from malls, Starbucks, Subway, etc, and also closed to the Botafogo beach (despite it is not allowed to swim in it because of the pollution). Anyway the view of the "pan de azucar" is awesome. Breackfast is average. The staff really very helpfull, some girls speak spanish and english, so it was easy to communicate. What i didnt like were the bathrooms.

Good place to stay however if u sleep in the room which is next to the kitchen. It can be very loud in the evening. The people who were sitting in the main room nearby the entrance made a lot of noise we could not sleep even when we warned them. The reception person did not even care to warn these people!

Dear guest, Thanks for staying with us and sorry for the noise inconvenience. Our staff has been awared about your comments. Hope to see you again at Cafofo!

This amazing hostel has a great location, not obvious place, very charming!! I love you guys, I'll be back!

• 20th Dec 2013

Cons: I stayed in a private room without a window (or a really small, covered window); one of the two showers don't have a place where you can hang your clothes/towels nor a place to put your soap other than the floor, so I was always waiting to use the one shower that had it; wooden floors make the place very noise at night when people are arriving late. Pros: friendly staff; good location; big enough common area; cheap enough; basic but comfortable bedroom; working WiFi internet connection.

Dear guest, thank you so much for your comments, we really appreciate that our guest can help us with their impressions. All showers have hangers, you must not have realized it but it´s true that there´s something missing in order to put soap or other amenities. We are already taking care of it!! Once again, thank you very much for staying with us, we hope to see you soon in 2014!

The main thing about this place is the people. You will feel welcomed and safe because all members of the staff will do everything to help and "take care" of you! I was a little sick and they prepared me tea at late night. Never had this experience in a hostel before. Amazing! Thank you very much!!!

• 19th Nov 2013

Very clean, good location, nice people. I recommend.

• 19th Nov 2013

Thanks a lot for all you´ve done for us, guys! We really had an amazing stay, and the Cafofo will definitely be our first choice when we will be back in Rio! Giuse

Hostel is really clean, quiet, and close to the subway. You can get to the more famous beaches of Copacabana, Ipanema, and Leblon by catching the Subway or a taxi. It is very close to Botafogo beach but it's not the best beach in Rio.

Thanks Cafofo Hostel for the support! I love you!

• 23rd Oct 2013
  • Argentina

Good hostel in Botafogo, which is a nice, less expensive/touristy area of Rio. There's a big supermarket two mins walk down the road, and it's close to bakeries, laundry, Metro Station, buses etc. The kitchen is small but well stocked, good breakfast with delicious fresh fruits, computers that you can use (but the USB ports are disabled) and helpful staff. The dorm was large and had noisy snorers but that was just bad luck. The dorm had AC. I would recommend this hostel.

Quite a nice hostel, although our room hadn't really a window. The location is quite good and the staff is always trying to help - had a good time there!

• 29th Sep 2013
  • Austria

We have met beautiful people at the hostel and the saff was always there to help us in our trip! The rooms and bathrooms are very cleaned and the breakfast was very good. We spent good days there and if I return to Rio, cafofo hostel will be my choice!

• 5th Sep 2013

very good and safe location near metro, excellent staf, very very clean toilets all day. All the things there were in a very good way!!!!

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Greece

Great hostel, good location too, easy to get to Sugarloaf and Christ the Redeemer. Bathrooms were kept spotless. Staff very helpful. Close to supermarket and metro station to get to Copacabana.

nice and cheap hostel close to many bus station and metro!

Desde o contato da reserava até o check out, eu amei esse lugar. Nunca tinha ficado em hostel mas a atenção no atendimento me fez mudar de ideia. Chegando fui muito bem recebida e acomodada, recebi boas dicas de como me locomover na cidade e acabei ficando mais dias. Mesmo com muitas pessoas os quartos são organizados e limpos todos os dias e me senti muito segura em deixar minhas coisas lá. Na minha proxima ida ao Rio, com certeza ficarei no Cafofo.

• 9th Aug 2013

I was having problems with my trip and this hostel was a good surprise. The staff was excellent, they helped me with many issues....Good hot showers and clean bathrooms, simple but delicious hommemade breakfast. I was there and realized they were renovating the matresses and bed linen, painting walls...thats good because you see they care about the people and the place. I would stay there again and have already recommended to friends! Cheers!

• Spain

Clean bathrooms! That´s the maisn point for me.

• Greece

Location, staff, price. Everything amazing. I recommend.

• 9th Aug 2013

I had a single room with the world's most uncomfortable bed, but other than that, the hostel was good. Breakfast was particularly fresh and tasty.

• 8th Aug 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for coming and staying with us! We are very happy that overall you liked our property. We are very concerned about giving the guests a good experience and after one year operating we are replacing all bed linen and matresses. We are sure it´s gonna be much better for all guests! Please be welcome to come back if you have a chance to come to Brazil again! Best regards!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels