Cafofo Hostel Reviews

Rua Jornalista Orlando Dantas 7 - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Staff were very friendly and more than helpfull!!

A solid/OK place to place to stay. I did not have any negative surprises.

• 2nd Aug 2015

I booked Cafofo last minute and had an early flight the next day. I was surprised to find a large, spacious dorm room - not overcrowded, with great beds and cozy comforters. AC in the room was a little cold, but honestly, the comforters were so great I didn't even notice. The two complaints I have are 1) breakfast was sparse... but then again, it was a cheap place. 2) The bathrooms/showers were terrible and didn't feel clean/private. I wish that instead of curtains, there had been actual doors.

The major positives about this place were the kind, helpful staff and the cleanliness of the place. I saw the cleaning guy every day at least twice. Breakfast was good, the staff were super helpful and helped us arrange activities to tour the city. Location was decent, walking distance from the bus and beach. Negatives- room was tiny (not a problem for us but just the smallest we've seen for the price) and all bathroom/shower facilities are small and mixed gender with no closed doors.

Es un hostal muy tranquilo con un buen desayuno y tiene una estación de metro muy cerca al igual que un supermarket a 15 metros.

Booked 1 night in advance and stayed all days.You can reach every point of interest easy because the hostel is a short walk to metro staition flamengo and is located in the middle of everything.The bus station for lots of busses is close ( 24 hours busses from lapa run here)Neighbourhood is safe.The staff will tell you which places are safe in Rio in the night and how to go and get away by public transport.We never needed a taxi. And breakfast is very good with fruits on top! Good choice for Rio

We really liked this hostel. It's calm, the staff is nice, everything is well organised, the breakfast is simple but good. The only problem is the biggest dormitory is just under the roof where pigeons have their nests. I hope they'll fix this problem quickly.

Wonderfully located hostel, right next to flamingo metro which can take you all over rio, friendly and helpful staff. The place was always clean and we had a good breakfast included every morning. There is a supermarket basically next door which is a plus. Good security with 24hr reception.

Very nice and friendly stuff, delicious breakfast, nintendo oldschool consoles, enought space in dormitory, quiet and peacefull atmospher. Execellent!

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Staff was really nice and helpful. The place is cleaned every day by a hard working man. Location is really nice close to the metro station. Atmosphere was good and it was not too expensive. What else are you looking for?

I had a great time at Cafofo Hostel. The staff were really friendly; helping me whenever I needed it and always greeted the guests with genuine smiles. The supermarket next door is great and It's pretty easy to get around the city from this hostel. I would definitely stay here again! P.s. If you are a fan of Nintendo, just go and play any of the classics they have got on offer - you won't be disappointed! ;)

This is a nice hostel. Very helpful and pleasant staff and great atmosphere.

Only stayed some hours while waiting for my flight at night. However, since my arrival I understood its name, “cafofo”: you can feel at home in this nice place. Breakfast was excellent (or maybe I was so hungry after travelling from BH) and the staff very kind. Even if you don’t find first class accommodation here, you’ll enjoy the atmosphere.

The staff were great! The bathroom is a really bit weird, but its clean. It has an excellent location and its a great value for money

really enjoyed my stay at Cafofo! lovely staff and excellent location. plus I met plenty of awesome people in there. ace!

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Belgium

I love this place! The staff is amazing! Thank you, Silmara, for everything! Cafofo Hostel is definitely my home away from home! I will come back!

• 2nd Oct 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's easy to get to any turist place from the hostel and i'ts close to farmacy, supermarket, mall and others!

• 16th Aug 2014

Really enjoyed our stay here. Very friendly place with extremely welcoming staff who were willing to go out of their way to help you. It was bright, clean, well decorated and comfortable. Excellent kitchen facilities (and very close to a supermarket) The location was great, 5 minutes from Botafogo beach and 5 minutes from the metro station. We also booked two excursions through Cafofo. The football trip was overpriced and badly managed but the favela trip was amazing, with a great local guide.

Good hostel. Moderate price. Top location

We liked staying at Cafofo Hostel. The staff is very nice and helpful and the location is perfect. It's close to the main tourist spots as Corcovado and Pao Acucar. You just take the bus. The beaches at Copacabana or Ipanema can easily reached by metro. The only thing that could be improved is the cleaniness of the bathrooms. It would be good, if they will be cleaned several times during theday.

• 15th Jul 2014