CaipiHostel Reviews

Av. Gomes Freire, 373, Lapa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Nice hostel in the heart of Lapa. Big dorms with good security. Free caipirinha at night was good for socializing. Wifi wasn't the best and staff were pretty slow doing check in and with helping, but other than that good hostel.

One of the best hostels I've ever been!! It's located near Arcos da Lapa, Escadaria Selaron and a lot of bars and nightclubs. The bed is really confortable, the room is great and has airconditioning, the bathroom is clean. There's free caipirinha every evening, and the breakfast is very good! My only suggestion is that the staff should be more informed about the city, like the touristic attractions and the ways of transportation.

The staff make a really big effort. They invited a lot of the guests to go out with them in Lapa to some really cool places we would'nt have seen otherwise. The live music was awesome, really cool bands that played a lot and the free caiprinhas got everyone ready to party and made it easier to meet people an the airconditioning works sooo well. I would really recommend this place to anyone who wants to see ALL of Rio not just the big tourist attractions but to get a proper feel for the city!

Caipi staff is a no no...mostly unpleasent Argentinians who think guests with American accents don't understand Spanish or Portuguese...Simon from England was the only one who knew what was going on. I would definitely not recommend the hostel. My stay was pleasant due to the amazing travelers who happened to be traveling thru. The bathrooms were dirty, rooms smelled and breakfast weak. Lapa is an amazing neighborhood so worth staying. Get info from guests, staff useless!

We are deeply sorry to hear your stay with us was unpleasant. Unfortunatly we had a huge staff change in the end of 2013 and that reflected in some aspects of our hostel Worst of all is the bad experience with some of our crew members. In all previous reviews in the year of 2013 one of our strongest assets was our crew.I can assure you the person whom you made a complaint about is no longer part of our staff We also apologize for the lack of cleanliness in the bathrooms an dorms.

I had nice stay at CaipiHostel, nice atmosphere, good location would stay there again

• 10th Jan 2014

It's not a bad hostel, I would come back, but: 1. it's dirty (mainly because most of male guests don't have much sense of collectivity, they can't really share spaces); 2. in 24 hours, I haven't seem any soap on bathrooms' sinks; 3. the staff is not really well trained, they tried twice to charge me already paid taxes or not compulsory taxes; 4 On summer, it gets full of mosquitos, bring or buy some repellent. I must add the location is just great for the ones who want to party every night.

Hello, first of all thank you for your review, it is very important for us to improve ourself. we had a huge staff change at the end of 2013 and that reflected on some aspects of our hostel, such as the mantainence of our bathrooms/dorms and staff training.I can assure you that these problems are now solved. We usualy have mosquito repellent in the front desk. Thank you!

One of my favourite hostels ever. It has a large common area with a bar and smoking area at the back. The dorms are located up on the first and second floors an each floor has it own bathroom. The location is fantastic especially on the weekend because lapa is the place to be on a Friday or Saturday. There is a bus stop almost on the doorstep of the hostel which will take you straight to copacabana or impenema for just 3R$. The hostel also offers free caipirinhas in the evening. Highly recommend

The hostel is very close to the party area, even though the street is close to the prostitutes area, the police is everywhere and I never felt in danger. The main problem was the staff, not all of them, but all the argentinian workers. As we got there at 12pm they made us wait one hour cause they had a problem as they were changinng shifts. I ask them to let us take a shower as we wanted to go out, and they say no, and treated us very rude. They also informed us the wrong time for a tour.

Hello, first of all thank you for your review, it is very important for us to improve ourself, We are in Lapa the bohemian neighborood of Rio, because of that we have all kinds of people in the area, and the police to garantee the safety, as you noticed. We´re deeply sorry you had a bad experience with some of our crew members. I can assure you the person whom you made a complaint about is no longer part of our staff. Thank you !

nice hostel, very clean and greatly located! make sure you are there in Lapa on Friday!

I did not like the staff service. There are a rudge guy from Argentina. This guy every 30 minutes eats a sandwhichs, he cannot control it. This hostels has not lockers so the securirity is bad, actually the neighborhood is full of homeless, is not safe.

We´re deeply sorry you had a bad experience with some of our crew members. We are always trainning them to give the best service.Regarding the homeless people, unfortunatly the hostel can´t do anything about it, Rio de Janeiro is one of the richest cities in Brasil but our country is full of social disparity, no one likes to see people living on the street not because it is ugly but because it is unfair. But for those who feel unsafe we are located right across from the police department

I loved the atmosphere and the staff, overall it's a great hostel on a great location for very good price. The only thing I missed was a kitchen with fridge.

I stayed here for two nights at the start of my trip on a Sunday and Monday which are probably the 2 quietest nights in Lapa / Centro. There wasn't much going on at all and the Hostel was pretty quiet on these evenings,. However, I can imagine on Thursday / Friday this is a great place to be when there are lots of people around and the location is great for the famous Lapa street parties! The staff were friendly and helpful when I asked them anything. The rooms were clean and with air con, thoug

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels