CaipiHostel Reviews

Av. Gomes Freire, 373, Lapa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel has a great vibe, is very clean and well equipped, and the staff are very helpful.

I arrived late night and when I wanted to get a bite, the streets were filled with homeless people and prostitutes. Wet rooms were not clean. Apparently a lot of locals stay at this hostel to party, so it is loud until the morning. due to the fact that walls and windows are so thin you need earplugs to sleep. (hostel must be aware of this as they already offer them.) conclusio: if you do not mind sleeping with earplugs, having no kitchent and a bit shady audience, here you got a cheap option

Hi there. Lapa is undergoing a big change and it getting better everyday. It is not a fancy neighborhood, and we like to believe that you will get the real experience. Despite the feeling(this is not Oslo), we are in front of the Central Police Station, and there is no real concern regarding security. We do get a lot of Brazilians from times to times, but this is a good thing, after all your traveling here :) Please understand that one night is not enough to fully experience the CaipiLife.

Good all round hostel in central Rio. Very close to the buses to head to the beaches. Really helpful staff, free caipirinhas every day. Clean, secure rooms with lockers and plenty of power points. Great stay....

It was ok.

Clean, perfect location, and nice atmosphere. The girls at the reception are super cute, the guys are super cool, and they are all super friendly and polyglot. Don't worry about the lack of a kitchen, they offer free coffee, and there are cheap restaurants and bakeries just a stone's throw away. The place to be in Rio.

• 15th Jun 2013

Great staff, atmosphere and beds. would definitely stay here again!!

Stayed here because I would arrive late and leave early needed to fly from Rio and chose the cheapest hostel I could find. It turned out to actually be a fantastic hostel! Great atmosphere with free Caiprinhas. I was surprised cause of the low cost. About 1 minute walk from Lapa with great bars/clubs/street parties.

Great place to stay in center of Rio de Janeiro. Big, spacious hostel with comfortable, clean rooms. Staff was extremely friendly, the owner gave us same huge special discount. The next door restaurant has very good food with special price for the hostel guests. All recommendations!

I only stayed for one night but I thought the place was fantastic. Next time I go back to Rio I'm staying in Caipihostel again! The staff were all really nice and helpful and the price is unbeatable. I loved Caipihostel.

• 28th Apr 2013

simply worst hostel I have ever been to, staff was just awful.

Hi, Usually there is an explanation for the guest problems, and more usually they are right. We are a new hostel and the improvements come daily. We are not perfect and never will be. But we are trying to be the best hostel we can and have the best value for money in town. Even though, from times to times, we will get something like this review. And there is nothing we can really do about it. I talked to all of our staff, and nothing important happened. Nothing worth mentioning. So yes, we might be the worst hostel. But hopefully, just for you :)

Sensacional!

I will recommend you to stay at Caipi Hostel. If you are looking for a cheap room, meet people, share a drink, and have fun until late, Frendly staff, good enviroment, areas for share. We played music in the patio, with people from different countries. Staff invited us to go out at night, and during the day to do some alternative trails in the city. It is a new Hostel that has the intention to improve day by day and I am sure the will be top in Rio. Good luck ! Saludos from Barcelona

Good staff. Bathrooms are large and clean. Comfortable beds! The music at the lobby is great! Easy access to the bus serivce. Cabin cars all the time in front the hostel. However, the "caipirinha" could be a litle bit cheaper. hahaha

• 28th Mar 2013

Great stay. Staff was excellent. Met some great travelers who passed thru. Was able to take the bus across the street to the Ipanema, and Christ the Redeemer. Was in walking distance of the arches and the famous steps. The subway was also in walking distance. Friday night, the party area was also in walking distance.

• 21st Mar 2013

It is incredibly clean and the beds are very good.

• 20th Mar 2013

Fantastic hostel! Loved it! Very nice and helpful staff and confortable bedrooms! See you next time! cheers!

It was a great time in Rio at Caipihostel. Lots of good music, caipirinha and nice people. Perfect! Cant wait to come back there!

• 13th Mar 2013

I loved it! ... Great facilities ... Very clean ... I was very well received ... I recommend!!

• 12th Mar 2013

Unlike other reviews, I found this place excellent. Well located, great athmosphere, very comfy matresses. If you are in a party mood, this is the place. The owner Cassio was very friendly and helpful. Excellent value for money.

• 11th Mar 2013

I have been in many hostels in Rio and for sure this one is the best. Next time I will stay longer. Thanks for the cool reception.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels