CaipiHostel Reviews

Av. Gomes Freire, 373, Lapa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel is so much fun!!!! Especially on the weekend when the street party is on. Free Caipirinha's, good music, really friendly staff who went out with all the guests almost every night and became friends with them! Rooms are really clean and the beds are so comfortable with lockers in the headboards and underneath and individual power outlets.. The breakfast was great as well with a lot of choice and all really fresh. Staff knew a lot about the city as well..Would definitely recommend Caipi

I really liked the hostel during my stay in Rio. Every night has a Caipirinha moment that I loved because it's time to meet peopple inside the hostel. Congratulations!

I really liked this hostel, but due to the fact it is in a neighborhood surrounded by prostitution I chose to leave. Otherwise this is probably one of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in all of South America.

• 13th Jul 2014

This one is tough to review. On the one hand, it was extremely modern, secure, clean, well-equipped...and yet, it was missing something. It started with a somewhat ambivalent attitude from the staff and continued through to a rather quiet and lazy crowd at the hostel (though, in fairness, this is not entirely the hostel's fault). While on the surface this hostel is 100%, it was simply missing...something. Hard to place. Still, a great place to lay your head right beside Lapa!

Pague por dormitorio femenino y las primeras noches me dieron cama en dormitorio mixto. El staf fumando marihuana a destajo mientras trabajan, me robaron unos audifonos desde la pieza. Cocina del porte de un baño, lejos del metro del carrete. El aire acondicionado se prende y apaga cuando ellos quieren. Staff con mala disposicion para ayudar, sobre todo por que no hablan español

I stayed at CaipiHostel for a week during the World Cup and I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is very hip and clearly geared towards young travelers looking for a party scene. The staff was generally quite helpful and all spoke English. Each bed's headboard has two power outlets, which is nice because it's made for travelers. The location is about two blocks from Lapa, a big party spot, and the hostel threw a party on Saturday. The price was high for a hostel, but it was during the World Cup.

Stayed during the World Cup in Rio - Caipihostel had generally friendly staff, and good atmosphere. Breakfast was better than expected and got used to the 12 people dorms pretty quickly. Generally good stay.

• 16th Jun 2014

The best thing about the hostel is its location in Lapa. However, the air conditioning system in the bedrooms is very noisy and can keep you awake even with ear plugs! The hostel thinks it's a club. It has music blaring at nearly all times of the day. It is particularly noisy on Saturday night and the music can be heard on the third floor. The sound proofing on the third floor is very poor. During my stay, there was also a shortage of water in the bathrooms.

I loved Caipi hostel! It's the Best hostel i've ever been... Great experience!! Treasure every moment.. hope i'll be back with friends over there again soon! THANKS CAIPIHOSTEL!!!!!!

This is a great hostel. I Stayed here for a week, wish it was a lot longer. Great staff. Good security. Everyone makes you feel at home, great location. Cannot say a bad word about the place. I recommend it to anyone on a budget wanting a good vibe! Oh, and the beds are really comfortable! Este é um bom albergue. I hospedado aqui por uma semana, gostaria que fosse muito mais tempo. Excelente equipe. Boa segurança. Todo mundo faz você se sentir em casa, excelente localização. nada de ruim a dizer

Boa localização, ótimo atendimento e instalações, o bar e suas caipirinhas fazem toda a diferença. Excelente café da manhã. Estadia sem nenhum problema, com certeza retornarei mais vezes.

Awesome place to stay

Nice hostel in the heart of Lapa. Big dorms with good security. Free caipirinha at night was good for socializing. Wifi wasn't the best and staff were pretty slow doing check in and with helping, but other than that good hostel.

One of the best hostels I've ever been!! It's located near Arcos da Lapa, Escadaria Selaron and a lot of bars and nightclubs. The bed is really confortable, the room is great and has airconditioning, the bathroom is clean. There's free caipirinha every evening, and the breakfast is very good! My only suggestion is that the staff should be more informed about the city, like the touristic attractions and the ways of transportation.

The staff make a really big effort. They invited a lot of the guests to go out with them in Lapa to some really cool places we would'nt have seen otherwise. The live music was awesome, really cool bands that played a lot and the free caiprinhas got everyone ready to party and made it easier to meet people an the airconditioning works sooo well. I would really recommend this place to anyone who wants to see ALL of Rio not just the big tourist attractions but to get a proper feel for the city!

Caipi staff is a no no...mostly unpleasent Argentinians who think guests with American accents don't understand Spanish or Portuguese...Simon from England was the only one who knew what was going on. I would definitely not recommend the hostel. My stay was pleasant due to the amazing travelers who happened to be traveling thru. The bathrooms were dirty, rooms smelled and breakfast weak. Lapa is an amazing neighborhood so worth staying. Get info from guests, staff useless!

We are deeply sorry to hear your stay with us was unpleasant. Unfortunatly we had a huge staff change in the end of 2013 and that reflected in some aspects of our hostel Worst of all is the bad experience with some of our crew members. In all previous reviews in the year of 2013 one of our strongest assets was our crew.I can assure you the person whom you made a complaint about is no longer part of our staff We also apologize for the lack of cleanliness in the bathrooms an dorms.

I had nice stay at CaipiHostel, nice atmosphere, good location would stay there again

• 10th Jan 2014

It's not a bad hostel, I would come back, but: 1. it's dirty (mainly because most of male guests don't have much sense of collectivity, they can't really share spaces); 2. in 24 hours, I haven't seem any soap on bathrooms' sinks; 3. the staff is not really well trained, they tried twice to charge me already paid taxes or not compulsory taxes; 4 On summer, it gets full of mosquitos, bring or buy some repellent. I must add the location is just great for the ones who want to party every night.

Hello, first of all thank you for your review, it is very important for us to improve ourself. we had a huge staff change at the end of 2013 and that reflected on some aspects of our hostel, such as the mantainence of our bathrooms/dorms and staff training.I can assure you that these problems are now solved. We usualy have mosquito repellent in the front desk. Thank you!

One of my favourite hostels ever. It has a large common area with a bar and smoking area at the back. The dorms are located up on the first and second floors an each floor has it own bathroom. The location is fantastic especially on the weekend because lapa is the place to be on a Friday or Saturday. There is a bus stop almost on the doorstep of the hostel which will take you straight to copacabana or impenema for just 3R$. The hostel also offers free caipirinhas in the evening. Highly recommend

The hostel is very close to the party area, even though the street is close to the prostitutes area, the police is everywhere and I never felt in danger. The main problem was the staff, not all of them, but all the argentinian workers. As we got there at 12pm they made us wait one hour cause they had a problem as they were changinng shifts. I ask them to let us take a shower as we wanted to go out, and they say no, and treated us very rude. They also informed us the wrong time for a tour.

Hello, first of all thank you for your review, it is very important for us to improve ourself, We are in Lapa the bohemian neighborood of Rio, because of that we have all kinds of people in the area, and the police to garantee the safety, as you noticed. We´re deeply sorry you had a bad experience with some of our crew members. I can assure you the person whom you made a complaint about is no longer part of our staff. Thank you !

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7