Group Booking Terms and Conditions
Because you are making a Group Booking, there are additional Terms and Conditions that apply. Please read them and click 'I Accept' below to continue with your booking
General Group Booking Terms
By making a group reservation through Hostelworld.com you agree to the following terms and conditions as set by Hostelworld.com and as set by the hostel in question.
- In order to make a group reservation on Hostelworld.com it is necessary to pay a deposit. The balance is due directly to the hostel according to their payment conditions.
- The booking deposit is non-refundable.
- Please note that any cancellations must be notified directly to the hostel at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled arrival date, unless otherwise stated in the hostel's conditions.
- Hostelworld.com are not responsible for changes or amendments to your reservation once it has been processed. All correspondence with regard to changes to your booking need to be dealt with directly with the hostel.
- Cancellations for reservations must be made directly with the hostel and must conform with the individual hostels cancellation policy (see below)
- It is your responsibility to pay the balance of your accommodation cost to the hostel in accordance with their payment conditions (see below). Failure to do so may result in your reservation being cancelled by the hostel.
- Individual hostels may have special booking conditions relating to group stays, please read the hostel booking conditions carefully before making your reservation.
Hostel Specific Terms & Conditions
The remainder of the amount due will be charged to your credit card 4 weeks prior to arrival. Should numbers or room selection change, the per person deposit times the number of people who actually travelled will be deducted from the total accommodation charge levvied by the hostel.
Cancellation / No Show & Reduction in Numbers Policy
Period before your arrival date charges:
More than 8 weeks (57 days or more) 20% of total cost
8 – 4 weeks (56 - 29 days) 55% of total cost
4 – 0 weeks (28 -0 day) 100% of total cost
Additional Terms and Conditions
a. Standard Group bookings are defined as an organised group of 10 people or more and booking SYHA services only.
b. Group package bookings are defined as 7.1a with the inclusion of additional elements provided by third party suppliers, such as activities, venue entry tickets, travel arrangements.
c. There is a legal requirement at licensed Youth Hostels for a minimum 1:10 ratio of adults to children.
d. Junior rates are applied to youths under 16 years. Persons that are 16 and over will be charged the senior rate.
e. SYHA Hostelling will endeavor to allocate “a group” together but in some situations this may be difficult due to the group number or the physical accommodation breakdown. On these occasions’ drivers, group leaders, persons may need to share room facilities with others.
f. For all group bookings, SYHA must receive a named rooming list, anticipated arrival time, notification of meal requirements and any special requirement provided at least 4 weeks (28 days) prior to arrival.
g. Every group is required to have a leader, regarded as the Lead Person, who is responsible for making and paying for the booking and is the main point of contact before, during and after the stay.
h. The Lead Person is required to be resident within the Youth Hostel throughout the duration of their booking and will be the contact person for our staff.
i. The Lead Person must be aged 18 years or over.
j. For all group bookings, SYHA must have a direct mobile telephone contact with the Lead Person whilst travelling, and a contact email address provided at least 72 hours prior to arrival.
k. Check-in is from 5pm on the day of arrival; however you are welcome to drop off any luggage in the morning. Some hostel may be able to accept earlier arrivals from 3pm but this should be confirmed in advance.
l. Departing groups must remove all their belongings from their room, and check out, before 10am. After this time groups may make use of the luggage storage facilities but all possessions must be removed from the room and the room key card handed back to reception. Late check-outs will incur a charge of an additional night.
The following group types are <em>not</em> accepted by this hostel: <strong>Stag/Hen/Bachelor Party</strong> If you have misrepresented the type of group you are booking for, your booking may be cancelled by the hostel.
Full catering is available please advise at time of booking.
Any cancellations resulting from agreement to these terms and conditions under false pretences will result in loss of deposit.
Selling Out Soon
Hostelworld Mobile Apps
Book on the go with the new Hostelworld mobile apps.