Cairns Central YHA Reviews

20-26 McLeod Street, Cairns QLD 4870, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Great hostel! Just some couple of suggestions: - shower head on common bathrooms is too low. Next renovation make them higher; - lack of power plugs - two or three in a room of ten; Loved the common area!

It is a good place to stay. It is clean, close to the center and the price (22 dollars per night) is ok. It is quite big and sometimes a bit loud. So nothing for people who like to stay at a quiet place!

There was only one plug connection in a room, which is not enough for four people who wants to charge phones and camera's.

It was not as cleen as YHA in Port Douglas no free wifi:( really annoying...The kitchen and the showers were dirty ! some of the staff members were snobbish!! not nice at all! not so helpful!

• 21st Apr 2013
  • Sweden

Our stay was very short, but enjoyable. The site is very convenient; the hostel seemed safe and well-equipped. and suited us very well.

• 17th Apr 2013

Hostel excellent in most points. Unfortunately being short (vertrically challenged) found the tea towel rail too high to reach. I was using my own modem on laptop and found that 'Global Gossip' was interfering with my own reception on Broadband. I did enquire about this at reception but no remedy could be found. I was staying some 20 minutes away from Cairns previously and had no problems whatsoever. Does Global Gossip try to over-ride so that we have to pay for Broadband?

• 21st Jan 2013

I love this hostel. But there is not many places to charge electronic devices. Accept that, this is the perfect place to spend time in Cairns

Many , many Times i stay in YHA Cairns , is like a 2 home for me !! Best Regards Ursula Will

• 7th Jan 2013
  • New Zealand

The blanket that was provided in the room wasn't clean. The shower also did not work very well.

Good sized hostel, not too big. Nice people, good atmosphere, with event organized every evening.

it was not a good hostle

Great place. Very convenient location. Very clean!

This Hostel was one of the friendliest and nicest place to stay the rooms didn't have that much going for them but the atmosphere and people made up for that. the pool is great and a nice outdoor area right nest to the kitchen made it a great place to meet people rooms had amazing air conditioning (coming from a cold climate you will need it) and lockers to store you belongings. lots of room in the kitchen and the staff were always helpful and smiling.

Good location and clean.

They were terrific at retrieving and mailing home my expensive jacket I threw in the laundry with my sheets (early in the am). Great place.

This hostel was incredible! It was beautifully laid out and added touches, like a pool and spa in the courtyard next to towering palm trees and a covered deck with colourful hammocks, made this hostel felt more like staying at a resort than a hostel. The bathrooms and kitchen were large and always clean, the laundry facilities were excellent. Would definitely stay here the next time I am in Cairns.

This was my first hostelling experience and I jumped in the deepend by getting a spot in a 10 person mixed dorm along with my friend on our trip. It was a fabulous experience and such a pleasant surprise. The rooms were clean, well taken care of, the air conditioning was a huge perk and everyone was really friendly. Thanks for the great introduction to hostelling!! I'd visit again any day!

• 25th Apr 2012

Only one power point for a room of 6? Not practical at all especially as in my room it was above another persons bed making it hard to charge phones and cameras during my stay. An extension cord would provide a simple solution.

The Internet was really really slow on the computers in the kitchen area and I couldn't even use the Yha website to make a booking for another hostel! Otherwise a great stay!

There were some little ants everywhere in the hostel...but they say it's normal in North Queensland. Two out of three soap dispenser in the kitchen were not working properly. However, the staff was really nice and the hostel and the common facilities were clean and tidy. We met nice people and the place was quiet at night. I really recommend this place if you want to visit Cairns!

• 10th Mar 2012