Cairns City Backpackers

Very Good 423 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 25-30
14th Apr 2017
8.0

Basic but suitable for all my needs. Downfall was that the room had an open section above the door which meant we could hear everyone walking past and the kitchen etc so pretty noisy. Room was clean though and had its own shower (although it was cold). Not enough plug sockets. Only stayed one night so didn't check out the facilities or spend time with other guests but seemed nice enough for the price.

• Spain, Female, 25-30
7th Apr 2017
4.9

Stayed 1night.The hostel is quite dirty.When I arrived (afterhours) to my room I didnt know which bed I could take, all of them looked occupied.Called receptions afterhours phone and she was really helpful. The bed was supposed to be clean, but didnt looked used she gave me knew sheets, but made me think if they check the rooms and beds. Kitchen was dirty and saw a big cockroach walking around the table close to the cutlery :/ Toilets arent clean either.Not good ocation, a bit of a walk to town.

• Slovakia, Female, 25-30
21st Mar 2017
8.0

This hostel is bit further around 20 min. The room has its own bathroom which is a bit weird as you have just curtain (other bathrooms on the corridor). The place, in general, kept clean. My only complain would be they don´t take rubbish out at all. When I entered room it has been full and no one took it out during next three days, when I finally asked a cleaning lady, there was no success either. Other than that it is worth what you pay for. The receptionist was nice and helpful.

• England, Couple, 18-24
15th Mar 2017
7.7

Good hostel but very out the way and they offer no free shuttle service, cockroach also came out of the draws that where in our room. Other than that it was fine we stayed for 5 nights and had our own room

• England, Male, 18-24
10th Mar 2017
3.1

The room was ok if you can overlook ant infestations and every bug under the sun. Airconditioning was another 4 dollars a night and a load of hidden coast when checking in like international card fees etc... It's the one place you can have a shower and come out feeling more dirty than when you went in and in the evening cockroaches will infest the kitchen as there are no doors it's all open. Run before they take you many and please spend a little more money and get a good night sleep.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
26th Feb 2017

I stayed in this hostel a couple of days and they gave me a night free because I extended another week which was cool. The receptionist bookd a reef tour for me and gave me 10% off. It's a great little hostel - Nice clean room, not many people crammed in which was refreshing! Its like a little tropical place close to the main shopping center, with an outdoor area out the back with a pool. Finally a place where the internet is fast!! Not too loud but a nice crowd. I would recommend this place!

• England, Couple, 18-24
16th Dec 2016
5.1

All felt very dirty, kitchen was dirty with a huge number of ants all over the surfaces, bedrooms also dirty and smelly, males toilet didn't lock. Pool too dirty to go in. Also very weird atmosphere, many regular people living there who didn't socialise at all. However the staff I met did all seem very nice and helpful and the location isn't too bad, not too far from the lagoon area.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
4th Nov 2016

Only stayed for 1 night before getting onto my great barrier live aboard. The woman at reception was very friendly and checked me in after hours and well. The rooms were clean and I could Amy hear any of the noise from the courtyard while I was sleeping. All in all seems like an excellent hostel.