Cairns City Backpackers

Very Good 417 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
10th Mar 2017
3.1

The room was ok if you can overlook ant infestations and every bug under the sun. Airconditioning was another 4 dollars a night and a load of hidden coast when checking in like international card fees etc... It's the one place you can have a shower and come out feeling more dirty than when you went in and in the evening cockroaches will infest the kitchen as there are no doors it's all open. Run before they take you many and please spend a little more money and get a good night sleep.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
26th Feb 2017

I stayed in this hostel a couple of days and they gave me a night free because I extended another week which was cool. The receptionist bookd a reef tour for me and gave me 10% off. It's a great little hostel - Nice clean room, not many people crammed in which was refreshing! Its like a little tropical place close to the main shopping center, with an outdoor area out the back with a pool. Finally a place where the internet is fast!! Not too loud but a nice crowd. I would recommend this place!

• England, Couple, 18-24
16th Dec 2016
5.1

All felt very dirty, kitchen was dirty with a huge number of ants all over the surfaces, bedrooms also dirty and smelly, males toilet didn't lock. Pool too dirty to go in. Also very weird atmosphere, many regular people living there who didn't socialise at all. However the staff I met did all seem very nice and helpful and the location isn't too bad, not too far from the lagoon area.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
4th Nov 2016

Only stayed for 1 night before getting onto my great barrier live aboard. The woman at reception was very friendly and checked me in after hours and well. The rooms were clean and I could Amy hear any of the noise from the courtyard while I was sleeping. All in all seems like an excellent hostel.