Cairns City Motel Reviews

169 Lake St, Cairns, Australia

We weren't provided with towels and the room stunk very strongly of cigarettes fridge had mould in the door and the tv didn't work. Ofcourse it's very cheap accommodation so I guess it's fine for the price really it's just be nice if we had been given towels and there was a ceiling fan in the room and flu screen on the window. I've stayed at a lot of hostels for cheaper and that were a lot better.

Perfect budget accomodation - basic but brilliant location.

• 5th Sep 2013

There were some ants in the room near the microwave/bar fridge but was ok because I had all my food inside the fridge anyway. The ants didn't come to the bed or other places of the room. They don't have a full kitchen, only the microwave and the bar fridge inside the room.

pleasantly surprised. Easy walking distance to town, friendly helpful staff. apart from the sticking bathroom door everything was great. Basic but very clean. I would happily stay there again.

• 30th May 2013
  • New Zealand

Rooms could use a refurb (dodgy plug sockets, sliding bathroom door broken) but other than that it's really clean, the staff are great, very friendly and helpful and the location is perfect. Fridge and microwave also included in the room which was perfect for us. Very good value for money.