Cairns Girls Hostel Reviews

147 Lake Street, Cairns, Australia

The room is big enough, but the bed is too soft to sleep, I need to put the blanket under and sleep on it and use my own sleeping bed to cover myself. Another comment is that the atmosphere is not very good, dark and always quiet. As it is around 5 mins walk to the city, it is quiet at night and easy to sleep which is very good.

Mario & Jenny (& Mario's mother) were extremely helpful in scheduling our tours & accommodating a change to our travel plans. Our only suggestions are to update the bathroom & have stronger security.

• 2nd Sep 2014

I felt this hostel was tired and lacking In spirit. It was in an excellent location and was very clean and for women traveling who would rather not be with boys, ideal! The beds were uncomfortable and the room pokey with nowhere to hang your towels, no bedside lights or safe in the room. The back door was locked open and i'm unsure if it was locked at night. There is a car wash next to the hostel and this was very noisy, starting about 8am so no chance of a lie in if you desired.