Cairns Woodduck Backpackers Reviews

136 Grafton Street, cairns, Cairns, Queensland, Australia

One of the friendliest hostels I've stayed in, Free cereal in the morning,free wifi,, a real bargain. Rooms are nothing special,but kept clean. Really nice atmosphere, the people staying here are really cool. Extended my stay for a bit longer.

• 19th Mar 2014

Very friendly place. Older building, but kept very clean. Loved the free pizza nights and chilling at the pool. iI come back here when I visit cairns again, and I will recommend the place to everyone who is going to Cairns.

• 19th Mar 2014

This hostel is gret value for money. People were really friendly, staff were helpful and there is always someone going around cleaning! Breakfast is basic, but at $19 a night you cant complain. Also free pizza on a weds is a great idea and definitely gets more people out! I'd definitely stay here again

• 18th Mar 2014

untidy poor cleaning facilities , no air-con , rat in room , barely any security room doors left open at night on last night stayed in hotel couldnt take anymore. i no this place is cheap and you get what you pay for but this was beyond a joke..

We are very surprised with your comments as we keep a high standard of cleanliness in our hostel. Every guest has a key and is obliged to close their doors. People do feel very comfortable and safe at our place and sometimes leave doors open. Management does remind guests to close doors. We live in the tropics and unfortunately we have to deal with rodents, but we deal with it immediately to stay on top of it. Maybe a hotel suits your kind of travels better.

Get a cleaner, redo the kitchen, have decent night staff

Good location, breakfast is cereal or oats, it is a nice change from toast. Offer good affordable trip to the reefs. Free dinner at a local pub, I don't mind queuing for a free pasta meal. The room is just fan, some nights may get hot but I didn't die.