Caledonian Backpackers Reviews

3 Queensferry Street, Edinburgh EH2 4PA, Edinburgh, Scotland

Staff is pretty reserved and uninterested in the guests Atmosphere suffers from the anonymity, many guests are unfriendly and uncommunicative Cleanliness: old dirty carpet, that gives off unpleasant stenches, the dry rot in the kitchen is after 12 days still the same - very unhygienic!!, the dishes are never properly cleaned Water tap of the only sink in the ladies room is still not fixed, had to use the only working sink on the 2nd floor, knifes are ridiculously blunt, Internet is a joke!!!

• 13th Jul 2014

Best location in Edinburgh! Sheets were clean and beds were so comfy, showers were clean and stayed warm the whole way through, and staff were helpful but not overly friendly. I spent my four full days exploring the city so I didn't take advantage of the social aspects of the hostel but everything seemed fun! I would definitely stay here again. Beware of the amount of stairs you may have to take to your room.. Wasn't a problem for me but seemed to be for others.

great value for money and great staff. The place itself is very run down but I think it adds to the atmosphere, as long as it meets health and safety requirements.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Free breakfast very good but toaster a puzzle 1st morning. Needs simple diagram on wall. ; Would've liked tea & coffee all day like in other hostels. Shelf in kitchen for putting free leftovers would make it more friendly for single travellers. Makes no sense to buy whole packets of salt & pepper when there's only one of you and you're only staying one night. Warn about key-cards sometimes expiring mid-stay. Notices about wifi being always good somewhat misleading..

• 10th Jul 2014

Very nice atmosphere in bar for breakfast.

• 10th Jul 2014

I had an amazing stay. 10/10 would book again.

very nice hostel!

• 8th Jul 2014

Love this hostel! People are very cool and friendly! Everything is clean and well looked after! The rooms are big and the beds are comfortable =) If you look for a hostel in Edinburgh, take this one!

• 7th Jul 2014

Hostel is okay, but in a very old building, bathrooms very old, also not so clean, but beds were okay. Rooms urgently Need some fresh paining, Looks all slightly run-down. Internet worked only sometimes during my stay.

The hostel was good located but the bunk beds where a little squeaky and one night there was no wifi at all. Breakfast was ok but a little messy. I recommend if u want a hostel just for sleeping.

I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again. I didn't make the most of some of the social aspects such as the free breakfast or visiting the bar area in the evening however the staff and visitors I came across were friendly. It's just off of Princes Street so in a great location. I'll stay here again on my next stay in Edinburgh. The art in the hostel gives it a unique style too.

Loved this place!

I had a really great time at this hostel. The location of the hostel is ideal and you can easily walk to all the major tourist locations across the city. There is a very relaxed vibe throughout Caledonian Backpackers which is unique from all the other hostels I have stayed at. This hostel brings in people from all over the world and I was fortunate to meet people from across the UK, Australia, and even the Czech Republic. If you're in Edinburgh, I would recommend Caledonian Backpackers.

• 3rd Jul 2014

My experience was very good and well organized. Checking in and out took no more than a minute each, and the staff was both knowledgeable and friendly. The rooms were nice and clean, and the only aspects less than ideal were the set up of the bathrooms and the unpredictable Wifi. Overall, a very good experience in a great location!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Me and my friend stayed in a private room for two. Generally the hostel was OK; staff were not rude, the facilities were in working order, and the bar is very nice. However, our room was extremely small. We barely had room to stand beside the bed. This made the stay more cumbersome than enjoyable, and it's a shame.

Totally satisfied, fully recommended.

I spent a lot of time in the hostel due to a mangled left foot and I can say that the staff was kind, helpful, and very friendly! The location is perfect, the art is an unexpected bonus, and although breakfast went pretty late by most standards (noon), I enjoyed not having to rush down for my morning coffee:) Highly recommended!

Excellent Location, atmosphere and staff. The beds are not the best. There's no way to know if the bed clothes are clean. No sockets besides the beds.

My only complaints were that the bathrooms weren't very clean and that the internet wasn't consistent. Other than that, I had a great stay and was completely satisfied. Would recommend!

The hostel is in good location and in a very big building. They have kitchen and bar also.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7