Caledonian Backpackers Reviews

3 Queensferry Street, Edinburgh EH2 4PA, Edinburgh, Scotland

Perfect location, not that great for solo travellers though as it's such a massive hostel so many people are in groups already which makes it kind of hard to meet people. Also not really revolved around young travellers but more of all ages. (Had lots of old people in my room). Safe could be friendlier, breakfast was good though and it's from 6am-12 which is nice so you don't have to wake up super early to make it :)

Great atmosphere with the bar, the huge common room and the big kitchen. If you like partying its the place to stay.

I stayed here in June for a few nights. It was comfortable and clean. The bar was a good place to start the night. Breakfast was included. Most staff were good, some were a bit unprofessional at times but overall a good hostel.

Two words : simply fantastic. Enjoyed my stay thoroughly , due to rain was inside the hostel half the day but the bar is so cool that u can spend any amount of time there ! Staff was really helpful and kept the place clean all the time. This really is run by backpakers for backpackers :D

Excellent price, good location - close to castle. Staff very helpful and friendly. Overall enjoyed my stay

Such a great location, lovely reception staff, beautiful hostel and clean. Do not get too excited by the free breakfast though!

• 8th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Only stayed one night, but the hostel was good. Rooms and bathrooms were clean, equipped, and the hostel had what you needed. The staff even helped us carry a suitcase up the stairs (as there are a fair bit of stairs for carrying a suitcase). The bar had good deals and not too much of a party atmosphere, just enough to be friendly and fun really. The only downside of the hostel was the fact that at breakfast, you had to ask for things to be replaced (jam/bread were all gone, etc).

The breakfast was simple toast with cerial, all you can eat, 6-12, pretty good!

This is a wonderful place to stay! Super cheap during the week and okay on weekends as well. Had a great time with you guys. The staff was so eager to help and inform - I can't even tell you how thankful I am for that! The sink was leaking the whole time I was there - so I guess that's the only think that can be improved (for the environment's sake). There are computers that you can use, there's hot water, free wifi (which actually works) lockers and a bar where you can meet new people.

I really liked this hostel. My 8-bed dorm was big and clean, there was a big kitchen and we had free access to computers, from which we could also print. I also liked the location on princes street - at a walking distance from most things you would want to do!

I can really recommend that hostel! Top location, clean and nice staff!! Would go there any time again.

This wonderfully eclectic hostel is just steps away from the breathtaking city center of Edinburgh. The decor of this hostel is almost reason enough to stay here. There is just an overall atmosphere of cool. Breakfast was splendid. The bar in the hostel is a great place to enjoy time with new friends. The staff is always helpful and quite awesome. I have only kind words to stay and I plan on staying here for a 3rd time in the near future.

Great place to stay. Amazing location!

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

friendly staff and nice atmosphere. but very varm in the room, seems to be no air conditioner so we had to have the window open, even though a regular wednesday there was quite noisy out on the street. happily I was very tired that night and got to sleep fast anyway :) good wifi and a basic breakfast included, i'm happy.

Nice hostel : perfect location, clean and safe, friendly atmosphere. The breakfast is ok. Our only complaint : the squeaky bunk bed troubled our sleep...

Breakfast was terrible, most of the food ran out and they did not bring out ample supplies. Had a reservation malfunction was woken up at midnight, but luckily things worked out.

Hi Nicholas Thanks for the review. We are obviously always trying to improve our service. We feel that our free breakfast that runs till midday is one of the benefits of staying with us like our midday checkout. Hope to see you again

The bar is somewhat nosiy but it's calm in the room. #22 bus stop is very near area so easy to go to the Britania, the Royal yacht.

+ Best location in EDI + breakfast is easy (unfortunately no scottish breakfast) and good + super friendy staff + good price - beds are too small for (1,90m tall people) - beds aren't very comfortable

• 5th Jun 2014

Stayed here before, location good, adequate, but only two showers on my floor, one of which was broken. Otherwise nothing wrong with the place, and will stay here again in future.

Staff awesome, helpful, good games area