Caledonian Backpackers Reviews

3 Queensferry Street, Edinburgh EH2 4PA, Edinburgh, Scotland

My only complaint is that the bathrooms need an update. It's a very old building and the showers were small and there were only 2 toilets in the bathroom. Other than that, the beds were really comfortable and I enjoyed the painted art all over the walls.

Great location with really friendly staff! Rooms and beds were clean with lockers in the room. Only downside was limited toilets and bathrooms for the dorms and they were really small.

• 1st Aug 2014

Great atmosphere. Would definitely visit again!

Great location, good breakfast and wifi, however carpets were a bit dirty in places.

I stayed here for 5 nights. Common areas, staff, location, kitchen/breakfast, room were all great. No complaints there. The only thing that was slightly uncomfortable here are the bathrooms/showers. On the third floor there is only one sink, two toilets, and three showers, for the entire floor. It got really cramped in there and the hooks are outside of the showers so it was kind of inconvenient. The place seems older so there's probably not much they can do to improve this.

The atmosphere and the employees make the hostel what it is! Fun. funky, and friendly, the people we met at this hostel had us wishing we had stayed in Edinburgh longer! Gave us great recommendations on what to do while we were in Scotland! Great for young/solo backpackers.

The rooms are nice with comfy beds and big lockers. It was a little quiet while I was there so I had a whole six bed room to myself for two nights. The bar was also a but quiet so meeting people from the hostel as a solo traveller was a little hard but I had a really good sleep! The location was good on the main strip in the new town and within walking distance to the old town.

I am afraid , for people of age 70 dorms are not so fitting. For young and dynamic persons the arrangements are excellent.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • India

The Hostel was in a central location with friendly and helpful staff. it was generally clean. Would defiantly recommend.

I enjoyed my stay! The bar has a great vibe, the kitchen is nice and big! The toilets and showers were okay. The staff were great and the location really can't be beat!

Good hostel, a little expensive but it is okay. The sound insulation is good at each doors. The bar and common space are nice, especially morning free coffee is very good.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »