Caledonian Backpackers Reviews

3 Queensferry Street, Edinburgh EH2 4PA, Edinburgh, Scotland

Stayed here before, location good, adequate, but only two showers on my floor, one of which was broken. Otherwise nothing wrong with the place, and will stay here again in future.

Staff awesome, helpful, good games area

I've been at the hostel for only two days, but my impression was extremely positive. The staff is very attentive, the room was large, a full kitchen so we could cook, very comfortable and inviting social area. The breakfast was simple but it was informed from the beginning, so do not bother me one bit. I would point out, for sure!

The stay was enjoyable and most of the staff was friendly! The bathrooms were a bit rough, but definitely usable. A great starting point for any adventure and surrounded by everything one needs!

• 4th Jun 2014

Worth the money, the breakfast was a nice touch

• 2nd Jun 2014

Lovely hostel with great staff. Felt very cozy and inviting and the breakfast available until noon was the icing on the cake!

Great hostel, funky atmosphere, great location!

• 1st Jun 2014

Everything was great at this hostel except the washrooms/showers. There were no place to put our stuff. I liked that there were lots of common space.

The localization is really good. Nice staff, nice people.

• 31st May 2014

Hostel is well located, breakfast was ok. However in the floor that I stayed in, there were only one female WC, with 1 sink, 2 toilets and 3 showers. Of course it was not enough for everybody. All over my bed there was lots of someone hair! Totally disgusting!

I loved this place. I booked the 38 mixed room and was nervous about how many people that was but the beds didn't squeak and you didn't hear the other people. The staff was great, we drank with them at the hostels bar and had a great time. It was nice having the cinema room for rainy days too. The bathrooms were communal but we're cleaned everyday and we're some of the cleanest ones I've seen in my 6 week backpacking trip. Free breakfast was okay (toast

It was a GREAT place to meet people. I stayed in the 38 mixed room - I definitely recommend this room if you're traveling solo (like myself) & want to mingle. The beds are comfortable but I didn't feel like they were very clean- but it's a hostel so what do you expect. The cucumber room is nice (a bean bag room where people hang out & play music), the internet room was useful, & the lounge and bar were nice. Overall I enjoyed this place. Great location!

• 29th May 2014

Staff were extremely unhelpful. Windows did not close properly. Only one plug in an 8 bedroom dorm and no option of a muti-plug. Bathroom facilities awkward and no place for clothing but the floor outside the shower. Beds were springy and uncomfortable. Would say it is one of the worst hostels I have stayed in and could have easily made it better by having friendlier or more helpful staff. However, the location was fairly good.

Excellent location, great vibe, great facilities, lockers in room, good breakfast. Only issue was the bathrooms- too few, the one on our floor didn't have a functioning sink, and often busy (and the hostel wasn't even full). I recommend showering at night as there were line-ups in the morning. Despite that, it's a nice, big, friendly, safe hostel, would definitely recommend :)

It as a rally nice place and good value for money, I was in a 12 people dorm and it was a little bit noisy at mornings but above all a good place to stay.

Nothing to claim about. I am 66 and had not been in such a place for Years ! I thought" I am going to spend the worst night of my stay because of so many young people around...i had in the past bad experience..noise, shoutings, half drunk youngs...." But nothing of the kind happened. Thank you. Fully satisfied.

• 25th May 2014

Good location to the center of Edinbrugh (also connection to and from the airport is very good/easy). Breakfast isn't special but is alright for a quick start. Some showers upstairs are a bit small but the cleanliness is okay.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I was running the Edinburgh Marathon the next day, so it was great to get a decent night's sleep! I also loved the atmosphere in the hostel bar, a great place to chill out.

• 24th May 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Facilities were fine, but I didn't get a good night sleep, due to several very late night arrivals and early departures.

Enjoyable stay over the marathon weekend. Thanks