Caledonian Backpackers Reviews

3 Queensferry Street, Edinburgh EH2 4PA, Edinburgh, Scotland

This hostel is great ! Lockers in the room as well as storage when you're waiting to check in or out. On the best street ever, right next to everything. WiFi worked in the rooms and breakfast lasts until noon ! Staff was nice and friendly. Great value for your money, definitely stay here !

The atmosphere was incredible, and everyone very friendly. I had friends who were staying at another hostel, and each night they wanted to come hang out at the Caledonian Backpackers instead! The kitchen was spacious and well-kept, the bedding was nice, and the common area was artistically accommodating and cozy. It was a really fun place to stay, and I'd definitely stay here again if/when I travel back to Edinburgh.

• 21st Mar 2014

I like it!

Very nice hostel with good breakfast (from 6am to 12pm!), super clean bathrooms, hot shower. If you want to use the locker in the room, you must have a thick padlock cause otherwise the locker can be opened.

Very friendly staff greeted me and helped me find the laundry room. I really loved the decorating! All of the walls were full of life! The bar was a very fun place to chill and have a drink. The whole place was very clean and well-kept, as well.

I thought the hostel was located a little too far from the Old Edinburgh, where all the guided tours departed. It took me around 20 minutes to do the back and fourth multiple times during the day. But hey, the city is so beautiful that it didn't matter that much. The kitchen was perfect: there was everything I needed to cook and multiples fridges so everyone can stack their food. The staff was great, I went out with them on the first night I stayed there. I had a great time!

Had loads of fun thinking about living there long term

It was a very nice stay, all the staff was very friendly and helpfull, despite my bad English level.

• 22nd Feb 2014

The hostel was incredibly nice and clean, rooms were a good size and beds were very comfortable. Staff was helpful and breakfasts were decent.

• 22nd Feb 2014

Be prepared for the fire alarm going off at 3.30 in the morning. Happened 4 times now. I've only stayed there 6

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Nice and warm schouwer!

It is a great hostel! The room is big, the beds are good, brekfeast was ok, tge beathroom was clean.

• 12th Feb 2014

This was my first time staying in a hostel and I had a very positive experience that has made me want to choose hostels for future travel. The beds were super comfortable and all the people, guest and staff were very nice and helpful.

• 8th Feb 2014

Group of 11 Irish students stayed in room E. Each of us shared the same opinion that it was a fantastic hostel and will most certainly be returning. Exceeded all our expectations. WiFi was of great strength, bean bag cinema had a huge range of films to chose from, the lads LOVED the pool tables, showers were perfect temperature and the towels supplied for 50p were good condition. Breakfast was ideal.! Staff were extremely nice and friendly and great atmosphere. Well done guys!

• 5th Feb 2014

The breakfast was not very good. But everything else was great

The hostel was really well equipped and clean and quiet. The only litte disadvantage of such a big building is the thermal insulation: it was cold everywhere in the building (rooms, toilets, showers,...). Maybe something to do about?

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • Belgium

Thanks for letting us know about the heating. We constantly try to make sure our place is cozy but sometimes miss the mark with our well sized rooms particularly when we are quiet! We will look into this asap

Good hostel, great location near Princess Street. One negative point: sheets and blanket. They were not in good condition and did not appear to be very clean. Toilets were always very clean. Did not always manage to use the internet. Sometimes did not get through. Otherwise it's a great hostel in a very good location. Breakfast is good too.

Hi thanks for letting us know that our internet wasn't up to scratch. Sometimes there are a few black spots with wifi coverage and we are always looking to make sure the whole building gets good coverage.

Surprisingly cozy for a January visit!

Nothing to complain about, enjoyed our trip at your place very much. Breakfast from 6-12 was much appreciated :) Will definitely recommend your hostel! Thank you very much!

• 31st Jan 2014

Awesome location and great staff. Other guests were a lot of fun to go out with, and you could see the Edinburgh castle from the hostel bedroom. Would definitely stay here again.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » last »