Caledonian Backpackers Reviews

3 Queensferry Street, Edinburgh EH2 4PA, Edinburgh, Scotland

Really nice hostel. Staff friendly and close to everything!

The free breakfast was nice. The beds were terrible.

- Too few toilets for girls - Very noisy in rooms towards road - No individual lamps by bed, so the ceiling lamp was on until past midnight for those coming in late. - No individual power sockets either + Great location, with a short walk to the Royal Mile, castle etc. + Electronic key to room + Good price + Nice staff

I stayed in Caledonian's for a weekend in May 2014. The hostel was quite all right, the room (8 bed, female only) a bit smelly though. Breakfast was ok, room had lockers and plugs (would have prefered to have near my bed but well...). The showers were ok too (with hot water).

This hostel was quite nice. The rooms were spacious and the beds were relatively comfortable. I enjoyed the fact that the wifi reached the rooms and that each person had a personal locker for storage. The walls have some really awesome murals too! My only complaint is that there were not enough outlets in the rooms.

couldnt fit a small trolley bagage in the lockers.someone borrowed my gel and never returnt it. perfect location.

This hostel was perfect. The staff were very helpful. They let us into the dorm when we arrived at 7 am after taking the night bus from London. Breakfast was served until 12 which was nice. Kitchen facilities were great and wifi in the rooms and everywhere else in the hostel. Would definitely stay here again

A very artistic hostel with a bar, great for having a drink when returning to the hostel. It's in a great location, but at night it's not the most exciting neighborhood. It's very close to that area, Edinburgh isn't that big after all. Great stay all in all and definitely a good price for what we got.

Pros: the location is very good, the rooms are big and have lockers, there is free wi fi , breakfast is very good and the staff is very friendly. Cons: the showers are uncomfortable because you have to leave all your clothes and towel out of the shower box, and the matresses need to be changed!

On our arrival the man on the door was helpful, albeit not very personable. He did leave some questions unanswered for us to figure out for ourselves. The bar staff was non-existent and we waited for an exceptionally long time to be served. When we did, the service wasn't particularly friendly. The staff when leaving weren't happy or kind.

• 8th May 2014
  • Scotland

The staff was really helpful and friendly from the moment I checked in. They were very accommodating when I had some issues with my room one night. Swapped me rooms without any hesitation. Good atmosphere. The bathrooms could have been cleaner and a bit bigger, mornings in the lady's rooms were very crowded. But overall, not the worst. Location was okay, but the city is small enough so it is easy to walk everywhere even if the hostel is a bit further from the centre of town.

No fault of the stay . But was bothered by loud noisy guest in the bar till 2:30 am. Wish the guest would have been more considerate

• 4th May 2014

Would stay again. Breakfast is simple, but free. They had vegemite! Kitchen's good. Had a movie room, which was awesome with beanbags. Had a bar, which was ok. Good location I think.Atmosphere is great!

A very good hostel, much better than other hostel I lived in before and brekfast was included

• 3rd May 2014
  • Sweden

No complaints but paid over the odds because it was Saturday.

Loved our time there. Staff was wonderful, and the hostel has a central location (a nice easy walk to town if your prefer it to transports) atmosphere and great selection of dring in the bar. Rooms are clean and the decor is awesome! I will come back! Don't forget to try a ceilidh nigth @ ghillie dhu just across the street or a hype night meal with amazing cocktails @ the sygn just up the street.

Really enjoyed our recent stay. Great atmosphere in the hostel, very helpful staff and the ideal location.

• 2nd May 2014

NO INTERNET AT ALL the whole 5 nights i was there!! Location was perfect, every single staff member went out of their way to be helpful BUT the bathrooms mostly were like bathrooms at the end of the night in a pub & literally no where to take even a towel with you to shower. The atmosphere especially over the weekend was that of one HUGE Stag/Bucks/Hens night in fact I've never seen so many men dressed as women & i swear i saw a bunch of people dressed in animal suits at breakfast one morning.

nothing special to say, had a great time there

• 1st May 2014

Absolutely fantastic! I am so glad I came here. The Wi-Fi was absolutely perfect, the rooms were spacious and clean (even in the dorms), and the staff was lovely and helpful. My only suggestion would be maybe an elevator, but the stairs aren't that bad. I have already recommended this hostel to two other people, both of whom are staying here. Thanks for a fantastic stay!