Calle 11 Hostel Santa Marta Reviews

Calle 11 #4-120, Rodadero, Santa Marta, Santa Marta, Colombia

I booked 1 night in a dorm of 10 with air-con. All beds have privat curtains, a light and a pluck. The Hostel is the perfect base to explore the areas like tayrona national park or the lost city. The hostel is one of the cleanest i ever seen. the staff is very helpful and welcoming always with a smile in they face. The pool is a nice and clean. The hostel is a old gangster house from a drug dealer :)

Really beautiful hostel at a reasonable price and perfect for relaxing on the pool or in any other place on the premise!! Very nice and helpful owner who recommended us to do the Tayrona National Park (which is amazing!) on our own. It was worth it! A cute hostel cat named Felix and 2 turtles live also there :) a small shopping center is situated nearby and buses to Santa Marta go every few minutes (about 10-15 minutes ride, depending on where you go in Santa Marta).

Thank you for the comment, we are happy you liked our recomendation. We are lucky to be located in the middle of so many different attractions, such as Tayrona national parc, Minca, the Lost City, the historical center and of course the beach ! Safe travels.

I was originally going to stay here for two nights but decided to get my SCUBA diving certification. I'm so glad I did because it meant I got to stay at this hostel for an extended period of time. This is by far the most welcoming, clean, and relaxing hostel I've ever been in. I now feel as though the owners are personal friends and would definitely see myself staying here again. Everything one would need to do is a short bus or taxi ride away and it's within walking distance of the beach.

Thank you for this nice comment, it was indeed a pleasure to have you here. We hope you will keep on diving, and dont hesitate to stay in contact with us ! Safe travels my friend.

Not really my style of hostel. I didn't find it that cosy, but it might be personal.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you for the comment, we are always open to more precise suggestions in order to improve our service. Safe travels.

Outside of Santa Marta...but still very close to a nice beach. Really enjoyed the atmosphere. Great place to relax and unwind

The staff isnt helping, sadly for me but the colombian receptionist doesnt have the skills to make feel confortable the customers. I expected more from the hostel because of the reviews. Not good bathrooms, old pillows, bad service, with empty rooms but they make you wait until 3pm with the excuse of "cleaning service" in the dorms.

Dear customer, I was surprised to see that you disliked your stay. We generally get excellent comments from our guests. I am positive our staff gives dedicated customer service and that the facilities are comfortable. I would recommend in the future if you experience discomfort ask to speak with a manager; we can easily help you with simple issues such as changing your pillow. As for 3pm check-in, it is not and "excuse" but a very standard practice in order to provide clean dorms. Kind regards

The hostel building itself is an attraction! Strong Mafia feeling place to chill with friendly staff. It's a little out of Santa Marta but getting in and out is easy enough and you probably won't spend long in town anyway. The kitchen felt a bit small when there was more than one person in it but was generally fine.

Thank you Julian, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Indeed, the history of the villa is a reason to come in itself. We will consider your comment about the kitchen and see if there would be a way to improve it. Safe travels.

Really nice hostel and the staff is very very helpful. The pool area is fantastic! I always travel for short periods and I usually like when hostels have food you can order and this one didn't have it. Also I don't recommend to stay in the 6 people room with vent because it's a little vent next to your bed and it makes a lot of noise ! I've stayed in hostels in Santa Martw with big vents and they are really good. The room with air conditioner was much better!! But it's very organized hostel

• 23rd Jul 2015

Thank you for your suggestions. Since we took over only a few months go we are evaluating the possibilities of serving food and if there is a demand for it. We will consider your comment.

Really lovely hostel and staff. Really nice facilities. However, we didn't realise when we booked that it wasn't in Santa Marta though, but in Rodadero, which is about a 10 minute bus ride. But after the initial confusion, it was not so bad to get into town.

Indeed we are located in Rodadero, closer to the nicest beach of Santa Marta. We tried to make it very clear on all the booking pages and websites, stating it in the description and maps but every now and then we get guests who forget to read the "how to get there" section. We are glad that you found your way without too much problem and that you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasure to have you here.

Loved my stay at Calle 11. The villa is amazing and they do a really good job keeping it clean. The couple who run it are very helpful and knowledgable. It's a bit more expensive than in other places in Colombia and doesn't include breakfast, but the prices are higher in Santa Marta and surroundins in general. Great place to stay, a few minutes walk from the local beach, supermarket, ATM etc and located between Santa Marta and the airport. Highly recommend!

Thank you Suzanne for your comment. We are very passionate about the hostel, and as you say about helping out guests with their travels... maybe because we travelled for years ourselves. About the prices, we are average market for Santa Marta, which you are right is a bit higher in general. Breakfast...coming soon!

Loved that place! It's super clean and has a relaxed atmosphere... Supermarkets ar right around the corner, 7min. walk to the beach. It's not in Santa Marta but you can take the local bus (buses leave all the time during the day).

Thank you Sandra, it was also a pleasure for us to have you here. You are right, we are lucky to have a good location, close to all services and especially to the beach and only a short bus ride to the historic part.

lovely hostel. Clean quiet and in a very safe area.

Thank you, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Great location

Thank you Cristian for you reply, it was a pleasure to have you here ! Safe travels.

AMAZING hostel! Absolutely beautiful facilities with pool, TV room with loads of movies, kitchen, hammocks and billiard table. Dorms have plenty of space with lockers and personal shelf with electric socket and curtains. Staff went above and beyond to help us with everything--booking ciudad Perdida trek, diving, helped us make calls about lost luggage! So much information and happy to share! Great atmosphere at the hostel, very chill. Best hostel I have been at in SA! Thank you!

It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your family around. If hostels could review guests we would give you a perfect note. Safe travels and feel free to ask us more info once you get to central america... X

Nice place to spend one night an then head to Parque Tayrona or somewhere else. The hostel atmosphere is really quiet so it is only good to relax, not to party or make friends. The location is really good, close to the supermarket, atm, the beach. But it is not in Santa Marta center. If you are going to stay here, choose the 8 bed dorm.. the 10 is not worth it!

Thank you for the positive review. We wanted to point out two things in relation with your comment ; we agree we are not a "party hostel" and we like to keep it quiet after midnight. But we were suprise you felt it was hard to make friends here since this had been the thing guests appreciate the most : us being a smaller hostel all our guests get to meet and we personaly speak to all of them. We are also surprised you did not like the dorm of 10 since it is our best seller... Safe trip !

Great place, great staff, good facilities and spacious dorm for 10 on the roof. Kitchen facilities are good with a supermarket around the corner. Nice pool and hangout....stayed 3 days and hardly went out!

Really cool place to chill for a few days, loved it! Gracias :)

awesome staff and incredible place. Not in main Santa Marta but still close to good beaches and restaurants

Fantastic hostel, great relaxed atmosphere with lovely pool and nice staff. Also it was spotlessly clean. One of the best and cheapest i've stayed at

It was a wonderful place to be. I stayed here for about a week, at the end of my trip and it was just great. Nice atomsphere, pool, very friendly owners! Definitely one of the best hostals i've stayed in South America.