Calle 11 Hostel Santa Marta Reviews

Calle 11 #4-120, Rodadero, Santa Marta, Santa Marta, Colombia

Very nice and relaxing spot! Great people working there!

• 4th Feb 2016

Thank you for your comment but mostly for your stay, and for extending it. Great guests like you make it worth to do this ! The best to you...

Really chill place for the most part, don't come here if you're looking for a party hostel. For as nice of a hostel it is you'd think they'd get better beds. Honestly, the most flimsy and rickety beds you will ever encounter. That being said, try to secure a bottom bunk if possible. Also not sure what they're playing at charging 4.000COP for 1.5L water refill, walk to the store and get it for half the price

Thank you for your stay. As you probably know "party hostels" are a type of hostels, amongst others. We definitely do not want to be part of that category and aim for nice atmoshphere, drinks by the pool, excellent music and good conversations. We advertise everywhere as such and leave the party hostels for those who want that. :) New bunkbeds are on the way for the top floor (only room where they have not been changed from previous owners). As for the water prices, nobody has to purchase water here... the refills are there to save plastic and for those who dont feel like walking outside. I am not sure what to think of the words chosen "what they are playing" ? We dont meant to play in any ways. Safe travels.

Staying at calle 11 was an absolute delight. The building and grounds were beautiful. And super clean. It's about 3 blks to the vendors and another to the beach Oliver is wonderful and knowledgeable and extremely nice. Try the frozen Jamaican iced tea. !!!! Not a party hostel

Great place, with amaizing staff!

Always a pleasure !

Loved this hostel! The pool is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Also had a great kitchen- perfect for making your own meals. And dorms beds were comfortable. Every dorm bed also gets its own curtain (for privacy), own lamp, and socket for plugins.. The only things that we didn't like about this hostel is upon check-out you have to bring all of your sheets/pillow to reception, (I find thing ridiculous anywhere you are paying to stay). And check in isn't until 2 or 3pm. The pool makes the wait not bad

A few things were quite irritating: Nobody at reception for huge chunks of time, some people got stuck outside Air con remote not left in room so you can't adjust temperature during the night - everyone froze Only two pool loungers No free coffee, you have to pay 5000 per cup - you dont even pay that in a cafe! Expensive water refills, 4000 per 1.5ll, way more than buying a new bottle in a supermarket Stupid non- pedal bin in kitchen so you dirty your hands when you use it

• 25th Jan 2016

Thank you for your stay. As you noticed we reply to all the comment. Yours made us think that generally when a comment is way under the average it either comes from somebody who unfortunately has chosen the wrong type of accomodation for their needs or from somebody who sees the glass half empty most times. It also made us think how sad it is that people feel so free to complain behind their computer screen but would not dare to come to the front desk make constructive comments. Obviously we are always happy to listen to guest's suggestions; it is the best way to improve our product (more sunchairs are on the way, thanks to somebody's constructive comment). In the other hand we must rectify and explain some of ot the things you mentioned : AC controls can not be left in shared dorms (would instantly disapear), if you wish to adjust temperature it is easy to ask the front desk, drinks are not free (part of hostel's revenues are from bar sales) but coffee is $2500 (price list is painted on the wall in big letters), water refills are calculated to make you save on bottle prices and save plastic. As for the pedal bin in the kitchen, we will think about buying one and we are sorry it contributed to worsen your holidays.

Best hostel I stayed in. kitchen, bathrooms and rooms are cleaned daily. rooms have good AC, or Fans. There is a nice, clean and refreshining pool, big tables, well equipt kitchen and a pool table. 2 supermercados and ATM are 2 minutes walking distance. staff speaks english, german, french and ofcourse spanish. alcohol has to be buyed in the hostel, but its no party hostel anyways. Calle 11 is not in Santa Marta !!, but 10 minutes by bus (1400COP) I would definitley recommend it

Freaking awesome!

Always welcome here, safe travels!

Great hostel! Stay here:)!!

Thank you, always welcome here !

A beautiful setting up on a hill overlooking Rodadero. The building itself is a stunning white villa. Great amenities with a pool, hammocks, a pool table, etc. Oliver, the young German owner is very friendly and helpful. Great place to stay I would absolutely go back!

As young owners, and travellers ourselves we really care about you enjoying your stay here... Always welcome !

The hostel as just ok, close to local amenities, the beach, for me big issue was wifi, only works at common area, the showers were cold, its ok at some point, cos its very hot there, but i would rather have a choice. Loved the beds with private curtains. Anouk was amazing, would go an extra mile to make you feel comfortable. Facilities cleaned every day, and have to say far too much, there are staff cleaning every single corner of the place, every single day.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Lithuania

Thank you for your stay. It is always a pleasure for me and Oliver to go the extra mile for our guests: travellers ourselves we know what is helpful. The wifi doesnt go to the dormitories by choice, but the signal is now stable and strong in the common areas. As for the showers... with 40C year long, installing hot water will come after many other fun impropvements. Safe travels and come back anytime !

The hostel was clean and the staff was friendly. The atmosphere was light, laid back and friendly. I wish the steel frames were sturdier and the beds were harder. I appreciated the 8 bed dorm without air conditioning. The staff is very professional and friendly. I look forward to Oliver and Co.'s next hospitality venture!

• 10th Jan 2016

It was a pleasure to have you around. The 8 bed dorms has AC, the 6 bed dorms has fans. Safe travels, Anouk & Oliver

I stayed here for a few days and would highly recommend it. Rodadero is a lively beach town a short bus ride from Santa Marta. The hostel is a good base for a beach-oriented trip, or you can easily get into Santa Marta to go to Minca or Tayrona. The facilities are great, the staff are friendly and helpful, and the location is extremely convenient. Highly recommended.

Thank you so much. We always hope guests will be satisfied and keep a good memory of our place. Safe travels from Anouk & Oliver

I already have been to many hostels in my life but that's definetely the best one I have ever been to!!!

• 3rd Jan 2016

The pleasure is ours! Anouk & Oliver

The German and French owners do a pretty good job here. Excellent service, the facilities are well maintained and very clean. If you are looking for a place to party hard choose another place. It's definitely a place to relax a couple of days ...

Thank you for your visit, we are happy that you enjoyed our chilled vibe! We agree, for a "hard-core party" we can point out a few place for you, and we will be there after to nurse you back to health by the pool side, with a massage and a glass of wine... Safe travels from Anouk & Oliver

Really great place to stay, beautiful set up and nice chilled atmosphere. Initially I was concerned about location being slightly out of the centre of Santa Marta but you have everything you need at the hostel or within a short walk, it is a nice neighborhood, and it is super easy to bus cheaply or taxi to Santa Marta central if needed. Helpful staff and clean functional kitchen. My only complaint would be slightly flimsy bunks!

Thank you for your stay ! We think Rodadero's neighborhood is a brilliand place to stay, safer and nicer then the center (where you can easily go for a night out). Safe travels Anouk & Oliver

Calle11 was a great place to stay. Anouk was super helpful in arranging transportations. She even let us change our reservations in the last minute when we decided to spend a night in Tayrona. Location is great -- close to the beach, markets, restaurants.

Wonderful hostel. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. I loved my stay! I highly recommend!!

One of the best hostel I stayed at in SA. It got a swimming pool. I stayed in the mixed dorm on the third floor, it was nice and windy in Dec. I love the curtains for each bed, make me feel like a private room. Wifi only works on the first floor. The staff are super helpful and really helpful. Highly recommended. Just FYI - this hostel is about 10-15 cab ride outside Santa Marta.

Good area. Walking distance to supermarkets, resturants, bars, and the beach. Hostel staff is friendly and helpful. Very clean quiet place to stay. Has a pool and pool table. Wifi only in the lobby and no breakfast. Has a kitchen to use ad is decently equipped. Very cool building and the beds are comfortable. Have curtains for more privacy, personal lamps and wall power point. Would recamend this spot.

« first « Prev 1 2 3