Calle 11 Hostel Santa Marta Reviews

Calle 11 #4-120, Rodadero, Santa Marta, Santa Marta, Colombia

Really cool place to chill for a few days, loved it! Gracias :)

awesome staff and incredible place. Not in main Santa Marta but still close to good beaches and restaurants

Fantastic hostel, great relaxed atmosphere with lovely pool and nice staff. Also it was spotlessly clean. One of the best and cheapest i've stayed at

It was a wonderful place to be. I stayed here for about a week, at the end of my trip and it was just great. Nice atomsphere, pool, very friendly owners! Definitely one of the best hostals i've stayed in South America.

The place to be!

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was great, though traveling with a friend two twins would have been preferable. Short walk to the beach and all the tourist shops. Stayed one night before heading to Parque Tayrona.

My husband and I very much enjoyed our stay at Calle 11 Hostel. We enjoyed it so much, we decided to stay 2 extra nights! We accidentally booked 2 single rooms, rather than 1 double room for 2 people. Anouk and Oliver were fantastic hosts and were happy to accommodate us into a room we preferred. The rooms were all very clean. The bedding was changed daily and the whole room was cleaned! The hostel is in a great location, only a 10 minute (or less) walk from the beach. Would definitely recommend

• 2nd May 2015

I stayed here on three separate occasions whilst travelling around the area. Great hostel at a great price. First night I stayed in the 10 bed dorm, which I don't recommend but the 8 bed dorm is fantastic and the bathroom was huge. Very clean dorms and bathroom. Only downside is the aircon is only between 8pm-8am. Love the privacy curtains around each bed and each bed has a power outlet. kitchen is nice and clean bit could do with more stock, I had to eat granola with a fork...

It's cheap but you get what you pay for! Beds only ok, dirty bathrooms, never any toilet paper, no towels, badly equipped dirty kitchen and staff are not very friendly. No atmosphere at this hostel, in fact it is almost an uncomfortable atmosphere! Nice pool!

Hello We are sorry that you weren´t happy here. We clean our bathrooms twice a day and kitchen 3 times. You only needed to say they were dirty for us to clean again. You were rather rude to us from arrival and this may explain the negativity towards you. We are in the proses of updating our kitchen utensils for a better experience. Safe travels

The AC starts at 8 pm and stops at 8am so it is a bit annoying in the morning when you want to oversleep ! The room with the personal fan is the best !

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Belgium

The hostel was great. It's a short walk from the main strip in Rodadero, it's affordable, the pool is awesome, and the staff is nice. The rooms have AC, showers, etc. The bar is ok--not many people used it. The wifi doesn't work that well--if there are a few people connected it slows down and sometimes doesn't work. That's not a big deal, but if you need to book other travel while there it could be an issue. All in all though great place! I'll definitely go back.

Really nice hostel and great value for money! Not a party hostel so great if you want a quiet couple of nights. still east ro meet other travellers. Beds with curtains, power sockets and reading lights are great. In a mansion with a pool and nice furniture. Great kitchen too. Don't go for the area, rodadero is nothing special but worth it for a nice hostel to relax for a day or two.

The private bedroom I took was not as I expected. In the pictures it looked much better. The water tap in the barthroom was not working, the bed was not very comfortable, in general this bedroom needs a better manteinance.

Thanks for staying with us. The photos of the room in question are old and the room has since been renovated + on check-in you discovered that you booked a different room to what you thought so naturally the photos would not look the same. This is the first I have heard of the tap not working and my question is, why didn't you say something to the reception within the 3 nights you stayed with us? It's an easy fix and could have done in 10 minutes. We are sorry that you were not satisfied.

Marble bathrooms ! Nice beds, pool and bar. Not in santa marta but the next town across, but easy to get a bus into santa marta. The town has a nive beach and lots of shops / resturaunts to keep you fed.

Nice pool. Easy to come and go. Super clean. Decent kitchen. This was a drug kings mansion so it's spacious and nice with many bathrooms and a nice view. There's a grocery store close by and the beach, and mall, and restaurants, and dancing are all a few blocks away. This is in rododero, not Centro, so there's less to do and the beach isn't outstanding but it's a great place to relax for a couple of days! The wifi only works downstairs but there's plenty of comfy seating down there.

The rooms were great, love that every bed has curtains around it with its own little lamp, shelf and plug socket! Really clean too! Staff were really nice and very helpful!

Spacious, beautifull, well equipped hostel with friendly staff 24h around the clock. The 10 bed dorm on top has a nice view. Little bar available beside the pool. Nice value for money for breakfast. Outside teh city center, bus a bus connection is very close by. I went for a trek to the Lost City in the Sierra Nevada for 5 days and could store my backpack there for free. I would definatly recommend this place!

It is definitely a beautiful hostel! All painted in white, located in a hill, with an awesome view of the neighborhood, and of the ocean. The swimming pool is great as well! The rooms are clean, beautiful and the facilities great! The bar is tiny and cosy! The tv room is excellent! It's in a very nice neighborhood. With it's relaxing atmosphere, it's a great hostel to chill out for somedays! I recommend! And I would even go back and stay for some more days in the 10 beds dorm! Well done guys!

Need mirrors in the room. Otherwise great hostel and location

• 12th Feb 2015

The attention to detail in this hostel is wonderful - each dorm bed has its own plug socket, reading light and individual curtains, and the bathrooms are of the sort you'd expect to find in a fancy hotel. Pool and communal areas are great for hanging out and its 4 mins from the beach. Pretty much perfect.