Calluna Reviews

Heathercroft, Fort William, Scotland

A great value place to stay in Fort William - the facilities were in good order and clean too.

Thank you Igor. Hope you climbed Ben Nevis okay. Best regards, Alan & Sue

Great place! Very clean! Nice owners! Very helpful! The one thing is that you probably need a car in the highlands, I rented one and it allowed me to make the most of my time. See Islay, Skye, and some good hikes. The spaces are too wide open up there to see much my public transport (not that I tried, but that's my assumption)

Thanks Gabriel, Anyone arriving by public transport can rent a vehicle locally at Easydrive. It's certainly true that if you have limited time, a car does help. Best regards, Alan & Sue

Sue and Alan were very friendly and helpful. Sue picked us up from the train station which was great. Alan's a very experienced mountaineering guide and that was great for us in terms of information and expert advice. The room was comfortable and the general cleanliness of the house was good. We were lucky as almost had the place to ourselves. The only thing is the location - I mean don't get me wrong it's surroundings are beautiful but it is a good hour's walk from the Ben Nevis Visitor Centre

Calluna was wonderful - incredible views of the mountains across the Loch, Sue picked us up from the train station so we didn't have to carry our packs up the hill, and the facilities are excellent.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope the rest of your travels are all good. Best regards, Alan & Sue

View all Fort William Hostels