Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort Reviews

5 Digger St., Cairns, Australia

Awesome place to stay. Friendly people all over! Lots of backpackers and a great place to meet people from all over the world.

• 21st Aug 2015

Excellent free bus service to town centre and free airport shuttle service

• 18th Aug 2015

Great hostel. I'd say it's somewhere in between a party hostel and a chilled out hostel. A good friendly vibe all-in-all and a good place to meet people. Most people going out will leave on the bus to the city at 11pm so the others can get some sleep after this. Nice pool and pretty good facilities.

Loved my stay here. everyone was helpful and it was one of the cleanest hostels ive been too !! its really laid back and chill not a crazy party hostel but still few drinks happening perfect balance for me deff be staying here again when i go back to cairns :)

• 9th Aug 2015

The Hostel is like family, good people, great service. All you need you get at Calypso. The rooms are simple but fine and clean. You get entertainment almost every night if you like. Shame the free wifi doesnt work in the rooms. The bathrooms on the top level are quite small but modern and clean. Very good service for tour bookings.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Had an absolute blast at Calypso. It was a great introduction to Australia. Staff were helpful and friendly. Very fun atmosphere all around. Eddie Zapata USA

Upsides: free airport return, two kitchens, cheap bar, nice staff, clean, in house tour booking (I didn't use so I'm not sure how good it was!) and hourly buses to the marina Downsides: far-ish from town, several out of order facilities

Absolutely fantastic laid back atmosphere. Would absolutely stay here every time I went to Cairns.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

Absolutely amazing hostel! The bar/outdoor area is so social and there is an awesome atmosphere with cool music and hammocks around the pool. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. There is a free shuttle bus to and from town every hour. Can't fault this hostel, we are absolutely gutted to be leaving and will be back again!

One of the best hostels I ever stayed in. Easy going atmosphere, chilled out, good people!

• 17th Jul 2015

I really love this hostel! We were supposed to stay one night and ended up staying over a week. It's clean and most of all it's chill. People like to party, but not wildly. It's quite after 11, but it's easy to make friends in it's open layout. It's about a 10 minute walk to CBD, not bad, but there's a shuttle almost every hour. I never waited for a toilet/shower and security rated lower is because my roommates bag was stolen out of our room in the night. people suck. not the hostel.

• 16th Jul 2015

Great place! Just a bit outside the centre. Luckely they offer shuttles!

Calypso Inn backpacker were very good conditions. And Staffs are so kind and if i need some wondering, they can help me. By the way i love airport shuttle service around trip!! You can save some money!! And walking take 20min from hostel to ferry terminal.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

I loved this hostel! It was wonderful! Had such a great atmosphere and the staff were so helpful and kind! I really enjoyed that each night had a different theme! Like Sunday I got to try a real Australian bbq!! Crocodile and kangaroo! It was just a great experience! If i'm ever back in Cairns, ill be back to Calypso.

Very social hostel. Friendly staff, good facilities and a really well laid out communal area that makes it easy to meet other travellers. They had a reptile show the first night and a pool competition the following night. Beds are comfy and showers are hot. Overall a great place to stay.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Calypso. I enjoyed the fact there was 2 kitchens, the one upstairs offers more privacy, their offer for free wifi in the communal area was good too and I like the social area with settees too. Some of the staff were really helpful however some were not - I hired an underwater camera but when I came to collect it on the morning not one of the 3 people on reception knew how to use it, I was told to just "have a play" and it ended up not taking any photos during my dive

• 1st Jun 2015

We stayed two nights longer than planned, hostel is awesome! Was recommended from a friend and was definitely worth it! Too bad that it is a bit out of city but it's actually a good point as well. Only thing is that the fridge upstairs was so loud! Thought it's getting louder every day haha. Might get that fixed guys. But anything else was top. Thanks!!!

kitchen was to small for everyone. rooms are okey..toilet where really dirty!! atmosphere at night was nice! always something going on! good happy hour!

Best hostel on the East Coast! Great atmosphere with events on everyday! Staff are friendly and very helpful! Rooms are clean and spacious with good AC! We really enjoyed our stay here, can't rate this hostel enough! We love Calypso!

I really liked staying in this hostel, the staff was really nice, they even helped us book a diving trip in advance. The rooms were quite small but the beds were comfortable and the sheets were clean. The 2 kitchens were a little bit messy but they were ok to cook. The lounge area with the bar and the pool were really cool, I'd only advise checking some of the couches which didn't smell very good. The location was ok, you had a bus stop one block away and you also had free shuttle buses to town.

• 15th Apr 2015