8.1
Fabulous 648 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 648 Total Reviews
Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort Located at 5 Digger St., , Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland QLD 5 Digger St.
81% 648
-16.9125885 145.7659256
    Rooms available

• Canada, Female, 25-30
22nd Aug 2016

I enjoyed my stay at Calypso. I was in a 4 person dorm upstairs. I liked that there was an extra shower on the upper level and that you can control the AC in your room. free and fast lifts to and from the airport, as well as a van into town every hour. The walk to town is an easy one too. Booked some great tours through the front desk. I would definately stay here again.

16th Aug 2016
8.0

Stayed there 2 different nights. First time got a Double room and it was very good and bathrooms were very clean (i guess it was in a separate area), also it wasn't noisy. Second time we stayed there we got a twin room.. but it was right beside a smoking area, so people smoking outside frquently and speaking loudly. Plus the bar downstairs was very loud and we could hear everything. also in this second room upstairs the bar, there was no hot water(pm or am). But overarall a clean place

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
11th Aug 2016
4.0

private room smelled and looked terrible. needs a lot of love.

22nd Jul 2016

Calypso has solid vibes. Everyone is nice and mingling, most nights with drinks running around the table. There is even a smoking section for those of us who enjoy nicotine. The dorms are your standard hostel dorms, but clean and safe to store things in. The staff were always around and making effort to book me in to whatever I wanted, and even if the location isn't the best of the best, they have both an airport bus and a town bus running all the time. Would definitely recommend!

• USA, Male, 25-30
18th Jul 2016

Super chill place. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable, they have some activities for every night of the week. I got a private 1 bedroom, so I can't say anything about the dorms but my room was nice. I'll definitely stay again

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
6.0

Would be great value for money but the music was prohibitive to sleep before 11:30pm. I guess if 'youth' is drinking and listening to very loud music at night and not getting a decent sleep before a 7:30am dive the next day, then I am over the hill. This was the only downer for me on what is a very cool setup.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
8.0

We really enjoyed our stay, but did have one minor complaint regarding noise....We stayed 3 nights and each night until about 5am or later life, there were people shouting, or music playing loud. No problem up until 2am even ....that's okay. ..but after that it became a bit too much for us. Other than that, we had a great stay!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Jul 2016

Nice place, pretty clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. I'd go back there again.

14th Jul 2016
8.0

My stay here was marred by sleepless nights due to the bar downstairs and loud roommates. The hostel is nice, but too much of a party vibe for me. The hot water to the showers was out for 2/3 nights at Calypso. The kitchen was nice enough, though could be cleaner. The refrigerators in the kitchen were all full, making it hard to find a place to put my food. The smoking area is very close to the other common spaces, allowing smoke to be smelled everywhere. The staff was very friendly.

9th Jul 2016

Really great atmosphere! It gets a bit loud at the bar at night, but nothing unbearable at least on week nights. Bar environment is very relaxed and welcoming. The staff were really friendly and accommodating! Communal bathrooms were clean, but warm water ran out and hairdryer was not always available. The dorms are a really good size--small enough (6) that it gives solo travelers a nice chance to meet friends! This would be a great place to start your travels in Cairns :)