Fabulous 637 Total Reviews
Fabulous 637 Total Reviews
Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort Located at 5 Digger St., , Cairns.
Australia
Cairns Queensland QLD 5 Digger St.
83% 637
-16.9125885 145.7659256
    Rooms available

22nd Jul 2016

Calypso has solid vibes. Everyone is nice and mingling, most nights with drinks running around the table. There is even a smoking section for those of us who enjoy nicotine. The dorms are your standard hostel dorms, but clean and safe to store things in. The staff were always around and making effort to book me in to whatever I wanted, and even if the location isn't the best of the best, they have both an airport bus and a town bus running all the time. Would definitely recommend!

• USA, Male, 25-30
18th Jul 2016

Super chill place. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable, they have some activities for every night of the week. I got a private 1 bedroom, so I can't say anything about the dorms but my room was nice. I'll definitely stay again

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
6.0

Would be great value for money but the music was prohibitive to sleep before 11:30pm. I guess if 'youth' is drinking and listening to very loud music at night and not getting a decent sleep before a 7:30am dive the next day, then I am over the hill. This was the only downer for me on what is a very cool setup.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
8.0

We really enjoyed our stay, but did have one minor complaint regarding noise....We stayed 3 nights and each night until about 5am or later life, there were people shouting, or music playing loud. No problem up until 2am even ....that's okay. ..but after that it became a bit too much for us. Other than that, we had a great stay!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
15th Jul 2016

Nice place, pretty clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. I'd go back there again.

14th Jul 2016
8.0

My stay here was marred by sleepless nights due to the bar downstairs and loud roommates. The hostel is nice, but too much of a party vibe for me. The hot water to the showers was out for 2/3 nights at Calypso. The kitchen was nice enough, though could be cleaner. The refrigerators in the kitchen were all full, making it hard to find a place to put my food. The smoking area is very close to the other common spaces, allowing smoke to be smelled everywhere. The staff was very friendly.

9th Jul 2016

Really great atmosphere! It gets a bit loud at the bar at night, but nothing unbearable at least on week nights. Bar environment is very relaxed and welcoming. The staff were really friendly and accommodating! Communal bathrooms were clean, but warm water ran out and hairdryer was not always available. The dorms are a really good size--small enough (6) that it gives solo travelers a nice chance to meet friends! This would be a great place to start your travels in Cairns :)

• England, Female, 18-24
8th Jul 2016

Calipso, is the best backpackers I've stayed at and I've been travelling Australia for 5months. Plenty of things to do and such a amazing atmosphere. They have loads of daytime activities to offer and every evening they have something different on. The pool is great just when you get there don't ring the bell, trust me. It's not the cleanest but I haven't actually been to a clean hostel so that's not saying much. Will definitely be coming back to stay!

• Poland, Couple, 25-30
7th Jul 2016

Cant say a bad word about this place - kind and helpful staff, great location (plus free shuttles to the city) and awesome bar deals. Would definitely stay again !

• Australia, Female, 18-24
2nd Jul 2016

A cute little hostel with really welcoming and friendly staff. I really liked the laid-back vibe of this place. There was a cool outdoor couch area where you could just chill out near the bar and it was nice being at a hostel that wasn't too massive. Only downsides were the bunch bed didn't have a barrier for the top bunch and the bathrooms were a bit pokey. Otherwise would recommend this place :)