Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort

Fabulous 791 Total Reviews
Fabulous 791 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Aug 2017

Although occasionally finding a cup or plate is difficult, I have loved this hostel!! It has a great relaxed atmosphere, very welcoming. Its own bar and pool are bonus points I didn't know about, and with something going on every night always something to do; but as its not a party hostel you can still easily get sleep. I've been in lots of hostels, this is one of the few I've wanted to extend, because of the hostel and not where it was. Definitely recommend

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
19th Jul 2017

Really enjoyed my stay here as I met loads of amazing people! The staff are amazing and they offer great services such as an airport/town/reef shuttle bus. The only negatives are that the rooms are a bit small and it's quite a noisy hostel. However, I would definitely stay here again if I was ever back in Cairns!

15th Jul 2017
8.0

Decent hostel just outside of central Cairns... Offers a hourly shuttle to the center City in case you don't feel like walking the 20 minutes. Bathrooms could be cleaner...kitchen got kinda busy too but otherwise decent stay. Enjoyed a private room which made for a decent night sleep. Most of the staff was pretty helpful and friendly. There was one couple who worked there who should probably not... mainly rhe blonde girl who worked the bar (didn't catch her name) wasn't very welcoming.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
14th Jul 2017
7.7

I Recently had a two night stay in a Private room. Probably the best part of my stay was how happy, helpful and informative the GSA was. She even showed me to my room. Did not expect that in a hostel. The room was not the cleanest Ive ever seen, but in no way unhygienic; just showing some age. Was really happy to find the room had a very big bench seat for my bag and may hooks above it with even a couple hangers. All in all, would be happy to stay there again.

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
9th Jul 2017
6.6

Staff were really friendly! Has large common areas so plenty of place to chill out or whatever No bathrooms in dorms but lots of showers and toilets outside. The room we were in only had one plug socket for the whole room (6 bed) this was disappointing. Also a bit far from the city to walk if you want to be central but there is a shuttle bus

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
8th Jul 2017

We were picked up by Yori, a friendly bus driver who worked at the hostel. we were shown our room by more friendly staff, and had some drinks at the hostel bar. Drinks were cheap and service was super friendly. Overall a good stay with value for money - definitely recommend!

• lauren-harris93203
  • England, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

Really enjoyed my stay at Calypso, so much so that I ended up staying for a week and a half. It's a very chilled hostel and therefore was very easy to make friends. The staff are great and it felt like home. The open mic night (every Tuesday) was especially very good and that's where I met a lot of my friends. It is a 20 minute walk to the Lagoon but you can walk the entire way along the Esplanade which is a gorgeous walk especially when the sun is setting. Have already recommended to friends :)

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
4th Jul 2017
7.1

It's the staff that make this they are so so helpful and make you feel so welcome

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
3rd Jul 2017

Fantastic Hostel, great friendly staff. Will definitely be staying here again.

2nd Jul 2017

Wonderful and very knowledgeable staff, great social atmosphere. Not a full on party hostel which I liked. It was still social and people were friendly, but I was able to sleep when I wanted to as well. The free shuttle to and from the airport is an awesome plus, but the location is a little further out of town. They do have a shuttle that drops off and picks up from the night markets which is super convenient and makes up for it's distance from town!