Calypso Inn Backpackers Resort Reviews

5 Digger St., Cairns, Australia

Really awesome vibe and chill place , outside of Center but there is a free shuttle bus which is great. Bar closes early at 11 but options around. Ac and rooms are clean , bathrooms a little old but not bad , kitchen is standard. Enjoyed my stay here and would recommend for anyone not looking to have a party blasting next to them all night like the Center hostels

Really lovely stuff allowed me to leave all my stuff here while I headed off for a few days, then let me return and use all the facilities even though I'd technically checked out days ago! Really comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Bit far from town but the free bus is regular and the 20minute walk is actually quite nice. Come here if you want to chill and have good internet access for a change! Thanks for being so helpful, Calypso!

Absolute coolest hostel I have been to. Airport rides, evening events, friendly staff, decent prices, it was awesome.

Super helpful and friendly staff, Extended my stay for 2 nights!

I had a grate time in calypso! The atmosphere is awesome and the staff too!! Every night there is something to do and the facilities are grate! Air con in the rooms is awesome!

Really cool and relaxed hostel, my stay there was really good! The only bad thing I can say about it is the location. A bit far from the city, but very good that they have buses to town every hour until 11 pm! The staff was really good also, always friendly and very helpful!!

Our air conditioner ended up malfunctioning while we were out and we came back to a flooded room. Water had gotten into our food and backpacks, soaking our clothes and some of the souvenirs. When we complained to the front desk they apologized and put us in a new room, but they still made us pay for the night which we thought should have been taken care of for us.

I really enjoyed calypso! Vety cool n chilled atmosphere. Entertainment every night. Free bus to cairns center. Staff very helpful n friendly! Great hostel overall!

• 14th Jan 2016

Great, friendly staff

Amazing hostel with amazing staff, will definatelt be staying there again on my next visit to cairns!!

• 13th Jan 2016

I loved staying at Calypso. The atmosphere is great; a perfect combo of party/chill common area. There's always people hanging out and something going on every night. It's the perfect place to prefunk before going out, but if you sleep early it's quiet in the rooms. The staff are really friendly and very helpful with setting up tours and anything you might need around the hostel. There's plenty of clean toilets and showers and 2 big well equipped kitchens. I would definitely stay here again.

• 5th Jan 2016

Staff were very friendly and very helpful. Location is good though a 20min walk into town is still needed. Though with a convenient shuttle into town and back every hour more than makes up for the location. Would deffo recommend and stay again

Very friendly staff. Dorm room was clean and spacious for the female rooms. Great activities throughout the night. LOVED the free shuttle bus to and from town as well as to the airport. Alcohol prices were great as well. I would stay here again.

• 3rd Jan 2016

I stayed at Calypso in Backpackers Resort for 6 nights and it was fantastic. As I was solo travelling I found the hostel staff extremely friendly and really help you get the most out of your time in Cairns from recommending trips to directing you to local places of interest. The hostel rooms are basic with lockers situated underneath the bottom bunks. One thing the room has is a brilliant air con and fan system. During my time in Cairns we had temperatures of 38 degrees and the air con was great

• 2nd Jan 2016

We have had an amazing time, and thank you Rachel for all those awesome tips and helping us book an amazing trip to Cape Tribulations.

This hostel was ok for the money. The only two complaints I had was that the bed in the private room I booked had fleas in it and there was only one power outlet by the door (with power strip). The sheets and pillow case were clean but I was constantly being bitten by fleas and finding the odd one crawling on me. Might be a good Idea to have the rooms fumigated occasionally.

• 19th Dec 2015

Great hostel, have already booked to stay again the next time I'm in Cairns in a couple of weeks. Good facilities, nice atmosphere, great staff.

Amazing, had such a great atmosphere and wonderful staff, felt very secure. Pool right outside the rooms with free wifi was amazing, and either free shuttle into town or else beautiful walk down the waterfront which really doesn't take long at all.

• 15th Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

This was such a cool hostel! Most people stay at Gilligans, but if you're more the type of person who doesn't want to party all night and also have some nights sitting around a table and having some drinks and meeting the most amazing people, I definitely advise you to stay at calypso. I loved that they had theme nights and the staff was great. I would love to stay here again in the future!!

Such a nice little hostel if you're looking for a chilled stay. 24hour kitchen which is amazing if you work/get in late. No big egos or attitudes. Just relaxed atmosphere, unbiased advise on yours/trips. And amazingly friendly staff! Rooms need more plug sockets and aircon! But apart from that 10\10. Will stay here again in a heartbeat. Not far from the centre (15min!) which is nice, or u can use their free shuttle service to and from town. Love this place :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3