Cambie Hostel - Gastown Reviews

300 Cambie St., Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Kitchen was filthy and had cockroaches. The dorm room was in poor condition and there only were two lights for the room, one of which had a switch in an awkward, hard to find spot. Bed was clean and comfortable though. Bar was unappealing place to hang out, and common room next to kitchen wasn't appealing either. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, though.

Thanks for all that feedback Cassandra, especially staff ;) We are completely renovating the kitchen soon! Will be done by end of spring :) The bar is a crazy popular hangout, oldest in Vancouver and wins awards every year for best place to meet ppl and cheapest beer...we're sorry it didn't meet your expectations, it isn't for everyone :)

Very friendly staff, awesome location, good price. Bummer that you cant bring visitors over though.

• 16th Mar 2015

I had trouble getting my swipe key to let me onto my floor and I had to go down to front desk three times to get it fixed at 2am in the morning. Which was a hassle, but other than that everything was fantastic.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

The men's in reception are totally guest focus. The girls (one of them) apparently needs love.

• 12th Mar 2015
  • Chile

We had a great stay in te private room, always enjoy the bar downstairs! Great people, great place.

• 25th Feb 2015

No towels, noisy as hell.

We most definitely have towels...please ask front desk :)

This hostel is very well located. It is an old building with a cool bar and restaurant. It seems to be the place downtown. It is always full of young guys and girls. It is not expensive and we are near the metro station. We can walk to visit the beautiful parks and market.The breakfast is at the bakery beside the hostel ( a really good muffin with a coffee) The music is very good. I will be back here it is for sure. I am here since February 17th and we are Mars 5 :)

• 18th Feb 2015
  • johannedoyon

Staff made me feel welcome from the moment I arrived, and always had time to discuss happenings around the city. Ryan especially stands out amongst a strong group. Will definitely be back. Thanks guys.

Met four different staff members at the hostel reception during my stay and they were all so friendly, welcoming and helpful! Maybe they could teach a few things about being friendly to your bar staff.....?!

The staff were friendly - they took the time to learn our names - very helpful and the location was very good in relation to getting around Vancouver. The bar downstairs was very loud so don't expect much sleep on a Friday or Saturday night. In terms of facilities only one shower was working in the ladies and the kitchen was very, very small and in comparison to other backpackers which I have stayed at, was not up to scratch. Only one person would be able to cook at a time which isn't practical.

• 6th Feb 2015