Cambie Hostel - Seymour Reviews

515 Seymour St. V6B 3H6, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

We booked a double room. This wasnt available as booked (and deposited). Twin room was offered instead. As we had nowhere else, we felt we had to accept this after paying cash for 2 nights. Went up (after trying 3 different keys), trying to negotiate bags of rubbish on stairs, and the room was dirty n looked like a cell, which made us very upset. Max 2mins in room we decided to cancel and stay elsewhere. Asked for money back, refused and offered 1 night back. Owner also refused. Terrible.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Bed bugs!!! Only slept in the room for a few hours as arrived late and checked out early but we got absolutely eaten alive by bed bugs. Must be quite infested as that many must take a long time to build up. Everything else was average.

• 20th Sep 2014

The Toilettes and the Showers weren't clean. The free breackfast was bad. The night was noisy from the bar downstairs. The room was clean and nice.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

The rooms are relatively unpleasant and most of all, the upper bunk beds are way too high.

We felt safe. Appreciated the location and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff behind the registration desk

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the pretty girl behind the counter told us where all the good spots in town were and even held our bags overnight while we traveled out for a day.

• 2nd Sep 2014

This was a cheap place to stay in downtown Vancouver. It has a good location but during the summer they leave all the windows and doors (of which there are many!) open and so it's very very noisy until 2am. I was on a holiday so it didn't matter too much but don't stay here if you want a good nights sleep or take something for your ears! My bed was fine, the sheets were clean but the room was minuscule! I had free muffins and coffee or tea in the morning which was fine. Bathrooms were clean.

• 31st Aug 2014

Love the complimentary bakery muffins and option to upgrade to cafe breakfast for $5! Staff was very helpful to me in recommending things to see and how to get there.

It was a pleasant stay, but man, I'm too old for that. I'll leave it for the U30 crowd. Still, good on ya, Cambie.

Bed bugs, need I say more? However, the staff was really friendly and the location is really excellent. But I still got the feeling that rooms aren't cleaned as well as they could be since the first night I was there I experiences this invasion from those little nasty buggers. They must have been there earlier since that many cannot pop up from nowhere..

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Great place! Awesome location and the staff recommended great restaurants and bars to go to! Will definitely be back!

• 26th Aug 2014

Small medium lockers for valuables in room Cover muffins...exposed to 'everything' all morning ....better if they were served by staff ...one person picked through 3 diff muffins before choosing one....(staff below In bag storage area) overall a very satisfying hostel with friendly helpful staff Blessings

• 24th Aug 2014

The shower had benn broken for a whirl but still not fix it. The room is hot but no fan provided which can't stand. Also the bar's noise at ground floor is extremely loud which will not ended until 2:00am in the morning, it disturbs our sleep.

Pretty much what you would expect for the price. Really friendly staff. The security might be questionable as the door was left unattended quite a few times. One of the showers was "out of order" the whole time and that was inconvenient but all in all it was a great location and fun staff.

• 21st Aug 2014

good location and friendly staff

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Everything was great, second floor so the noise didn't annoy me. The muffins were tasty and it last until lunch so I could save some money. The only thing I hated was the smell of the room, the same smell of my brother room on late sunday after a saturday party... so I could get through it but every time I returned to the room BOOM the smell!.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Costa Rica

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

They have a very bad bed bug infestation that they know about but are not properly addressing because that would entail closing and dealing with the issue. In addition it was the dirtiest and least convenient room I've ever stayed in, hostel wise. The window seals are terribly dirty, the windows were rickety and with no screen. Plus did I mention bed bugs ??? They give you 2 dollars and tell you to put your stuff in the dryer to kill them. Thus THEY KNEW.

• 12th Aug 2014

Recommended just for good price and location. If you are looking for a beutiful and comfortable place to stay this is not for you. Good for over-one-night stay on your trip but not for longer. Free tea or coffee and a muffin for breakfest :-)

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

A little noisy, but all-in-all, a great value and very secure. Cleaner than most hostels.

• 9th Aug 2014