Cambie Hostel - Seymour Reviews

515 Seymour St. V6B 3H6, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

The staff were not very welcoming or helpful at all. The women's toilets were always blocked and I we frequently had to use the male toilets. Also the showers were blocked a few times. The rooms were tiny and very hot with no fan and the window couldn't be wedged open. The beds were super hard and not comfortable. The kitchen was tiny with minimal utensils and always dirty.

The staff was very nice and other people staying there were too. Even though we frequent the bar scene often, the bar downstairs, Malones, was obnoxiously loud. We were unfortunately woken up as early as 730 am by construction across the street. Things I wish we were warned about.

• 17th Jun 2015

The girl at the front desk was really friendly, and the location is quite central. Also a good kitchen, common area and looks like this hostel holds activities regularly. However, this private rooms are WAY over priced. One dirty old bunk bed and a faded, worn out desk inside a small room with no air conditioning, no fan, no towels, no sink...literally totally empty....for $70. Quite shocking.

When we booked 2 suite rooms it said we would have a bathroom, but when we saw our rooms, it was not the case. They were absolutely TINY suite rooms with no lockers and no room to put any baggage. Also, the hostel was pretty darn close to empty yet they gave us a room on the street side that was incredibly loud with early morning construction across the street. Also was very hot and no fans or AC. Breakfast muffins were great, but the lack of sleep due to noise and heat made it miserable.

We're sorry you didn't enjoy your time here. We don't have any rooms with a toilet inside them. It looks like you think you booked the room with a toilet when in fact we don't have a room with a toilet. All the facilities are shared. We're sorry that there is construction but this is completely out of our control. The hostel is packed full every night and switching rooms isn't an option when that is the case. IF we had the space we would of happily moved you elsewear.

Great location, excellent service. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were very clean.

• 15th Jun 2015

A little expensive for what you get. And a little too dirty/not maintained for my liking. Sorry.

• 15th Jun 2015

The girl at the front desk was really nice and helpful. Also the muffins for breakfast were delioucious. However the bathroom was not that clear and the room was really small for 2 people and 2 pieces of luggage

I stayed there just for one night. Music from the bar was a bit too loud. Other than that, I had a nice stay there.

This hostel is noisy! The room doors need door closing mechanisms to be installed. Every time someone enters/leaves a room, the door slams behind them and echoes down the hallway. Neighbouring doors slamming cause your bed to shake and will invariably wake you up at night. The washrooms also have no door closers, which means that some particularly unpleasant smells make their way down the hallway.

• 12th Jun 2015

SO super noisey late into the night from the bar downstairs...could hear all the lyrics to every song and the base tgrought the bed. My mattress in night one was comfy. They asked me to swap rooms after my first night due to a booking error- no big deal but the mattress on this new bed was the worst I've ever slep on in my entire life... The springs actually hurt my skin and my back. To top it off I left with a dozen bed bug bites all over both of my legs and one arm. Would never go there again.

• 29th May 2015

It was very very loud. Live-music directely underneath my window and I arrived there after a 20 hour journey. they should warn that it can be lound. music was until 2 o'cklock at night.

• 21st May 2015

Showers had nice hot water and good pressure. Book a 4 bed mix dorm and lucked out having no one else in the room the 2 days I stayed which was a great bonus. Muffins in the morning a nice touch. Appreciate the luggage storage before checking in and after checking out before I had to leave the city.

• 17th May 2015

+Very good Location directly in Downtown +Friendly staff -just one working toilet -no Chocolate Muffins

• 14th May 2015

The noise from the bar was a problem when trying to sleep, even 2 floors up. The daytime staff were very helpful and friendly.

Great hostel, prime location, next to a fun bar, close to the waterfront, nightlife

• 13th Apr 2015

Good Hostel, but beware that you can hear the club pumping out dance music downstairs on a thursday/friday/saturday night until 2 am.

Amazing stay, the staff went above and beyond to make sure I was accommodated.

• 20th Feb 2015

Staff was really nice and always ready to help! However, I didn't feel 100% secure and someone kept taking things from my food supply in the fridge.

The kitchen was only poorly equipped for serious cooking. Someone kept taking things out of my food bag in the fridge, which annoyed me.