Cambie Hostel - Seymour Reviews

515 Seymour St. V6B 3H6, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Friday night was unbelievably loud from the bar on the ground floor. I could feel the music through my bed and the noise was as if I was in the bar.

• 18th Oct 2014

Impossible to sleep at night

• 3rd Oct 2014

I found that this was a fantastic Hostel. 24 hour come and go works great for a place in downtown Vancouver. We watched Die Hard on VHS in the common area at 4 in the morning and no one bothered us. If you're quiet and respectful, this place will treat you like gold. Oh, and Coffee in the morning is always a plus :D

• 27th Sep 2014

The room was small but I don't mind. Extremely noisy until 2am from Friday-Sunday (as far as I know), but that's ok. Bedbugs are just not tolerable. We requested a compensation and the boss didn't authorise it because we actually spend the nights there... well, imagine the quality of the sleep and the bug bites itching like hell for over a week. I'm sorry for the staff that was very nice and tried to help us, but this hostel is not suitable for accomodation.

I have to leave a bad review for this hostel. The bed I had was infested with bedbugs (and didn't smell great either). I got 30+ bites from the things, and had a horrible night as I could feel some of them, I hardly slept. I left early the next morning, and complained about this, though the hostel was unable/unwilling to refund the night I'd stayed there. Wouldn't recommend this place - they obviously have a problem.

This is our second stay. We love the location 4 blocks from the cruise terminal. Its not fancy but its clean the staff is fun and helpful. My wife and I are 50 plus but have enjoyed our stay both times!!

We booked a double room. This wasnt available as booked (and deposited). Twin room was offered instead. As we had nowhere else, we felt we had to accept this after paying cash for 2 nights. Went up (after trying 3 different keys), trying to negotiate bags of rubbish on stairs, and the room was dirty n looked like a cell, which made us very upset. Max 2mins in room we decided to cancel and stay elsewhere. Asked for money back, refused and offered 1 night back. Owner also refused. Terrible.

• 22nd Sep 2014

Bed bugs!!! Only slept in the room for a few hours as arrived late and checked out early but we got absolutely eaten alive by bed bugs. Must be quite infested as that many must take a long time to build up. Everything else was average.

• 20th Sep 2014

The Toilettes and the Showers weren't clean. The free breackfast was bad. The night was noisy from the bar downstairs. The room was clean and nice.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

The rooms are relatively unpleasant and most of all, the upper bunk beds are way too high.

We felt safe. Appreciated the location and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff behind the registration desk

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly, the pretty girl behind the counter told us where all the good spots in town were and even held our bags overnight while we traveled out for a day.

• 2nd Sep 2014

This was a cheap place to stay in downtown Vancouver. It has a good location but during the summer they leave all the windows and doors (of which there are many!) open and so it's very very noisy until 2am. I was on a holiday so it didn't matter too much but don't stay here if you want a good nights sleep or take something for your ears! My bed was fine, the sheets were clean but the room was minuscule! I had free muffins and coffee or tea in the morning which was fine. Bathrooms were clean.

• 31st Aug 2014

Love the complimentary bakery muffins and option to upgrade to cafe breakfast for $5! Staff was very helpful to me in recommending things to see and how to get there.

It was a pleasant stay, but man, I'm too old for that. I'll leave it for the U30 crowd. Still, good on ya, Cambie.

Bed bugs, need I say more? However, the staff was really friendly and the location is really excellent. But I still got the feeling that rooms aren't cleaned as well as they could be since the first night I was there I experiences this invasion from those little nasty buggers. They must have been there earlier since that many cannot pop up from nowhere..

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Great place! Awesome location and the staff recommended great restaurants and bars to go to! Will definitely be back!

• 26th Aug 2014

Small medium lockers for valuables in room Cover muffins...exposed to 'everything' all morning ....better if they were served by staff ...one person picked through 3 diff muffins before choosing one....(staff below In bag storage area) overall a very satisfying hostel with friendly helpful staff Blessings

• 24th Aug 2014

The shower had benn broken for a whirl but still not fix it. The room is hot but no fan provided which can't stand. Also the bar's noise at ground floor is extremely loud which will not ended until 2:00am in the morning, it disturbs our sleep.

Pretty much what you would expect for the price. Really friendly staff. The security might be questionable as the door was left unattended quite a few times. One of the showers was "out of order" the whole time and that was inconvenient but all in all it was a great location and fun staff.

• 21st Aug 2014