Cambie Hostel - Seymour Reviews

515 Seymour St. V6B 3H6, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

I thought the place was in a great location and the staff were extremely helpful. I would have liked to see a lounge area where it would be easier to socialize with other travelers.

• 17th Jul 2015

It is just that everything is old and dirty... I guess that explain why it is probably the cheapest hostel

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Intensely hot and noisy. Poor layout of rooms and baths. Not enough space to turn around in dorms. Few power outlets

• 9th Jul 2015

I got eaten alive by bedbugs at this hostel. The staff member who checked us out was very nice but acknowledged that this is an ongoing problem that the Cambie has failed to address. He offered us $2 for a dryer and sent us on our way. Bedbugs aside this is also one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in.

Very noisy above the bar but staff very helpful.

• 5th Jul 2015

When people say that you can't sleep here at all before the bar downstairs closes (2am on weekends), it is exactly so. The volume in the bedrooms is absolutely horrific! The rooms are tiny, and when we arrived, they had a mixup with our rooms. There was also water leaking from the pipes into the male showers, the fire door was permanently open, as was the luggage room door (even though there were signs to "always keep them closed"). And some of the staff just don't care. Won't be returning.

Some staff were a little rude to be honest, the rooms were like prison cells and swelteringly hot due to no air conditioning.

• 1st Jul 2015

My friend and I grabbed this hostel because it was close to the World Cup Quarter Final Stadium. The women's restroom was busted so everyone had to use the men's. Also, it was HOT! No air flow, no A/C (not a big deal) but we couldn't open the window down the hall to get some air flowing. So the open window in our room was useless. We opened it anyway and couldn't sleep all night between the DJ (loose title) and the racetrack that is the street it's located on. Hated the stay there.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very good location, unfortunately in comparison to many hostels, I will not want to stay at Cambie again. This is due to the very poor facilities. For the 5 nights I was here, the toilets took turns to break down every single night. There is no lift and the stairs are a little worn out, be careful going down with big luggages! If you come in summer, rooms are really really hot as there isn't air conditioning. No wind either, as windows are blocked by the surrounding buildings.

The staff were not very welcoming or helpful at all. The women's toilets were always blocked and I we frequently had to use the male toilets. Also the showers were blocked a few times. The rooms were tiny and very hot with no fan and the window couldn't be wedged open. The beds were super hard and not comfortable. The kitchen was tiny with minimal utensils and always dirty.

A very well located and friendly hostel. I spent 2 nights there and was definitely worth it. Will recommend it to friends for sure.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • India

The staff was very nice and other people staying there were too. Even though we frequent the bar scene often, the bar downstairs, Malones, was obnoxiously loud. We were unfortunately woken up as early as 730 am by construction across the street. Things I wish we were warned about.

• 17th Jun 2015

The girl at the front desk was really friendly, and the location is quite central. Also a good kitchen, common area and looks like this hostel holds activities regularly. However, this private rooms are WAY over priced. One dirty old bunk bed and a faded, worn out desk inside a small room with no air conditioning, no fan, no towels, no sink...literally totally empty....for $70. Quite shocking.

When we booked 2 suite rooms it said we would have a bathroom, but when we saw our rooms, it was not the case. They were absolutely TINY suite rooms with no lockers and no room to put any baggage. Also, the hostel was pretty darn close to empty yet they gave us a room on the street side that was incredibly loud with early morning construction across the street. Also was very hot and no fans or AC. Breakfast muffins were great, but the lack of sleep due to noise and heat made it miserable.

We're sorry you didn't enjoy your time here. We don't have any rooms with a toilet inside them. It looks like you think you booked the room with a toilet when in fact we don't have a room with a toilet. All the facilities are shared. We're sorry that there is construction but this is completely out of our control. The hostel is packed full every night and switching rooms isn't an option when that is the case. IF we had the space we would of happily moved you elsewear.

Great location, excellent service. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were very clean.

• 15th Jun 2015

A little expensive for what you get. And a little too dirty/not maintained for my liking. Sorry.

• 15th Jun 2015

The girl at the front desk was really nice and helpful. Also the muffins for breakfast were delioucious. However the bathroom was not that clear and the room was really small for 2 people and 2 pieces of luggage

I stayed there just for one night. Music from the bar was a bit too loud. Other than that, I had a nice stay there.

This hostel is noisy! The room doors need door closing mechanisms to be installed. Every time someone enters/leaves a room, the door slams behind them and echoes down the hallway. Neighbouring doors slamming cause your bed to shake and will invariably wake you up at night. The washrooms also have no door closers, which means that some particularly unpleasant smells make their way down the hallway.

• 12th Jun 2015

SO super noisey late into the night from the bar downstairs...could hear all the lyrics to every song and the base tgrought the bed. My mattress in night one was comfy. They asked me to swap rooms after my first night due to a booking error- no big deal but the mattress on this new bed was the worst I've ever slep on in my entire life... The springs actually hurt my skin and my back. To top it off I left with a dozen bed bug bites all over both of my legs and one arm. Would never go there again.

• 29th May 2015