Cambie Hostel - Seymour Reviews

515 Seymour St. V6B 3H6, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

I appreciated the way the staff responded immediately to my email when the train I was travelling to was delayed until 3:30am, reassuring me they had a 24 hour lobby and also answered an earlier query

• 29th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

In general it´s quite a nice hostel, the location is great. Unfortunately the music in the pub downstairs is terribly loud at night. Furthermore, there are only few people in the common areas (probably due to the existing pub), so it is harder to get in contact with other travellers than in hostels without a pub. What I found a bit annoying, that I arrived at 7am and I couldn´t use the common areas before 2pm...

• 28th Aug 2015

Everything was great! My only critique is that the 2nd floor women's bathroom door wouldn't shut all the way, meaning that when you take a shower people could easily see you naked if they were to look at the mirror from the hallway, or through the large crack on the hinge. Otherwise, everything was great! The staff was also EXCEPTIONAL, very helpful and friendly.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Kind staff, tasty morning coffee, hot water, slow Wifi (but works), poor soundpoof, clean bed, good location.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • South Korea

- Room right over a very noisy dance club. Earplugs were not remotely sufficient - No changing room for showers. This had to be done in the middle of the bathroom, which door can be opened at any time and is connecting to the (public) hallway - 2 of the staff people felt like they'd much rater be somewhere else. The 2 other staff people I met were very nice - The location is great to enjoy the nightlife

• 21st Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

It was my first stay in a hostel as i have always used hotels or motels.I thought i would try a hostel as money was tight.With no offense to the hostel i would not do it again.Staying on first floor and sharing a bathroom on the third floor was too much for me.I was grateful it was only 21 degrees the day i stayed as it was about 25 in my room.That being said i would recomend to other people , hosteling was just not for me.

• 20th Aug 2015

This hostel is funny-smelling, dirty, bed-bug infested, noisy place. They don't clean the rooms, they don't do maintenance there either. The bar downstairs is extremely loud and so is the construction site nearby. The only advantage of this place is it's cost. Never staying there again.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Russia

The Cambie Seymour is a hostel that is located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, walkable to almost everything including gastown, Stanley Park, the Harbour attractions, Robson St., etc. It is a good value for the cost, and the staff are really friendly and helpful. The downsides are that my room, anyway, was RIGHT over the pub downstairs which got really loud at bedtime, and had a construction site across the street which was at it starting at around 7 or 8am.

It was clean and the location is perfect. The only thing I missed was a closet or something to store my things. The staff was very nice and friendly.

• 8th Aug 2015
  • Switzerland

Wifi's not very good, it's very intermittent.

The location and the price of the Cambie are great but the condition of the rooms is really poor.

• 5th Aug 2015

Gross party hostel in a dodgy part of Seymour

The staff was helpful and friendly, the location was perfect for my needs. Only complaint was my bed was entirely too squeaky. Even the slightest movement caused a very high pitched squeak. Lots of movement trying to get into a comfortable position was surely annoying to my roommate for the night, as he was trying to sleep. Other than this one minor thing, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• 1st Aug 2015

It was the worst hostel i have ever stayed . It was sooo dirty ....it has even forgot me how its in city center...

I thought the place was in a great location and the staff were extremely helpful. I would have liked to see a lounge area where it would be easier to socialize with other travelers.

• 17th Jul 2015

staff were very friendly, I was there in summer and the rooms were hot at night. they maybe need to look into installing fans for the warmer weather. apart from that the place is very good and very central.

It is just that everything is old and dirty... I guess that explain why it is probably the cheapest hostel

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Intensely hot and noisy. Poor layout of rooms and baths. Not enough space to turn around in dorms. Few power outlets

• 9th Jul 2015

I got eaten alive by bedbugs at this hostel. The staff member who checked us out was very nice but acknowledged that this is an ongoing problem that the Cambie has failed to address. He offered us $2 for a dryer and sent us on our way. Bedbugs aside this is also one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed in.

Very noisy above the bar but staff very helpful.

• 5th Jul 2015