4.9
Rating 66 Total Reviews
4.9
Rating 66 Total Reviews
Cambie Hostel Located at 63 Victoria Cres., Nanaimo, British Columbia, Nanaimo.
Canada
Nanaimo BC 63 Victoria Cres., Nanaimo, British Columbia
49% 66
49.1632696 -123.9352011
    Rooms available

• Germany, Female, 25-30
11th Oct 2015
4.0

Staff didn´t know about our booking (could´t find it in the computer), there was nobody for checking out in the morning. Rooms were really bad-smelling and dirty. Same for the kitchen, no place were you want to stay at all. At the bar there were just a few drug old guys but the noise was sleep-taking...

• England, Female, 18-24
4th Oct 2015
6.9

The staff were really helpful and friendly. I just didn't feel comfortable there so ended up moving. I got a full refund and they were extremely nice. I just didn't like the room as there where no windows and the bar is very noisy

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Sep 2015
3.1

Honestly the worst hostel I've ever been in. I was going to stay for 3 nights. It was right above a bar and very loud. I did not end up staying here, asked for a refund but was only able to be refunded for the last 2 nights. However the staff were nice and were as helpful as they could be. I would not recommend this hostel.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
31st Aug 2015
3.7

Worst hostel I've ever staid in. Loud metal music from below, dirty beds and bathroom, no window in my room. Staff was nice but I would never ever stay there again.

29th Aug 2015
3.1

I was very disappointed with this hostel. I booked it knowing it was above a music venue so loud noise was not unexpected. The bar staff manage the hostel check in. I was told there was WIFI however they had forgotten the password so I couldn't use it. The kitchen is in a tiny room, no bigger then a broom cupboard that doubles as the common area. The hostel doesn't feel welcoming or that they want backpackers at all. I would not stay here again. I did not meet another guest while I was here.

• Canada, Female, 41+
22nd Aug 2015
8.0

Good deal. Staff was nice. Room was clean and we could sleep. A good deal for the money

• Canada, Female, 25-30
7th Aug 2015
3.7

It was pretty rough, no windows in room, we couldn't sleep because of live band underneath our room! Not a very nice hostel experience. Would not recommend to others unless they wanted to get drunk at the pub all night and didn't care where they sleep.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
1st Aug 2015
6.0

very loud, impossible to sleep with bass music shaking the whole building late into the night. however, staff were very helpful and refund given without hassle when we left shortly after arriving.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
29th Jul 2015
3.4

It was really load in the rooms from the bar below.there was no understanding from the stuff when we told them that it is to load. Couldn't talk in our room because of the load bass. So no sleeping in the night. And the whole day we heard the looad music. No informations or service from the hostel what to do or where to go in nanaimo. Sleeping lines were dirty. In the kitchen it was not clean. Old cooking stuff.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
26th Jul 2015
2.3

Horrible acommodation. No Windows, uncleaned washroom, only cold water in the shower, the smell of rat/mice urin in the room, need restauration since 5-10 Years, loud music until 2am in the morning, while parking in the back of the hostel, a homless searched for "valueables" in trash container. very very cheap - you get what you pay. Would never (!) stay againagain at this place.