Cambie Hostel Reviews

63 Victoria Cres., Nanaimo, British Columbia, Nanaimo, Canada

Good deal. Staff was nice. Room was clean and we could sleep. A good deal for the money

• 22nd Aug 2015

It was pretty rough, no windows in room, we couldn't sleep because of live band underneath our room! Not a very nice hostel experience. Would not recommend to others unless they wanted to get drunk at the pub all night and didn't care where they sleep.

very loud, impossible to sleep with bass music shaking the whole building late into the night. however, staff were very helpful and refund given without hassle when we left shortly after arriving.

• 1st Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

It was really load in the rooms from the bar below.there was no understanding from the stuff when we told them that it is to load. Couldn't talk in our room because of the load bass. So no sleeping in the night. And the whole day we heard the looad music. No informations or service from the hostel what to do or where to go in nanaimo. Sleeping lines were dirty. In the kitchen it was not clean. Old cooking stuff.

• 29th Jul 2015

Horrible acommodation. No Windows, uncleaned washroom, only cold water in the shower, the smell of rat/mice urin in the room, need restauration since 5-10 Years, loud music until 2am in the morning, while parking in the back of the hostel, a homless searched for "valueables" in trash container. very very cheap - you get what you pay. Would never (!) stay againagain at this place.

• 26th Jul 2015

The employee at reception did not know how to discount the amount that I had already paid on Hostelworld. The kitchen is very small and not well lit enough to see what you are cooking. The music from the bar downstairs was also very loud, but it was good music at least. One positive point is that the hostel is close to the city center, the waterfront and a grocery store.

The room I stayed in did not have a window and although it was equiped with a (very loud) Ventilation System, the air was very bad and the whole room smelled like smoke and rotten. There where hair on the Sheets of all of the four beds, so I did not even ask for clean ones as this seems to be normal there. It is totally fine for me if there is a bar at the hostel where it can get louder, but this was more like a club and at 2am the music was still so luod that even the walls where shaking.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Staff were very unhelpful and couldn't find our booking or the deposit we had paid. After finally sorting that we asked about the free Wi-fi and breakfast as described in the websites which happened to be non existent. Also, as the rooms are located upstairs above the bar, music that can only be described as horrific heavy death metal, was being played until 1.30am and was so loud and bassie it shook the whole building. Would never stay again and would never recommend to anyone to stay there.

• 19th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Stay so horrible the wost hostel that i never slept.he should be closed.the son at the grandfloord very laughter impossible to sleep it is luke theire is a discotheque in our room until 2am.we had explained but they said they can't do anything.room very dirty it shoud have something in my sheets i have lit of boutons every where on my skin.the kitchen is just horrible really very dirty nothing to cook...wwe arrive to cancel and refunf the last night and find a sweety hostel at 5 min

The cleanliness of the room was incredibly bad, especially the bathroom. It was very loud and it was hard to fall asleep. The staff was a bit disorganized and there's no service for baggage claim neither breakfast.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Belgium

I 've never seen such a filthy hostel. Dirty wahsrooms, dirty beds, no sheets, smelly. The entrance and the bar looks very rundown as the entire hostel facilitiy. I didn't even stay the night. Only positive thing: I got my entire money back!

• 6th May 2015

Like someone else said, it's basically just rooms over a bar, so it's incredibly loud. The room was a little shabby but mostly just cheerless - it could use a nicer colour of paint, or maybe some artwork. Kitchen is a joke, really needs a kettle! Staff seemed harried and more interested in bar than the hostel.

The staff were nice, the room clean and large. Unfortunatly the room was freezing cold, and even after informing the staff, who I think turned something on, I still huddled under my blanket and my coat with my hat on to try to sleep.

• 17th Mar 2015