Cambie Hostel Reviews

63 Victoria Cres., Nanaimo, British Columbia, Nanaimo, Canada

Staff didn´t know about our booking (could´t find it in the computer), there was nobody for checking out in the morning. Rooms were really bad-smelling and dirty. Same for the kitchen, no place were you want to stay at all. At the bar there were just a few drug old guys but the noise was sleep-taking...

The staff were really helpful and friendly. I just didn't feel comfortable there so ended up moving. I got a full refund and they were extremely nice. I just didn't like the room as there where no windows and the bar is very noisy

Honestly the worst hostel I've ever been in. I was going to stay for 3 nights. It was right above a bar and very loud. I did not end up staying here, asked for a refund but was only able to be refunded for the last 2 nights. However the staff were nice and were as helpful as they could be. I would not recommend this hostel.

• 8th Sep 2015

Worst hostel I've ever staid in. Loud metal music from below, dirty beds and bathroom, no window in my room. Staff was nice but I would never ever stay there again.

• 31st Aug 2015

I was very disappointed with this hostel. I booked it knowing it was above a music venue so loud noise was not unexpected. The bar staff manage the hostel check in. I was told there was WIFI however they had forgotten the password so I couldn't use it. The kitchen is in a tiny room, no bigger then a broom cupboard that doubles as the common area. The hostel doesn't feel welcoming or that they want backpackers at all. I would not stay here again. I did not meet another guest while I was here.

Good deal. Staff was nice. Room was clean and we could sleep. A good deal for the money

• 22nd Aug 2015