Cambridge Lodge Budget Hostel Reviews

109 Cambridge Street, Stanmore, NSW 2048, Sydney, Australia

Location ok for us, because we had to get to the airport. For people that'd like to see Sydney no go base. Rooms and bathroom were dirty and ants, bugs and cockroaches been there. Sheets were stained and torn. Not a nice place to stay, even when there is a TV in your room.

The TV and sink in the room were nice.

Security - no lockers for valuables. Location - I had to pay about $3.80 each way for every time I wanted to go to central Sydney. Staff - No complaints. Atmosphere - Just a place to sleep. No kind of atmosphere. Cleanliness - Pretty much what I've seen at other hostels. Value for money - Considering you have to take the train to get there and all the other things I wrote here, I'd say the value for the money wasn't what I expected Facilities - Kitchen had no pots, pans, plates, etc.

Hi, Thanks for your comment, but much of what has been said is just not true ?? Lockers are provided and have 24/7 Closed Circuit Video surveillance. Travel to the city is $3.80 single but only $5.00 return off peak and half price for a weekly ticket. Travel time is 10 minutes. Pots and Pans ?? There is ample kitchen utensils including pots and pans and cutlery for a free breakfast !! Plenty of great people here just keep smiling .!

NO PARKING !!!! Despite advertising there was parking provided by the hostel - there is no parking, only council street parking nearby, very busy area, good luck trying to find a park! Staff weren't helpful - she just argued that on street parking was the "hostel providing parking" - ? Charged my credit card + additional fee before even asking for payment. Two different buildings, one clean, one dirty - she put us in the dirty building. Security is questionable, would only work when door is c

• 7th Feb 2014