CamelBackpackers Hostel Reviews

1601 North 13th Avenue, Cross Road McDowell, Phoenix, USA

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

Second time we have stayed in 2 years. Love this hostel! Really is like a home away from home. We found it was a great place to relax. Alternatively staff know the ins and outs of Phoenix and extremely friendly and helpful. One of our favourite hostels along our travels.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very good hostel, my one complaint would be the atmosphere. I went in a quiet period and there were a few older guests. If you want a young travelers hostel this is probably not the place. Very clean, cheap and staff were helpful.

Best hostel I have stayed at. Great staff, Extremely Clean not to forget the outings they arrange every week. Definately will visit again.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!! The moment I entered I felt like being home and welcomed by good old friends! Thanks also to the staff (you are the best :-*) for making me like part of the camel family;-) The amenities were top, cleanliness and your help with bookings/activities is unbeatable!! A must stay for everyone near Phoenix and even a reason to visit Phoenix. Will be back!!

• 15th Jul 2014

Friendly staff! Had a short but awesome time.

very clean, very friendly staff, painless check in, big common area per person and nice modern kitchen - not cramped; a little out of the way and in an unsafe neighborhood, but you'll likely have a car to get out, and there are streetlights to help protect it

I loved everything about it, mainly the staff great people Ian, Martin, an Randy great people showed us such a good time well managed, great rooms, great location I will always come back!!

This place is more like a house than a hostel. It felt like I was home with my roommates. Really clean. Staff was really friendly and helpful. No complain at all. I will come back for sure.

I had a great visit to Camelbackpackers. I definitely recommend it!

A really nice hostel with a friendly staff. I would definitely stay there again.

The hostel was awesome.The staff were welcoming, the place was like a big family home with a welcoming common room where everyone could hang out. It was very cleaned and u thoroughly enjoyed my stay there.

• 17th May 2014

What a great place! The staff are wonderful and so much is for free. It has a uniquely homey feel and there's tons of information on things to do around Phoenix.

Amazing place!! The staff is just so cool and friendly and helpful!! All is very clean !!

Best hostel I've ever stayed in without a doubt! Staff are super friendly and can't help enough. Its like a home away from home, facilities were excellent and the cleanliness was great... really enjoyed me time there!!! Cheers guys x

• 14th Apr 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Cosy, laid-back hostel. It's cheap but the location isn't great, good 15-20 min walk to the light rail which, without a car, you need to get anywhere in Phoenix. Staff and everyone are very friendly.