CamelBackpackers Hostel Reviews

1601 North 13th Avenue, Cross Road McDowell, Phoenix, USA

Great place to stay. Very relaxed, warm atmosphere. Everybody was very nice and hospitable.

• 17th Nov 2014

This is one of the nicest hostels I have heard about. It is extremely clean and actually has a rule about not letting locals use the location for long term cheap stay. This meant the ambiance of a hostel remained and people were from all over the country and the world. I would definitely stay here again and met new traveling friends. It is small but very cozy none the less. The staff was pleasant and the young man with the blond beard and long hair went out of his way to socialize w us :)

• 16th Nov 2014

Overall a nice place to stay.

• 14th Nov 2014

Great Hostel! Great Staff! Was such a pleasure to meet people in this backpackers!

Great staff! Everyone is constantly cooking and having meals together. I thought it was really cool that they have a ton of art supplies and guitars to mess around with. The sense of community was perfect. Very fun place to visit.

Had an absolutely great time in this hostel. The atmosphere with the staff and guests was just GREAT!!! They had different meals each night and you can join in and they had a chef. The public transport in Phoenix is amazing. I got from Greyhound on buses 70 and 17 right to my hostel really quickly and with Phoenix being so big public transport or borrowing a bike from the hostel is the thing to do. All the facilties were good and clean. It was my first time in a co-ed dorm and I had no problem.

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

Second time we have stayed in 2 years. Love this hostel! Really is like a home away from home. We found it was a great place to relax. Alternatively staff know the ins and outs of Phoenix and extremely friendly and helpful. One of our favourite hostels along our travels.

• 3rd Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very good hostel, my one complaint would be the atmosphere. I went in a quiet period and there were a few older guests. If you want a young travelers hostel this is probably not the place. Very clean, cheap and staff were helpful.

Best hostel I have stayed at. Great staff, Extremely Clean not to forget the outings they arrange every week. Definately will visit again.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!! The moment I entered I felt like being home and welcomed by good old friends! Thanks also to the staff (you are the best :-*) for making me like part of the camel family;-) The amenities were top, cleanliness and your help with bookings/activities is unbeatable!! A must stay for everyone near Phoenix and even a reason to visit Phoenix. Will be back!!

• 15th Jul 2014

Friendly staff! Had a short but awesome time.

very clean, very friendly staff, painless check in, big common area per person and nice modern kitchen - not cramped; a little out of the way and in an unsafe neighborhood, but you'll likely have a car to get out, and there are streetlights to help protect it

I loved everything about it, mainly the staff great people Ian, Martin, an Randy great people showed us such a good time well managed, great rooms, great location I will always come back!!

This place is more like a house than a hostel. It felt like I was home with my roommates. Really clean. Staff was really friendly and helpful. No complain at all. I will come back for sure.