CamelBackpackers Hostel Reviews

1601 North 13th Avenue, Cross Road McDowell, Phoenix, USA

Nice place to stay and meet people. This hostel totally doesn´t look like one! It´s like a family house ... 2 drms and one private room. Everybody is a friend there. Really enjoyed it!

This place is the most cleanliness hostel I ever stay. Staff is friendly band helpful. During my stay I feel like home. Its a small hostel so there's not much people stay here so you'll have time to know everybody. Bed and bathroom are very clean, they turn the A/C on so it wasn't too hot (it was a bit too cold actually) but you can ask for extra blanket. I was rely on the public transportation and I have no problem getting around here !! I would definitely recommend this hostel !!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

Staff wasn't fun outgoing or helpful. This is a house not a hostel. Rooms are stuffed. With only 2 total bathrooms traffic of people going in and out was constant. The lounge was occupied with couch surfers so couldn't sit on the couch and visit others. Lockers are cheap plastic. Couldn't store anything in it without it falling forward on my face. Bathrooms were clean, I'll give them that

We're truly sorry this guest didn't have a good experience: our volunteer staff strives to make sure everyone feels welcome, and we provide tons of resources for exploring Phoenix! But we're proud to be in a converted historic home - sure, it means we're not a huge hostel, but it also means you can actually get to know fellow travelers in an intimate environment :) In fact while this guest stayed we had a volunteer-led pub crawl for tacos + a dance party that many other guests participated in!

It was great. I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Thanks to Andy, Ali, Gilberto, Ali (Staff) and also thanks to Amber (owner of the hostel).

• 22nd Mar 2015
  • India

Rajan, We really enjoyed meeting you. We hope to see you again soon.

I booked a hostel because I wanted a simple place to stay, I was passing through. I was pleasantly surprised about how clean everything was. The staff was very nice and knowledgeable. My favorite thing about this hostel is the fact that they have Cotten hand towels for the restroom. If that is not classy, I do not know what is.

Both hosts I met (both named "Ali") are super people. The hostel has a great atmosphere for getting to meet people. It'a very unusual, great place!

Everyone loves this place. There is space and time to make friends. There is information on all the current events in Phoenix. Plus free breakfast, cookies in the evening, unlimited supply of towels. Staff are wonderful.

A really cosy hostel and attractive hostel, fast check-in, good wifi, close to the downtown action, and plenty of people lounging around to meet.

Wonderful hostel! The staff was lovely; facilities were clean; the little hostel puppy was adorable; and free breakfast was delicious. Laidback, fun vibe. Would definitely stay here again!

exceptionally clean bathrooms and kitchen! really friendly staff (like one big family) and very well equipped kitchen

• 8th Jan 2015

Beautiful decorated, awesome staff, always someone to talk with. Recommemd this hostel to everybody out there although you have to walk like 15 min to get to the train station.

• 7th Jan 2015

Good place to stay when visiting Phoenix. Staff is very helpful and friendly.

Excellent place to stay, if you go to Phoenix. I recommend to use an UBER to get there from the airport; it's cheaper than a normal taxi.

The hostel was immaculate clean for the 7 days of my stay ! Staff was polite, mannered and interacted in an appropriate manner with guests.

Great place to stay. Very relaxed, warm atmosphere. Everybody was very nice and hospitable.

• 17th Nov 2014

This is one of the nicest hostels I have heard about. It is extremely clean and actually has a rule about not letting locals use the location for long term cheap stay. This meant the ambiance of a hostel remained and people were from all over the country and the world. I would definitely stay here again and met new traveling friends. It is small but very cozy none the less. The staff was pleasant and the young man with the blond beard and long hair went out of his way to socialize w us :)

• 16th Nov 2014

Overall a nice place to stay.

• 14th Nov 2014

Great Hostel! Great Staff! Was such a pleasure to meet people in this backpackers!

Great staff! Everyone is constantly cooking and having meals together. I thought it was really cool that they have a ton of art supplies and guitars to mess around with. The sense of community was perfect. Very fun place to visit.