7.6
Very Good 490 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 490 Total Reviews
Camelot Inn & Hostel Located at 165 West 800 South, , Salt Lake City.
USA
Salt Lake City Utah 84101 165 West 800 South
76% 490
40.7517110 -111.8960952
    Rooms available

19th Sep 2016
3.1

Having no staff on-site is absolute bs. I mistakenly booked on-line one day later as I had to do so on my phone driving into SLC. Of course there was no one to talk to about this simple issue. I was unable to access the place for about 30 minutes, waiting out front until someone eventually walked out and then an older lady staying there had to show me how to use the archaic and terribly slow automatic check-in system, which of course couldnt help me. Location is sketchy area w/ lots of bums

• Canada, Male, 31-40
17th Sep 2016

Clean, secure, off street parking. Location isn't in the best part of the city, but that's pretty normal for hostels. The lack of any staff on location was a bit of a challenge to work around, but not a deterrent from using again in the future

• USA, Female, 31-40
15th Sep 2016
7.7

They are rather strict on the rules here so do take the time to read them. I give this hostel a fantastic value for money rating for a few reasons: 1. It's one block from the Trax station, making travel to most places incredibly simple. 2. The bed was comfy, the door locked, the room was clean, and a towel was provided. 3. There is a great kitchen in there where you can store and cook your food. Minimal supplies, but enough to get by. I'd absolutely stay here again if I needed to visit SLC

• maxieduncan
  • New Zealand, Male, 31-40
  • Globetrotter
14th Sep 2016
6.0

I don't have a problem with automated check in but this is poorly implemented. Filling out the paperwork before arrival so that my booking wouldn't be cancelled was stressful as I'd only booked two days before and they take 12/24 hrs to respond. I managed to get enough mobile reception on the train to eventually download the app and get it done but a rigmarole. Without roaming on my phone I would have been stuffed.

• USA, Male, 41+
4th Sep 2016
6.9

An Okay place, but, really, does the 'automatic Check-In' have to be so complicated? Wouldn't it be far better (and more humane) to pay a person to BE THERE to greet guest and check them in face to face???? I mean, whoever cleans can just be hanging around all day and check people in, too. I (and others) got frustrated with the lengthy, problematic check-in ordeal. Also, not a great location, but otherwise decent enough.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Aug 2016

Self check in -not difficult but cumbersome, every person I saw check in while I was there ended up having to call about some issue anyway. No staff available if you have questions, have to call. There are different lists of rules on just about every available surface. Otherwise great value for money, had everything I needed, was extremely clean, short walk to downtown/temple square etc would stay there again.

• Switzerland, Male, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
7.7

Nice concept with no staff involved. However the Email for the Photo ID could be sent earlier. Otherwise great place to stay.

20th Aug 2016

The best things about Camelot are its excellent, convenient location along with clean, quiet rooms and a parking lot. I'm bummed about not meeting anyone from the staff in person--only by phone and email--although everyone was nice. It is the most impersonal hostel in which I have ever stayed, but despite that it served my purposes well and I would stay there again.

• England, Couple, 25-30
14th Aug 2016
7.4

We only stayed for one night and the apartment served its purpose for us. It was clean and as described. The self check-in was hassle free for us, but another of the guests who arrived at the same time had some difficulties. Also it was quite hot in the room at night and we couldn't leave the ceiling fan on because the light stayed on with it. Otherwise we were happy with the apartment and felt it was reasonably priced.

• USA, Male, 41+
12th Aug 2016

Pro: Excellent location close to TRAX train (ground level subway). Great facility. Cleanliness is equal to German standards. Con: Check in is difficult when you are tired and ready to get some rest. Check-out of 10:00 is an hour too early.