7.6
Very Good 510 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 510 Total Reviews
Camelot Inn & Hostel Located at 165 West 800 South, , Salt Lake City.
USA
Salt Lake City Utah 84101 165 West 800 South
76% 510
40.7517110 -111.8960952
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
11th Nov 2016
5.4

Mixed feelings about this hostel. The bed was comfy, the room was clean, the bathrooms were decent and the showers were hot. The check-in system was TERRIBLE. Hand write an invoice, with a photo of the ID, to send in before hand because there are exactly 0 staff in the building, seemingly ever (bar cleaners).. And then to be told that the email got lost and to resend it, then check in on a screen, it's long-winded and just gets rid of the last little bit of atmosphere this place could've had.

• Switzerland, Male, 31-40
7th Nov 2016
6.3

There's no staff on site. It's all arranged fine with codes and computers and safes but impersonal, impossible to ask for advice and offers no flexibility (check in/out hours, dropping your backpack before or leaving it for the afternoon only for a high fee). Other than that: somewhat far from everything (sights, bars, grocery), very clean, good facilities (kitchen, washer/dryer, tv)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
31st Oct 2016
7.1

Annoying that we were told that we could not leave our luggage before check in time. 97% of other hostels I have stayed in have let me leave luggage before check in without cost. Directions on Hostelworld were rubbish and incorrect. Good location once you figure out how to get there and are prepared to use the rail.

• USA, Male, 31-40
30th Oct 2016
7.4

As others have said before, this wasn't the traditional hostel experience - there was no front desk staff to check us in, or offer advice on local activities and there really wasn't a proper communal space. The only interaction I had was with the others I was rooming with - which ended up being interesting! I appreciated how secure the building felt, I how quickly the staff responded to my texts, the easy check in process, ample bathrooms, and the proximity to downtown Salt Lake City.

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
29th Oct 2016
6.6

Hostel lost my booking, so I never received the door code. The remote check in system may be considered novel, but I just found it a huge hassle, with it taking two hours from my arrival to when I finally got to my room. If there was a staff member on site, it would have taken about 10 minutes to sort the issue and check in. No social lounge, so there was no hostel atmosphere to speak of. Good points - clean place to sleep, kitchen facilities, decent WiFi.

• Hong Kong, Male, 31-40
28th Oct 2016

Its a interesting self check-in and out hostel. Steps are pretty simple to follow. I have a present stay. Thank you.

• USA, Male, 41+
20th Oct 2016

Best place ever

• USA, Female, 18-24
19th Oct 2016

This place is a great deal, but don't expect anything more than the bare minimum! Small bed, small room, not super clean but not dirty. The check-in system is pretty weird, but it worked out in the end!

5th Oct 2016

This place is almost right next Ro a street car stop, 900 Street, so really easy to get to from the airport. However, their system with self checking in is nerve racking. I made my reservation weeks ahead but never got my access code, had to call several times and when I got there they did not have any of my information. Scanning in of the form did not work either, finally a relative of the owner showed up and fixed it. Wifi works very well. Place was quiet, nice guests.

1st Oct 2016
8.0

Perfect for travellers who are self-sufficient and will spend most of their time sightseeing or out of the hostel. Very convenient location next to a light rail station. Comfortable room (I paid extra for ensuite bathroom so I cannot speak of common facilities but they looked fine as I went past) and the overall space was quiet. Great value.