Camelot Inn & Hostel Reviews

165 West 800 South, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Great stay at the hostel in SLC! They have a shared kitchen, bathrooms and computers. Great little setup. Hostels are a good option if you like meeting people and are on a budget. Expect bunk beds.

• 25th Mar 2014

We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay at Camelot Inn & Hostel. Thank you for the nice comment and rating.

Very pleasant, ideal for the ones who want to spend some days in a clean and quiet place.

Thank you very much for your great review and comments!

It kinda smelled like an old folks home when I walked in.

Thank you for the nice rating. ====SMELL IN COMMON AREA==== None of our other guests have ever had that experience. We clean the rooms and common areas each day, and we use Febreeze to keep the property smelling fresh. 35)...The whole building smelled fresh and clean. K.G.H. "Kate" Nicholes (CG) Montana, USA 16)...there isn't any smoking or drinking of alcohol here and so it's very clean and easy to breathe. Ben Harrison (CG) Colorado, USA

It was my second stay at Camelot Inn and Hostel and I may be coming again! The location is perfect and the only thing I had some trouble with was to find an interesting channel on TV. The offered selection seems to be from last century... Anyway, I liked my stay, thank you!

Thank you for your nice comment about our property and location. ====TV==== We don't invest in any expensive cable packages so that we can continue charging low rates on all of our rooms. 11) Camelot Rooms are clean, safe, and affordable...You will be pleasantly surprised to know that Camelot Rooms have Cable TV and High Speed Internet connection in each and every room. Martin Gainty (CG) New Hampshire, USA

I did love the place!!! Its always clean, excellent location, has all facilities, safety because main entry and room access is controlled by codes, I highly recommend the hostel!!! I will definitely make reservation with Camelot my next holiday in SLC !!!!

It isn't a hostel. There isn't good atmosphere. No activities, no reception. They don't receive cash, no way. The girl who was there isn't helpfull. I really didn't understand the price. It isn't so expensive if you see on internet. But tax is not included and it is higher than another hostel in SLC. Through it all, I changed to another hostel.

We're sorry you didn't understand our hostel. ==RECEPTION== We have office staff on the property each weekday morning. ==ACTIVITIES/PRICES== We don't spend money organizing/directing activities so our guests can enjoy the savings. Also, the city transit system is a one-minute walk away, so most people go and enjoy city activities. There is one local hostel whose dorms are a couple dollars cheaper, but for all other room types we are at least $5 cheaper than other hostels.

I have stayed in all types of hotels, from luxury to flea bag. And in all my life, nothing was as bad as my one night at the Camelot Inn & Hostel in Salt Lake City. The place feels more like a halfway house than a place that offers lodging to travelers. The room was at most 12 ft. by 8ft. The bed sagged and had one very substandard pillow. I tried to call the toll-free number but no one answered. This place also has no air conditioning, which on a warm night would make it unbearable.

• 19th Oct 2013

====BED==== Most of our travelers do not have problems with our beds. 194)...Rooms and beds are very nice. Russell Langley (8S) England 189) The room was clean and the bed was good. Gaute Haukaas (8S) Norway ====AIR CONDITIONING==== Our common areas are air conditioned. They, along with the windows and fans in each room, keep the property cool enough for most guests. 53)...The A/C worked -- it was nice and cool and my room had a ceiling fan. CJ (8S)

Good. You have to book online in advance. No reception. You check yourself in on a computer using a confirmation number you get in an e-mail. It's a little bit tricky. Clean, nice kitchen, singles get your own room. All rooms have good TV. There is a 7-11 on the corner that sells beer. The neighbors dog barks and yelps all day but it's quiet at night. You need to remember to write down the code for the lock on the front door. I'd stay here again.

View all Salt Lake City Hostels