Camelot Inn & Hostel Reviews

165 West 800 South, Salt Lake City, USA

Based on being a guest for a single night: A good atmosphere and good value for money. Only drawback: the internet was down when we were staying over.

• 17th Apr 2015

I stayed for one night at the Camelot Inn & Hostel. This is a very impersonal place, as the check in is done entirely by computer, and there is literally NO STAFF there to greet you or answer any questions you may have. I did not like that. I had a small private room. My bed was OLD and not very comfortable. However, the place was CLEAN (unlike many Hostels) and it was a very good value for the money.

• 10th Apr 2015

Check in was easy enough. I booked for a 4bed female dorm but I was the only person for 3 nights. When I had some issues and called the manager, he solved all the problems except for the heating. It was very cold and I had to wear a winter jacket and a mask. I was provided with a blanket but it didn't help much.

• 24th Mar 2015

Everything was good except that the room smelled bad when I first arrived.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • China

This is not a social hostel at all. Beds were squeaky. There was no staff and service on the phone number was not helpful. Most of the people who stayed here were older.

==SOCIAL== Many of our guests enjoy the company in the hostel and make new friends. ==BEDS== Thank you for letting us know about the bed. We will check it. ==STAFF== We have a friendly housekeeping staff, and we are in the process of hiring a morning office aide. ==OLDER PEOPLE== We have guests from all ages that stay at our hostel.

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed in. Only positive is that place was clean enough. Dorm beds squeaked loudly on the slightest movement. Terrible customer service. They leave a number to call if you need any help, but I tried calling them twice. The first time, there was no answer; the second time, I was received by a man with an attitude who said that he could not do anything because he was "closed". This was at 8pm on a Saturday. Also, their "triples" are 8'x10' rooms with two beds only.

==DORM BEDS== Thank you for letting us know. We will check the mattresses. ==CUSTOMER SERVICE== This is a very busy hotel season in Salt Lake. If we miss a call from a guest, we always call back as soon as we can. Our office hours are listed on our website. We also have a friendly housekeeping staff, and are in the process of hiring a morning office aide. ==TRIPLES== The number of beds in each room is stated in each room description before you book.

There was no staff at the facility. However, Arthur (the owner) was easily accessible via phone for questions and concerns. Check in and checkout process was very simple and clearly stated.

Thank you for complimenting our check-in system and ease of access. We are also in the process of hiring an office staff that will be on the property weekday mornings.

Ability to check in after midnight is very convenient.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Thank you for complimenting the convenience of our check-in system. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay.

Was charged USD 5.80 for early check in. Arrived at 12 pm. Check in starts at 3pm. Which was funny cause the room was ready anyway and there was no person there to assist me. You check in yourself by entering your reference number at a computer. On the screen you will see your room number and the code to the key box which holds the key to your room. There was no actual person there that helped me. That could have really been for free, dear hostel. That's just a minor thing. It was perfect hostel

Thank you for praising our hostel. ==EARLY CHECK-IN== Our check-in time and early check-in fee are clearly listed in our terms and conditions; they need not be a surprise to any traveler. ==NO HELP== We have just hired a morning office aide to help guests who need it, and we have staff available by phone who can help during business hours. ==TESTIMONIALS== ...I had a very nice stay, staff really helpful. Simone Italy

View all Salt Lake City Hostels