Camelot Inn & Hostel Reviews

165 West 800 South, Salt Lake City, USA

The checking in experience leaves little to be desired but once we were finally able to get our key the experience improved. We went in the middle of a hot streak in SLC so not having air conditioning in the room was uncomfortable at best but there was a small fan which helped. The Hostel was quiet and highly secured which was nice. The location wasn't great but pretty close to the places you'd want to go.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great location, clean place. Very near the town centre. I arrived very late at night but everything was very clear and very well organised. Great place to stay!

• 18th Jun 2015

I did not have wifi between booking this hostel and arriving, upon arrival we had to find a cafe with wifi to get the access code and discovered we could not drop our bags unless we arranged to pay for a storage locker prior to arrival. We also felt quite uncomfortable with the thought of always being watched, since there is no staff on the premises the manager watches from somewhere I know there are cameras at other hostels for safety and security but this was creepy Most ppl stay in their room

My friend and I didn't like not being greeted by a person, we are not fond of the self checkin and the only communication between the managers/ staff is through email or phone. There is never a person on the premises to address issues. I had separate bookings for two nights and we could not use the common area between my room change and common sense and good customer service were not applied with email communication.

Based on being a guest for a single night: A good atmosphere and good value for money. Only drawback: the internet was down when we were staying over.

• 17th Apr 2015

I stayed for one night at the Camelot Inn & Hostel. This is a very impersonal place, as the check in is done entirely by computer, and there is literally NO STAFF there to greet you or answer any questions you may have. I did not like that. I had a small private room. My bed was OLD and not very comfortable. However, the place was CLEAN (unlike many Hostels) and it was a very good value for the money.

• 10th Apr 2015

Check in was easy enough. I booked for a 4bed female dorm but I was the only person for 3 nights. When I had some issues and called the manager, he solved all the problems except for the heating. It was very cold and I had to wear a winter jacket and a mask. I was provided with a blanket but it didn't help much.

• 24th Mar 2015

Everything was good except that the room smelled bad when I first arrived.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • China

This is not a social hostel at all. Beds were squeaky. There was no staff and service on the phone number was not helpful. Most of the people who stayed here were older.

==SOCIAL== Many of our guests enjoy the company in the hostel and make new friends. ==BEDS== Thank you for letting us know about the bed. We will check it. ==STAFF== We have a friendly housekeeping staff, and we are in the process of hiring a morning office aide. ==OLDER PEOPLE== We have guests from all ages that stay at our hostel.

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed in. Only positive is that place was clean enough. Dorm beds squeaked loudly on the slightest movement. Terrible customer service. They leave a number to call if you need any help, but I tried calling them twice. The first time, there was no answer; the second time, I was received by a man with an attitude who said that he could not do anything because he was "closed". This was at 8pm on a Saturday. Also, their "triples" are 8'x10' rooms with two beds only.

==DORM BEDS== Thank you for letting us know. We will check the mattresses. ==CUSTOMER SERVICE== This is a very busy hotel season in Salt Lake. If we miss a call from a guest, we always call back as soon as we can. Our office hours are listed on our website. We also have a friendly housekeeping staff, and are in the process of hiring a morning office aide. ==TRIPLES== The number of beds in each room is stated in each room description before you book.

There was no staff at the facility. However, Arthur (the owner) was easily accessible via phone for questions and concerns. Check in and checkout process was very simple and clearly stated.

Thank you for complimenting our check-in system and ease of access. We are also in the process of hiring an office staff that will be on the property weekday mornings.

View all Salt Lake City Hostels