7.1
Very Good 439 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 439 Total Reviews
Camelot Inn & Hostel Located at 165 West 800 South, , Salt Lake City.
USA
Salt Lake City Utah 84101 165 West 800 South
71% 439
40.7517110 -111.8960952
    Rooms available

5th May 2016

I enjoyed my stay here.it would have a 10 rating except I can't rate a staff which is practically non existent. It was well handled registration and lady on phone was very nice. However, that was not an interpersonal communication. No matter _ I really like the place.

• Australia, Male, 31-40
2nd May 2016

This place is great. I booked a private room. It's just like a shared house. Bed was really comfortable and facilities were good. The location was great and is in walkable distance of everything. The only bad thing is the wifi internet is very slow and was unusable at times.

• USA, Couple, 31-40
27th Apr 2016
4.3

The check in method was frustrating. There was no staff around at all, therefore no welcoming feeling of hospitality. It felt more like a weird and slightly creepy dorm room when everyone's on summer break. The lights were on all night in the hallways and we had to stick a towel under the door to block it. But the light from the sign/street was so bright through the curtain along with street noise that we ended up waking up at 3:30 am and leaving early. It sucked.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
29th Mar 2016

Er had a good time in Salt Lake City, but we never saw any person who workes at this place, everything is over computer and phone - kind of weird! But everything else is perfect, security is a big deal there, which I love! It was very clean, and the rooms are really comfortable!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Mar 2016
4.9

Creepy vibe. The whole time there, no one was staffed on location. This was expected, but we still thought people would be willing to help, especially with all the signs saying "anytime if you need anything!!!" And when we had a few questions, we got very rude service, with one time the phone was answered angrily with "we're closed!!!" STUDY the confirmation emails otherwise the process is confusing. There wasn't really a sense of community and we felt like we were stuffed in a stor

Sorry about that. We have disclosed in the description page that we do not have a front desk person- We have a self check in system. TESTIMONIAL I had never stayed in a hostel before, but I will now! Camelot was well organized, emails were responded to immediately. Keys and codes were delivered and were used with ease. I met one foreigner making soup at the stove and said hello. The bathroom was extremely clean and the room was pleasant. The instructions were clear and I slept comfortably. Many thanks. Georgia (8S)

• India, Male, 18-24
29th Feb 2016
6.9

OK, but false advertising The good: It exists. Towels provided. Doors work. Lights works. The bad: 1) The WiFi is unusable. Despite their claims of "blazing fast wifi", I found it so bad that I couldn't even load google.com 2) The whole place is fully automated. That means you never see a single human being. You may like this, but I certainly didn't. I think it's nice to have a human being hanging around, but they don't. There's no staff there at all. No one.

Sorry about your frustration with the WIFI. "I liked the ease and convenience of the unique "DIY" check-in and "invisible" personnel (who were always reachable by phone when needed). It felt more like a private apartment rather than a hotel. I will definitely stay here again when in town." Andrew Young Colorado, USA

• USA, Couple, 31-40
11th Feb 2016
8.0

Didn't see any staff, but the check in process was easy! 2 minute walk to the trax that will give you access to the ski bus' or downtown Salt Lake City.

• England, Couple, 25-30
28th Jan 2016

Great facilities and location. Very clean and tidy. I'd happily come back!

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Jan 2016
5.7

PROS: Short walking distance to public transpo/quick ride to DT SLC. Very very Quiet CHEAP CONS: There is NO staff present. You check yourself in & out. The process is difficult & tedious. The bathroom REEKS of mold, the rooms are freezing and there is NO HOT WATER. Good luck taking a decent shower. Amenities & lounge areas are minimal, location is around corner from dodgy, dangerous neighborhood & the calcium/dirt/Lyme buildup on the shower head will make you puke.

I'm sorry, but this doesn’t sound like you are talking about our place. We have high ratings of cleanliness and security; (1) Our bathrooms are extremely clean. (2) Our heating works fine, we have radiant heating. (3) Our hot water also works fine. (4) There is no calcium or lime build up in our showers. We will double check with the house keeper to make sure nothing else is going on. "The Camelot had many great amenities. I liked the freedom the hosts gave me as it was a self check-in and self check-out system. All one has to do is follow all the explicit directions for linen, and the checking-in and check-out procedures. I was very happy with my stay!" - Helen Jentzen, USA Thank you again for another wonderful night's stay. The room was clean, spacious and even equipped with a fan which was relieving. ... Once again, the kitchen area, restroom area and lounge were clean, convenient and appreciated. I used the stove top to prepare a meal this visit, and found the pots, stirring spoon, and dish washing supplies to very helpful and in good working condition. Upon checkout, the staff were friendly and the check-out procedure simple as was the check-in process. Thank you again and wish your growing establishment the best. Brian P. (8S) Idaho, USA I really enjoyed my stay here at this hostel. Everyone was incredibly nice, staff and guest made me feel very welcomed. The self-checkin was easy. ... It's also 60 steps from the closes trax station so you are free to basically ride the capable car anywhere in the city extremely fast. (BIG PLUS). Being a hostel you might think are cramped or everyone is in each others spaces/business but I felt like I was just at home. Very quite place and seriously it is great. its beyond clean EVERYWHERE, better then some 4 stars hotels I've stay at during the past. there are cameras at many places and they don''t just let anyone walk-in or come stay here so the quality of people just makes the ambiance of staying here that much better. It is a great standard to have. ... I liked my stay here very much and I defiantly will come back when I travel back to Salt Lake City. Michael L. Canada

• Australia, Male, 25-30
19th Jan 2016
6.6

Its clean, safe and warm. But has zero atmosphere thanks to the layout and lack of staff. No tours, or events are organized, and you cant even ask where to go for breakfast.