Camelot Inn & Hostel Reviews

165 West 800 South, Salt Lake City, USA

Check in was easy enough. I booked for a 4bed female dorm but I was the only person for 3 nights. When I had some issues and called the manager, he solved all the problems except for the heating. It was very cold and I had to wear a winter jacket and a mask. I was provided with a blanket but it didn't help much.

• 24th Mar 2015

Everything was good except that the room smelled bad when I first arrived.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • China

This is not a social hostel at all. Beds were squeaky. There was no staff and service on the phone number was not helpful. Most of the people who stayed here were older.

==SOCIAL== Many of our guests enjoy the company in the hostel and make new friends. ==BEDS== Thank you for letting us know about the bed. We will check it. ==STAFF== We have a friendly housekeeping staff, and we are in the process of hiring a morning office aide. ==OLDER PEOPLE== We have guests from all ages that stay at our hostel.

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed in. Only positive is that place was clean enough. Dorm beds squeaked loudly on the slightest movement. Terrible customer service. They leave a number to call if you need any help, but I tried calling them twice. The first time, there was no answer; the second time, I was received by a man with an attitude who said that he could not do anything because he was "closed". This was at 8pm on a Saturday. Also, their "triples" are 8'x10' rooms with two beds only.

==DORM BEDS== Thank you for letting us know. We will check the mattresses. ==CUSTOMER SERVICE== This is a very busy hotel season in Salt Lake. If we miss a call from a guest, we always call back as soon as we can. Our office hours are listed on our website. We also have a friendly housekeeping staff, and are in the process of hiring a morning office aide. ==TRIPLES== The number of beds in each room is stated in each room description before you book.

There was no staff at the facility. However, Arthur (the owner) was easily accessible via phone for questions and concerns. Check in and checkout process was very simple and clearly stated.

Thank you for complimenting our check-in system and ease of access. We are also in the process of hiring an office staff that will be on the property weekday mornings.

Ability to check in after midnight is very convenient.

• 22nd Jan 2015

Thank you for complimenting the convenience of our check-in system. We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay.

Was charged USD 5.80 for early check in. Arrived at 12 pm. Check in starts at 3pm. Which was funny cause the room was ready anyway and there was no person there to assist me. You check in yourself by entering your reference number at a computer. On the screen you will see your room number and the code to the key box which holds the key to your room. There was no actual person there that helped me. That could have really been for free, dear hostel. That's just a minor thing. It was perfect hostel

Thank you for praising our hostel. ==EARLY CHECK-IN== Our check-in time and early check-in fee are clearly listed in our terms and conditions; they need not be a surprise to any traveler. ==NO HELP== We have just hired a morning office aide to help guests who need it, and we have staff available by phone who can help during business hours. ==TESTIMONIALS== ...I had a very nice stay, staff really helpful. Simone Italy

Not really a party hostel. No true common areas or themes. Just a place to stay near downtown. Clean, decent sized single rooms. The kitchen is nice and there are washing and drying machines. Can be a bit noisy at times when people are shuffling about. Overall excellent value for the money if you want a nice spot to lay your head. Also, the staffless check in and out is actually quite convenient.

Thank you for complimenting our value, cleanliness, and check-in system. ==COMMON AREAS== There is a table and chairs in each of our two common areas where guests can visit. We also have benches outside for the warmer months. ==TESTIMONIALS== ...I made many fast friends during my stay at Camelot, friends I will have and cherish for years to come. Matt Deane New York, USA ...I enjoy sitting in the living room and chatting with the friends I just made there. Christine C. Taiwan

> Anyone who stayed previously can enter the house or even the rooms. Would it be possible to generate a 4 digit password every time someone checks in? At least a password for everyday. You would then only need to update the key box everyday. Still safety is then guaranteed > The beds creak very very badly at least in Room 13 and both nights I stayed I was woken up by people entering after a late night out

==SAFETY== Our security system is great- each door has two deadbolts; we haven't had any issues; this is why we are highly rated for security. ==BEDS== Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I have emailed our maintenance man to fix this problem. ==TESTIMONIALS== ...Very safe area, and the building is secure. Joey S England, UK ...Loved this place... especially for women - you feel safe Marianne V Oregon, USA

Really Nice place! Clean, organized and near trax (local public transport)

• 4th Oct 2014

Thank you for your sincere compliments!

View all Salt Lake City Hostels