Camelot Inn & Hostel Reviews

165 West 800 South, Salt Lake City, USA

The self checkin function was one I'd never seen before, and it as definitely user friendly and sped up the process. My only issue with it was that it removes a human face from the situation; there was no need to greet guests, which is one of the most important parts of hospitality. Thus, there was no one to show us around the premises, give us advice about the area and the hostels facilities. Other than that, the facilities themselves were well kept, clean and comfortable.

Excellent hostel. Easy to register on arrival.

• 9th Aug 2015

I simply didn't like it, I hated the service, I didn't like the non-human interaction. The Bed was bad and noisy, and I had to help someone figure it out how to get his key because of reservation issues. I simply quit on the first night since I couldn't stand it. Even for Reservation it was a Nightmare as I had to send my contact information while already on my trip....

I'm sorry you had a bad experience :-( We are investigating the problem with the male dorm bed. I will not rest until it is fixed. We want to make sure all our customers are happy. I wish you had called me when this happened, so I could have had a chance to make you happy :-) We have a self check-in to keep costs down, and give you a better value. TESTIMONIAL: "I feel like I stayed at my friend's house. I loved the self check-in system, it's fast and easy." ~Thodsaphon T., Thailand.

Will definitely come back! Great location!

• 16th Jul 2015

The checking in experience leaves little to be desired but once we were finally able to get our key the experience improved. We went in the middle of a hot streak in SLC so not having air conditioning in the room was uncomfortable at best but there was a small fan which helped. The Hostel was quiet and highly secured which was nice. The location wasn't great but pretty close to the places you'd want to go.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Great location, clean place. Very near the town centre. I arrived very late at night but everything was very clear and very well organised. Great place to stay!

• 18th Jun 2015

My stay at Camelot Inn was good, but I didn't like the self check-in at all. I came at the hostel during the night and I was very tired, the self check-in procedure was not so easy and the scanner didn't work. I had to use the phone to call a guy that was awake at 1 AM just to ceck the copy of my ID and give me the number of the room. I'm wondering why there is a self check-in when you need to call someone to check your ID and get the room number.

I did not have wifi between booking this hostel and arriving, upon arrival we had to find a cafe with wifi to get the access code and discovered we could not drop our bags unless we arranged to pay for a storage locker prior to arrival. We also felt quite uncomfortable with the thought of always being watched, since there is no staff on the premises the manager watches from somewhere I know there are cameras at other hostels for safety and security but this was creepy Most ppl stay in their room

My friend and I didn't like not being greeted by a person, we are not fond of the self checkin and the only communication between the managers/ staff is through email or phone. There is never a person on the premises to address issues. I had separate bookings for two nights and we could not use the common area between my room change and common sense and good customer service were not applied with email communication.

Based on being a guest for a single night: A good atmosphere and good value for money. Only drawback: the internet was down when we were staying over.

• 17th Apr 2015

I stayed for one night at the Camelot Inn & Hostel. This is a very impersonal place, as the check in is done entirely by computer, and there is literally NO STAFF there to greet you or answer any questions you may have. I did not like that. I had a small private room. My bed was OLD and not very comfortable. However, the place was CLEAN (unlike many Hostels) and it was a very good value for the money.

• 10th Apr 2015

Check in was easy enough. I booked for a 4bed female dorm but I was the only person for 3 nights. When I had some issues and called the manager, he solved all the problems except for the heating. It was very cold and I had to wear a winter jacket and a mask. I was provided with a blanket but it didn't help much.

• 24th Mar 2015

Everything was good except that the room smelled bad when I first arrived.

• 13th Mar 2015