Camino Verde Hostel and B&B Reviews

325m SW of the Supermarket, Santa Elena, Monteverde, Costa Rica

Great staff, helpful with suggestions for around the town but does not offer the best tour deals. Breakfast is outstanding. Wifi is strong in common area. Not centrally located but very close to the main strip. Beds are very comfortable and hot water is hot :)

This place was great! The staff (Ruben) was very nice and extremely helpful. He helped us book all of our outings. He recommended restaurants and coffee. It is located 5 min walk from the center and activities are just a few minute drive away, which the shuttles will drive you door to door anyway. Breakfast was included and very delicious. They sell affordable beer, wine and water. Great spot! Would definitely use this B

Good kitchen and common area Breakfast was good No wifi in the room Cleanliness of bed sheets could be improved Windows do not close completely and it was cold at night in the room. I would go back there

Thank you so much! My friend and I had such an amazing time and you made everything so convenient as far as setting up tours and being accommodating. I want to apologize for the rudeness of the other couple that shared our room with us. You guys were awesome and I would stay with you guys again in a heart beat. The breakfast was delicious too!

• 13th Jan 2015

The hosts are great - really helpful, knowledgable and friendly. They can help you book all the tours at the same prices with door to door pick ups included. Plus delicious free coffee all the time.

Casino Verde was the best hostel we stayed in during our CR/Nica trip, and it was only a few dollars more than some of those other places, but it was far superior quality. The breakfast is awesome and Jose and the other head guy were very helpful and solicitous, whether in arranging tours for us or making sure we had all the fruit we wanted for breakfast. Our private room was a little cramped but otherwise comfortable, and the whole place was nicely decorated. The wine for sale was also a plus.

The staff was really helpful & nice! Very knowledgeable on Monteverde and the rest of Costa Rica. The place was very clean, breakfast in the morning was delicious. Thank you!!

We really enjoyed our stay here, the staff (especially Jose) were all incredibly helpful and welcoming. Jose sat down with us upon check in, pointed out various "must sees/dos" on a map of the town, and aided us in making bookings for the various activities. A lovely facility, right in town, we would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others.

Great stay, wonderful people and really great location. Would definitely come again!

The hostel was great! The staff was friendly and very helpful!

We only stayed at Camino Verde for one night but it was great. The location was excellent because it wasn't right in the middle of town but was a 5 min walk (though through a dark back road at night) so it was quiet and had parking while being convenient. It was also probably the cleanest hostel we stayed during the trip. Jose and Andres were great and very helpful! Their eating option recommendations were right on and they helped us make the best of our short stay. Thank you Jose and Andres!

The best place we stayed in during our central America travels. Andres and Jose and the rest of the staff were super nice and helpful. Room clean and comfy and great breakfast! Wish could stayed longer to relax more :-) Hi from justyna n ewelina

A drying room for wet gear would be a very welcome addition.

I had an absolutely fantastic stay here. Jose was amazing! Shortly after booking he sent me a welcoming email, and offere to meet me at the bus station. Breakfast was fantastic,and there was alway coffee waiting. The staff were all wonderful and Jose was even able to arrange a shuttle for me later in my trip that I was having trouble arranging. Jose was able to assist in booking tours for the same price or cheaper than town except for Arenal hot springs which was slightly more.

Monteverde is such a unique location, and Camino Verde is the best spot to enjoy it. Jose (manager) assisted in coordinating two excellent days in the town, while providing us with unlimited coffee, a delicious breakfast and amazing views.

• 22nd Nov 2014

The staff was incredible. Jose talked us through everything to do in town, and went out of his way to help us on several occasions. Best included breakfast of any hostel I've stayed at. Rooms had ants sometimes, but they left us alone if we kept our stuff off of the floor.

Really awesome place, Andreas was extremely helpful and could not credit him enough. Decided to stay 2 nights instead of 1. Breakfast was amazing and free coffee / tea is a plus. Just a nice tranquil not too big b&b which is what i love about it.

I really loved this place Andres is very helpful and makes you feel like you are at home. Camino Verde is a very nice place compare to the other hostels in Monte Verde. Not only will you enjoy the cleanliness of your room but the hospitality of the family that runs this place as well. I would stay here again and recommend booking all tours with them. I will definitely recommend this place to friends and family

We are very happy you enjoyed staying here!! Hope you really enjoyed all the the activities too!

Andras looked after me as soon as I arrived at the B&B. It was early afternoon and in order for me to zip line and do the sky walk, I had to leave right away. Andras called a taxi for me which arrived within minutes, and told me to not worry about anything, I could just check in later when I returned from my adventure. The whole establishment was clean. My room was spotless and quiet (apart from the barking dog and the early rising rooster). Overall, it surpassed any previous B&B experience!

• 1st Nov 2014

This place is amazing. The room was spotless and very cosy (we were also upgraded free of charge as it quiet there at the time). Fantastic breakfast and kitchen facilities. Only wish we could have stayed longer!