Fabulous 436 Total Reviews
Fabulous 436 Total Reviews
Camino Verde Hostel and B&B Located at 325m SW of the Supermarket, Santa Elena, , Monteverde.
Costa Rica
Monteverde 325m SW of the Supermarket, Santa Elena
86% 436
10.3153045 -84.8266893
    Rooms available

23rd Apr 2016

Lovely stay. We arrive a little in the dark had no trouble finding it. Greeted by awesome jose' at the front who told us all about what we could do in the cloud forest. That same night he even upgraded us because they weren't too busy. The rooms and hostels atmosphere are amazing and the included breakfast not only had options but was very delicious and great portions. WiFi was good and the whole setup was a walk away from anything. Thank you Jose' and Andrés for making Monte verde special!!

• Canada, Mixed Group, 25-30
23rd Mar 2016

Amazing place, with an awesome view! Staff is very helpful and friendly. The rooms are really nice and the beds are super comfortable!!

• USA, Female, 25-30
28th Feb 2016

Staying at Camino Verde was definitely a highlight of my trip to Costa Rica. Jose was particularly helpful, and it's obvious that he cares a lot about helping people. My sister and I were able to stay an extra night, no problem. The complimentary coffee, view from the many windows, and well-equipped kitchen were just a few of the other reasons that Camino Verde was perfect for us! It was also within easy walking distance from the center of Monteverde.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
18th Feb 2016

Lovely staff. So helpful and fluent in English. They recommended a zip lining tour for my friend and myself. They even told us the proper clothes to wear, which made the excursion so much better! Hot cooked breakfast is included. Breakfast ranged from rice and beans to pancakes. Two restaurants next door too. Only down side is the B&B is on the outskirts of town.

30th Jan 2016
4.6

I was given a room below the dining area. Whenever someone would walk around or move a chair this would create a lot of noise. The hotel staff said that this was the last room but this is not really an excuse. Other guests had much better/quieter rooms.

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
10th Jan 2016

Fantastic experience here. Going down the list: Security was good. Friendly overnight guard to open a locked outer gate and inner doorway to rooms. Location, a walk away from the downtown area. Staff was out of this world. Andres was the manager during our trip, and not only helped with our stay but planned the rest of our week for when we left. Can't say enough about him. Atmosphere was just what we wanted. One of the cleanest places we stayed. Facilities were top notch, even had good wifi

• USA, Male, 31-40
10th Jan 2016

Very quaint hostel with lovely views. The rooms were clean, showers were hot, breakfast was delicious and Andre at the desk couldn't have been more cool and helpful! When he heard we were going to Montezuma after Monteverde and didn't have anywhere booked, he jumped on the case and took care of our itinerary for the whole next week! Really enjoyed my stay here!

2nd Jan 2016

Staff were kind and helpful. The facilities were clean, the food was great, and I slept safe. I felt the price was amazing for the quality. I loved the kitchen and outdoor seating area with amazing views. I also liked the fact that they were very eco friendly.

31st Dec 2015
2.6

This hostel let me book a room for three people and was only confirmed for two in the confirmation email. I tried emailing twice and I heard no response. I then called and they refused to refund me my money as I booked another hostel in the meantime and no longer needed the room because I didn't know if it was actually for three people. Though they made an error in their available bookings, I was penalized.

30th Dec 2015
6.9

This B&B was a bit pricey.. $55 a night for a private in an old building. You can hear the next room through the walls very clearly. They're very creaky and it's an old place. The free breakfast was tasty and Jose is very knowledgable about what to do around town.