Camino Verde Hostel and B&B Reviews

325m SW of the Supermarket, Santa Elena, Monteverde, Costa Rica

Owner was really nice and the people at the desk were incredibly helpful. Would definitely recommend this place to everyone. The breakfast that was included was amazing.

I loved my stay here. Everything was very clean and organized, with comfortable furniture and a wonderful staff. Breakfast was great, and Jose really went out of his way to help us with activities and planning our events. The only slight problem was that when I booked, I booked a 2 bed private, and was given and paid for a 3 bed private. Not a huge problem, because it was worth it even so. I'd definitely go back.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Fue un placer! My family and I really enjoyed our time at Camino Verde. It is a shame we weren't able to stay longer. We actually stayed there three years ago, but when I was making the reservation I didn't recognize the place because they have made so many beautiful improvements. It was a pleasant surprise to see a familiar place and the same friendly faces. Pura Vida!

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff: Helpful with booking activities in the area and answering our questions. Facilities: We didn't get a hot shower, but it happens

The place was really Nice, really neat and the staff was super friendly and the owner helped us a lot to find the greatest activities to do and always there to answer to questions. Definitly the best place to stay in monterverde!

Very friendly and helpful staff, helped us organise everything and were really understanding when we arrive tired after a 12 hour flight. Literally 2 minutes into town and some excellent and affordable sodas and a pizzeria next door. Not really a hostel but a great budget option.

Cannot say enough good things about Camino Verde, one of my favorite hostel/B&B's I've ever stayed in. Andres and his brother were extremely gracious hosts and incredibly helpful when it came to finding activities to do in Monteverde and even travel tips for the rest of Costa Rica. The room had an amazing view, was cleaned everyday, and the hot water was just right.

The place is fabulous and the staff courteous. The Manager Andres helped me plan my whole trip. The first place i stayed in Costa Rica and it made a lasting impression of the beautiful country.

• 11th Jun 2014

This place was amazing! So cute. Delicious breakfast that was substantial and included. Jose provided all kinds of information about places to eat and a map of the area with things to do. He booked everything for us without a problem! He was honest and gave great advice on what to do in the area. This was my favorite place we stayed in Costa Rica - absolutely recommend!!

The nicest hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff were exceptionally helpful and the facilities were fantastic. Amazing breakfast every morning and a short (5 minute) walk into town. Awesome restaurant ("soda") just two doors down as well called bonanzas. Absolutely loved this place.

Camino Verde is welcoming, clean, and hosted by a wonderfully friendly crew. The breakfast is great, the coffee is always fresh, and the beer is cheap. Most of all, Jose helped us maximize our time in Monteverde: we booked everything through him, then he completely managed the rides and admissions.

Staff here are so helpful with planning adventures or any other questions you have!! The location is good, very close to restaurants and grocery stores. Would definitely stay here again!

• 6th May 2014

Really friendly staff. Excellent breakfast options. Rooms on the smaller side but sufficient for short stays. Would highly recommend.

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The hostel was clean and staff were friendly and extermely helpful, especially with organsing day trips and giving tips on where to go and what to do. Great breakfast options and loved the free coffee throughout the day. Our room was a bit small and had little room to move around, however this wasn't a major concern for us as we preferred to hang out in the lobby/dining area.

• 29th Mar 2014