Camino Verde Hostel and B&B Reviews

325m SW of the Supermarket, Santa Elena, Monteverde, Costa Rica

A drying room for wet gear would be a very welcome addition.

I had an absolutely fantastic stay here. Jose was amazing! Shortly after booking he sent me a welcoming email, and offere to meet me at the bus station. Breakfast was fantastic,and there was alway coffee waiting. The staff were all wonderful and Jose was even able to arrange a shuttle for me later in my trip that I was having trouble arranging. Jose was able to assist in booking tours for the same price or cheaper than town except for Arenal hot springs which was slightly more.

Monteverde is such a unique location, and Camino Verde is the best spot to enjoy it. Jose (manager) assisted in coordinating two excellent days in the town, while providing us with unlimited coffee, a delicious breakfast and amazing views.

• 22nd Nov 2014

The staff was incredible. Jose talked us through everything to do in town, and went out of his way to help us on several occasions. Best included breakfast of any hostel I've stayed at. Rooms had ants sometimes, but they left us alone if we kept our stuff off of the floor.

Really awesome place, Andreas was extremely helpful and could not credit him enough. Decided to stay 2 nights instead of 1. Breakfast was amazing and free coffee / tea is a plus. Just a nice tranquil not too big b&b which is what i love about it.

I really loved this place Andres is very helpful and makes you feel like you are at home. Camino Verde is a very nice place compare to the other hostels in Monte Verde. Not only will you enjoy the cleanliness of your room but the hospitality of the family that runs this place as well. I would stay here again and recommend booking all tours with them. I will definitely recommend this place to friends and family

We are very happy you enjoyed staying here!! Hope you really enjoyed all the the activities too!

Andras looked after me as soon as I arrived at the B&B. It was early afternoon and in order for me to zip line and do the sky walk, I had to leave right away. Andras called a taxi for me which arrived within minutes, and told me to not worry about anything, I could just check in later when I returned from my adventure. The whole establishment was clean. My room was spotless and quiet (apart from the barking dog and the early rising rooster). Overall, it surpassed any previous B&B experience!

• 1st Nov 2014

This place is amazing. The room was spotless and very cosy (we were also upgraded free of charge as it quiet there at the time). Fantastic breakfast and kitchen facilities. Only wish we could have stayed longer!

I really appreciated the stay. Very nice place, rooms are clean. Breakfast was good (either eggs, fruit, toasts, pancakes, rice&beans...).

Staff was very nice, the location was a walking distance from town, excellent breskfeast!

Best hostel we stayed at in Costa rica. Excellent Gallo pinto for breakfast. Really good value for money.

Simply a wonderfull place to stay!

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Norway

Very clean bed and breakfast, excellent value for money. Even though there's common facilities, there is not much atmosphere. They have available coffee and tea all day, a very nice thing after the eco activities of the day.

Owner was really nice and the people at the desk were incredibly helpful. Would definitely recommend this place to everyone. The breakfast that was included was amazing.

I loved my stay here. Everything was very clean and organized, with comfortable furniture and a wonderful staff. Breakfast was great, and Jose really went out of his way to help us with activities and planning our events. The only slight problem was that when I booked, I booked a 2 bed private, and was given and paid for a 3 bed private. Not a huge problem, because it was worth it even so. I'd definitely go back.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Fue un placer! My family and I really enjoyed our time at Camino Verde. It is a shame we weren't able to stay longer. We actually stayed there three years ago, but when I was making the reservation I didn't recognize the place because they have made so many beautiful improvements. It was a pleasant surprise to see a familiar place and the same friendly faces. Pura Vida!

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Staff: Helpful with booking activities in the area and answering our questions. Facilities: We didn't get a hot shower, but it happens

The place was really Nice, really neat and the staff was super friendly and the owner helped us a lot to find the greatest activities to do and always there to answer to questions. Definitly the best place to stay in monterverde!

Very friendly and helpful staff, helped us organise everything and were really understanding when we arrive tired after a 12 hour flight. Literally 2 minutes into town and some excellent and affordable sodas and a pizzeria next door. Not really a hostel but a great budget option.

Cannot say enough good things about Camino Verde, one of my favorite hostel/B&B's I've ever stayed in. Andres and his brother were extremely gracious hosts and incredibly helpful when it came to finding activities to do in Monteverde and even travel tips for the rest of Costa Rica. The room had an amazing view, was cleaned everyday, and the hot water was just right.