Camino Verde Hostel and B&B Reviews

325m SW of the Supermarket, Santa Elena, Monteverde, Costa Rica

This is an awesome family owned business. The included breakfast is very yummy and Andres the receptionist/owner is very helpful and nice. Highly recommend!

Andres was wonderful to work with, thank you so much for your hospitality and your recommendations for Isaiah and I. This time in Monte Verde was the highlight of our stay in Costa Rica--thank you for making this possible. We felt very much at home with your friendliness, atmosphere and ability to use the kitchen. You have got a great family business, I hope you can incorporate your beautiful wife into more of the guest hospitality services--without sacrificing your time as newlyweds!! Thanks

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We really enjoyed our stay here! Jose was an absolutely amazing host- super informative and professional, and took the time to explain activities and the surrounding area at length. Room was small but very clean, good shower in shared bathroom, breakfast had a good selection in a nice and bright restaurant area. 5-10 walk into town for good eateries. Jose organised all of our activities and made our quick stay in Costa Rica very satisfying. This is a chilled B&B and highly recommend it!

Nice place, great staff. We stayed in a private double room with shared bath and unfortunately the room was very small. Apart from that it was a nice stay, there are other rooms that are bigger and breakfast was fantastic!

So clean and amazing views! Breakfast was great, and it's a short walk from the main part of town. Very quiet, the room had a power strip in it which was very convenient. The manager Jose is amazing and so helpful for booking activities. Of all the hostels I stayed in on this trip, this was my favorite.

Camino Verde was great. Breakfast was good. It was really clean and nice, and the guy at the front desk was very helpful in setting up things for us to do. It's a short walk from downtown (5 minutes).

Friendly staff, comfy common area, delicious breakfast (eggs, pancakes, fruit!$)! A perfect hostel, and not a party hostel (common spaces close at 9pm).

Jose was the best. Highly recommend staying there and booking whatever activities you want through him!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Camino Verde was clean, functional, and centrally located. The people who worked here were more like hosts than staff. I felt like I was being welcomed to someone's home. They take the time to fully answer any questions you might have and you can tell they genuinely want you to enjoy your trip.

• 13th Apr 2015

Clean rooms, great breakfast, nice staff, good opportunity for booking activities and tours around Monteverde as well as shuttles to other cities, big supermarket close by.

Breakfast service was great. The room itself was not so great but it was decent.The decor is old style. No AC only a small fan so the room got really hot. You can't open a window, there's only a small square in the window that lets air in. I paid for a private room but got suck with a cramped private room with 3 beds. I was not happy with that. The shower water did not get hot either. Did not like the cold shower. However, the service we got there made up for it. The staff was really nice.

I loved my stay at Camino Verde. The place is nice and quiet, the view is magnificent, the breakfast are included and delicious and of a good size, the rooms are confortable and clean, and the staff (especially Ever Gomez) was very nice. We were welcomed nicely and all our activities in Monteverde were organised in the blink of an eye, with shuttle taking us in front of the door. Thanks for all!

Simply the best hostel and b