Camino Verde Hostel and B&B Reviews

325m SW of the Supermarket, Santa Elena, Monteverde, Costa Rica

I was given a room below the dining area. Whenever someone would walk around or move a chair this would create a lot of noise. The hotel staff said that this was the last room but this is not really an excuse. Other guests had much better/quieter rooms.

Fantastic experience here. Going down the list: Security was good. Friendly overnight guard to open a locked outer gate and inner doorway to rooms. Location, a walk away from the downtown area. Staff was out of this world. Andres was the manager during our trip, and not only helped with our stay but planned the rest of our week for when we left. Can't say enough about him. Atmosphere was just what we wanted. One of the cleanest places we stayed. Facilities were top notch, even had good wifi

• 10th Jan 2016

Very quaint hostel with lovely views. The rooms were clean, showers were hot, breakfast was delicious and Andre at the desk couldn't have been more cool and helpful! When he heard we were going to Montezuma after Monteverde and didn't have anywhere booked, he jumped on the case and took care of our itinerary for the whole next week! Really enjoyed my stay here!

• 10th Jan 2016

Staff were kind and helpful. The facilities were clean, the food was great, and I slept safe. I felt the price was amazing for the quality. I loved the kitchen and outdoor seating area with amazing views. I also liked the fact that they were very eco friendly.

This hostel let me book a room for three people and was only confirmed for two in the confirmation email. I tried emailing twice and I heard no response. I then called and they refused to refund me my money as I booked another hostel in the meantime and no longer needed the room because I didn't know if it was actually for three people. Though they made an error in their available bookings, I was penalized.

This B&B was a bit pricey.. $55 a night for a private in an old building. You can hear the next room through the walls very clearly. They're very creaky and it's an old place. The free breakfast was tasty and Jose is very knowledgable about what to do around town.

wow what a lovely stay even though I booked for just one night, they helped me out with everthing!!! Family run Hostel! Thank you guys!!!

We enjoyed our stay with you and we would come back again

• 23rd Nov 2015

Jose, the hostel manager, was an absolute delight!!! Always joking and laughing around, super helpful, he made our stay at this beautiful hostel all the better.

• 17th Nov 2015

Such a wonderful experience! The staff was so warm and inviting, the rooms clean and cozy, and they set us up for 2 tours!

The reception and breakfast area is in a different place than the room - besides being close, you got to walk through a corridor and cross the street. We had to switch rooms 2 times - they had a terrible smell, and didn´t seem to be clean enough. It can get noisy when people are walking by, or hanging out their rooms.

Another great stay at Santa Elena. The place is in a very quite location, comfortable rooms and great breakfast. It will get even better with the coming addition of mountain view patio and new rooms. Andres is wonderful host and great person. You will enjoy your stay.

5 Stars isn't enough. If you're planning on staying in Monteverde this is the place. Andres and all the staff were extremely helpful in resolving all of our issues and making sure our stay was as pleasant as possible. Went far above and beyond our expectations on more than one occasion.

Nice and clean hostel, our triple room was not super-spacious but more than enough for our needs (if you bring big luggage be aware). Bathroom was clean as well as the room. Hostel is not right in the "city center" but nothing is too far. The balcony-view is not as good as shown in the picture, but in general is very cozy hostel. Good breakfast. They have info for all the attractions nearby and they can easily arrange logistics for you (like any other hostel/hotel in the area I think).

Front desk is extremely helpful, but his manner is a bit brisk. Don't be put off!

• 5th Oct 2015

Really great place and Jose was amazing. Having breakfast in the mornings was a nice touch. The only downside is the lack of a hammock!

This is a quiet little hostel in a good location. The breakfast is good and it's close to a lot of activities and some good sodas. That said, I feel we overpaid for the room we got. Jose was helpful, but off-putting. He is curt and a little pushy. He acted as though he was doing us a favor for things that are completely standard in all hostels I've been to.

• 30th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Really good breakfast in the morning (we were gutted when we have to leave before breakfast on our last day). We stayed in a triple. It didn't have enough space for us and our bags. The internet was strong and reliable and the free tea and coffee is a nice touch. We booked tours at the front desk. Competitively priced in dollars, but the 'official' rate they use to convert to colones is poor. It ends up adding a few $$ to each booking. The place is well maintained, but our bathroom had flies.

This is an awesome family owned business. The included breakfast is very yummy and Andres the receptionist/owner is very helpful and nice. Highly recommend!

The double private room is definitely to small and one toilet and one shower are definitely not enough for so many beds..