Camory Backpackers Hostel Reviews

#167 Sisowath Quay, Sangkat Phsar Kandla 1 Khun Doun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Fantastic hostel, great location on the riverbank within walking distance of Wat Phnom and the Royal Palace, and with tuk-tuks available for longer treks (Killing Fields, Tuol Sleng, etc). If you're looking for a place to meet people this probably isn't it, there were no other guests in the dorm when I was here. It's very clean, nice bathrooms with hot showers, air con and fans in the dorm, and a riverfront balcony. Highly recommended for anyone looking for a quiet place in Phnom Penh!

This hostel has a very big and clean dorm. The beds are spacious. There is a terrace with a view on the river. There is also a bar on the first flooor but I have never seen anybody in it. I've stayed here two times and the second time I was the only guest in the entire hostel (hence the rating of the atmosphere as average, there was apparently a staff wedding) and then you realize how big the dorm is.

Location wasn't far from some of the popular bars in PP, but you wouldn't know that from the outside. Takes a little bit of a walk to get there, but not a problem if you know what you're looking for. Rooms were very large. Beds were large and comfortable. Each one had its own privacy curtain, outlet, and light. Bathroom was shared with the whole hostel. Find if you are on that floor, a bit of a pain to walk down with all of your stuff.

Perfect location along the river, spotless rooms and bathrooms, big lockers to store backpacks (although no locks on dorm doors). Only complaint is that I booked the 5-bed dorm, but was put in the 12-bed room. The second night, the staff told me I had to switch to the 5-bed dorm because there was a leak in the 12-bed room. When I went to move my stuff, I found that a big group had checked in to the 12-bed- no leak. I don't mind moving rooms, but the dishonesty was unprofessional.