Camory Backpackers Hostel Reviews

#167 Sisowath Quay, Sangkat Phsar Kandla 1 Khun Doun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Location wasn't far from some of the popular bars in PP, but you wouldn't know that from the outside. Takes a little bit of a walk to get there, but not a problem if you know what you're looking for. Rooms were very large. Beds were large and comfortable. Each one had its own privacy curtain, outlet, and light. Bathroom was shared with the whole hostel. Find if you are on that floor, a bit of a pain to walk down with all of your stuff.

Perfect location along the river, spotless rooms and bathrooms, big lockers to store backpacks (although no locks on dorm doors). Only complaint is that I booked the 5-bed dorm, but was put in the 12-bed room. The second night, the staff told me I had to switch to the 5-bed dorm because there was a leak in the 12-bed room. When I went to move my stuff, I found that a big group had checked in to the 12-bed- no leak. I don't mind moving rooms, but the dishonesty was unprofessional.

I stayed at Camory for 3 nights. The hostel is well located on the riverfront, close to bars and restaurants. The female dorm is a nice size with single beds (no bunks). The only complaint is that the stairs to the female dorm are *very* steep, but this was not too much of an issue. There are powerpoints at each bed and a small lamp. There are also large lockers with a shelf, so it was more like a cupboard - amazing! The included breakfast was also incredible - akin to an expensive hotel.