Camory Backpackers Hostel Reviews

#167 Sisowath Quay, Sangkat Phsar Kandla 1 Khun Doun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I stayed at Camory for 3 nights. The hostel is well located on the riverfront, close to bars and restaurants. The female dorm is a nice size with single beds (no bunks). The only complaint is that the stairs to the female dorm are *very* steep, but this was not too much of an issue. There are powerpoints at each bed and a small lamp. There are also large lockers with a shelf, so it was more like a cupboard - amazing! The included breakfast was also incredible - akin to an expensive hotel.

A very clean and well located hostel. Great staff. Good security as it's above a restaurant which you walk through to get upstairs to hostel. Great choice of included breakfast available there in the morning. Also handy for grabbing lunch/dinner if you're not out and about. Quite a few flights of stairs to be aware of. Female dorm (5 quite big single beds) is on a mezzanine floor above the mixed dorm. Doesn't have a door lock but big sized lockers are provided for backpacks.

Great Food, Staff and Bed!

We prenotated for 2 nights at this hostel and when we arrived, they said that it was all fully booked. The manager and the staffs were very helpful to us and she recommended to check inn into another hostel without informing us the danger on the street But when we arrived there the place was so creepy, dangerous, dirty and stinky. There were children running inside and out of the rooms without lock, no lockers available and a crazy girl receptionist. She looks nice at the very first impression

Great staff, beautiful rooms, awesome people.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff was really great and it was a nice, clean and comfortable hostel.

This was the best hostel I stayed at on my 2 week trip in Cambodia. The staff is amazing and I had the chance to talk to the owner many times who is very kind! The facilities are clean (sleeping area, bathrooms, hallway) and there's a nice view of the river from the balcony. I was very impressed with the hostel's breakfast menu which is included in the price. Great selection and value for your money. Decided to go back to the hostel a 2nd time because my stay was so positive.

The hostel is above a bakery/restaurant so the food is good, but the hostel part seems to be a bit of an afterthought with the restaurant as the main business. It's a bit hard to find if your tuk tuk driver doesn't know where it is because the restaurant sign outside has backpackers in tiny letters at the bottom of the sign. The stairs and room were a little grubby but the communal showers and toilets were really clean.