Camping Fabulous Reviews

Via C. Colombo km 18, Rome, Italy

It was noisy around bar ALL night. People wereven partying until 4:30am RUFKM?

• 26th Sep 2014

I was here half September and the gelateria was already closed... I've booked the 2-bed tent. The quality of the beds was extremely poor...I had to put the blanket under my bedsheets to avoid feeling the spiral of the bed. Further there was a machine close to the tents (I think it was the airco for the market) which made a lot of noise, really annoying! Woke up a few times per night because of the loud sound of this machine. Further the campsite is nice and clean, I like the swimmingpools.

Super nice little two bed tent we stayed, had to walk only like 25 feet to get to bathroom and 10 feet to the bar. Right off a Main Street, so easy to just hop on a bus and go.

Stayed in a 2 bed tent for approx 1 week. It was very close to where all the people pass juring the day and night, so there was a constant sound of traffic and not alot of privacy. Also the facilities generator pumps would create an inceasing annoying noise that never seemed to stop. So all up I enjoyed the experiene, however if your planing on camping in a tent then I would not recommend it as you never get any peace with all the noise of traffic both on the highway and in the facilities.

There was no Wi-Fi included in the price, so we bought us some internet, but we were not satisfied about the service! They told us it costs 5 euro for 15 days, but we stayed only 2. They charged us the same price (10 euros in total) and the Wi-Fi didn't even work most of the time due to technical problems! This was very poor service!

Very conveniently located near the city centre. Service is 24*7! Very friendly and excellent staff. Amazing experience. Got more than what I paid for. :)

Great location with great atmosphere for their cost!!! very beautiful place and it is convimient to get there, very clear road map))

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Ukraine

It's a perfect. Everyone must stay at least one more time in their life. Excellent atmosphere in camping. Location is far to center but transport is easy

Very far out of the city. Not really a social place for people in their 20's as it is more of a family get-away place

that's perfect camping place. Just only a bit far away from the centre. I would like to recommend this place for those who want to experience camping atmosphere and have small budget to stay in Rome.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Vietnam

You feel very comfortable at this place. Pluses - straight bus line to Rome (like 20 km), facilities, great pool, calm atmosphere, professional staff. When you book this place you hardly make a mistake.

Generally good. Except for the location (far from the centre), and wifi, which works unstably!

Location is VERY far from the city centre, takes up to an hour and a half if you need to wait for the bus. Campsite itself is good though, has a supermarket, bar, restaurant and cafe, a pool, and travel booking desks. Wifi only in common areas, and even then, didn't work at the restaurant for me and a couple friends. The Romanian guy working night shifts is absolutely lovely, super friendly, will go out of his way to try to help you.

Really good and cheap place. Recommend to all.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Its a no brainer i will come to stay here if i were you! Its fun to stay in a campsite, the only downside is that it takes around one hour max to the city center. But its very easy you can take the metro and change for the bus and the stop is right in front of the campsite. most important is that the place is big and clean, so you are not paying for a 20€ hostel and live in a dumpster. i stayed 2 nights in a small tent which is nice. every morning you can go to the swimming pool.

I rated LOCATION for Camp Fabulous as 'poor' because pedestrian access to the camp site has not been give proper attention. One must walk 300 meters to the entrance of the camp from the bus stop on via Cristofero Colombo along a busy side street with no sidewalk. I witnessed several people attempting this while trundling a suitcase. It was a very unsafe situation. Location was very good in every other respect.

There is nothing to complain about our stay in Camping Fabulous. I was impressed by it's facilities, there are a lot of activities to do, everything was clean. We went there backpacking to visit Rome, thus we were a little concerned about the location (it is indeed far from city's cente), however it's very easy to get there by bus.

Very nice place and really huge camp. 20 minutes from metro EUR FERMI, than 10 minutes to the center of Rome (Colosseo). Free swimming pool but only from 10AM to 18PM. We had the smallest tent in the camp, but almost 9 square meters with 3 beds. For the price and only pass the night excellent. Bus station 200 meters from camp, bus goes every 30 minutes, but most of buses are over-fulled. Only chance is go to the center before 9AM.

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Czech Republic

It's nice place for relax out of city, but it's very far from city centre. It's cheaper to stay here, but I have to spend more money to take taxi or bus.It's so horrible that there's no toilet paper in toilets.the first day there is no free wifi, the other guy share tent with me spent 5 euro to use internet cause there was another wifi.even if you have a bike, it's terrible to go to airport, if you want to take bus in camping site to airport with bike,you need pay double price.

Staff were really friendly. Pool and restaurant were really nice. A bit of a damp smell in the caravan although it was good value for money. A suggestion would be to have some plates/bowls/cutlery in the caravan. Only real problem is the bus service. The journey itself is fine. It does take about 40 minutes to the Termini but that is once you have waited for the irregular bus.