Camping La Sfinge Reviews

Localita Gea 5, La Spezia, Deiva Marina,19013, Cinque Terre, Italy

We stayed in a tent with just beds inside. Atmosphere was nice and quiet. Only electricity could be in the tent so we could charge our devices.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

Great value. A very fun experience, very clean and it was convenient to Cinque Terre. WiFi was the best connection that we have had all through Italy. The only thing that I would improve on is to add some lockers because I did not like leaving my stuff in the tent.

We spent one night in the fornitured tent and we really enjoyed our staying. I would like to be back one day.

Nice place, the free shuttle is great. The only thing is that we woke up in the morning because of some roosters and a donkey... Probably a farm near from the camping. WiFi is free but only at the reception. Market prices are way too high but there's another market right across the street.

We have been camping quite a lot in USA and this is the best site we have seen! Great value and super lovely. Clean! We needed to escape the city heat and crowds so we opted for camping. This place was ideal. Just a few short train stops from cinque terre towns (4 euro one way). Deiva marina beach is quite nice! Free shuttle from train station to the campsite. I emailed the site beforehand and they shared the shuttle schedule. Unlike others, I found the shuttle to be punctual and convenient!

I had to pay for both beds in my tent.

Good if you're an Italian or know Italian, But not the best place for a backpacker Inconvenient women's washrooms need sanitary napkin garbages in stalls

A great, inexpensive alternative to staying in one of the 5 towns! Staff was super nice and even added a shuttle time to help my friend and I catch our train. Pretty easy to get to and from the park in about 20 mins. Wifi was good, but only near the reception. I'd recommend staying here!

Camp Sfinge was such an awesome place to stay because its atmosphere was so relaxed and we could just chill out. The staff where very friendly and helpful for everything we needed. The free bus shuttle that is offered is extremely convenient especially offering an earlier shuttle so as we could catch our train to rome. The 'Tent' room is great even though its very basic the bed we amazingly comfortable. Overall comment - super place to stay!

La Sfinge was wonderful. The staff was terrific. They let us leave our back after we checked out so we didn't have to tote it around Cinque Terre. They were helpful with tips on were to go and with the bus and train schedule.

• 14th Jul 2015

A little different than your average party hostel as expected. Good facilities. A little out of the way but the free bus and shuttle make that fine. Plus the staff are very flexible with the free shuttle van - always there to help you get where you need! Great place for couples, good for lone wolves if you are keen to chill out but not to meet young people to party with

Great value for money, shuttle bus was excellent. Our tent had lots of insects, so we woke up covered in bites!

• 13th Jul 2015

la sfinge was perfect for what we were looking for, it was a great price and had all that you could need however the free shuttle bus left a very random times. it left earlier than we were told one day and wasn't coming for over an hour resulting in us having to walk to the camp site. there is no electricity in the tents so bring a torch but this wasn't really a problem for us. overall we really enjoyed our stay

• 10th Jul 2015

Great atmosphere and clean area. The beds were really comfortable compared to any of the other hostels we have stayed in.

Me and my friend stayed here for 2 nights and we enjoyed it really much! We rented a tent and it was really nice (good foundation and even a proper lock on the door). Free bus shuttle was very nice as well. Relaxed atmosphere and nice people. Cinque Terre is really beautiful and the beach at Deiva Marina was nice to relax and swim.

• 7th Jul 2015

We were very impressed with our cabin for the first two nights, and the tent for the third night was actually pretty good too compared to some of the other camping hostels we've stayed at. They offer a shuttle service, which is nice, but it was frustrating that sometimes the shuttle just didn't show. The walk can be dangerous and without sidewalks and lighting. The Wifi area could sure use some picnic tables. The market and people staying long term were lovely.

• 6th Jul 2015

Such a great value for how close it is to the Cinque Terre! The staff is extremely friendly and kind, and the market and showers on the property are nice and clean. I wish the shuttle/bus from the station to the camp site ran a bit earlier in the morning and a bit more frequently, but it was absolutely worth it. So great!!

• 3rd Jul 2015

This place is amazing!

Really nice, relaxed campsite. Tents very clean, beds comfy, clean bathrooms, great free bus service that runs on time, friendly staff, little shop. You have to use wi-fi at a little cabin by the entrance, but I welcomed the excuse from not being on my computer for most of my stay! It was truly a getaway. The nearest village is a 3 minute train ride. You'll have to wait a bit between the shuttle and the train, but the train ride is short and the area is beautiful.

• 27th Jun 2015

Very basic place, a bit far away but great access to the free shuttle. Had everything we needed. No power in the cabins (wasn't an issue for us). Would've been nice if there was some sort of camp kitchen, the have a mini food store with ingredients but nowhere to cook anything. Wifi only works in reception area but we barely used it anyway and it worked well when we did. Other than that we had a great stay. Cheap accomodation if you're wanting to see the Cinque Terre, much cheaper.

View all Cinque Terre Campsites