Camping La Sfinge Reviews

Localita Gea 5, La Spezia, Deiva Marina,19013, Cinque Terre, Liguria, Italy

Everything was perfect! We chose this camping as a budget alternative to staying in La Cinque Terre and we did not regret a little bit - the camping was great, peaceful place to rest after the whole day of visiting, the staff was super friendly, our small wooden cottage was the cutest thing ever - we were absolutely satisfied with everything!!

• 12th Sep 2013
  • Poland

In average our stay was very good, however one of the mattresses in my cabin was not good. I requested it to be changed but nothing was done about this matter. Otherwise the staff was super friendly and location was very good to visit the CInque Terre.

• 24th Aug 2013

Location is about a 10 minutes bus ride (free bus in town) to the train station, from there it's just 10-15 minutes to Cinque Terre. No restaurants close to the campground and there's not many near the beach either (plus some of them are quite expensive). Staying in one of the wooden cabins was quite nice though (kitchen inside). Toilets and Showers were nice and clean.

• 21st Aug 2013
  • Austria

A cheap option for those who want to visit the Cinque Terre with a low budget. The tents just had two (very uncomfortable single beds), nothing else. The tents were not closed properly so any insects where welcome inside. The shuttle bus runs quite often in summer so we had no problems for going to the train station and catch the trains. Bathrooms were clean and the atmosphere in the camping was good though.

Great atmosphere, great staff, great campsite!

• 19th Aug 2013

No security, some guys tried to come into our tent while we slept.

• 18th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

The site was too far from Deiva Marina and the free shuttle bus was unreliable. Bus doesnt run between 11 and 3 so if you miss the morning bus you are stranded. To top that off the shop is also shut during that time and the food machine didnt work, we had no breakfast or water. We decided to do some clothes washing it cost us 8 euro. Upon departure we had a 10am bus to catch, went to catch a taxi at 8am, no taxis ava at deiva marina, no assistance from the manager either, we had to walk.

Had a fantastic time staying here it was the much needed rest we had been waiting on , we felt like we'd completely escaped the world, the wifi is really bad but there is free computers. Great shuttle service and cheap town to stay in close proximity to cinque terre aswell. Loved the stay!

Second time I've stayed here and it is still brilliant value for money, nice and helpful staff. Clean facilities throughout, handy little shop on site. Good bus connection to and from train station which is not too far from Cinque Terre National Park. Comfortable beds in pre-erected tents. Would definitely stay again :)

Wifi did not work once for me neither my friend or anyone I spoke to. There were two computers available free of charge but they had had limited opening hours and often used by kids watching movies. Staff were not friendly and atmosphere was lacking. The camp site had beautiful surroundings. Family friendly, I would recommend this campsite for families who don't care about wifi.

We really like the idea of the pre-set up tents. Nice location by the hills of Deiva Marina. Very regular shuttle buses so never have to walk to town (quite far). The shop is great, not expensive in comparison to the shop in town. Staff were really helpful. Would be excellent if they had a camp kitchen.

Best bed ever and nice bathrooms for a campsite. Not in cinque terre but easy to get to if you can figure out their bus system. Wifi only in the main area, not a hostel vibe, but an enjoyable campsite.

Great Staff! Great Acomodations! Only hoped it was closer to the center, but other than that, amazing place!

Great and cheap alternative to visit cinque terre. Rooms and beds were unexpectedly comfortable. Cannot rely on the bus schedule (both the public busses and campground one) but if you're not easily phased it wont bother you. Just be careful if you need to be somewhere on time, apparently all bus drivers stop working from midday to 2:30 pm.

Good facilities, good price, not really a camping atmosphere though. More like a mini town( in August at least) . Concerts every night right next door til midnight...

I have called the camp around 5pm to ask if they have tent available for that evening. Their female employee told me they do have it, we can come at any time since the receptions works until 9pm and the night guard will let us in, and we can sort all check in details in the morning. I find that very hospitable and professional. Especially since we had some bad experiences previous year with camps in Italy.

• 2nd Aug 2013
  • Croatia

Great campsite with courtesy bus to the station/beach. Tent fine with table and chairs provided outside . Well run and very clean. Good shop with everything you need. Although boiling hot in August at night was cool and slept well in comfortable beds. Basic but good value to see the area. Last bus back to site is now around 10 pm. Mixed clientele.

• 1st Aug 2013

good place to stay for visiting cinque terre, no kitchen facilities however.

The staff were so kind and helpful!

Not included on the cinque terre pass for transit. But over all very clean, quiet. I don't like hostels so this was good for me. Good value for money. Hot showers. 45 minute walk if you miss shuttle but I never minded the walk. I almost never took the shuttle cause I liked the walk.

« first « Prev 1 2 3