Camping Rialto Reviews

Via Orlanda,16 Campalto, Campalto, Venice, Veneto, Italy

It was good for one night. The twin cabins were cold because they are not completely sealed and the heater doesn't heat the whole space. The bathrooms and showers were clean and not too far of a walk. The but ride out there wasn't too bad and people were nice in telling us where to get off because there is more than one stop for Orlanda. Only one outlet, so charging a phone while having the heater on at night is not an option. Fee for Wifi and only in bar area. Staff were helpful for bus info.

This was my first-time staying in a hostel, and I was really impressed. They were very responsive by e-mail, it was accessible by bus, the grounds were well-maintained, the facilities were clean and new, and the staff was fairly helpful with everything. It was also a really nice atmosphere meeting other travelers. One negative, one of the staff members had a fairly low English level, so there was a lot of mis-communication. Also, wifi was not free and it was cold, but otherwise very good.

• 11th Apr 2014

Everything was great, the only thing to be worked on is that the internet signal cant be reached from the chalets, you have to go to a internet area, but biside that I would totally recomend sd I would certainly go back. If you are going to Venice in cold days, than I recomend yoy to look for another place, because the chalets are a bit cold and the duvets are not warm enough.

• 9th Apr 2014

My friend and I stayed here, and it was her first experience with a hostel. She loved it! It was wonderful! Quiet and so very clean! Staff were friendly and helpful . Some tips: coming from the main station, don't get off on the first orlanda stop...wait until you see the campsite, it's a bit of a trek otherwise, and don't bother with the wifi card: It's slow and unrealible.

It was a very fun place to stay. The location is very good! But the little cabins were a bit cold, even with the tiny heater on.

Good place!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Colombia

No lamp inside the camp, I really feel like camping in a jungle

STAY AWAY. I can imagine this place would kind of cool in the summer months if you're into that sort of thing, but for any month before June in the calandar year I would highly suggest finding alternate accommodations. It's as clean as it can get for a camp site I suppose, but there is no common area, very very little security, bugs EVERYWHERE, and it is not actually IN Venice (a bus ride away, but tickets add up). After one awful night, I found a different hostel.

The camping itself is clean and convenient,offers different types of accommodation-it's your choice-and needed facilities for a very good price. It's 15 min by bus from Venice central bus station - so if you want to feel the spirit of the legendary city it's a must to live within it's borders - not in Mestre or Lido etc. Also the camping is summer accommodation: we stayed there thru carnival - in winter- and froze to death. The cabin was heated but with flaws between the planks it didn't save us

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Russia

good value for the money, but very cold in the colder months. but can imagine it would be ideal in the summer

I stayed in the 2 person cabin. They come with little heaters but do no good when it's under 50° outside at night. Also it rained one night we stayed and the whole main road in the campground flooded a good 4 inches. So if you plan on going in the winter/rainy season you might want to consider elsewhere. But in warmer weather it couldn't reccomend a better place to stay for a great price!

I had a good time a little cold during the nights but it wasn't too bad. Everything was very clean and the staff helpful and polite. I will definitely recommend this site to others.

• 28th Feb 2014

Unfortunately too cold for chalets in february, despite of heater

You get your money's worth. The bus to Venice is not long and pretty reliable. Only issue I had was the lack of heating in the tiny cabin room. It was very cold during the night and all there was to warm us up was a tiny space heater that hardly did anything. If you're planning on staying, definitely consider this place, but only during the warmer months.

we love the cabin we live. That's very intereting. And the staff is very helpful. The bus from the train station to the Camping Rialto is very convenient. I love here. strongly recommendation!

• 19th Oct 2013
  • China

Brilliant place. Very close to Venice and really easy too get the bus in. Plus it is really really cheap and the facilities are brilliant.

• 18th Oct 2013

The cabins are freezing cold woke up several times during the night shivering. They do provide a heater but it is so loud that sleeping with it on is practically impossible. Hostel is completely reliant on the bus service, which is typically unrealiable. One of the days they weren't running but luckily they run a shuttle at a cost. No kitchen facilities. Toilets and showers were really clean and wifi works well in the bar area. Hard to find reasonably priced accomodation in Venice, not too bad