Camping Rialto Reviews

Via Orlanda,16 Campalto, Campalto, Venice, Italy

Really cute cabins and nice clean new facilities. Only down side is it gets a little cold at night (staying in spring) and they provide only 1 blanket. We had the little provided heater on all night and it was just warm enough but I wouldn't want to be there in winter without a sleeping bag! Great place though with an onsite pizzeria!

• 18th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

I had a great time at this site. The staff were awesome and I met great people. Bathrooms were clean and showers hot. The bus to and from Venice was pretty cheap and easy to use. Only problem was a stayed in a tent and it was cold. But that's just winter/spring for you. Double up in socks and you'll be fine.

Excellent place to stay considering the price! Vennice is just a 10 minute bus journey away and costs 1,3 euros! Wooden huts are clean and comfortable. Only downside is that when we went at night it gets really cold and the heater is not warm enough. Overall excluding the cold, had a really nice stay.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Pakistan

On value for money, this place delivered. For the budget traveler who cannot afford to stay closer to Venice I would really recommend considering staying here. The bus runs you into and out of Venice in about 15 minutes, and runs frequently. The showers are hot, everything is impeccably clean, there's even a clothes washing and drying facility. Staff are beyond helpful and multilingual, and the on site restaurant/cafe is great.

COLD--also there were wifi problems. Overall it was fine.

• 13th Apr 2014

It was perfect except that the rooms were too cold during the ninght. But for the rest if you're searching for a cheap place to stay near Venecia it's perfect!

It was good for one night. The twin cabins were cold because they are not completely sealed and the heater doesn't heat the whole space. The bathrooms and showers were clean and not too far of a walk. The but ride out there wasn't too bad and people were nice in telling us where to get off because there is more than one stop for Orlanda. Only one outlet, so charging a phone while having the heater on at night is not an option. Fee for Wifi and only in bar area. Staff were helpful for bus info.

This was my first-time staying in a hostel, and I was really impressed. They were very responsive by e-mail, it was accessible by bus, the grounds were well-maintained, the facilities were clean and new, and the staff was fairly helpful with everything. It was also a really nice atmosphere meeting other travelers. One negative, one of the staff members had a fairly low English level, so there was a lot of mis-communication. Also, wifi was not free and it was cold, but otherwise very good.

• 11th Apr 2014

Everything was great, the only thing to be worked on is that the internet signal cant be reached from the chalets, you have to go to a internet area, but biside that I would totally recomend sd I would certainly go back. If you are going to Venice in cold days, than I recomend yoy to look for another place, because the chalets are a bit cold and the duvets are not warm enough.

• 9th Apr 2014

My friend and I stayed here, and it was her first experience with a hostel. She loved it! It was wonderful! Quiet and so very clean! Staff were friendly and helpful . Some tips: coming from the main station, don't get off on the first orlanda stop...wait until you see the campsite, it's a bit of a trek otherwise, and don't bother with the wifi card: It's slow and unrealible.

It was a very fun place to stay. The location is very good! But the little cabins were a bit cold, even with the tiny heater on.

Good place!

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Colombia

No lamp inside the camp, I really feel like camping in a jungle

STAY AWAY. I can imagine this place would kind of cool in the summer months if you're into that sort of thing, but for any month before June in the calandar year I would highly suggest finding alternate accommodations. It's as clean as it can get for a camp site I suppose, but there is no common area, very very little security, bugs EVERYWHERE, and it is not actually IN Venice (a bus ride away, but tickets add up). After one awful night, I found a different hostel.

The camping itself is clean and convenient,offers different types of accommodation-it's your choice-and needed facilities for a very good price. It's 15 min by bus from Venice central bus station - so if you want to feel the spirit of the legendary city it's a must to live within it's borders - not in Mestre or Lido etc. Also the camping is summer accommodation: we stayed there thru carnival - in winter- and froze to death. The cabin was heated but with flaws between the planks it didn't save us

• 5th Mar 2014
  • Russia

good value for the money, but very cold in the colder months. but can imagine it would be ideal in the summer

I stayed in the 2 person cabin. They come with little heaters but do no good when it's under 50° outside at night. Also it rained one night we stayed and the whole main road in the campground flooded a good 4 inches. So if you plan on going in the winter/rainy season you might want to consider elsewhere. But in warmer weather it couldn't reccomend a better place to stay for a great price!

I had a good time a little cold during the nights but it wasn't too bad. Everything was very clean and the staff helpful and polite. I will definitely recommend this site to others.

• 28th Feb 2014

Unfortunately too cold for chalets in february, despite of heater

You get your money's worth. The bus to Venice is not long and pretty reliable. Only issue I had was the lack of heating in the tiny cabin room. It was very cold during the night and all there was to warm us up was a tiny space heater that hardly did anything. If you're planning on staying, definitely consider this place, but only during the warmer months.