Camping Serenissima Reviews

Via Padana 334/a, SR 11 (Padua-Venice), km 412, Venice, Italy

It is slightly far away from the train station, about 20-30 min from nearest train station and 40 min from venice train station. However, there is good bus service, which stops just in front of the hostel. I stayed in a mixed dorm, which was perhaps like sleeping in a caravan, well most of the campings are similar to this. There is a small super market, restaurant which are ok. I stayed in peak summer time. However, because of abundant trees it was pretty cool during night time. Te staff were ok

Really cool place, with nice staff and friendly atmosphere.

It is quite far out of the way and the 'chalet' is nothing like what is advertised. It is more like a tin can with two very uncomfortable beds inside. It is not very easy to get to actual Venice and back. The staff are friendly though and the camp shop is good value for money although we were incredibly disappointed with the accommodation aspect of this hostel.

Staff were a little mean and it's kind of a walk to the restrooms but pretty good for the price

The atmosphere was great at the hostel, our cabin we slept in was clean and close to the bathrooms. The staff was very kind and helpful all the times. The other thing that is great about the hostel is the busses that stop in front of it.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

super hot & humid, mosquitoes galore... the sticker price looks cheap, but they charge for any extra little amenity, such as wifi (2 euros / 5 hours, and can only be used outdoors by reception which is annoying) i had a pretty unpleasant stay, but i guess you get what you pay for

Security GOOD (don't forget to lock your door before sleeping), location POOR but not terrible since there's public transport just at the entrance so I give one point on it, staff GOOD (only the owner lady), atmosphere AVERAGE, cleanliness GOOD, value for money GOOD although dorm campers are terribly hot in summer, facilities AVERAGE (bring 2 euros in cash if you want wi-fi, there's no desktop computer for guests). It's a good option for lodging, at least, for couples and groups of travelers.

The staff and restaurant were great. The location is easy to get to from Venice and the bus isn't too bad. It is a little difficult to reach from the Venice Mestre train station because you have to walk a few blocks from the station to the bus stop. Take Bus 10. Google maps give fairly good info. The camp ground really cooled down at night so sleeping is easy. I do suggest bring bug spray! I also suggest that the campground adds soap to its bathrooms.

Good: helpful staff, clean, nice atmosphere, ability to lock up bags, laundry facilities, restaurant Not so good: limited wifi reach and couldn't handle capacity of people using it at peak hours, ants infested my bags even though there was no food Overall good experience

• 10th Jul 2015

For a cheaper, simple place to stay Serenissima was perfect. Bus travel to Venice was easy once we knew where the site's stop was, staff were friendly, market was well stocked! Kitchen a little basic but nothing to complain about. Bathrooms were clean. Overall the camp site felt very safe; no lockers in rooms but we weren't particularly worried as our cabin locked well from the outside.

Me and my girlfriend stayed in a 'twin private' which was very basic. You get what you pay for here as it was cheap and fine for 1 night. It was small and insects got in because the window needed to be open in the heat of summer. When it rained it was loud on the roof. The staff were helpful and tickets for the bus into the centre could be bought from reception. Also the bus stop was just at the end of the road so it was convenient.

Good location, nearby village with restaurants and market. 30 mins by bus to Venice. Clean facilities, Friendly and helpful Staff. Cheap market and restaurant on campsite. Quiet and Peaceful place.

The room for two is tiny with only a small window. There was no screen on the window and the mosquitos were bad. Everything was really clean except for the kitchen. A good price for a few nights but would not recommend a long stay.

• 6th Jul 2015

We didn't enjoy Camping Serenissima at all! It is so expensive for what you get - a bare, small room which you have to pay extra for AC and you have to pay for wifi too (which you can only get at a few locations around the campsite). It is also very far away from Venice, the night we arrived we had to pay €24 for a taxi as we couldn't figure out how to get to the campsite from the instructions on their hostel world page. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone!

Location was about 25 minutes by bus from center but was pretty cheap for Venice. No lockers but I only had one other roommate whom I trusted. Great atmosphere, very clean, and plenty of bathrooms and showers. Just be sure to bring bug spray as there were plenty of mosquitos!

Toilets were clean enough but showers could be better.

I paid 32 Euro for 2 nights. I got the lowest price room you can get - two beds and a wardrobe, no AC, no private bathroom. It got hot in there at night and there was no screen on the windows so it let in bugs. However, I am a college student on a backpacking trip. I'm willing to pay less for the place I'm staying so that I can spend more on food and things to do. The nice thing about this place is that they offer better rooms than the one I stayed in so you can get a nicer room if youre willing

The place is very good and the staffs are helpful.

Rented a bungalow for two nights, comfortable besides the hot weather. Would recommend the tents over bungalow as I got ALOT of bug bites. Staff was great and showers were nice.

Be prepared that you are living in a camping site, so it will never be a fancy place to live in. But what more can u ask for with such a price in Venice.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4