Camping Serenissima Reviews

Via Padana 334/a, SR 11 (Padua-Venice), km 412, Venice, Italy

We booked a Twin Private with Shared Bathroom . The overall experience was good. Pros: the showers and bathrooms are clean; the staff is friendly; it is not a noisy campsite; there is a bus station very close to the camping site (tickets cam be bought at the reception - 1.3Euro/trip. It takes around 30 min to get on the island); it was cheap; Const: it is far away from Venice and Mestre's Center (it is very hard to get from mestre railwaystation to the camping site); lots of mosquitos;

It is a cheap hostel, but far away from the center of Venecia. Transportation is very expensive 20 euros just 1 day.

The hostel is good, it's a little bit far from Venice, but you can get there by bus. We lost ourselves in the first time going there. They don't have free wii fi and it's expensive to wash/dry your clothes.

You got what you paid for and good information was on hand

A great camping site with all I the basic facilities you need. The market is well fairly priced as is the restaurant. The atmosphere is great with many families present. It brought me back to the days of my own family holiday. 15/20 minutes bus ride form the main Venice town.

The only word I can describe this place is average, at least for a single traveler like me. Everything you might need is there, but there is nothing special about them. The showers were great I suppose. I booked a mixed cabin where there were only two beds. It was tiny, but good thing no one else booked the room, so I had the entire cabin to myself. If someone else were in there it would have been cramped. The walls were super thin though, so I could hear EVERYTHING from the cabin next to mine.

when we got there the sheets looked like they werent cleaned. During the night it gave out an eerie vibe in the camp since there was no light.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Very nice place. Far from city but convenient bus. Cabin room basic but enough. It was a 2 bed dorm but i had it all to myself. Toilets and showers super clean, hot water, even dryiers available. Dont recomend for solo travellers because it is really hard to meet anyone. But if you are trabelling in a group. Perfect! Specially for the price

It served the purpose very well. Cheap

stayed here 3 nights in a 2 man cabin and another night in a tent outside. location is about 40 minutes from venice itself, busses are every 30 minutes and jam packed. but the stop is right in front of the campsite so it's nice. wifi is 2 euro for 5 hours only in the wifi zone which is at the reception and restaurant. bathroom and showers are great! Like many others mentioned this place is full of mosquitoes! Downside is that the night buses around 9 till midnight are once every hour.

It's a normal camping. Nothing more, nothing less, exactly what we've expected.

We booked for a room with private bathroom but our private bathroom was locked the first night. The second day we managed to have the private bathroom but no warm water... Staff should be more communicative and helping.

very nice camp site

My hostel was infested with spiders and full of mosquitoes. When we complained about the room they said "esta normale". Terrible service and their cleanliness is the worst I've seen in my life. The bed sheets and bathroom sink had hair on them along with stains. There were spiders on the pillow. Never coming here again...ever.

• 8th Aug 2014

This is more of a family camping ground and I was traveling solo so it wasn't great for me but I had a room to myself and it was quite pretty. You have to pay for wifi which is ridiculous but it wasn't so expensive. Bus into Venice island was convenient but quite long 25 minutes. Staff weren't all that friendly or helpful no free maps or anything. Bathrooms were clean and everything else was fine, it just wasn't right for me

The lady working at the front desk was AMAZING. She was so helpful, kind, and informative. Not to mention the whole campground was amazing. The environment felt comfortable and safe and everyone was in great spirit. The cabin we stayed in was perfect, comfy bed, air conditioning, not too loud, and great shower! I was thoroughly impressed with this hostel.

The shared dorms are fine for cheap short term accommodation just outside venice. Reasonably clean for what you can expect at a camp site but they are in no way sound proof! You'll wake up when your neighbours do because it sounds like they're in the same room. There is only 1 power socket in the dorm. There are mosquitos about the place but just wear repellant and you'll be fine. The facilities were clean and in good working order. You have to pay for wifi though, €2 for 5 hours.

Nice enough place, its only a 30min bus ride from town. Decent resteraunt, good little shop too. Just take earplugs if you're staying in one of the small cabins, they're metal boxes connected to each other and you can hear everything going on...I got woken by someone plugging their charger in!

Frendly staff, bus stop in front of the camping, really nice place

First of all you have to bear in mind that this is a camping area not a hostel. Camping areas are supposed to be in the woods :D Friendly staff, but a little hard to find. At least if you are coming by bus from Venice. Double check the bus stop where you should take off.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4