Camping Serenissima Reviews

Via Padana 334/a, SR 11 (Padua-Venice), km 412, Venice, Italy

The mosquitos ate us alive both nights, we really couldnt even go outside it was bad. It was inexpensive (as a backpacker that's what I was looking for primarily) but there's no AC in the double cabin we stayed in so the heat is unbearable and you can't open the door because the Mosquitos were awful. Wifi only worked at the front desk, and was an additional charge. It was about a 30 minute bus ride into Venice but the bus is right in front of the campground.

It was amazing!

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

At first time, I almost cancel the hostel because I just knew that camping Serenissima is actually out of Venice. It took 30 minute bus to get there, so it's probably not safe for a female solo traveler to go home late. But in fact, I really enjoy my stay here. Cleanliness and environment which I really like, along with the cheap value of money I'll surely comeback to do the real camping. ☺️

Unfortunately the walls are very thin so you can literally hear everything from the rooms next door which makes it difficult to sleep.

I recomend this place just to sleep, there is a lot of mosquitos, the rooms are not clean, its far from venecia but you can take the bus just infront of the camping, you have to pay for wifi.

Very difficult to sleep in the wooden huts in the sweltering heat with no fan. But you do pay for what you get, and inside the cabin it was very clean and tidy. Excellent choice if you want to stay in a Wendy House. The communal showers/washrooms/bathrooms were exceptionally clean and tidy.

MOSQUITOS. The toilet and shower block were surprisingly nice but our 2 bed shed was unfortunately unclean. The kitchen was also very unclean and only one hob of the oven worked, leaving the other 3 hobs, main oven and grill useless. Run by a pleasant man, it is located about 25 minutes bus ride outside Venice, which can be difficult to stop on your first visit. More of a campsite than backpackers hostel, there was little atmosphere.

I really enjoy staying here. This is little far from the center, but this is good place to stay. Staffs were so friendly and helpful. Bathroom and toilets are clean, however kitchen is not that clean and good.

The food was really bad

• 29th Jun 2014

About a 30 min bus ride away from Venice. The stop is pretty hard to spot and the bus was a bit difficult to locate at first. There were a lot of mosquitoes! You have to pay for WiFi and they sell city maps. The staff was not overly helpful about where to go, what to see, where to eat, etc. We stayed in a tiny shack with 2 beds. It is definitely what you pay for and not too bad for a few night's stay.

Beware of Mosquitos, but that is to be expected of the camp site. Bathrooms and showers are fairly clean. The beds were old, and you have to pay for wifi which does not reach the rooms, only in the restaurant area.

Nice place if you want to save some money and be in contact with the nature

It is a camping site which has its ups and downs. The bus stops right in front of the hostel and it's 30min away from the main city. In the reception you can buy travel tickets and maps. Paid wifi. I was in a tiny cabin with 2 beds and there are no lockers inside the room. But everything was very clean. Overall I really liked my stay amidst the greenery, and would definitely stay again! Good value for money!!

Directions to get to camp from Venice was not clear, as bus stop B is not marked. Also, the only thing I really wanted to do was see Venice at night. By the time I had settled into the camp and was ready to go, it was 9pm and was advised by the staff that there would be no point in going as the last bus back would be too soon for me to see anything in Venice. I thought I read that their buses ran every 30 minutes until about midnight,but that was also inaccurate. Great staff and facilities, tho.

The staff didn't speak english, spanish or other language

Dear guest, we're sorry about your review that we don't understand because our staff speak English, French, Spanish and German. Best regards Mirka Camping Serenissima

Great stay here! Great for travellers. We stayed in two camp sites near Venice although the other was better location in terms of getting the bus into Venice, this camp site had better nightlife, showers and sheds. If you learn what two buses to get (16 then 6) its only takes 30 /40 minutes to get into Venice for 1.30 instead of paying 13.00 for the ferry. Loved our stay here.

I stayed in a 2 bed caravan and had it all to myself. It was fantastic! The whole camp ground has a wonderful, beautiful vibe to it. Only suggestion: the older man who helps runs it could be more friendly. I highly recommend. If you're taking a bus to venice/Venezia, make SURE that the bus reads "VENEZIA" on the front of it. If on doubt, as the bus driver. I had 2 really unfortunate situations of bussing forever and not winding up in Venice because I was too hasty.

Nothing to complain, nice place, stayed in cabin which was clean. Would come back for sure! Nice staff!

This place is on the mainland and is far from the actual city. It is about a 30 min bus ride. The campground was nice for meeting people. Only get WiFi in one spot, have to pay 2 Euro for 5 hours. Cannot use between multiple devices at the same time. Buggy so bring spray or buy. Market has stuff but not much and EXPENSIVE no other market close by. Bathrooms were great considering it was a campground. The shed was what it was, very thin walls!! Smelled old and musty. Price was cheapest found.

Nice hot showers. No wait. Be prepared to hear your neighbors if in the 2 person "dorm" option. I liked being removed from Venice, but you do have to factor more time in for travel each day.

« first « Prev 1 2 3