Camping Serenissima Reviews

Via Padana 334/a, SR 11 (Padua-Venice), km 412, Venice, Italy

You got what you paid for and good information was on hand

• 25th Aug 2014

A great camping site with all I the basic facilities you need. The market is well fairly priced as is the restaurant. The atmosphere is great with many families present. It brought me back to the days of my own family holiday. 15/20 minutes bus ride form the main Venice town.

Very nice place. Far from city but convenient bus. Cabin room basic but enough. It was a 2 bed dorm but i had it all to myself. Toilets and showers super clean, hot water, even dryiers available. Dont recomend for solo travellers because it is really hard to meet anyone. But if you are trabelling in a group. Perfect! Specially for the price

It served the purpose very well. Cheap

stayed here 3 nights in a 2 man cabin and another night in a tent outside. location is about 40 minutes from venice itself, busses are every 30 minutes and jam packed. but the stop is right in front of the campsite so it's nice. wifi is 2 euro for 5 hours only in the wifi zone which is at the reception and restaurant. bathroom and showers are great! Like many others mentioned this place is full of mosquitoes! Downside is that the night buses around 9 till midnight are once every hour.

It's a normal camping. Nothing more, nothing less, exactly what we've expected.

We booked for a room with private bathroom but our private bathroom was locked the first night. The second day we managed to have the private bathroom but no warm water... Staff should be more communicative and helping.

very nice camp site

My hostel was infested with spiders and full of mosquitoes. When we complained about the room they said "esta normale". Terrible service and their cleanliness is the worst I've seen in my life. The bed sheets and bathroom sink had hair on them along with stains. There were spiders on the pillow. Never coming here again...ever.

• 8th Aug 2014

This is more of a family camping ground and I was traveling solo so it wasn't great for me but I had a room to myself and it was quite pretty. You have to pay for wifi which is ridiculous but it wasn't so expensive. Bus into Venice island was convenient but quite long 25 minutes. Staff weren't all that friendly or helpful no free maps or anything. Bathrooms were clean and everything else was fine, it just wasn't right for me

The lady working at the front desk was AMAZING. She was so helpful, kind, and informative. Not to mention the whole campground was amazing. The environment felt comfortable and safe and everyone was in great spirit. The cabin we stayed in was perfect, comfy bed, air conditioning, not too loud, and great shower! I was thoroughly impressed with this hostel.

The shared dorms are fine for cheap short term accommodation just outside venice. Reasonably clean for what you can expect at a camp site but they are in no way sound proof! You'll wake up when your neighbours do because it sounds like they're in the same room. There is only 1 power socket in the dorm. There are mosquitos about the place but just wear repellant and you'll be fine. The facilities were clean and in good working order. You have to pay for wifi though, €2 for 5 hours.

Nice enough place, its only a 30min bus ride from town. Decent resteraunt, good little shop too. Just take earplugs if you're staying in one of the small cabins, they're metal boxes connected to each other and you can hear everything going on...I got woken by someone plugging their charger in!

Frendly staff, bus stop in front of the camping, really nice place

First of all you have to bear in mind that this is a camping area not a hostel. Camping areas are supposed to be in the woods :D Friendly staff, but a little hard to find. At least if you are coming by bus from Venice. Double check the bus stop where you should take off.

It was a very good budget hotel. We enjoyed it, food was very cheap in the hotel too and especially bus ticket was an added advantage that you get in the Hotel premises.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • India

The mosquitos ate us alive both nights, we really couldnt even go outside it was bad. It was inexpensive (as a backpacker that's what I was looking for primarily) but there's no AC in the double cabin we stayed in so the heat is unbearable and you can't open the door because the Mosquitos were awful. Wifi only worked at the front desk, and was an additional charge. It was about a 30 minute bus ride into Venice but the bus is right in front of the campground.

Dear Guest, we're sorry about your review. We know that the mosquitos are a problem in Venice... about the A/C, if you get a Mobihlome with bathroom you can have also air conditioned, but for 13 euro (that you paid for a basic room without bath) it's difficult to have also the A/C included!!! Best regards Mirka

The bathroom was dirty, there were hairs and scraps of garbage and feces everywhere. Locks broken showers. They did not accept credit card and had to pay cash. The rooms were very small and uncomfortable. The supermarket on site was closed but always put it was open.

Dear guest, we're sorry about you review but you wrote some wrong information. First the locks on the showers are not broken, second we accept credit card for the payment and finally the door of the market is close because there is air conditioned inside.. you've just to push the pull door ;-) Best regards Mirka

MUCH better than expected. In fact very good value for money. I stayed in one of the cabins and after paying the same amount for dorm rooms for so long, I thought this was luxury. Obviously quite far out from Venice - about 25 min on the bus, but the bus leaves right outside the gate, so it's no prob. There was a great crowd of young people there on the last night. Can be a bit hit and miss as a single traveller

It was amazing!