Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

1904 Total Reviews

Very nice place with a ton of amenities/services. Everything from very nice, individual bathrooms, to free wifi, to free wine and cheese at night, to day trips to niagra falls, to an iron, to free computers and a printer, to free breakfast and tea, to security lockers in each room. The staff was incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

• 1st May 2015

Very friendly staff

Wi fi sinal on the room was almost nule. Cleanliness was average at most. Location is excelent and staff is very good.

Amazing location and friendly staff

We only stayed here one night but it was nice, and the staff were really lovely.

Great and helpful staff. Everyone was friendly and very knowledgable about the city

• 17th Apr 2015

Pancake breakfast in the morning fills you up to start your day, fun hostel, nice atmosphere,no complaints.

location is good. but the breakfast is just so so

The house is old and of low building standards, but they made the best of it.

Great location... The beds need an upgrade and the wash rooms were far too small

Everything was awesome except for the bathroom was shared by too many people. It was a bit dirty from time to time.

staff was very nice and helpful. breakfast a bit small. facilities old and the toilet flush didn't work well. It wasn't clean! lots of people there stay for a long time. I didn't like that it was so crowded.

Very friendly and helpful staff, tasty bagel in the morning and I liked the location. Bit too much of a party hostel for my tastes but if you like that then it's a good spot.

Reception area is dirty, back office is cluttered and service unprofessional. I was not directed to my room, so I walked all the way upstairs and couldn't find it. Went back to reception who told me my room was in the opposite direction, not helpful. Bunk beds are made of cheap metal that make noise every time someone moves in bed. Don't expect to get much sleep. Sheets given to me had black hairs all over it. Free breakfast was bad; cheap water pancakes & watered down coffee. I don't recommend!

Staff were helpful and genuinely nice Place was clean and it was noticed that staff were keeping it that way Guests listened and followed the rules Access to the hostel could be gained by anybody even though guests had keys so a review of this is needed but I felt safe

One of the better hostels I have stayed in! Wifi worked amazing which was a plus for doing school work! Parking was a bit tight but overall great value for the price. I would stay at this hostel again if I was in the Toronto area for anything.

• 26th Mar 2015

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! We’ve just upgraded our wifi so we’re glad you noticed it working well. Our parking is a little tight but there are 1 or 2 spaces that are suitable for larger cars so just mention you’d like one of those next time you come to stay!

Was a very nice hostel clean and tidy, only stopped the one night and our room stunk of chicken being cooked from a resturant that backed into what felt like our bedroom window apart from that great night sleep and friendly staff and awesome breakfast

Amazing hostel

Thanks for the great review!

I thought the hostel was actually amazing, the staff where super helpful and extremely nice. The atmosphere was great and everyone was cheerful. The beds where comfy and the rooms where clean, actually....the whole hostel was clean. I honestly wouldn't say anything negative about the hostel apart from WIFI issues as i did not always get good signal but hey, your on holiday why would you care about the internet. but that did not affect my opinion as i will be using that hostel again in the future

• 22nd Mar 2015

The hostel is generally well-equipped, but it seems to large and accommodates too many people. I could not find my own food box in the kitchen because all of them are occupied and people seem to stay for a very long period, like several months. However, it is worth the money if you do not have much budget.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4