Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

2042 Total Reviews

In the rooms the space for everyone's stuff isn't big enough. And unfortunately because of the bad isolation and old house, if you sleep on the groundfloor you hear everything from the second floor and rooms next to yours.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

everything was perfect! great location, people, and atmosphere. canadiana backpackers is the best in hostels!

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Location is good. Staff are friendly. But the worst is the cleanliness there. I stayed there for three nights every night I made a meal for my own. I could see ten flies when making meal. The kitchen facilities are old and dirty. You will get one bagel and two spreads for breakfast almost every day. It was a bad experience for me when arriving in Toronto.

Very big but cosy hostel. Good place for meeting a lot of people. And strikt cleaning every day. :)

The staff are amazing people. They make the hostel what it is. Many thanks.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Had a great time, the room was really clean. Atmosphere not as good as it's such a big hostel so it was harder to start a conversation with people.

The location and the atmosphere were the two pieces that make this a really great hostel. Having things like "free wine and cheese night" make it very easy to meet people. Aside from that, everything was fine. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable.

• 16th Jul 2015

Had a ball thanks to everyone who helped to make my holiday the best ever wine and cheese evening great fun as is all the hostels group activities highly recommend everyone to stay here :-)

• 15th Jul 2015

Great location but the hostel was quite noisy, I could hear a lot of partying to my room. Plus there was a mixed up in the four person room i was staying in - it was accidentally booked for five people and the mistake was noticed in the middle of the night. Otherwise, the central location and the friendly staff made it an okay place to stay in.

Good location. Facilities, especially the kitchen, seem a bit run down. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• 11th Jul 2015

I really liked this hostel. It's clean and there's a great atmosphere. The employees are very nice and helpful. You can find vending machines to buy snacks and beverages at a fair price. The coffee machine is also great. Coffee is free at breakfast time, then it's just about a dollar any other time. You can also buy tickets for the hop on, hop off bus here, book your day trip to Niagara Falls with great discounts! and the City Pass booklet, as well as many other things you can do here.

We had a problem with our car which was blocked by another car. This was a big problem for us because we rented the car and had a flight a few ours later. The owner of the hostel decided to book and a pay a limosine to the airport and the hostel brought the car back to the rental company. What a great service!!!!!!!

I only stayed here one night but would definitely come back! The Australian guy at reception was super friendly and helpful when I arrived late at night and the pancakes for breakfast were great.

Our stay at Canadiana was fabulous - clean facilities, planned activities to get people socializing and a great location. Big shout out to Dan and Trina for planning a great night out and making everyone feel welcome and Madeleine from reception for her helpfulness and friendly manner. Shame we couldn't stay longer! Love from Maarit, Emma and Katie.

Nothing bad to report. I had a great stay here. Comfortable, friendly good breakfast and fast wifi. A very clean and well Organized hostel.

Really nice and comfortable hostel. I only stayed one night and i was at the end of an exhausting trip, so didn't have a chance to join into any activities, but they sounded great! I was lucky enough to get the bonus double bed in my dorm too! I'll definitely stay there again next time I'm in Toronto.

Great facilities and staff. Room was extremely hot - that was the only issue with my stay

• 4th Jul 2015

Had an amazing stay at Canadiana, even though I couldn't participate of their nightly activities. The staff was friendly, very informative and really helpful (Our Niagara tour guide forgot me and my boyfriend at the Falls, and someone from the Canadiana staff was really kind to contact the tour agency and helped us find him! Thank you!) The place is quiet during the day but the atmosphere and design of the hostel makes it very welcoming. I loved Toronto and will come back to Canadiana.

• 3rd Jul 2015

We had an excellent three night stay at the Canadiana. Friendly staff, good accommodation, and an excellent karaoke night. The one let down was breakfast, but since it was free, it seems a bit churlish to complain too much!

Great location, helpful staff and decent rooms. Liked being in the separate house as it wasn't too noisy. Loved the free pancake breakfast in the morning :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5