Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Some of the staff here were super helpful and nice. Thanks for a great stay!

• 26th Jan 2015

The Canadiana is an ideal hostel for backpackers. I was traveling alone, but always found people to hang out with in the hostel. Furthermore, since I was going to Cuba for a couple of weeks in between stays at the Canadiana, I could leave a suitcase with winter clothes at the hostel for only a dollar per day. This service was very secure and helpful.

Decent, above average, hostel. I found the staff very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great, a nice common area. My free breakfast bagel was pretty horrible though, it was stale, and not to be a food snob, but it wasn't even a real bagel. So breakfast was a huge disappointment. would have liked if top bunks had a shelf or something for personal items like cellphones (aka my alarm clock) and some hand towels in the bathroom would be nice

I LOVED staying at this hostel! The people were so great both staff and guests. Free tea all day was amazing. There are books to read, a fairly large common room. The beds are comfy (even if they are a little noisy). Large lockers to keep your stuff in in the room. Spacious rooms. Clean. If you're a party goer than it's great because it's off the main drag of nightclubs. It's only a 5 min walk away from the subway. I can't rate it high enough. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• 13th Jan 2015

wifi sometimes disconnects. staffs are very helpful. not easy to travel from airport, i took taxi (cad55)

Very easy to organise trip to niagara falls from front desk discounted and also gets included hop on hop off bus tour! Very handy!

Great location! I stayed by myself and made some really good friends. Friendly atmosphere.

Everything was great except the weather which was freezing .

Thanks for your review! The weather is a little fresh in Toronto this time of year…

Everyone I met at the hostel was very friendly, and although I went as part of a group of 10, we met other people and had loads of fun. We only wish we that could have stayed another night to get to know more people.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • taytaybwell

Thanks for the review – we’re glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will see you again for a longer stay!

Great location, very clean and big rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff, in the evenings the common room was full of nice people. Would definitely stay here again!

Thanks for your wonderful review - We hope you do come and stay again!

Great stay. Comfortable beds. Hot showers. Heat/AC control in the room. Nice lounge area and good social scene.

Thanks for your fantastic review! We’re glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Nice hostel, regulation on how much you can have for breakfast, the Location is just perfect all the places to see are in walking distance, I felt save as a female travelling alone.

Thanks for your feedback – we’re happy to hear that you felt safe and enjoyed the location of the hostel. We do have additional breakfast items available for purchase such as pastries and yoghurts if you are still hungry after the free breakfast we provide!

A great hostel - perfect for longer term stays. The room was perfectly fine with lockers available and plenty of showers/washrooms. Breakfast was great. The location and staff were phenomenal! You can walk just a couple of minutes to great food and easy public transportation. The staff were very friendly and very knowledgable - some of the best I've encountered across the globe. Some slight downsides were spotty wifi and not super-comfy beds (all totally livable). I'd stay again for sure!

Thanks for your review! We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit – we are in the process of upgrading our wifi so it will be faster next time you come to stay!

I really enjoyed my stay at Canadiana Backpackers Inn. The hostel was clean, comfortable and the atmosphere was really nice.

• 17th Dec 2014

Thank you for your review – we hope to see you again soon!

We had a really good time! Its really clean and organized. Its close to many facilities, including bars and night clubs.

• 15th Dec 2014

Thanks for your fantastic review! Come and stay with us again soon!

Hot room's,

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Thanks for your feedback; if you find your room too hot or too cold, we can always adjust the temperature or provide an extra blanket!

Good hostel and great facilities, the situation its awesome!

Thanks very much for your review! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay!

This hostel has an excellent location, however for the price I found the 4 bedroom dorm rooms small and overall the facilities were showing wear. In addition, the free breakfast only consisted of a bagel and coffee.

Thanks for your feedback – we work hard to maintain our Victorian buildings and the dorm rooms do come in a variety of sizes! Perhaps try a bigger (the 6-8 bed) dorm next time as they are very large and spacious. We are happy to be able to offer a free breakfast but if you would like a little something extra then we have a wide variety of breakfast items available for purchase (including pastries, fruit, yogurts, cereal, and more!).

It's a great and afordable hostel. It was my first time travelling alone and it was a really amazing experience. I could make new friends from all over the world and on the same day of my arrival I already went out with the new friends to walk around downtown. And I also could to get some value advice about knowing downtown of Toronto even better.

• 5th Dec 2014

Thanks for your great review! We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and made new friends – come see us again soon!

Great hostel, one of the best and friendliest in the World actually!

Thanks for your fantastic review! We hope to see you again soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4