Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

2031 Total Reviews

everything was perfect! great location, people, and atmosphere. canadiana backpackers is the best in hostels!

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Location is good. Staff are friendly. But the worst is the cleanliness there. I stayed there for three nights every night I made a meal for my own. I could see ten flies when making meal. The kitchen facilities are old and dirty. You will get one bagel and two spreads for breakfast almost every day. It was a bad experience for me when arriving in Toronto.

Very big but cosy hostel. Good place for meeting a lot of people. And strikt cleaning every day. :)

The location and the atmosphere were the two pieces that make this a really great hostel. Having things like "free wine and cheese night" make it very easy to meet people. Aside from that, everything was fine. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable.

• 16th Jul 2015

Great location but the hostel was quite noisy, I could hear a lot of partying to my room. Plus there was a mixed up in the four person room i was staying in - it was accidentally booked for five people and the mistake was noticed in the middle of the night. Otherwise, the central location and the friendly staff made it an okay place to stay in.

Good location. Facilities, especially the kitchen, seem a bit run down. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• 11th Jul 2015

I really liked this hostel. It's clean and there's a great atmosphere. The employees are very nice and helpful. You can find vending machines to buy snacks and beverages at a fair price. The coffee machine is also great. Coffee is free at breakfast time, then it's just about a dollar any other time. You can also buy tickets for the hop on, hop off bus here, book your day trip to Niagara Falls with great discounts! and the City Pass booklet, as well as many other things you can do here.

We had a problem with our car which was blocked by another car. This was a big problem for us because we rented the car and had a flight a few ours later. The owner of the hostel decided to book and a pay a limosine to the airport and the hostel brought the car back to the rental company. What a great service!!!!!!!

I only stayed here one night but would definitely come back! The Australian guy at reception was super friendly and helpful when I arrived late at night and the pancakes for breakfast were great.

Our stay at Canadiana was fabulous - clean facilities, planned activities to get people socializing and a great location. Big shout out to Dan and Trina for planning a great night out and making everyone feel welcome and Madeleine from reception for her helpfulness and friendly manner. Shame we couldn't stay longer! Love from Maarit, Emma and Katie.

Nothing bad to report. I had a great stay here. Comfortable, friendly good breakfast and fast wifi. A very clean and well Organized hostel.

Really nice and comfortable hostel. I only stayed one night and i was at the end of an exhausting trip, so didn't have a chance to join into any activities, but they sounded great! I was lucky enough to get the bonus double bed in my dorm too! I'll definitely stay there again next time I'm in Toronto.

Great facilities and staff. Room was extremely hot - that was the only issue with my stay

• 4th Jul 2015

Had an amazing stay at Canadiana, even though I couldn't participate of their nightly activities. The staff was friendly, very informative and really helpful (Our Niagara tour guide forgot me and my boyfriend at the Falls, and someone from the Canadiana staff was really kind to contact the tour agency and helped us find him! Thank you!) The place is quiet during the day but the atmosphere and design of the hostel makes it very welcoming. I loved Toronto and will come back to Canadiana.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Great location, helpful staff and decent rooms. Liked being in the separate house as it wasn't too noisy. Loved the free pancake breakfast in the morning :)

I stayed at this hostel for 8 days and can highly recommend it. On check in the staff were wonderfully friendly and the facilitieswere excellent. The location is perfect for exploring downtown Toronto and the atmosphere in the hostel was lively and friendly. I would recommend taking the tour of Niagara falls that you can book through the hostel as it's the cheapest around and well worth the money. Overall a great place to stay and I hope to return one da

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Wales

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms were well kept and great value for money.

Best Hostel in Toronto! If you look for party and comfort this is the place. Laura at the front desk is super nice!

Great hostel.. Loved the free breakfast and hot chocolate:)

There's no better location, short walks to every part of the city! Free pancake breakfast with tea and coffee in a lovely common area. Room and beds were clean with a private bathroom per room, which I found very convenient. They even have parking lots right behind the house, which made our arrival and stay in Toronto a lot easier. As the atmosphere among the guests is great and people sit together in the evening, I would definitely go there again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5