Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

1976 Total Reviews

Best Hostel in Toronto! If you look for party and comfort this is the place. Laura at the front desk is super nice!

Great hostel.. Loved the free breakfast and hot chocolate:)

Enjoyable stay but the room was really hot. No ac. Great location . Nice helpful staff .

Great place. Good location easy to walk to main shopping area. Staff very friendly and willing to spend time listening to questions and helping you with all your enquires. Great facilities, laundry and kitchen

Have already booked in for another week

Very good location, easy to walk to bars, restaurants, the Eaton Shopping Mall and main sights. Staff was very helpful and friendly. There was always something going on in the hostel. Very good atmosphere, easy to get to know people. Free pancakes in the mornings, free coffee and tea all day. Free wifi works in rooms too. The bathroom was clean. The only bad thing was that our room had this musty, mouldy smell. It probably came from the old mattress.

Great Place to stay!

No air conditioning at all. Hot as hell. Other than that, great atmosphere in the outdoor back patio. Probably because the only other option would be to die from extreme heat alone in your room. 15$ deposit for linens. You can bring your own alcohol and drink it in the common area. Bathrooms r small but luckily you'll find the few with a toilet in then so u can at least out your stuff down. Oddly, none of the showers have liners, just cloth curtains that get wet. But an ok hostel overall.

Probably the best hostel I've stayed in.

Staff accused of me of not paying for an extra activity, they were very rude about it too when I had clearly did payed for it. Pretty much ruined my experience in Toronto. The room i stayed in had no A/C and it got to 32 degrees which was way too hot also one washing machine for the whole hostel. No atmosphere with no friendly people. Need to pull their finger out.

I liked it but the kitchen could do with some more cutlery and utensils. Also I think using plastic cutlery for breakfast Is pretty poor.

The hostel is in a good location close to things like the CN tower and Rogers stadium. I didn't find the staff too helpful and the hostel didn't have a great atmosphere. There are separate buildings for the dorms that are separate from the building that houses the common area, which could be a good thing or bad depending on what you are looking for. The beds were not very comfortable.

I wish there were an A/C in the room, it got too hot when I stayed there recently (end of May) so we had to open the window and it was very noisy until 1AM

Awesome hostel! This is the place to stay in Toronto. Excellent location, excellent staff, and an awesome atmosphere. Love this hostel, would deffinitely stay again. Always so much happening, and a great place to meet other travellers as well.

The hostel was very good, all the staff are really friendly and helpful. There is a very good atmosphere. The rooms and beds are ok, the bathrooms clean and the showers work very good. However, I think the breakfast could be a little bit improved, for example offer cereal and some kind of juice without cost.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. So much fun and great staff. Every night has different activities and the free breakfast is so nice if you're on a budget. I'll be coming back to this hostel a few more times.

• 13th May 2015

I woke up several times in the middle of the night because of the hot, thick air lingering around in the small room. It was very uncomfortable and felt like I couldn't breathe. I know it's an older facility but perhaps a fan would help.

We were in Toronto on two very hot days. There was no ventilation and the window was largely blocked by a bunk bed, so it was very hot. Also, the room was under the sloping roof, so it looked a little like Harry Potter's "room under the stairs." Other than that, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and it is located right in the heart of downtown Toronto (though the site is a target for gentrification so may be torn down in the future).

Good choice for a nice weekend. Very well located!

Super friendly staff! Comfortable bed and very clean! If I will come back in Canada I will go there again!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4