Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

One of the better hostels I have stayed in! Wifi worked amazing which was a plus for doing school work! Parking was a bit tight but overall great value for the price. I would stay at this hostel again if I was in the Toronto area for anything.

• 26th Mar 2015

Amazing hostel

If you are an auctioneer and thrust out your words as a machine gun spit bullets, you will maybe be able to follow all the instructions and information given at check-in. The girl speak far too fast. The hostel? Wonderful experience, safe and with enough space. Good breakfast also, but it would be even better if there was some juice or something like that to drink. Perfect location and it is easy to walk to landmarks downtown, CN tower or Air Canada centre for example, as well as the metro.

A really good hostel with a nice atmosphere. In the morning they offer a small breakfast. The pancakes were good. If you want you can participate in activities every evening. In total I can recommend this hostel and will book it again if I return to Toronto.

Really, i love it. The staff is awesome! I was there in st Patrick and theyorganizae a party..it was really really fun. People are awesome there. The breakfast is ok, wifi signal also is really good. The most beautiful thing it has is the causy common room. There are free coffee and tea everyday, and lot of people always there. Canadians are awesome!!!! they are cute funny helpful.

Excellent Hostel. I would stay again if and when I return to Toronto.

Great stay here as always! Staff great, beds comfy. Best hostel in Toronto.

Staff are friendly and accommodating, location is centrally located and you can easily get to many shops, bars and restaurants. Washrooms are pretty clean, but the one I had smelled weird. The atmosphere is quite friendly. A nice old building atmosphere. Bring your ear plugs because the walls are paper thin. The price was pretty average.

Good hostel!

I had a wonderful time. The staff is awesome! They are the epitome of customer service! The facility was immaculate. Temperatures were -19, felt like -29 and I never felt uncomfortable while inside the hostel. Lots of coffee, tea, and chocolate were available. The whole setup is worth the money, every penny. You are getting quite a bang for your buck. A bed, security, convenience to shopping, dining, and town center. Don't want to dine out, prep meal in hostel kitchen. You meet amazing guests!!

• 16th Feb 2015

I've stayed here a few times and is probably the best hostel in Toronto. Great location and good facilities and love the pancake breakfast (the bagel one is blah thou). They could use some lamps in the rooms though to make the experience more pleasant.

Only thing I didn't like about this hostel was the number of long term stayers living their.

Location is ideal. Right between King and Queen St. where there's plenty to do and eat. Super close to the CN tower, museums and other attractions. Breakfast every morning was provided and on the Monday we left there was pancakes! The common room always had other visitors hanging out, games to play, and books to borrow and on Valentine's Day the hostel even put together a speed dating/friend making event. Wifi was included which is always a plus for a traveler.

• 13th Feb 2015

one of the worst hostels ive ever stayed in, I had stayed earlier in the month before I went on a tour, the first night was awful, guests in my room inviting people in at 12 then just being a general annoyance to everyone else in the room until i told them to stop, breakfast wasnt great cold pancakes or a stale bagel, the other guests were hard to talk to as most were in a group as was made harder as there was no bar. my second visit I cancelled and I went elsewhere, guys stay somewhere else.

I had such a good time that 3 days didn't seem long enough so I booked another week :)

Amazing hostel I would go back in a heartbeat.

Some of the staff here were super helpful and nice. Thanks for a great stay!

• 26th Jan 2015

Thanks for the great review - we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again one day!

The Canadiana is an ideal hostel for backpackers. I was traveling alone, but always found people to hang out with in the hostel. Furthermore, since I was going to Cuba for a couple of weeks in between stays at the Canadiana, I could leave a suitcase with winter clothes at the hostel for only a dollar per day. This service was very secure and helpful.

Thanks for your great review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and could make good use of our storage facilities!

Decent, above average, hostel. I found the staff very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great, a nice common area. My free breakfast bagel was pretty horrible though, it was stale, and not to be a food snob, but it wasn't even a real bagel. So breakfast was a huge disappointment. would have liked if top bunks had a shelf or something for personal items like cellphones (aka my alarm clock) and some hand towels in the bathroom would be nice

Thanks for your review - we're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the free breakfast. The bagels come fresh from a local bakery and we do have other breakfast items available for purchase - pastries, yoghurt, fruit etc.

I LOVED staying at this hostel! The people were so great both staff and guests. Free tea all day was amazing. There are books to read, a fairly large common room. The beds are comfy (even if they are a little noisy). Large lockers to keep your stuff in in the room. Spacious rooms. Clean. If you're a party goer than it's great because it's off the main drag of nightclubs. It's only a 5 min walk away from the subway. I can't rate it high enough. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• 13th Jan 2015

Thanks for your wonderful review - we hope to see you again in the future!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4