Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The staff are friendly, there are plenty of activities on offer and the hostel is located in a quiet but accessible spot downtown. The showers are hot and spacious, the kitchen has plenty of storage space and facilities and the wifi is fast and reliable. Am staying again for another week.

The hostel is very noisy, the washrooms were not cleaned properly, the staff is very friendly to the "known" customers and only to them. I acctually depended also on the other guests staying there during my visit, but I just didn't feel comfortable and welcomed.

• 7th Apr 2014

Great place and great location. We were close to the bars and shops as well as the sights. It smelled like beans when we got there lol but we got over it.

• 4th Apr 2014

Very loud even in the middle of the night as you can hear everything through the thin walls. Staff was very nice and I could check in at around 11 am which was very convenient for me. Breakfast is included but just consists of one bagel plus 2 spreads (jam, peanut butter) and drinks - everything else must be purchased extra.

I had a great time at this hostel! The staff was really friendly and helpful, breakfast was always nice, the toilets were constantly cleaned and the atmosphere was excellent ! Location has to be one of the best in town (you can walk to all the main attractions of the city from the hostel without a problem). I would seriously recommend this place!

• 3rd Apr 2014

A job well done by a great hostel. If you're coming to Toronto, stay here.

• 3rd Apr 2014

The location and the Victorian style of the hostel is really great. Breakfast could have been a bit more than just industrial pancakes, but at least it was included. Also nice courtesy: free towels. Unfortunately we did not have locks for the in-room lockers and they do not lend any, you would have to buy them at the reception.

• 1st Apr 2014

Great location and free wifi and breakfast. The room wasn't a huge size though for 6 beds and not much space for bags but I'd definitely recommend it.

No, not the best but far from the worst. The staff were extremely friendly, especially Helen. My only complaint is that it was way too loud after 11pm. Their rule was after 11 to keep the volume down but they did not enforce it. The breakfast was good, free tea was great, and they have a lot of activities you can partake in. There were plenty of bathrooms which is always a plus and it was walking distance to good restaurants and grocery/liquor stores. I will stay again!

I loved this place! There was a great atmosphere, a great mix of people, and the staff were friendly and obliging...wish I could've stayed longer. Did I mention the pancakes were pretty amazing as well?

Very helpful with a great location also very clean, safe and good atmosphere.

noisy heating Autistic atmosphere in a young population with no worries exchange

• 8th Feb 2014

We had just one night here on a stop-over from New York back to London. The lady on reception was really helpful in giving us advice on what we could do in our short trip, making recommendations on where to eat. Room was warm (very important when it's minus 12C outside) and a good size. I'd love to come back to Toronto and the hostel again.

I was really excited to find a hostel located only blocks away from the convention centre where I attended a conference. I loved that I could easily walk to and from the conference, and there were plenty of pubs and restaurants near by. I can imagine tourists would love it! Easy access to almost anything in Toronto. The hostel staff were great, the room was clean, and the rest of the hostel had a typical hostel feel. My only complaint is that the temperature was either too hot or too cold.

• 28th Jan 2014

The staff was really helpful and the location is excellent. The only problem for me was the breakfast (it was cold and impossible to eat).

Thanks for the review! Sorry to hear you did not enjoy our breakfast – we serve bagels on the weekends and pancakes during the week and it’s complimentary.

Enjoyed my stay for the most part. Facilities were clean, room warm, the night staff could have been a bit friendlier to those guests trying to enjoy a couple drinks at night :)

Sorry you felt our night staff were unfriendly; we ask that noise be kept to a minimum after 11pm so that guests who would like an early night are able to sleep. Thanks for the feedback.

Breakfast was 1 bagel with jelly and 1 cup of coffee, there were neither hand soap nor hair dryer in the room.

Thanks for the feedback. At breakfast we offer the option to buy a second bagel and also have fruit and various spreads available for purchase near reception. We endeavour to provide hand soap in all our washrooms and there are hairdryers you can borrow from reception.

This hostel is rad. I enjoyed my 2 night stay so much that i've actually extended my stay another week and will probably continue to stay here while i'm in Toronto! Desk Staff are so helpful especially the guy that helped me get all my bags up the stairs and the girl that helped me print off my resume LEGENDS!

• 16th Jan 2014

Thanks for the great review - glad to have you stay with us!

Really good people work here, made me feel welcome , easily approachable

• 11th Jan 2014

Definitely one of the nicer hostels I've stayed in! Staff were really nice. Lots of space in rooms, comfortable beds. Good kitchen facilities.

Thanks for the fantastic review! We hope to see you again.