Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Amazing!!! We met so many great people! Rooms were clean (towels included!) and even though bathrooms were shared they were always clean. Wine and cheese night was wonderful and you can't beat the location! 10 min walk to Chinatown and 20 min walk to CN tower !

• 30th Jul 2015

Thanks for the fantastic review – we hope to see you again soon!

Good hostel to stay in. Close to the city center and very close to ByWard market (bars & restaurents)

Thanks for the review!

Old building, very poorly ventilated.

• 27th Jul 2015

This was the best hostel I have stayed in by far. Amazing breakfast and facilities.

Thanks for the wonderful review – we look forward to seeing you again!

One of those traditional, 'hippy' type hostels. I liked it. Nice atmosphere. Bathrooms can get a bit grubby by late evening and ready for a lick of paint in places. My one issue was that the staff should regulate behaviour in the common room more. There were a few people who completely dominated the common room, playing their music loud, shouting and talking really loudly and generally attracting as much attention as they could. It made it uncomfortable for others using the common room.

In the rooms the space for everyone's stuff isn't big enough. And unfortunately because of the bad isolation and old house, if you sleep on the groundfloor you hear everything from the second floor and rooms next to yours.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Thanks for your feedback – if there is not enough space in your room then we have several locker rooms available for guest use. We also have free earplugs at reception should you have any trouble sleeping.

everything was perfect! great location, people, and atmosphere. canadiana backpackers is the best in hostels!

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Thanks for the great review – we hope you come and stay again soon!

Location is good. Staff are friendly. But the worst is the cleanliness there. I stayed there for three nights every night I made a meal for my own. I could see ten flies when making meal. The kitchen facilities are old and dirty. You will get one bagel and two spreads for breakfast almost every day. It was a bad experience for me when arriving in Toronto.

Thanks for the feedback – sorry to hear that you did not find the kitchen sparkling clean – we do clean it 3 times a day but perhaps you caught it just before one of the cleaning times.

Fun, sociable hostel in the centre of town with nightly events for socialising. Staff are friendly and helpful, and you can book tours to places like Niagara from reception. Only problem I had was that my mattress had seen better days and was a little uncomfortable, but I enjoyed my stay and would stay again.

Very big but cosy hostel. Good place for meeting a lot of people. And strikt cleaning every day. :)

Thanks for the great review – we hope to see you again!

The staff are amazing people. They make the hostel what it is. Many thanks.

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Thanks for the great feedback!

Had a great time, the room was really clean. Atmosphere not as good as it's such a big hostel so it was harder to start a conversation with people.

Thanks for the review – we host events every night of the week (BBQ, pub crawls, visits to the art gallery etc) to help people meet eachother in the hostel!

The location and the atmosphere were the two pieces that make this a really great hostel. Having things like "free wine and cheese night" make it very easy to meet people. Aside from that, everything was fine. The rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfortable.

• 16th Jul 2015

Thanks for the wonderful review – come and stay again soon!

Had a ball thanks to everyone who helped to make my holiday the best ever wine and cheese evening great fun as is all the hostels group activities highly recommend everyone to stay here :-)

• 15th Jul 2015

Thanks for the great feedback – we hope to see you again!

Great location but the hostel was quite noisy, I could hear a lot of partying to my room. Plus there was a mixed up in the four person room i was staying in - it was accidentally booked for five people and the mistake was noticed in the middle of the night. Otherwise, the central location and the friendly staff made it an okay place to stay in.

Thanks for the review – we’re sorry to hear about the mix up that occurred in your room

Good location. Facilities, especially the kitchen, seem a bit run down. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thanks for the feedback – we’re very proud of our staff!

I really liked this hostel. It's clean and there's a great atmosphere. The employees are very nice and helpful. You can find vending machines to buy snacks and beverages at a fair price. The coffee machine is also great. Coffee is free at breakfast time, then it's just about a dollar any other time. You can also buy tickets for the hop on, hop off bus here, book your day trip to Niagara Falls with great discounts! and the City Pass booklet, as well as many other things you can do here.

Thanks for the fantastic review! We hope to see you again in the future.

We had a problem with our car which was blocked by another car. This was a big problem for us because we rented the car and had a flight a few ours later. The owner of the hostel decided to book and a pay a limosine to the airport and the hostel brought the car back to the rental company. What a great service!!!!!!!

Thanks for the great review – we were glad to be able to help in some way! We hope to see you again one day!

I only stayed here one night but would definitely come back! The Australian guy at reception was super friendly and helpful when I arrived late at night and the pancakes for breakfast were great.

Thanks for the review! We hope to see you in the future.

Our stay at Canadiana was fabulous - clean facilities, planned activities to get people socializing and a great location. Big shout out to Dan and Trina for planning a great night out and making everyone feel welcome and Madeleine from reception for her helpfulness and friendly manner. Shame we couldn't stay longer! Love from Maarit, Emma and Katie.

Thanks for your fantastic review! We are very proud of our staff and we’re glad that they were able to ensure you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!