Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Had a ball thanks to everyone who helped to make my holiday the best ever wine and cheese evening great fun as is all the hostels group activities highly recommend everyone to stay here :-)

• 15th Jul 2015

Thanks for the great feedback – we hope to see you again!

Great location but the hostel was quite noisy, I could hear a lot of partying to my room. Plus there was a mixed up in the four person room i was staying in - it was accidentally booked for five people and the mistake was noticed in the middle of the night. Otherwise, the central location and the friendly staff made it an okay place to stay in.

Thanks for the review – we’re sorry to hear about the mix up that occurred in your room

Good location. Facilities, especially the kitchen, seem a bit run down. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thanks for the feedback – we’re very proud of our staff!

I really liked this hostel. It's clean and there's a great atmosphere. The employees are very nice and helpful. You can find vending machines to buy snacks and beverages at a fair price. The coffee machine is also great. Coffee is free at breakfast time, then it's just about a dollar any other time. You can also buy tickets for the hop on, hop off bus here, book your day trip to Niagara Falls with great discounts! and the City Pass booklet, as well as many other things you can do here.

Thanks for the fantastic review! We hope to see you again in the future.

We had a problem with our car which was blocked by another car. This was a big problem for us because we rented the car and had a flight a few ours later. The owner of the hostel decided to book and a pay a limosine to the airport and the hostel brought the car back to the rental company. What a great service!!!!!!!

Thanks for the great review – we were glad to be able to help in some way! We hope to see you again one day!

I only stayed here one night but would definitely come back! The Australian guy at reception was super friendly and helpful when I arrived late at night and the pancakes for breakfast were great.

Thanks for the review! We hope to see you in the future.

Our stay at Canadiana was fabulous - clean facilities, planned activities to get people socializing and a great location. Big shout out to Dan and Trina for planning a great night out and making everyone feel welcome and Madeleine from reception for her helpfulness and friendly manner. Shame we couldn't stay longer! Love from Maarit, Emma and Katie.

Thanks for your fantastic review! We are very proud of our staff and we’re glad that they were able to ensure you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again!

Nothing bad to report. I had a great stay here. Comfortable, friendly good breakfast and fast wifi. A very clean and well Organized hostel.

Thanks for the wonderful review – we hope to see you again soon!

Really nice and comfortable hostel. I only stayed one night and i was at the end of an exhausting trip, so didn't have a chance to join into any activities, but they sounded great! I was lucky enough to get the bonus double bed in my dorm too! I'll definitely stay there again next time I'm in Toronto.

Thanks for the great review – we look forward to seeing you next time!

Great facilities and staff. Room was extremely hot - that was the only issue with my stay

• 4th Jul 2015

Thanks for the review – sorry to hear your room was so hot – if this happens next time, just let us know at reception and we can adjust the temperature in your room or provide a fan to cool you down.

Had an amazing stay at Canadiana, even though I couldn't participate of their nightly activities. The staff was friendly, very informative and really helpful (Our Niagara tour guide forgot me and my boyfriend at the Falls, and someone from the Canadiana staff was really kind to contact the tour agency and helped us find him! Thank you!) The place is quiet during the day but the atmosphere and design of the hostel makes it very welcoming. I loved Toronto and will come back to Canadiana.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Thanks for the great feedback! We’re glad we were able to help reunite you with your tour guide! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

We had an excellent three night stay at the Canadiana. Friendly staff, good accommodation, and an excellent karaoke night. The one let down was breakfast, but since it was free, it seems a bit churlish to complain too much!

Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you at karaoke next time.

Great location, helpful staff and decent rooms. Liked being in the separate house as it wasn't too noisy. Loved the free pancake breakfast in the morning :)

Thanks for the fantastic feedback! Come and see us again soon.

I stayed at this hostel for 8 days and can highly recommend it. On check in the staff were wonderfully friendly and the facilitieswere excellent. The location is perfect for exploring downtown Toronto and the atmosphere in the hostel was lively and friendly. I would recommend taking the tour of Niagara falls that you can book through the hostel as it's the cheapest around and well worth the money. Overall a great place to stay and I hope to return one da

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Wales

Thanks for the great review! We hope to see you again in the future.

The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms were well kept and great value for money.

Thanks for your fantastic feedback – we hope to see you in the future!

Best Hostel in Toronto! If you look for party and comfort this is the place. Laura at the front desk is super nice!

Thanks for the great review! We’re glad to hear that had fun and were comfortable here; we’re very lucky with our staff.

Great hostel.. Loved the free breakfast and hot chocolate:)

Thanks for the great feedback – our hot chocolate is yummy!

There's no better location, short walks to every part of the city! Free pancake breakfast with tea and coffee in a lovely common area. Room and beds were clean with a private bathroom per room, which I found very convenient. They even have parking lots right behind the house, which made our arrival and stay in Toronto a lot easier. As the atmosphere among the guests is great and people sit together in the evening, I would definitely go there again!

Thanks for your fantastic review – come and stay again soon!

Enjoyable stay but the room was really hot. No ac. Great location . Nice helpful staff .

Thanks for your review! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay – if your room is too hot, just let us know at reception and we can adjust the temperature of the AC for you.

I didn't really get to see much of this place I basically checked in, dropped my stuff off and went out to Khao San Road (Thai food) for some late dinner. The layout of the room was weird and sadly they had metal bunk beds that weren't the quietest to sleep in... There seemed to be a fairly active social scene in the main building but I stayed at one of the buildings next door number 48 I recall. The hostel is not the newest but does have a positive vibe about it

Thanks for the feedback, we're glad that you enjoyed your stay.