Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Last minute desperate accommodation in the busiest time of the year in Toronto for TIFF. Maybe it's a better option than other places in Toronto but not so well maintained, rather depressing, and sadly free but pathetic breakfast. Filthy shared space, the whole property falling apart. Location however is by far the most convenient. If you really prioritize being in the middle of most touristy area, this probably is it.

Sorry that you did not have a good experience but you were looking for a four star hotel but wanting to pay hostel prices. We are always looking to improve and will review the things you mentioned.

I stayed for 2 nights and had a good time. Loved the free pancakes in the morning. Rooms were spacious.

Thanks for your review

Couldn't get WiFi to work. Pancake + coffee for breakfast. Clean rooms and plenty of bathrooms.

Thanks for your feedback! We have free computers available if anyone is struggling with the wifi. See you again!

The staff is really friendly and helpful. Great location (a few blocks away from the CN tower/rogers stadium/aquarium and within walkable distance of all downtown main areas). I enjoyed finding a Hooters next block on that rainy evening. The complimentary pancakes and coffee in the morning are nice, and if you'd rather have something else they are selling other breakfast items.

Thanks for your review! We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

worst bagels ever, very hot and stuffy room but I'd stay again in a heartbeat..., the staff are super, location is prime, front desk is 24/7. loved sitting on the front steps watching the world go by...

Thanks for your feedback – sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the bagels but we’re glad that you had a good stay!

Good hostel, good location, good air con which was much needed. Pretty good.

Thanks for your review!

This was a really great hostel! I stayed in a few in Toronto in my various trips there and this was the best hands-down. Really nailed the right kind of friendly hostel atmosphere, the location was great and the staff were fantastic. I managed to leave some important documents in the hostel after I left to catch my flight out to Halifax, and the staff went above and beyond to help me out - scanning all the documents I needed and emailing them to me.

• 31st Aug 2014

Thanks for your fantastic review! We’re glad we could help out!

Very nice place. Been here 4 separate times and had no problems at all. Love the atmosphere, and the overall homey feel. Daily events is always a plus. The location makes most attractions within walking distance, especially for movie go-ers. Free pancake breakfast and a patio with a pool table are the cherries on top. Good job Canadiana.

• 24th Aug 2014

Thanks for your wonderful review! We hope to see you a fifth time!

It was an amazing stay, I wish I could've stay longer

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Thanks for your review! Come and stay longer next time!

Really nice hostel, friendly staff, and lots of useful facilities. Could improve the breakfast and the free computers though.

Thanks for your feedback, we’re glad you got along well with our staff! Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast – we have many breakfast items (fruits, cereals, pastries, etc) available for purchase. We have now fixed our free computers and they are running smoothly.

Had a very good time! Thanks again to the nice and helpful staff! Everyone was great and Vera was always a lot of fun. Location is also rather good: in Entertainment District and only a few minutes walk from the CN Tower.

Thanks for your review! Vera is a very treasured staff member. Come back again soon!

The hostel is in a good location, the staff were helpful and friendly and we met a lot of cool people. They also have a lot of activities. Only negative: The private rooms were super small and there were ants coming up through a small hole in the floor

Thanks for the review! We’re glad you had a good stay but very sorry to hear about the ants in your room. This is a rare occurrence and we are not able to find said ants.

Great hostel. would highly recommend :)

Thanks for the feeback

Don't expect a big breakfast!

Thanks for the review – sorry to hear you were not full after breakfast; we have many breakfast items available for purchase including fruits, cereals and pastries.

I liked this hostel! The rooms and beds were good, free wifi and breakfast and perfect location! I would come again!

Thanks for taking the time to review us – we hope you do come and stay again!

Really enjoyed my stay here! Very friendly and helpful staff and the hostel is in a great location. Nothing negative to say

Thanks for the wonderful review!

Great Location and great friendly and helpful staff.i will definitely stay here again

Thanks so much for your review!

Great location, nice staff, good facilities incl. lockers for left luggage (a rare find!). A bit pricey compared to other places I've stayed for a similar amount. Could use a bit of reno but all-in-all fine as a hostel.

Thanks for the feedback! The hostel is in old Victorian buildings which we are continually renovating. We're glad you enjoyed the facilities we have to offer here.

The window of the room can't be opened while the air conditioner is old and very noisy. As a result, unless u can endure the annoying noises, u can't go to sleep until well passed mid-night when the temperature is falling down.

Thanks for your review- Sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping in the hot weather. The air conditioner is not old but it does make some noise. Temperatures can soar in Toronto summers; next time just ask for some free earplugs from reception to block out the noise of the air con!

This place was incredibly noisy. Not only were there people shouting loudly as they came and went at all hours of the night, but the beds themselves creaked so loudly that whenever you moved around, you would wake up the other person in the room, and sometimes even yourself! Not a pleasant stay for that reason.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear that the hostel was a little noisy while you were with us- we do our best to keep noise to a minimum after 11pm in the hostel. We shall look into the creaking beds, but in the meantime, free earplugs are available at reception.