Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

2034 Total Reviews

Very friendly and helpful staff, tasty bagel in the morning and I liked the location. Bit too much of a party hostel for my tastes but if you like that then it's a good spot.

Thanks for your review – we’re glad you enjoyed your breakfast!

Reception area is dirty, back office is cluttered and service unprofessional. I was not directed to my room, so I walked all the way upstairs and couldn't find it. Went back to reception who told me my room was in the opposite direction, not helpful. Bunk beds are made of cheap metal that make noise every time someone moves in bed. Don't expect to get much sleep. Sheets given to me had black hairs all over it. Free breakfast was bad; cheap water pancakes & watered down coffee. I don't recommend!

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear that this is your impression of Canadiana – we have many satisfied guests and the issues you mentioned are not ones we frequently encounter. We’re sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay – we have free earplugs available at reception, should you need them, and many breakfast items available for purchase (such as pastries, fruit, yoghurt etc) in addition to the free breakfast provided.

Staff were helpful and genuinely nice Place was clean and it was noticed that staff were keeping it that way Guests listened and followed the rules Access to the hostel could be gained by anybody even though guests had keys so a review of this is needed but I felt safe

Thanks for the great review! In terms of safety, our front door is locked at midnight – this is why all guests are given a front door key with their room key. We’re glad you felt safe with us!

One of the better hostels I have stayed in! Wifi worked amazing which was a plus for doing school work! Parking was a bit tight but overall great value for the price. I would stay at this hostel again if I was in the Toronto area for anything.

• 26th Mar 2015

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! We’ve just upgraded our wifi so we’re glad you noticed it working well. Our parking is a little tight but there are 1 or 2 spaces that are suitable for larger cars so just mention you’d like one of those next time you come to stay!

Was a very nice hostel clean and tidy, only stopped the one night and our room stunk of chicken being cooked from a resturant that backed into what felt like our bedroom window apart from that great night sleep and friendly staff and awesome breakfast

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry to hear that you could smell food – there aren’t any restaurants backing directly on to the property so it’s pretty unusual for that to happen! We’re glad you had a great stay otherwise – we hope to see you in the future.

Amazing hostel

Thanks for the great review!

I thought the hostel was actually amazing, the staff where super helpful and extremely nice. The atmosphere was great and everyone was cheerful. The beds where comfy and the rooms where clean, actually....the whole hostel was clean. I honestly wouldn't say anything negative about the hostel apart from WIFI issues as i did not always get good signal but hey, your on holiday why would you care about the internet. but that did not affect my opinion as i will be using that hostel again in the future

• 22nd Mar 2015

Thanks for the great review! We’ve just upgraded our wifi so it should be working perfectly for your next visit!

The hostel is generally well-equipped, but it seems to large and accommodates too many people. I could not find my own food box in the kitchen because all of them are occupied and people seem to stay for a very long period, like several months. However, it is worth the money if you do not have much budget.

Thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear that you were not able to find a foodbox – just ask a member of staff if you need a box to store your food and we will do our best to find one for you.

Awesome hostel, very friendly and helpful staff! Great hostel to meet new people because of its big common area where it is almost automatic that you get talking with other people. Good and organized kitchen facilities. All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Canadiana, I had the best time there. Thanks!

• 19th Mar 2015

Thanks for the wonderful review! We hope to see you again!

If you are an auctioneer and thrust out your words as a machine gun spit bullets, you will maybe be able to follow all the instructions and information given at check-in. The girl speak far too fast. The hostel? Wonderful experience, safe and with enough space. Good breakfast also, but it would be even better if there was some juice or something like that to drink. Perfect location and it is easy to walk to landmarks downtown, CN tower or Air Canada centre for example, as well as the metro.

Thanks for taking the time to review us! Sorry to hear that your check in was a little fast, there is a lot of information to relay! We’re glad you had a good stay otherwise – our breakfast includes free coffee and hot chocolate and we have free tea available 24/7 to quench your thirst when we see you again!

A really good hostel with a nice atmosphere. In the morning they offer a small breakfast. The pancakes were good. If you want you can participate in activities every evening. In total I can recommend this hostel and will book it again if I return to Toronto.

Thanks for the great feedback – we hope to see you in the future!

Really, i love it. The staff is awesome! I was there in st Patrick and theyorganizae a party..it was really really fun. People are awesome there. The breakfast is ok, wifi signal also is really good. The most beautiful thing it has is the causy common room. There are free coffee and tea everyday, and lot of people always there. Canadians are awesome!!!! they are cute funny helpful.

Thanks for the wonderful review! We hope to see you again soon!

Excellent Hostel. I would stay again if and when I return to Toronto.

Thanks for your review!

Great stay here as always! Staff great, beds comfy. Best hostel in Toronto.

Thanks for the great feedback – we hope to see you again soon!

Staff are friendly and accommodating, location is centrally located and you can easily get to many shops, bars and restaurants. Washrooms are pretty clean, but the one I had smelled weird. The atmosphere is quite friendly. A nice old building atmosphere. Bring your ear plugs because the walls are paper thin. The price was pretty average.

Thanks for your review! We have free earplugs available at reception, in case they are needed.

Good hostel!

Thanks for the review!

I had a wonderful time. The staff is awesome! They are the epitome of customer service! The facility was immaculate. Temperatures were -19, felt like -29 and I never felt uncomfortable while inside the hostel. Lots of coffee, tea, and chocolate were available. The whole setup is worth the money, every penny. You are getting quite a bang for your buck. A bed, security, convenience to shopping, dining, and town center. Don't want to dine out, prep meal in hostel kitchen. You meet amazing guests!!

• 16th Feb 2015

Thanks for the great review! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay – come and see us again soon!

I've stayed here a few times and is probably the best hostel in Toronto. Great location and good facilities and love the pancake breakfast (the bagel one is blah thou). They could use some lamps in the rooms though to make the experience more pleasant.

Thanks for the review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Only thing I didn't like about this hostel was the number of long term stayers living their.

Thanks for your review! We like our guests to feel at home and hope that you still enjoyed your stay with us.

Location is ideal. Right between King and Queen St. where there's plenty to do and eat. Super close to the CN tower, museums and other attractions. Breakfast every morning was provided and on the Monday we left there was pancakes! The common room always had other visitors hanging out, games to play, and books to borrow and on Valentine's Day the hostel even put together a speed dating/friend making event. Wifi was included which is always a plus for a traveler.

• 13th Feb 2015

Thanks for the great review – we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again in the future.