Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

1976 Total Reviews

I had such a good time that 3 days didn't seem long enough so I booked another week :)

Thanks for your review – we’re glad that you decided to stay a little longer!

Amazing hostel I would go back in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the great review – we hope to see you again soon!

Some of the staff here were super helpful and nice. Thanks for a great stay!

• 26th Jan 2015

Thanks for the great review - we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again one day!

The Canadiana is an ideal hostel for backpackers. I was traveling alone, but always found people to hang out with in the hostel. Furthermore, since I was going to Cuba for a couple of weeks in between stays at the Canadiana, I could leave a suitcase with winter clothes at the hostel for only a dollar per day. This service was very secure and helpful.

Thanks for your great review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and could make good use of our storage facilities!

Decent, above average, hostel. I found the staff very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great, a nice common area. My free breakfast bagel was pretty horrible though, it was stale, and not to be a food snob, but it wasn't even a real bagel. So breakfast was a huge disappointment. would have liked if top bunks had a shelf or something for personal items like cellphones (aka my alarm clock) and some hand towels in the bathroom would be nice

Thanks for your review - we're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the free breakfast. The bagels come fresh from a local bakery and we do have other breakfast items available for purchase - pastries, yoghurt, fruit etc.

I LOVED staying at this hostel! The people were so great both staff and guests. Free tea all day was amazing. There are books to read, a fairly large common room. The beds are comfy (even if they are a little noisy). Large lockers to keep your stuff in in the room. Spacious rooms. Clean. If you're a party goer than it's great because it's off the main drag of nightclubs. It's only a 5 min walk away from the subway. I can't rate it high enough. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• 13th Jan 2015

Thanks for your wonderful review - we hope to see you again in the future!

Great Location and nice Atmosphere. I loved the common area to hang around and get a free tea. For me this is a typical Backpacker where you can meet People. Staff organices daily Events which is great. Definitely would come back and can recommend this Hostel

Thanks for the great review! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future.

wifi sometimes disconnects. staffs are very helpful. not easy to travel from airport, i took taxi (cad55)

Thanks for your feedback - if you find you are having trouble with the wifi we have computers available free of charge, so you can still access the internet. Travelling from the airport can be a little tricky - if you do not have the budget to take a taxi, then for just $3 you can take the bus/subway to reach us in an hour.

Very easy to organise trip to niagara falls from front desk discounted and also gets included hop on hop off bus tour! Very handy!

Thanks for your review - we're glad you enjoyed the Niagara Tour!

Great location! I stayed by myself and made some really good friends. Friendly atmosphere.

Thanks for your review - we'd glad you enjoyed your stay!

Everything was great except the weather which was freezing .

Thanks for your review! The weather is a little fresh in Toronto this time of year…

Everyone I met at the hostel was very friendly, and although I went as part of a group of 10, we met other people and had loads of fun. We only wish we that could have stayed another night to get to know more people.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • taytaybwell

Thanks for the review – we’re glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and hope we will see you again for a longer stay!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »