Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

I found the staff and atmosphere friendly, however cleanliness was lacking (showers and toilets often dirty). While I was excited at the idea of the pancake breakfast, coffee was horrible (just enough coffee to slightly color the water, even tea has a darker color!) and pancakes were honestly bad.

• 26th May 2014

Very nice stay! Just what we needed for a quick weekend trip to see the sights in downtown Toronto.

• 23rd May 2014

It was really comfy, and staffs were so nice. If I visit Toronto again, I will definitely choose here again!

• 23rd May 2014
  • South Korea

Great hostel! I'll definitely stay there again if I come back to toronto. If you're looking for private rooms it's even better because they're in a separate house so you get your privacy if that's what you're looking for, but the shared rooms are great too. The one thing I have to complain is that the drawers in my room were a little dusty but everything else, including washroom were very clean.

• 19th May 2014
  • luizram1680

Very clean Great wifi everywhere Free breakfast Great location Very helpful staff Can't really fault this place at all

The "suite" was really small and we didn't really want to spend any more time there but to sleep, which was a shame because it rained the whole time we were in Toronto and we got wet a lot. Also, the breakfast was terrible. The staff was really helpful and friendly though.

I enjoyed my stay here. Too bad the neighborhood looks like it is going to be developed into concrete skyscrapers soon.

• 13th May 2014

The staff were really friendly and helpful. I got there early in the morning and had a locker to leave my backpack and all the information I needed to enjoy the city the most I could, since I was staying only for 2 days. I really enjoyed my stay there. :)

The feel of a hostel where a lot of people are staying long-term, which wasn't ideal for me stopping through, but may be just what you're looking for.

Too few washrooms and washing maschines, quite loud beneath the stairs..

Great atmosphere. Excellent value for money. Superb way to meet new people from all over the world. Plenty of seating space for everyone, including the outside! Events put on every day, which makes it all more worthwhile staying here. Accommodation is good and comfy. Showers and toilets very clean. I like the smell of the soap!

Awesome hostel and great location

I already deposited 12% when I booked online. The balance should be 88% of total price. however, the staff charged me 100% when I checked in. they said 12% is the tax, but never stated in the hostel world.kitchen is small, other than these , everything is fine, bed and room are clean, staffs are nice and helpful !!, kitchen is small. Pretty good hostel!!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Amazing place, awesome location and happy and helpfull staff. The only thing that bothered me was the refrigerators. They were too full and smelly. Apart from that everything was wonderful!

The bathroom was too small and dirty. I didn't feel confortable to use it.

• 28th Apr 2014

Really nice hostel, staff is awesome. The breakfast is good, but if you want something extra, better buy outside and bring it in the morning to eat while drinking free hot chocolate, coffee, tea, etc provided there.

Only one shower at our floor was working.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

This is a good hostel for a traditional backpacker, lots of activities planned and a busy social area. I found the hostel to be quite noisy so wasn't suitable for my weekend stopover however overall think it was a good hostel. The location is good, right near transit and a reasonable walk into the centre of town.

I already deposited 12% price when I booked a bed online. The blance should be 88% of total price to the hotel! however, the staff charged me 100% price when I checked in. She said that the hostels worldwide is not giving them the money which I already paid, so I need to give her full price. This is really bad. One of them lied.

My first impression upon arriving was that the hostel seemed quite rowdy and full of really young people trying to get drunk... actually, after a good night's sleep, Canadiana Backpackers seemed a much nicer place in the morning. Staff were friendly and helpful, the free breakfast and coffee was great. My room was comfortable and quiet. The location of this hostel is really good - so central, but not on a busy road. Not easy to cook your own food here, not much space for that.

• 21st Apr 2014