Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Very good hostel in an excellent location in the centre of town. Friendly staff and very affordable.

Car needs to be parked immediately. I was fined $40 within 5 minutes.

Location and cleanliness are really good. WiFi works perfect. The breakfast was poor.

I sent and email about the rude receptionist girl over your web site on 23th of july. I wrote about what happened in the hostel.

This was my first experience in a hostile and it was amazing. I was hitch-hiking around the country for the summer and stopped in for a few nights. I met a lot of great people there just hanging out in the evenings and there is plenty to do within walking distance. I'd come back for sure!

• 7th Jul 2014

We stayed in this hostel twice, in early July and late July. Our first time was good: our assigned room had good A/C, and the showers were great. But our second time was terrible. The A/C in the new room did nothing. We were given a fan, but the plugs were too far from our beds to feel it, so we barely slept. Bugs on the floor. My top bunk had no proper ladder, so I half-fell each time. When I told the staff, they acted indifferent and said they were fully booked. I will not return.

Nice hostel located in some old buildings pretty much in the center of Toronto. Most sights are within walking distance. The staff was very helpful, both with questions on the hostel's facilities and sights and activities in Toronto. Our room was clean and rather spacious, bathrooms (including showers) clean enough to not feel uncomfortable using them. The breakfast (pancakes during the week, bagels on the weekend) was not particularly good, but at least you get something. We were satisfied.

I would recommend this accommodation. It was in a good location with easy access to most things. We had a private room which was quite small as we only had one bag each but apart from that, was good.

The staff was helpful and nice. I would definitely recommend it! The only bad thing is that there isn't enough bathrooms and we had to wait, sometime as long as 45 min. But if I need to come back, I'll go there again!

By far the best hostel in Toronto, I would definitely come back!! And the stuff is awesome, especially the wine&cheese Thursdays!

• 27th Jun 2014

Room 9 was very comfortable, but could have had a stronger air conditioner. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• 26th Jun 2014

Staffs are helpful and very encouraging !!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Really enjoyed my time here and hope to return. The staff are really friendly and helpful and they keep the place slick and span. Keep up the good work.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

화장실 쓰레기통이 하루에 2~3번씩 비워져있는걸 봤으니 청결에 신뢰가 갑니다만 방청소는 안해주시는듯 합니다. 바닥이 그대로더군요. 조식 팬케익과 커피는 좋았어요. 위치는 정말 좋아요. 걸어서 CN타워, 하버프론트, 토론토아일랜드는 가깝고 차이나타운, 다운타운도 충분해요.

I had a brilliant time during my stay here, met some great ppl, and bbq on patio during my earlier stay was a great idea. Staff are so helpful..would definitely recommend this hostel to friends

• 16th Jun 2014

So here we go! I have traveled alot over the last 5 years, in 25 countries and have stayed in alot of hostels, I might even open my own one day. The Canadiana was really one of the best hostels Ive stayed at, a true Canadian spirit, its unique ideas of how things should be done there truly brings this backpacker to the tops of North America. Youve got it all there, from an awesome location to a friendly staff, helpfull, and smiley ;). The set up is very smart, rooms are great and all so clean!

Nice clean place. People were nice and it's comfy and has a nice atmosphere. Quiet and feels like home with the leaving room or outside there were drinking and talking so nice time. I was in HI which I didn't like. It was industry atmosphere and in Canadiana it was homy. internet was way better. The niagara tour was cheaper than HI as well

The showers were cold.

This is a nice hostel, even if it doesn't have a lot of character just cos it's so huge. But by being so large they have all the facilities you could possibly need, helpful and charismatic staff, lots of info on this to do in the area, and are mostly pretty clean. Breakfast sucks though, with extremely artificial pancakes and no other options. Toast would probably actually be nicer. It did have a very party feel to it though, not a place for quiet people who want to sleep.

The hostel is on best of the locations in downtown Toronto with proximity to subway, eateries, shopping etc. The front desk staff are extremely helpful especially Ms. CJ who receives guests with warmth and cheer even during late night check in. You can probably include some juice and fruits in the breakfast menu which could probably help guests during mornings. Otherwise pancakes and bagels are good. The bathrooms are maintained clean and tidy. The towels and linen are also equally clean.