Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

The breakfast is not really good. Just bread and a coffee

Thanks for your review- sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the breakfast. We do have many breakfast items available for purchase in case you are still hungry after the free breakfast provided!

The WiFi there was not so good, others just ok. Thank them

Thanks for your review!

For me, the perfect place to stay: located at the heart of the city, with activities for everyday, locker room to put your luggage and lock it with your own locker, etc.

Thanks for the fantastic review! We hope to see you again!

Everything was really good. Staff, environment, breakfast... BUT I never experienced hot water there. I stayed only one night though but not even at 11pm nor at 8am. I hope they have some :) I'd totally recommend this hostel for it's great vibe and location

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Thanks for the great review- we definitely do have hot water, we're just very sorry that you never experienced it! I had a shower in the hostel today and it was hot. We hope you come back again soon!

a good choice as the hostel is in the inner city; parking is cheap compared to the rest of the city. our room was a bit loud and some more showers would definetly be good.

Thanks for your feedback! We are pleased to offer cheap parking at the hostel. Sorry to hear you found things a little loud- we have free earplugs at reception for next time.

Leafy glade, Valkyries, and showers omg. This impeccable destination of distinction should not be overlooked by discerning travelers. Maybe they were half so happy having me as I was being there?

Thanks for the review!

The hostel is very good located, in the middle of downtown! The breakfast at the weekend is too small. You are allowed to have just one bagel, that's all. I never had in a hostel, that they limit the food! I had the impression that the staff has no idea who is coming into the hostel, especially at night!!!

Thanks for the feedback- we are very proud of our location. Sorry to hear you found the breakfast too small; we are pleased to be able to offer a free breakfast and do have additional breakfast items available for purchase. Our staff do keep an eye on who is in the hostel at all times- we do not permit guests in the hostel after 6pm.

Helpful staff, great location and ok breakfast. Uncomfortable beds but rooms were ok and had AC

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Norway

We were in a Private room, whit a Baby. We had not lots of space vere we could put the lugage and the Baby in one room, we didn't get a baby bed and our Bed was very hard. we stayed in a lot of other backpacker hostels and this was defently the smalest and the worest stay. there was also some prostitute in the neiberhood and we coudn't see the CN tower from the hostel. This was not like the discribtion on the page.

Thanks for the feedback. We do have a luggage room with very large lockers if guests have trouble fitting their luggage under their beds. I'm afraid we do not provide cots for babies! There has been a lot of construction in the area and so unfortunately you can no longer see the tower as clearly from our door!

We both thoroughly enjoyed our stay :)

Great! Thanks for the review!

....I am enjoying it very much 'cause im still here extending my stay..until when? ..I do not know. perhaps forever.......the staff (teresa, sandra and most esp rebecca and others.. make my/the travellers stay more enjoyable. U guys work so hard..thank you.

• 16th Jul 2014
  • Saint Vincent And The Grenadines

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are very lucky to have such a wonderful staff and so glad to hear you feel at home with us.

Very good hostel in an excellent location in the centre of town. Friendly staff and very affordable.

Thanks for the review- we're glad you enjoyed your stay!

Car needs to be parked immediately. I was fined $40 within 5 minutes.

Thanks for the review- we do have parking at the hostel but the traffic wardens are very strict!

Location and cleanliness are really good. WiFi works perfect. The breakfast was poor.

Thanks for the review! We do have additional breakfast items available for purchase if you are still peckish after the free breakfast provided.

I sent and email about the rude receptionist girl over your web site on 23th of july. I wrote about what happened in the hostel.

Thanks. We did receive your email and we have been looking into this matter. Thank you for taking the time to write.

This was my first experience in a hostile and it was amazing. I was hitch-hiking around the country for the summer and stopped in for a few nights. I met a lot of great people there just hanging out in the evenings and there is plenty to do within walking distance. I'd come back for sure!

• 7th Jul 2014

Thanks for the wonderful review! Our common areas are great for relaxing with fellow travellers, and our location means you cannot be bored. Come back again soon!

We stayed in this hostel twice, in early July and late July. Our first time was good: our assigned room had good A/C, and the showers were great. But our second time was terrible. The A/C in the new room did nothing. We were given a fan, but the plugs were too far from our beds to feel it, so we barely slept. Bugs on the floor. My top bunk had no proper ladder, so I half-fell each time. When I told the staff, they acted indifferent and said they were fully booked. I will not return.

Sorry to hear your second stay with us was not as good as the first. The summers in Toronto can be incredibly hot but we do our best with AC and fans to still give guests a good nights sleep. We usually are able to change a guest's room if they are unhappy but we are often fully booked in the summer so this cannot always be done; we have since ensured there are adequate ladders to access all of our top bunk beds.

Nice hostel located in some old buildings pretty much in the center of Toronto. Most sights are within walking distance. The staff was very helpful, both with questions on the hostel's facilities and sights and activities in Toronto. Our room was clean and rather spacious, bathrooms (including showers) clean enough to not feel uncomfortable using them. The breakfast (pancakes during the week, bagels on the weekend) was not particularly good, but at least you get something. We were satisfied.

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location convenient. We do have additional breakfast items for sale if anyone wishes to purchase anything extra.

I would recommend this accommodation. It was in a good location with easy access to most things. We had a private room which was quite small as we only had one bag each but apart from that, was good.

Thanks very much for your review!

The staff was helpful and nice. I would definitely recommend it! The only bad thing is that there isn't enough bathrooms and we had to wait, sometime as long as 45 min. But if I need to come back, I'll go there again!

Thanks for your great review! We have over 30 washrooms located throughout the hostel- if you find yourself having to wait for one to become available, just ask at reception and we can point you in the direction of many more! Come and stay again soon!