Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

My stay at Canadiana was excellent.The staff are very friendly and the location and services are an extra mile.

Thanks for the great review! Please come stay again soon!

Best atmosphere i've seen in any hostel.

• 20th Sep 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Awesome location, cannot have better. Good value for money. I am not sure how clean the toilets were though... and breakfast sucks. Anyway if you're looking for a budget place this is definitely a good place to stay.

Thank you for your review! We do clean our toilets twice a day. As well, we make an all you can eat pancake breakfast during the week, a bagel breakfast with your choice of spreads on the weekend, and always free coffee during breakfast and free tea throughout the day. We hope to see you again soon!

It was such a welcoming place. Easy and close to get to everything. People were amazing. My favourite hostel so far. Thank Canadiana

• 16th Sep 2015

We're so happy that we topped your list of favourite hostels! Thanks for the awesome review, and please come back soon!

Great stay. The staff know loads about the city, and are mostly travellers themselves. Small events most nights so travellers can meet each other. Only thing I'd say is that I had to move rooms on my last day (didn't mind at all), but no one told me until right before, then I didn't have a room for a few hours while my new room was cleaned. Not ideal when I was supposed to be out for the day and couldn't shower. Otherwise really great.

Thanks for the great review! Sorry to hear about the late notification on your room move - we usually send a reminder the night before to our guests. We hope to see you again in the future :)

Social wise this hostel was great. It was so easy to meet people and I loved that they were able to book you onto a Niagra Falls tour. They are so helpful with everything as well. The location of the hostel is fantastic. The room was disappointing. It had no working AC and so it was boiling every night. The bunk beds are also really creaky. Lockers were a good size. It's a bit strange that the bathrooms are cleaned about 8am at peak time. I would return just for the social aspect

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do have AC in all the rooms so I'm not sure why it wasn't cool - please let us know in the future so we can help fix it. The bathrooms are cleaned from 11am onwards, not 8am. Hope to see you again!

It was good.no issues.

• 12th Sep 2015

Glad you had a good stay!

Incredible location, really can't beat it. 10 minute walk to everywhere you want to go. My boyfriend and I got a private room which was great, very clean rooms and bathrooms, no complaints at all. Only disappointment would be they advertised a pub crawl for the Saturday night we were there and to meet in the lobby at 9:30, when we arrived there was absolutely nothing organized. A little disappointing but other than that great value for money.

We're glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry you weren't able to go on the pub crawl - we did have a pub crawl but sometimes it takes longer to round everyone up and leave the hostel by 9:30pm! We do try to have great events for our guests every night from quiz night on Monday, to karaoke on Thursday, to wine and cheese on Friday. Hope to see you again soon!

Great for solo traveller. Easy to meet people with large communal area & events organised each day, creating a great atmosphere overall. Rooms are basic, with not a great washroom to guest ratio.Be aware that front street is busy day & night with noise and people , but in an excellent location & able to get fairly good night sleep. Will defiantly pay another visit in the future.

Thank you for the great review - we look forward to seeing you again soon!

The atmosphere was very fun. Every one on the staff was friendly and helpful. The location is a very good spot in downtown. Walking distance to to many attractions. It was my first hostel stay and it was a awesome experience!

Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Hands down, one of the best places I've stayed at. I can't really think of anything to criticize, I stayed for 10 days and everything went smoothly

• 10th Sep 2015

Thank you for the great review! Come back and stay again soon!

It was all good thank you

• 8th Sep 2015

Very enjoyable visit loved the canoe trip and location was great.

Thank you for the fantastic review! Glad you enjoyed your stay and the canoeing!

Had an amazing time here,, great location and facilities and meet great people.. Will defiantly be returning 👍

• 4th Sep 2015

Thank you for the fantastic review! Glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you back in the future!

Place was great but no AC my girlfriend and I woke up in a puddle of sweat. Very hot but cheap and good location.

Thank you for the review! Sorry to hear your room was so hot - if this happens next time, just let us know at reception and we can adjust the temperature in your room or provide a fan to cool you down. Hope to have you back soon!

Really enjoyed our stay and will be returning in october! Excellent staff!

• 3rd Sep 2015

Amazing place. Staff are so friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean as we're the bathrooms and toilets. Couldn't have asked for a better place. Would recommend and most definitely go back.

• 2nd Sep 2015

I needed a cheap and convenient place to stay for a job interview in Toronto, and this hostel fit the bill! While there was definitely a fun and social vibe in the main building, the dorm building my room was in was quiet and good for sleeping. The bed had a wonderfully firm mattress, and there was an A/C unit in the room. Any facilities you could want were available, and the hostel is in the heart of Toronto, close to a lot of great eateries and attractions.

• 1st Sep 2015

Thank you for the fantastic review! Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Very good I would definitely come back

• 1st Sep 2015

Hope to see you again soon!

Awesome breakfast. nice place, nice rooms. Good hostel.