Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Great atmosphere. Excellent value for money. Superb way to meet new people from all over the world. Plenty of seating space for everyone, including the outside! Events put on every day, which makes it all more worthwhile staying here. Accommodation is good and comfy. Showers and toilets very clean. I like the smell of the soap!

Awesome hostel and great location

I already deposited 12% when I booked online. The balance should be 88% of total price. however, the staff charged me 100% when I checked in. they said 12% is the tax, but never stated in the hostel world.kitchen is small, other than these , everything is fine, bed and room are clean, staffs are nice and helpful !!, kitchen is small. Pretty good hostel!!

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Amazing place, awesome location and happy and helpfull staff. The only thing that bothered me was the refrigerators. They were too full and smelly. Apart from that everything was wonderful!

The bathroom was too small and dirty. I didn't feel confortable to use it.

• 28th Apr 2014

Really nice hostel, staff is awesome. The breakfast is good, but if you want something extra, better buy outside and bring it in the morning to eat while drinking free hot chocolate, coffee, tea, etc provided there.

Only one shower at our floor was working.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Belgium

This is a good hostel for a traditional backpacker, lots of activities planned and a busy social area. I found the hostel to be quite noisy so wasn't suitable for my weekend stopover however overall think it was a good hostel. The location is good, right near transit and a reasonable walk into the centre of town.

I already deposited 12% price when I booked a bed online. The blance should be 88% of total price to the hotel! however, the staff charged me 100% price when I checked in. She said that the hostels worldwide is not giving them the money which I already paid, so I need to give her full price. This is really bad. One of them lied.

My first impression upon arriving was that the hostel seemed quite rowdy and full of really young people trying to get drunk... actually, after a good night's sleep, Canadiana Backpackers seemed a much nicer place in the morning. Staff were friendly and helpful, the free breakfast and coffee was great. My room was comfortable and quiet. The location of this hostel is really good - so central, but not on a busy road. Not easy to cook your own food here, not much space for that.

• 21st Apr 2014

Hostel with a good localisation and very lively. Friendly staff. The icing on the cake : at the morning, we were served fresh pancakes, really great. I recommend this hostel.

Canadiana is a great hostel in a brilliant location. Most of the guests would often sit in the common room and stare at the walls though a handful were some of the coolest people I've met in a long time. Friendly staff, fun activities though the private room is the same price as the rex down the road and not really as nice. Suuuper loud bed but nice and clean warm room. The bathrooms were clean and really short walk to Chinatown. Overall a pretty good experience, thanks guys.

Very Good Hostel, Great location, definitly the best place to stay in Toronto

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Tunisia

Really nice hostel and staff.

The staff are friendly, there are plenty of activities on offer and the hostel is located in a quiet but accessible spot downtown. The showers are hot and spacious, the kitchen has plenty of storage space and facilities and the wifi is fast and reliable. Am staying again for another week.

The hostel is very noisy, the washrooms were not cleaned properly, the staff is very friendly to the "known" customers and only to them. I acctually depended also on the other guests staying there during my visit, but I just didn't feel comfortable and welcomed.

Great place and great location. We were close to the bars and shops as well as the sights. It smelled like beans when we got there lol but we got over it.

• 4th Apr 2014

Very loud even in the middle of the night as you can hear everything through the thin walls. Staff was very nice and I could check in at around 11 am which was very convenient for me. Breakfast is included but just consists of one bagel plus 2 spreads (jam, peanut butter) and drinks - everything else must be purchased extra.

I had a great time at this hostel! The staff was really friendly and helpful, breakfast was always nice, the toilets were constantly cleaned and the atmosphere was excellent ! Location has to be one of the best in town (you can walk to all the main attractions of the city from the hostel without a problem). I would seriously recommend this place!

• 3rd Apr 2014

A job well done by a great hostel. If you're coming to Toronto, stay here.

• 3rd Apr 2014