Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

The staff are friendly, there are plenty of activities on offer and the hostel is located in a quiet but accessible spot downtown. The showers are hot and spacious, the kitchen has plenty of storage space and facilities and the wifi is fast and reliable. Am staying again for another week.

The hostel is very noisy, the washrooms were not cleaned properly, the staff is very friendly to the "known" customers and only to them. I acctually depended also on the other guests staying there during my visit, but I just didn't feel comfortable and welcomed.

Great place and great location. We were close to the bars and shops as well as the sights. It smelled like beans when we got there lol but we got over it.

• 4th Apr 2014

Very loud even in the middle of the night as you can hear everything through the thin walls. Staff was very nice and I could check in at around 11 am which was very convenient for me. Breakfast is included but just consists of one bagel plus 2 spreads (jam, peanut butter) and drinks - everything else must be purchased extra.

I had a great time at this hostel! The staff was really friendly and helpful, breakfast was always nice, the toilets were constantly cleaned and the atmosphere was excellent ! Location has to be one of the best in town (you can walk to all the main attractions of the city from the hostel without a problem). I would seriously recommend this place!

• 3rd Apr 2014

A job well done by a great hostel. If you're coming to Toronto, stay here.

• 3rd Apr 2014

The location and the Victorian style of the hostel is really great. Breakfast could have been a bit more than just industrial pancakes, but at least it was included. Also nice courtesy: free towels. Unfortunately we did not have locks for the in-room lockers and they do not lend any, you would have to buy them at the reception.

I only stayed here one night super jetlagged, and was in a private room. But the reception staff went out of their way to help me with queries and let me know what was going on if I wanted to join in. There was a great atmosphere in the main area. The hostel is spread over several houses side-by-side, which meant it was pretty quiet where my room was, and everything was clean and comfy. Do recommend!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »