Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Nice location.you can do everything on foot. Staff very friendly.Good Value for money. Be sure you gonna meet people, it's big backpacker ! Good to stay at least 3 days And make some friend.

• 27th Nov 2013

Thanks for the review – we’re glad you found it to be a friendly place!

I have stayed at this hostel many times over the past 7 months, and I keep coming back here, it's in a great location, and the staff are always helpful, friendly and happy, they know there guests to, there's always something going on here, great events planned, I have always enjoyed my stay here

Thanks for the fantastic review! So many of our guests return to us and it’s always great to see familiar faces. See you again in the future!

A great downtown hostel. I would stay here again if I found myself in Toronto. Had a wonderful surprise on arrival, I had been upgraded from my booked 10 bed dorm to a private room. Had pancakes for breakfast :) Staff were super friendly and helpful. Showers were hot and bathrooms were clean. Only "complaint" is that in house 52 the front doors and bedroom doors slam really loud and sound echo's in the hall but earplugs solve that issue. Thank you for a great stay!

Thanks for the great review! We’re happy to hear the ear plugs helped you get some sleep, and that you enjoyed your upgrade! We hope to see you in the future.

A really good hostel with friendly staff, but there were so many people staying there long term and they weren't as social as general backpackers usually were. A really good location, but you can hear quite a lot of street noise in the rooms. Also needs more bathrooms per level.

Thanks for the feedback. We are very proud of our staff and location! We do our best to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and hold daily events where travellers can meet new friends. We have over 30 bathrooms (but have put up more signs indicating where they are) and as the hostel is set in old Victorian buildings noise can sometimes travel; we have free earplugs at reception.

Great location! We had a very nice stay.

• 9th Nov 2013

Glad to hear it! We hope to see you again in the future.

Great hostel with an awesome group of long & short term guests. Hostel provides activities for guests to meet each other (Pub Crawls, Quiz Nights, Wine & Cheese nights etc) & has really good deals on the Toronto attractions (CN Tower, Niagra falls etc). Staff are helpfull, place is kept pretty clean & tidy. Location is excellent, if you are a light sleeper you may want to request a room away from the action as the Hostel is located right in the entertainment district and Fri and Sat can be loud.

Thanks for the review - we’re glad you had a good stay and got involved in the events! Any light sleepers coming to stay can get free earplugs from reception.

nice hostel, you can walk everywhere, beds arre very comfortable, free tea, nice living room area

Thanks for the comments – we are lucky with our central downtown location. A comfy bed and a cup of tea are what every traveller needs!

great hostel strategically located in downtown Toronto

Thanks – we hope to see you in the future!

the staff is great the vibe is always happy! just start talk with somebody and you are in :). great time thanks!!!

Thanks for your fantastic review! Hope to see you again one day!

in general I like it and I like there activities.

Thanks for the review - we hope to see you in the future.

Nothing wrong with the hostel; I'd stay here again. Just be aware that its convenient location in the middle of the entertainment district means A LOT of noise every night. I was here on Saturday and Sunday and both nights I barely got any sleep because there was so much ridiculously loud shouting, screaming, and arguing going on in the street. Earplugs were useless. Perhaps try asking for a room not facing the street if you'd like to get some sleep..

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry for the weekend party crowd.I guess that is the price we have to pay for the convenience of being down-town! as you said we do have free earplugs at reception however if those are not working we can always try and move you to a quieter room just ask!

Very nice ! Everything was perfect. The only thing is the parking space, very small if you have a big car, but the personnel has accepted to park the car for us. I reccommend it strongly !

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

Thanks for the review! Our parking lot has limited space - if it is too difficult to park then we can direct guests to a lot at the end of our street (30 seconds walk to the hostel) which is a similar price.

Lovely little hostel within a short walk to the falls, pubs and restaurants. Clean, and comfy. Friendly staff. Would recommend .

Thanks for the review.

This is the first time I've ever stayed in a Hostel. It was nice to be able to experience this. It does remind me of dorm living.

• 17th Oct 2013

Thanks for the review we are happy your first hostel experience was a good one!

Great place to stay in the heart of the theatre district. Easy to find nestled in row of old houses

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

First of all, I would like to comment on the staff.. Some of the staff were lovely such as CJ and Helen, but then you had Jui that was letting out disgusting gasses and finding it funny - how can you do that when you work for the hostel and also are one of the people who cleans - I found this unhygienic! Also, I overheard a member of staff calling myself and others a rude name and found it awful - this was Mary. Where has customer service gone? I just didn't find the place clean.

This was my very first hostel experience and it was absolutely perfect. The location was situated perfect in the middle of the city an the staff was great. Thank you for a great first hostel experience.

Thank you for your review! I am so happy your first hostel experience was a good one! Make sure to visit us again soon.

This was my first hostel experience. I was checked in by CJ who was lovely.The hostel is in a great location but I would not recommend staying. Mainly due to some of the staff being over friendly with the 'residents' who seem to believe the hostel is their home, some of the staff thinking it is acceptable to pass wind and come in drunk the hostel or staff members to discuss guests as arseholes. The breakfast was alright though.

We did not see the "free pancakes" as mentioned on the website !!! Very disappointed by that. This is not very honest to lie.

• 12th Oct 2013

Very nice place in an excellent location. I walked to downtown Toronto in about 25 minutes. The staff is helpful and nice. There is a very nice atmosphere, with activities organized by the staff every evening and a big common area for hanging around with people. The washrooms and showers are very clean. The kitchen is not so big but it has everything you will need to cook something simple. The breakfast is good, not great... and avoid the coffee from the machine, its awful! Have tea instead...