Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

nice hostel, you can walk everywhere, beds arre very comfortable, free tea, nice living room area

Thanks for the comments – we are lucky with our central downtown location. A comfy bed and a cup of tea are what every traveller needs!

great hostel strategically located in downtown Toronto

Thanks – we hope to see you in the future!

the staff is great the vibe is always happy! just start talk with somebody and you are in :). great time thanks!!!

Thanks for your fantastic review! Hope to see you again one day!

in general I like it and I like there activities.

Thanks for the review - we hope to see you in the future.

Nothing wrong with the hostel; I'd stay here again. Just be aware that its convenient location in the middle of the entertainment district means A LOT of noise every night. I was here on Saturday and Sunday and both nights I barely got any sleep because there was so much ridiculously loud shouting, screaming, and arguing going on in the street. Earplugs were useless. Perhaps try asking for a room not facing the street if you'd like to get some sleep..

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry for the weekend party crowd.I guess that is the price we have to pay for the convenience of being down-town! as you said we do have free earplugs at reception however if those are not working we can always try and move you to a quieter room just ask!

Very nice ! Everything was perfect. The only thing is the parking space, very small if you have a big car, but the personnel has accepted to park the car for us. I reccommend it strongly !

• 18th Oct 2013
  • Switzerland

Thanks for the review! Our parking lot has limited space - if it is too difficult to park then we can direct guests to a lot at the end of our street (30 seconds walk to the hostel) which is a similar price.

Lovely little hostel within a short walk to the falls, pubs and restaurants. Clean, and comfy. Friendly staff. Would recommend .

Thanks for the review.

This is the first time I've ever stayed in a Hostel. It was nice to be able to experience this. It does remind me of dorm living.

• 17th Oct 2013

Thanks for the review we are happy your first hostel experience was a good one!

Great place to stay in the heart of the theatre district. Easy to find nestled in row of old houses

Glad you enjoyed your stay!

First of all, I would like to comment on the staff.. Some of the staff were lovely such as CJ and Helen, but then you had Jui that was letting out disgusting gasses and finding it funny - how can you do that when you work for the hostel and also are one of the people who cleans - I found this unhygienic! Also, I overheard a member of staff calling myself and others a rude name and found it awful - this was Mary. Where has customer service gone? I just didn't find the place clean.

This was my very first hostel experience and it was absolutely perfect. The location was situated perfect in the middle of the city an the staff was great. Thank you for a great first hostel experience.

Thank you for your review! I am so happy your first hostel experience was a good one! Make sure to visit us again soon.

This was my first hostel experience. I was checked in by CJ who was lovely.The hostel is in a great location but I would not recommend staying. Mainly due to some of the staff being over friendly with the 'residents' who seem to believe the hostel is their home, some of the staff thinking it is acceptable to pass wind and come in drunk the hostel or staff members to discuss guests as arseholes. The breakfast was alright though.

We did not see the "free pancakes" as mentioned on the website !!! Very disappointed by that. This is not very honest to lie.

• 12th Oct 2013

Very nice place in an excellent location. I walked to downtown Toronto in about 25 minutes. The staff is helpful and nice. There is a very nice atmosphere, with activities organized by the staff every evening and a big common area for hanging around with people. The washrooms and showers are very clean. The kitchen is not so big but it has everything you will need to cook something simple. The breakfast is good, not great... and avoid the coffee from the machine, its awful! Have tea instead...

Very good stay there. I spent first 1 week at the HI hostel and hopefully I decided to change. Staff are much more friendly, the living room is real living room where meeting are encouraged and events during the week are funny. I spent a very good time there. Hope to come back

The location is absolutely excellent; if you are coming from Union station it is actually faster for you to walk than take the subway. I only have 2 real beefs. First, my room was bloody hot at night. There were notices stating not to open windows as we were on the first floor. Without some sort of air circulation, it is impossible to sleep. Second, there is a grand amount of long-term residents. They were unwelcoming and extremely messy. They generally acted as if they owned the place.

Thanks for the feedback. The reason you could not open the windows is because our air conditioning units were attached to them. If your room was too hot you could turn up the A/C or ask reception to turn down the central air.

good hostel, located in downtown, lots of atractions and sites on walking distance, shops and bars on walking distance. had a good stay. staff was ok. breakfast was included + , con was the noise of a nearby construction site which gave (on friday morning@0700) a lot of noise) (so i hope for guests staying there that they'll finish their work quickly.)

Thanks for the feedback. There is a lot of construction going on in downtown Toronto at the moment which cannot be avoided. Unfortunately if you plan to stay downtown you will experience this noise. We do provide free earplugs at reception if needed!

Great Location! Would be nice to have more bathrooms...

I'm surprised as we have over 30 bathrooms. We will put more signs up indicating where they are.

It was very clean, pancakes were unlimited at breakfast and free coffee plus good Internet connection

Thanks for your great review! Come back soon!

All the staff were amazing. CJ, Theresa, Helen were really helpful, when I needed help planning my road trip everyone helped. When snoring man kept snoring I was given the keys to the cinema room to sleep. Being a vegetarian it meant I could jump the queue at the FREE BBQ which was amazing. Showers were always free and there were plenty in the hostel. CJ and Mary helped with applying for work which was great The internet was slow whilst trying to watch two headed shark attack in the cinema room