Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Pretty big hostel with a good social vibe. A litle intimidating for the solo traveller but plenty of activities. Bit of a party hostel but you can't hear much from the rooms.

Thanks for the great review! We do pride ourselves on providing engaging events for our guests and hope you had fun during our activities. Come back to Toronto soon!

Excellent hostel, I've stayed in hundreds around the world and as long as your not a spoilt narcissist then you should enjoy your stay here. (it's bunk beds) Also the air conditioning is a bit loud but that's America for you.

Thanks for the fantastic review! Hope you come back to *Canada soon :)

I stayed in the 8 person female only dorm and it was ensuite, which was nice! Seemed to be cleaner than last time I stayed there. The in window air conditioner unit is loud, but you can get earplugs for free from reception.

Thanks for the great review! Glad you found the facilities clean and got ahold of some earplugs. Come back soon!

One of the quieter hostels I've stayed in. Although location is great with loads of bars a restaurants nearby. The morning of my stay there was a bagel breakfast which was greatly welcomed!

Glad you found the hostel quiet, and if you wanted you could have joined us for our wine and cheese night, quiz night, movie night or karaoke night! If you're here during the week you can also grab a delicious pancake breakfast too! Thanks again for the great review.

I had a real nice time in the hostel. The staff is on the ball with cleaning and everyone seemed to appreciate their clients and their work. Great location downtown, and a spacious environment inside the building, with an outdoor patio, big kitchen, and good chill out room. Only complaint? It gets super hot in the rooms. The air conditioners don't seem to do a whole lot. The pancake breakfast is alright. But for $35 a night, maybe some fruit, or some eggs, or sausage. Otherwise great place.

Thanks for your excellent review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay - if your room is too hot, just let us know at reception and we can adjust the temperature of the AC for you.

Great location, staff really helpful and friendly. Air conditioning in the room was unbelievably loud and constantly switching on and off at all times of day and night, which can get really annoying. But overall a great place to stay.

Thanks for the great review! Sorry to hear the A/C was loud - in the future, come on down to the reception where we can provide you with some free earplugs. Hope to see you again soon!

Very kind and friendly people, they help u whatever you want

Thanks for the great review! Glad you enjoyed your stay!

Location and staff were excellentthoroughly enjoyed my time in Toront wonderful city

Thanks for the great review! Come back to Toronto soon!

Room was great! Loved the location and staff were all really helpful!! Free breakfast was great as were the common areas. Would definitely recommend!

Thanks for the great review! Glad you enjoyed your stay!

This hostel is the best! Awesome atmosphere, super friendly staff.. The location is also very central and it's super easy to reach a lot of places by foot. Couldn't think of a better hostel in Toronto to stay at

Thanks for the great review! Hope you come back soon!

Enjoyed my stay here, kind and helpful staff, good location.

Thanks for the awesome review!

Great hostel with great atmosphere and very nice staff. I will come back again.

Thanks for the feedback – we look forward to seeing you next time!

Rooms great, a little hot at night but can't complain as slept through it! Felt booking Niagara trip that there's 3 leaflet options in the hostel but they didn't want to know you unless booking into one specific one. Saying that we ended up on the one the hostel books for 60 dollars and it was a lot of fun! Would stay here again if/when I come back, thank you! (Free breakfast is a bonus too!)

• 12th Aug 2015

Thanks for the feedback! We do keep many fliers in the hostel but only work with one specific company for Niagara Tours so that’s why we’re much better informed about that particular trip – it’s the cheapest by far and we’re glad you enjoyed it!

Great place to stay. Lots of activities put on. Great location and facilities. My only negative is I was put in a room that had just been broken into, including the lockers, and wasn't informed of this at the time of checking in where I had to pay up front. This was a separate building and has no CCTV, yet the main building with 24 hour reception has CCTV! Security on this building should be the same level as the main building.

Thanks for the review – we’re so sorry to hear that you were not informed of this upon check in. We are in the process of updating security in the hostel.

Wish I could have spent a bit longer there! Staff at the front were very nice, particularly the English-sounding woman. Will head back there when I next find myself in Toronto.

• 10th Aug 2015

Thanks for the review! We look forward to seeing you next time.

Great hostel with friendly staff. Events organised every day and a comfortable common area mean you can meet people easily. There's a big mixture of people that stay here - students, travellers and people on working visas. The free breakfast is pancakes and syrup which can get a bit samey after a couple of days. Their BBQ night is excellent.

Thanks for the good review! We’re glad you had fun at the BBQ – we do get a nice variety of guests here at Canadiana – the breakfast might feel samey but at least other guests never are!

Great Location!

Thanks for the feedback!

Poor breakfast.

Sorry that you didn't enjoy our breakfast - if you read the reviews, you will find the majority of our guests enjoy it. On the weekdays we make pancakes and on the weekends it's bagels with a choice of cream cheese, butter, or jam. Also there is free coffee and tea. And it's free! Not bad.

Pros: Free pancake breakfast; incredibly convenient location in the center of town; clean; comfortable; air conditioning in the rooms; clean sheets provided; very nice atmosphere in common areas. Potential cons: hostel spans several adjacent buildings and feels a bit inpersonal; wifi does not work on cell phones; tiny bathrooms and long wait for showers; busy and not very quiet at night. Overall excellent stay. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking.

Thanks for the feedback, we’re glad you enjoyed your stay! If you are waiting long for a bathroom, just ask a staff member where the next one is as there are over 30 located throughout the hostel.

I very much enjoyed staying here on a two-day getaway this past week. I had fun meeting others staying at the hostel from around the world. I hope to introduce the game of CRUD to the United States! Thanks everyone at Canadiana Backpackers Inn!

Thanks for the great review – we’re glad you enjoyed playing CRUD during your stay!