Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

This was a really great hostel! I stayed in a few in Toronto in my various trips there and this was the best hands-down. Really nailed the right kind of friendly hostel atmosphere, the location was great and the staff were fantastic. I managed to leave some important documents in the hostel after I left to catch my flight out to Halifax, and the staff went above and beyond to help me out - scanning all the documents I needed and emailing them to me.

• 31st Aug 2014

Thanks for your fantastic review! We’re glad we could help out!

Very nice place. Been here 4 separate times and had no problems at all. Love the atmosphere, and the overall homey feel. Daily events is always a plus. The location makes most attractions within walking distance, especially for movie go-ers. Free pancake breakfast and a patio with a pool table are the cherries on top. Good job Canadiana.

• 24th Aug 2014

Thanks for your wonderful review! We hope to see you a fifth time!

It was an amazing stay, I wish I could've stay longer

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

Thanks for your review! Come and stay longer next time!

Really nice hostel, friendly staff, and lots of useful facilities. Could improve the breakfast and the free computers though.

Thanks for your feedback, we’re glad you got along well with our staff! Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast – we have many breakfast items (fruits, cereals, pastries, etc) available for purchase. We have now fixed our free computers and they are running smoothly.

Had a very good time! Thanks again to the nice and helpful staff! Everyone was great and Vera was always a lot of fun. Location is also rather good: in Entertainment District and only a few minutes walk from the CN Tower.

Thanks for your review! Vera is a very treasured staff member. Come back again soon!

The hostel is in a good location, the staff were helpful and friendly and we met a lot of cool people. They also have a lot of activities. Only negative: The private rooms were super small and there were ants coming up through a small hole in the floor

Thanks for the review! We’re glad you had a good stay but very sorry to hear about the ants in your room. This is a rare occurrence and we are not able to find said ants.

Great hostel. would highly recommend :)

Thanks for the feeback

Don't expect a big breakfast!

Thanks for the review – sorry to hear you were not full after breakfast; we have many breakfast items available for purchase including fruits, cereals and pastries.

I liked this hostel! The rooms and beds were good, free wifi and breakfast and perfect location! I would come again!

Thanks for taking the time to review us – we hope you do come and stay again!

Really enjoyed my stay here! Very friendly and helpful staff and the hostel is in a great location. Nothing negative to say

Thanks for the wonderful review!

Great Location and great friendly and helpful staff.i will definitely stay here again

Thanks so much for your review!

Great location, nice staff, good facilities incl. lockers for left luggage (a rare find!). A bit pricey compared to other places I've stayed for a similar amount. Could use a bit of reno but all-in-all fine as a hostel.

Thanks for the feedback! The hostel is in old Victorian buildings which we are continually renovating. We're glad you enjoyed the facilities we have to offer here.

The window of the room can't be opened while the air conditioner is old and very noisy. As a result, unless u can endure the annoying noises, u can't go to sleep until well passed mid-night when the temperature is falling down.

Thanks for your review- Sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping in the hot weather. The air conditioner is not old but it does make some noise. Temperatures can soar in Toronto summers; next time just ask for some free earplugs from reception to block out the noise of the air con!

This place was incredibly noisy. Not only were there people shouting loudly as they came and went at all hours of the night, but the beds themselves creaked so loudly that whenever you moved around, you would wake up the other person in the room, and sometimes even yourself! Not a pleasant stay for that reason.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear that the hostel was a little noisy while you were with us- we do our best to keep noise to a minimum after 11pm in the hostel. We shall look into the creaking beds, but in the meantime, free earplugs are available at reception.

The breakfast is not really good. Just bread and a coffee

Thanks for your review- sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the breakfast. We do have many breakfast items available for purchase in case you are still hungry after the free breakfast provided!

The WiFi there was not so good, others just ok. Thank them

Thanks for your review!

For me, the perfect place to stay: located at the heart of the city, with activities for everyday, locker room to put your luggage and lock it with your own locker, etc.

Thanks for the fantastic review! We hope to see you again!

Everything was really good. Staff, environment, breakfast... BUT I never experienced hot water there. I stayed only one night though but not even at 11pm nor at 8am. I hope they have some :) I'd totally recommend this hostel for it's great vibe and location

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

Thanks for the great review- we definitely do have hot water, we're just very sorry that you never experienced it! I had a shower in the hostel today and it was hot. We hope you come back again soon!

a good choice as the hostel is in the inner city; parking is cheap compared to the rest of the city. our room was a bit loud and some more showers would definetly be good.

Thanks for your feedback! We are pleased to offer cheap parking at the hostel. Sorry to hear you found things a little loud- we have free earplugs at reception for next time.

Leafy glade, Valkyries, and showers omg. This impeccable destination of distinction should not be overlooked by discerning travelers. Maybe they were half so happy having me as I was being there?

Thanks for the review!