Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Amazing location and friendly staff

Thanks for the great review!

We only stayed here one night but it was nice, and the staff were really lovely.

Thanks for the great feedback – we hope to see you again!

Good location right in the middle of Entertainment District. I stayed in a separate building with my own set of keys, but the facility was well-kept apart from that. It's an old building, so ear-plugs are essential, specially if you are a light sleeper. Great lockers inside the room really helped things.

Thanks for the feedback! We have free earplugs available at reception should you need them next time!

Wanted to meet travelers, not residents of a hostel...

Nice and BIG hostel (6 houses next to each other). With great reception staff. Amazing atmosphere in main house with people gathering together. Right in the hearth of Toronto. Only letdown was that you have to pay 20 dollars per day for parking which was never mentioned on this site.

Thanks for the great review! We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our parking is $20/24 hours which is the cheapest you will find downtown!

Great and helpful staff. Everyone was friendly and very knowledgable about the city

• 17th Apr 2015

Thanks for the great review – come and stay again soon!

Pancake breakfast in the morning fills you up to start your day, fun hostel, nice atmosphere,no complaints.

Thanks for the great review – we hope to see you again in the future!

location is good. but the breakfast is just so so

Thanks for your feedback! If you are still peckish after the free breakfast provided, we have many breakfast items (pastries, yoghurt, fruit etc) available for purchase.

The house is old and of low building standards, but they made the best of it.

Thanks for your review! We love our Victorian houses – they definitely add a homely feel to the hostel.

Great location... The beds need an upgrade and the wash rooms were far too small

Thanks for your feedback! We have a couple of small washrooms but many of them are HUGE! Next time you come to stay, have an explore around the hostel.

Everything was awesome except for the bathroom was shared by too many people. It was a bit dirty from time to time.

Thanks for your review! We clean all 30 of our washrooms 3 times daily – if you find one is not up to standard, please let a staff member know.

staff was very nice and helpful. breakfast a bit small. facilities old and the toilet flush didn't work well. It wasn't clean! lots of people there stay for a long time. I didn't like that it was so crowded.

Thanks for your feedback – sorry to hear that you didn’t find the hostel very clean; we do clean the hostel and bathrooms 3 times each day. We’re glad to hear you got along well with our staff though!

Very friendly and helpful staff, tasty bagel in the morning and I liked the location. Bit too much of a party hostel for my tastes but if you like that then it's a good spot.

Thanks for your review – we’re glad you enjoyed your breakfast!

Reception area is dirty, back office is cluttered and service unprofessional. I was not directed to my room, so I walked all the way upstairs and couldn't find it. Went back to reception who told me my room was in the opposite direction, not helpful. Bunk beds are made of cheap metal that make noise every time someone moves in bed. Don't expect to get much sleep. Sheets given to me had black hairs all over it. Free breakfast was bad; cheap water pancakes & watered down coffee. I don't recommend!

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear that this is your impression of Canadiana – we have many satisfied guests and the issues you mentioned are not ones we frequently encounter. We’re sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay – we have free earplugs available at reception, should you need them, and many breakfast items available for purchase (such as pastries, fruit, yoghurt etc) in addition to the free breakfast provided.

Staff were helpful and genuinely nice Place was clean and it was noticed that staff were keeping it that way Guests listened and followed the rules Access to the hostel could be gained by anybody even though guests had keys so a review of this is needed but I felt safe

Thanks for the great review! In terms of safety, our front door is locked at midnight – this is why all guests are given a front door key with their room key. We’re glad you felt safe with us!

One of the better hostels I have stayed in! Wifi worked amazing which was a plus for doing school work! Parking was a bit tight but overall great value for the price. I would stay at this hostel again if I was in the Toronto area for anything.

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! We’ve just upgraded our wifi so we’re glad you noticed it working well. Our parking is a little tight but there are 1 or 2 spaces that are suitable for larger cars so just mention you’d like one of those next time you come to stay!

Was a very nice hostel clean and tidy, only stopped the one night and our room stunk of chicken being cooked from a resturant that backed into what felt like our bedroom window apart from that great night sleep and friendly staff and awesome breakfast

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry to hear that you could smell food – there aren’t any restaurants backing directly on to the property so it’s pretty unusual for that to happen! We’re glad you had a great stay otherwise – we hope to see you in the future.

Amazing hostel

Thanks for the great review!

I thought the hostel was actually amazing, the staff where super helpful and extremely nice. The atmosphere was great and everyone was cheerful. The beds where comfy and the rooms where clean, actually....the whole hostel was clean. I honestly wouldn't say anything negative about the hostel apart from WIFI issues as i did not always get good signal but hey, your on holiday why would you care about the internet. but that did not affect my opinion as i will be using that hostel again in the future

Thanks for the great review! We’ve just upgraded our wifi so it should be working perfectly for your next visit!

The hostel is generally well-equipped, but it seems to large and accommodates too many people. I could not find my own food box in the kitchen because all of them are occupied and people seem to stay for a very long period, like several months. However, it is worth the money if you do not have much budget.

Thanks for your feedback! Sorry to hear that you were not able to find a foodbox – just ask a member of staff if you need a box to store your food and we will do our best to find one for you.