Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

The showers were cold.

This is a nice hostel, even if it doesn't have a lot of character just cos it's so huge. But by being so large they have all the facilities you could possibly need, helpful and charismatic staff, lots of info on this to do in the area, and are mostly pretty clean. Breakfast sucks though, with extremely artificial pancakes and no other options. Toast would probably actually be nicer. It did have a very party feel to it though, not a place for quiet people who want to sleep.

The hostel is on best of the locations in downtown Toronto with proximity to subway, eateries, shopping etc. The front desk staff are extremely helpful especially Ms. CJ who receives guests with warmth and cheer even during late night check in. You can probably include some juice and fruits in the breakfast menu which could probably help guests during mornings. Otherwise pancakes and bagels are good. The bathrooms are maintained clean and tidy. The towels and linen are also equally clean.

Having to move rooms mid-stay to an room that was smelly with long term guests was horrible. Girl at reception was bitchy! There's better value for your money seeking a place elsewhere

Good youth hostel for few days in Toronto

BBQ social event was nice.

Really nice hostel. Great athmospere! Good location, friendly staff, clean rooms and well equipped kitchen for guests. Would stay here again.

Fantastic stay, wish we could have been here longer!

• 31st May 2014

My first time in a hostel and it was an excellent experience. I would stay in one again.

• 31st May 2014

Nice Place And very Helpful Staff

I found the staff and atmosphere friendly, however cleanliness was lacking (showers and toilets often dirty). While I was excited at the idea of the pancake breakfast, coffee was horrible (just enough coffee to slightly color the water, even tea has a darker color!) and pancakes were honestly bad.

• 26th May 2014

Very nice stay! Just what we needed for a quick weekend trip to see the sights in downtown Toronto.

• 23rd May 2014

It was really comfy, and staffs were so nice. If I visit Toronto again, I will definitely choose here again!

• 23rd May 2014
  • South Korea

Great hostel! I'll definitely stay there again if I come back to toronto. If you're looking for private rooms it's even better because they're in a separate house so you get your privacy if that's what you're looking for, but the shared rooms are great too. The one thing I have to complain is that the drawers in my room were a little dusty but everything else, including washroom were very clean.

• 19th May 2014
  • luizram1680

Very clean Great wifi everywhere Free breakfast Great location Very helpful staff Can't really fault this place at all

The "suite" was really small and we didn't really want to spend any more time there but to sleep, which was a shame because it rained the whole time we were in Toronto and we got wet a lot. Also, the breakfast was terrible. The staff was really helpful and friendly though.

I enjoyed my stay here. Too bad the neighborhood looks like it is going to be developed into concrete skyscrapers soon.

• 13th May 2014

The staff were really friendly and helpful. I got there early in the morning and had a locker to leave my backpack and all the information I needed to enjoy the city the most I could, since I was staying only for 2 days. I really enjoyed my stay there. :)

The feel of a hostel where a lot of people are staying long-term, which wasn't ideal for me stopping through, but may be just what you're looking for.

Too few washrooms and washing maschines, quite loud beneath the stairs..