Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

1984 Total Reviews

We had a really good time! Its really clean and organized. Its close to many facilities, including bars and night clubs.

• 15th Dec 2014

Thanks for your fantastic review! Come and stay with us again soon!

Hot room's,

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Thanks for your feedback; if you find your room too hot or too cold, we can always adjust the temperature or provide an extra blanket!

Good hostel and great facilities, the situation its awesome!

Thanks very much for your review! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay!

This hostel has an excellent location, however for the price I found the 4 bedroom dorm rooms small and overall the facilities were showing wear. In addition, the free breakfast only consisted of a bagel and coffee.

Thanks for your feedback – we work hard to maintain our Victorian buildings and the dorm rooms do come in a variety of sizes! Perhaps try a bigger (the 6-8 bed) dorm next time as they are very large and spacious. We are happy to be able to offer a free breakfast but if you would like a little something extra then we have a wide variety of breakfast items available for purchase (including pastries, fruit, yogurts, cereal, and more!).

It's a great and afordable hostel. It was my first time travelling alone and it was a really amazing experience. I could make new friends from all over the world and on the same day of my arrival I already went out with the new friends to walk around downtown. And I also could to get some value advice about knowing downtown of Toronto even better.

• 5th Dec 2014

Thanks for your great review! We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and made new friends – come see us again soon!

Great hostel, one of the best and friendliest in the World actually!

Thanks for your fantastic review! We hope to see you again soon!

I stayed here for one night and it was good, but staying for longer I think would not have suited me, the dorm I was in was quite cramped for 8 people and there was only a main light. The staff were friendly and I liked the pancakes for breakfast. There are events organised for the evening which is a good idea but I did not get the chance to sample them.

Thanks for your feedback; we’re glad you enjoyed the breakfast! Sorry you weren't able to join us for one of our organized events. We organize something different every day.

During my stay at the Canadiana Backpackers Inn everything was very professional . I'm looking forward to my next visit .

Thanks for your review – we look forward to seeing you again!

The hostel is well run, by friendly, helpful staff, there is always something going on! The rooms were not as clean as they could be, but overall it was a pretty great hostel!

Thanks for your review! We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!

I wanna hairdryer. That's all I need

Thanks for your review – we have hairdryers available for free use at reception!

very nice room and staff. Just that they don't lock the front door so every can come in. That's a bit unsafe. Wifi is a bit slow in the evening when many people are using.

The communal aspect of the hostel was great. Not very many times that there were not people in the lobby or dining area talking and hanging out. The ammennities that are provided were great from individual showers, individual washrooms. movie room, free pancakes, kitchen facilities, and great events planned each day. The staff are the best part. They are helpful and connect with each guest and make sure their stay is pleasant. One of the best hostel experiences

Spent one night here, overall very good place to stay. Friendly staff, excellent atmosphere, there is parking in the back, huge kitchen, laundry facilities, wifi, breakfast, etc. My only concern was the bathrooms smelled like pee but appeared clean, and the beds were soooooooo uncomfortable, buy new mattresses! Otherwise excellent place, I live a couple hours outside of toronto and will for sure stay here the next time I come into the city, much better than staying at a hotel :)

Stayed here b4 will stay again.. Great helpful staff and great location, a few blocks the CN tower and rogers stadium. With bars and restaurants close by to. Could in areas need a bit of renovation. They do hve things on each night for the hostelers but if u r on your line may find it a little differicult to get folk to talk sometimes but no like thing all the time.

The hostel should include breakfast like the ones in europe with different options of cheese, cereal, jam, etc

Great vibe liked all the free entertainment available eg. Board games, pool, movie room. Free pancake breakfasts were awesome and delicious. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Very normal hostel. I enjoyed the pancake breakfast though! -Colin (Canada)

Very nice place to stay. I will definitely be going back again in the future.

• 1st Nov 2014

Everything's good, except the shower is not hot at all, and the bed sucks.

Thanks for your feedback – sorry to hear you did not enjoy a hot shower. Sometimes if you are showering directly after another guest the water may take a minute or so to heat up.

The hostel is just around the corner of the tower. I liked it.