Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Epic hostel. Lived here for 2 months when I first arrived in Toronto and had an awesome time. Location, breakfast, activities, staff are all top notch. Felt like home and it was tough to me on. The ONLY hostel in T.O!

Very helpful with a great location also very clean, safe and good atmosphere.

noisy heating Autistic atmosphere in a young population with no worries exchange

• 8th Feb 2014

We had just one night here on a stop-over from New York back to London. The lady on reception was really helpful in giving us advice on what we could do in our short trip, making recommendations on where to eat. Room was warm (very important when it's minus 12C outside) and a good size. I'd love to come back to Toronto and the hostel again.

I was really excited to find a hostel located only blocks away from the convention centre where I attended a conference. I loved that I could easily walk to and from the conference, and there were plenty of pubs and restaurants near by. I can imagine tourists would love it! Easy access to almost anything in Toronto. The hostel staff were great, the room was clean, and the rest of the hostel had a typical hostel feel. My only complaint is that the temperature was either too hot or too cold.

• 28th Jan 2014

The staff was really helpful and the location is excellent. The only problem for me was the breakfast (it was cold and impossible to eat).

Thanks for the review! Sorry to hear you did not enjoy our breakfast – we serve bagels on the weekends and pancakes during the week and it’s complimentary.

Enjoyed my stay for the most part. Facilities were clean, room warm, the night staff could have been a bit friendlier to those guests trying to enjoy a couple drinks at night :)

Sorry you felt our night staff were unfriendly; we ask that noise be kept to a minimum after 11pm so that guests who would like an early night are able to sleep. Thanks for the feedback.

Breakfast was 1 bagel with jelly and 1 cup of coffee, there were neither hand soap nor hair dryer in the room.

Thanks for the feedback. At breakfast we offer the option to buy a second bagel and also have fruit and various spreads available for purchase near reception. We endeavour to provide hand soap in all our washrooms and there are hairdryers you can borrow from reception.

This hostel is rad. I enjoyed my 2 night stay so much that i've actually extended my stay another week and will probably continue to stay here while i'm in Toronto! Desk Staff are so helpful especially the guy that helped me get all my bags up the stairs and the girl that helped me print off my resume LEGENDS!

Thanks for the great review - glad to have you stay with us!

Really good people work here, made me feel welcome , easily approachable

• 11th Jan 2014

Definitely one of the nicer hostels I've stayed in! Staff were really nice. Lots of space in rooms, comfortable beds. Good kitchen facilities.

Thanks for the fantastic review! We hope to see you again.

Nice place. A few people are weird, but that's just how our world is. The staff is great, especially Jessica. Quite noisy at night, since the rooms are not soundproof and the doors slam shut.

Thanks for the feedback. We are very proud of our fantastic staff! As the hostel is set in old Victorian houses noise can sometimes travel – we have free earplugs available at reception.

excellent location for exploring toronto. A lot of good restaurants and bars nearby. Seemed to have nice daily activities. Came off as a bit of a party hostel. I stayed in a private room though because I needed some alone time.

Thanks for the review – we do have some great daily activities including free wine and cheese on Fridays, and more relaxed evenings like bowling on Sundays, movie nights on Wednesdays or quiz nights on Mondays.

Tad bit on the pricey side! Don't book at hostel but book online for lower prices (check out the three hostel sites). It was clean and great people. No bed bugs! Get room 26, great location in the dorm. Close to everywhere in downtown! Free tea all day and night. No visitors allowed after 6pm. The residents here though seem to be long term and act like they own the place. Stayed here for 8 nights!

Thanks for the review! We are happy to be able to offer great online deals, and our staff loves the free tea too! We have a huge variety of guests who stay with us and do our best to create a welcoming environment in which everyone can socialise and relax.

Great location, clean, has all what you need but there are lots of young internationals who live long term there along with all those who work there, they simply take up all the space in the living room/dining area, constantly drunk, completely unpleasant, very loud, make guests feel uncomfortable and don't leave any social or physical space for anyone to hang out there when it's snowing outside!

• 25th Dec 2013
  • Egypt

Sorry that you had a negative experience; we do everything we can to create a warm welcoming atmosphere for travelers to meet new friends. We do events every night and do keep an eye on guests hogging the lounge. Thank you for the feedback.

It's a nice hostel, but you can hear people walking around. Can be noisy when it's fully booked.

Could't recommend this hostel highly enough! Awesome place

• 6th Dec 2013

We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future!

We liked the atmosphere, the living room. But our room wasn`t cleaned.

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Thanks for the feedback – our living room is a great place to relax and meet other backpackers. We clean the rooms daily.

Nice location.you can do everything on foot. Staff very friendly.Good Value for money. Be sure you gonna meet people, it's big backpacker ! Good to stay at least 3 days And make some friend.

• 27th Nov 2013

Thanks for the review – we’re glad you found it to be a friendly place!

I have stayed at this hostel many times over the past 7 months, and I keep coming back here, it's in a great location, and the staff are always helpful, friendly and happy, they know there guests to, there's always something going on here, great events planned, I have always enjoyed my stay here

Thanks for the fantastic review! So many of our guests return to us and it’s always great to see familiar faces. See you again in the future!