Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Good hostel!

I had a wonderful time. The staff is awesome! They are the epitome of customer service! The facility was immaculate. Temperatures were -19, felt like -29 and I never felt uncomfortable while inside the hostel. Lots of coffee, tea, and chocolate were available. The whole setup is worth the money, every penny. You are getting quite a bang for your buck. A bed, security, convenience to shopping, dining, and town center. Don't want to dine out, prep meal in hostel kitchen. You meet amazing guests!!

• 16th Feb 2015

I've stayed here a few times and is probably the best hostel in Toronto. Great location and good facilities and love the pancake breakfast (the bagel one is blah thou). They could use some lamps in the rooms though to make the experience more pleasant.

Only thing I didn't like about this hostel was the number of long term stayers living their.

Location is ideal. Right between King and Queen St. where there's plenty to do and eat. Super close to the CN tower, museums and other attractions. Breakfast every morning was provided and on the Monday we left there was pancakes! The common room always had other visitors hanging out, games to play, and books to borrow and on Valentine's Day the hostel even put together a speed dating/friend making event. Wifi was included which is always a plus for a traveler.

• 13th Feb 2015

one of the worst hostels ive ever stayed in, I had stayed earlier in the month before I went on a tour, the first night was awful, guests in my room inviting people in at 12 then just being a general annoyance to everyone else in the room until i told them to stop, breakfast wasnt great cold pancakes or a stale bagel, the other guests were hard to talk to as most were in a group as was made harder as there was no bar. my second visit I cancelled and I went elsewhere, guys stay somewhere else.

グレイハウンドのバスターミナルとアムトラックの駅から近いところにあります。ナイアガラの滝が間近で見えるテーブルロックまでは徒歩だと20分ほどかかりますがバスも近くを走っているます。 館内は清潔でキッチンも使いやすかったです。 地下一階にはプレイルームとランドリーがあり、長期滞在するにも良い場所ではないかと思います。

I had such a good time that 3 days didn't seem long enough so I booked another week :)

• 5th Feb 2015

Amazing hostel I would go back in a heartbeat.

Some of the staff here were super helpful and nice. Thanks for a great stay!

• 26th Jan 2015

Thanks for the great review - we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again one day!

The Canadiana is an ideal hostel for backpackers. I was traveling alone, but always found people to hang out with in the hostel. Furthermore, since I was going to Cuba for a couple of weeks in between stays at the Canadiana, I could leave a suitcase with winter clothes at the hostel for only a dollar per day. This service was very secure and helpful.

Thanks for your great review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and could make good use of our storage facilities!

Decent, above average, hostel. I found the staff very friendly and helpful, the atmosphere was great, a nice common area. My free breakfast bagel was pretty horrible though, it was stale, and not to be a food snob, but it wasn't even a real bagel. So breakfast was a huge disappointment. would have liked if top bunks had a shelf or something for personal items like cellphones (aka my alarm clock) and some hand towels in the bathroom would be nice

Thanks for your review - we're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the free breakfast. The bagels come fresh from a local bakery and we do have other breakfast items available for purchase - pastries, yoghurt, fruit etc.

I LOVED staying at this hostel! The people were so great both staff and guests. Free tea all day was amazing. There are books to read, a fairly large common room. The beds are comfy (even if they are a little noisy). Large lockers to keep your stuff in in the room. Spacious rooms. Clean. If you're a party goer than it's great because it's off the main drag of nightclubs. It's only a 5 min walk away from the subway. I can't rate it high enough. I wish I could have stayed longer!

• 13th Jan 2015

Thanks for your wonderful review - we hope to see you again in the future!

Das Backpackers Inn ist genau das richtige, wenn man in einer gemuetlichen Atmosphaere viele neue Leute kennenlernen moechte. Die Zimmer sind zweckmaessig, aber der Gemeinschaftsraum mit gratis Tee, vielen Sitzmoeglichkeiten und einem Pancake Fruehstueck koennte kaum besser sein.Auf Sauberkeit wird total geachtet!Team ist sehr freundlich und hilft wirklich, auch mit kleinen Problemen die so anfallen. Hab das Hostel ein paar Tage spaeter direkt wieder gebucht :-)

Thanks for your great feedback - it's always nice to see familiar faces returning to the hostel!

Great Location and nice Atmosphere. I loved the common area to hang around and get a free tea. For me this is a typical Backpacker where you can meet People. Staff organices daily Events which is great. Definitely would come back and can recommend this Hostel

wifi sometimes disconnects. staffs are very helpful. not easy to travel from airport, i took taxi (cad55)

Thanks for your feedback - if you find you are having trouble with the wifi we have computers available free of charge, so you can still access the internet. Travelling from the airport can be a little tricky - if you do not have the budget to take a taxi, then for just $3 you can take the bus/subway to reach us in an hour.

Very easy to organise trip to niagara falls from front desk discounted and also gets included hop on hop off bus tour! Very handy!

Thanks for your review - we're glad you enjoyed the Niagara Tour!

L'atmosphère au sein des parties communes (accueil et pièce à vivre) est agréable.

• 5th Jan 2015

Thanks for your review!

Great location! I stayed by myself and made some really good friends. Friendly atmosphere.

Thanks for your review - we'd glad you enjoyed your stay!

Everything was great except the weather which was freezing .

Thanks for your review! The weather is a little fresh in Toronto this time of year…

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4