Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Hot room's,

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Good hostel and great facilities, the situation its awesome!

This hostel has an excellent location, however for the price I found the 4 bedroom dorm rooms small and overall the facilities were showing wear. In addition, the free breakfast only consisted of a bagel and coffee.

It's a great and afordable hostel. It was my first time travelling alone and it was a really amazing experience. I could make new friends from all over the world and on the same day of my arrival I already went out with the new friends to walk around downtown. And I also could to get some value advice about knowing downtown of Toronto even better.

• 5th Dec 2014

Great hostel, one of the best and friendliest in the World actually!

I stayed here for one night and it was good, but staying for longer I think would not have suited me, the dorm I was in was quite cramped for 8 people and there was only a main light. The staff were friendly and I liked the pancakes for breakfast. There are events organised for the evening which is a good idea but I did not get the chance to sample them.

During my stay at the Canadiana Backpackers Inn everything was very professional . I'm looking forward to my next visit .

• 2nd Dec 2014

The hostel is well run, by friendly, helpful staff, there is always something going on! The rooms were not as clean as they could be, but overall it was a pretty great hostel!

I wanna hairdryer. That's all I need

Ich war im Canadiana für zwei Nächte. Das Hostel ist sehr gut gelegen, nah zur U-Bahn und zur Straßenbahn. Sehr nette Mitarbeiter und guter Service (z.B. kann man Handtücher so oft wechseln wie man möchte). Frühstück ist gut (Bagels und Pancakes, Kaffe, Kakao). Die Zimmer sind jedoch sehr klein und es fehlt an etwas Stauraum. Das Hostel ist in mehrere kleine Häuser unterteilt und man erhält den entsprechenden Schlüssel, eine Security gibt es jedoch nicht.

• 26th Nov 2014

very nice room and staff. Just that they don't lock the front door so every can come in. That's a bit unsafe. Wifi is a bit slow in the evening when many people are using.

The communal aspect of the hostel was great. Not very many times that there were not people in the lobby or dining area talking and hanging out. The ammennities that are provided were great from individual showers, individual washrooms. movie room, free pancakes, kitchen facilities, and great events planned each day. The staff are the best part. They are helpful and connect with each guest and make sure their stay is pleasant. One of the best hostel experiences

Spent one night here, overall very good place to stay. Friendly staff, excellent atmosphere, there is parking in the back, huge kitchen, laundry facilities, wifi, breakfast, etc. My only concern was the bathrooms smelled like pee but appeared clean, and the beds were soooooooo uncomfortable, buy new mattresses! Otherwise excellent place, I live a couple hours outside of toronto and will for sure stay here the next time I come into the city, much better than staying at a hotel :)

Stayed here b4 will stay again.. Great helpful staff and great location, a few blocks the CN tower and rogers stadium. With bars and restaurants close by to. Could in areas need a bit of renovation. They do hve things on each night for the hostelers but if u r on your line may find it a little differicult to get folk to talk sometimes but no like thing all the time.

The hostel should include breakfast like the ones in europe with different options of cheese, cereal, jam, etc

Great vibe liked all the free entertainment available eg. Board games, pool, movie room. Free pancake breakfasts were awesome and delicious. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Very normal hostel. I enjoyed the pancake breakfast though! -Colin (Canada)

Very nice place to stay. I will definitely be going back again in the future.

• 1st Nov 2014

Everything's good, except the shower is not hot at all, and the bed sucks.

Thanks for your feedback – sorry to hear you did not enjoy a hot shower. Sometimes if you are showering directly after another guest the water may take a minute or so to heat up.

The hostel is just around the corner of the tower. I liked it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5