Canadiana Backpackers Inn Reviews

42 Widmer St., Toronto, Toronto, Canada

Pancake breakfast in the morning fills you up to start your day, fun hostel, nice atmosphere,no complaints.

Ein sehr stylisches und beliebtes Hosel im Zentrum Torontos. Das Pancake-Frühstück war genial am ersten Tag, am zweiten Tag fiel das Frühstück leider sehr mager aus für den Preis. Zudem sind die Häuser sehr hellhörig - man hört jeden Schritt seiner Nachbarn und so kann die Nachtruhe auch schnell einmal gestört werden.

• 8th Apr 2015

location is good. but the breakfast is just so so

The house is old and of low building standards, but they made the best of it.

Great location... The beds need an upgrade and the wash rooms were far too small

Nous avons passé deux nuits à cette auberge et nous avons vraiment apprécié : les personnes à l'accueil sont très sympa et répondent à toutes vos questions, l'espace commun est grand et convivial, grande cuisine bien équipée ! Nous avons juste un petit problème de drap mais tout de suite résolu par le personnel !!! :) Je recommande cette auberge chaleureusement !!!

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Everything was awesome except for the bathroom was shared by too many people. It was a bit dirty from time to time.

staff was very nice and helpful. breakfast a bit small. facilities old and the toilet flush didn't work well. It wasn't clean! lots of people there stay for a long time. I didn't like that it was so crowded.

Very friendly and helpful staff, tasty bagel in the morning and I liked the location. Bit too much of a party hostel for my tastes but if you like that then it's a good spot.

Reception area is dirty, back office is cluttered and service unprofessional. I was not directed to my room, so I walked all the way upstairs and couldn't find it. Went back to reception who told me my room was in the opposite direction, not helpful. Bunk beds are made of cheap metal that make noise every time someone moves in bed. Don't expect to get much sleep. Sheets given to me had black hairs all over it. Free breakfast was bad; cheap water pancakes & watered down coffee. I don't recommend!

Staff were helpful and genuinely nice Place was clean and it was noticed that staff were keeping it that way Guests listened and followed the rules Access to the hostel could be gained by anybody even though guests had keys so a review of this is needed but I felt safe

One of the better hostels I have stayed in! Wifi worked amazing which was a plus for doing school work! Parking was a bit tight but overall great value for the price. I would stay at this hostel again if I was in the Toronto area for anything.

• 26th Mar 2015

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! We’ve just upgraded our wifi so we’re glad you noticed it working well. Our parking is a little tight but there are 1 or 2 spaces that are suitable for larger cars so just mention you’d like one of those next time you come to stay!

Amazing hostel

Thanks for the great review!

I thought the hostel was actually amazing, the staff where super helpful and extremely nice. The atmosphere was great and everyone was cheerful. The beds where comfy and the rooms where clean, actually....the whole hostel was clean. I honestly wouldn't say anything negative about the hostel apart from WIFI issues as i did not always get good signal but hey, your on holiday why would you care about the internet. but that did not affect my opinion as i will be using that hostel again in the future

• 22nd Mar 2015

The hostel is generally well-equipped, but it seems to large and accommodates too many people. I could not find my own food box in the kitchen because all of them are occupied and people seem to stay for a very long period, like several months. However, it is worth the money if you do not have much budget.

Awesome hostel, very friendly and helpful staff! Great hostel to meet new people because of its big common area where it is almost automatic that you get talking with other people. Good and organized kitchen facilities. All in all I enjoyed my stay at the Canadiana, I had the best time there. Thanks!

• 19th Mar 2015

Das Hostel hat echt eine super Lage und ist nur wenige Gehminuten von den Streetcars/Subway entfernt. Frühstück ist inbegriffen, allerdings etwas spärlich(eigentlich nur 1 Bagel und 1 Aufstrich für jeden). Die Mitarbeiter sind super freundlich. Ausserdem ist das Hostel super ausgestattet mit Waschmaschinen/Trockner, Kühlschränken, grosse Küche. In meinem Zimmer mangelte es an Steckdosen. Badezimmer waren nicht immer sauber geputzt. Trotzdem würde ich auf jeden Fall wiederkommen.Stimmung auch top

Thanks for the review! We’re glad that you enjoyed your stay – if you find there are not enough outlets in your room, just ask reception for a powerboard or extension lead. We do clean all our washrooms 3 times a day – sorry to hear that they were not sparkling every time you visited one!

If you are an auctioneer and thrust out your words as a machine gun spit bullets, you will maybe be able to follow all the instructions and information given at check-in. The girl speak far too fast. The hostel? Wonderful experience, safe and with enough space. Good breakfast also, but it would be even better if there was some juice or something like that to drink. Perfect location and it is easy to walk to landmarks downtown, CN tower or Air Canada centre for example, as well as the metro.

Thanks for taking the time to review us! Sorry to hear that your check in was a little fast, there is a lot of information to relay! We’re glad you had a good stay otherwise – our breakfast includes free coffee and hot chocolate and we have free tea available 24/7 to quench your thirst when we see you again!

A really good hostel with a nice atmosphere. In the morning they offer a small breakfast. The pancakes were good. If you want you can participate in activities every evening. In total I can recommend this hostel and will book it again if I return to Toronto.

Thanks for the great feedback – we hope to see you in the future!

Really, i love it. The staff is awesome! I was there in st Patrick and theyorganizae a party..it was really really fun. People are awesome there. The breakfast is ok, wifi signal also is really good. The most beautiful thing it has is the causy common room. There are free coffee and tea everyday, and lot of people always there. Canadians are awesome!!!! they are cute funny helpful.

Thanks for the wonderful review! We hope to see you again soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4