Canal House B&B Reviews

Predikherenrei 9, Bruges, Belgium

A lovely B&B in a fabulous location, we had the canal-facing room on the first floor, which was perfect for us. It was a little confusing on arrival when we weren't sure where instructions had been left for us about the room, but this was easily sorted with Fleur over the phone who gave us lots of great tips for our stay. Would recommend!

• 23rd May 2015

When we arrived to the hotel (23:00), there was no staff in the hotel and no message for us as stated in email. We were very confused and generally the communication with hostel was not appropriate. Very small family hostel for up to 10 persons. Breakfast was self-service with many kinds of food. We were satisfied with cleanliness and accommodation.

Nice location, but it is a little bit old inside. The internet wasn't work very well in my room in the last floor, neither when they change the router. The staff was a little bit huge. She was watching everything we made in the kitchen, the way she say the things is huge.

• 8th May 2015

Good, quiet location. Nice old house and clean. Breakfast was nice, although a little bit awkward because everybody was eating at one big table and the lady from the house was looking (to see if we need extra or something, which was nice, but kinda awkward). Good value for money.

Lovely room with a share bathroom downstairs. On Sunday there was a woman who made breakfast but Monday morning was very quiet do they left us food and we were on our own in the morning which was lovely. It was like being in someone's home.

Basic room. Our room had a bathroom downstairs and you could see through the window from the hall. We put a towel over it for a quick fix. That's the only negative thing we have to say. Otherwise it's a quick walk to the square and it's quiet.

Me and my boyfriend stayed there only one night for short trip of bruges. It was not really city centre , but nice to walk to centre on foot. It took less than10 min and very quiet area. Nice breakfast. The only thing not sure to recommend which i was fine is the stairs to our room we stayed. The stairs was really narrow and dangerous with heavy luggage. Because our room was on the top floor. But for sure it's fine if you don't have any health problems!! Highly recommend!! :)

Overall a nice place, although no contact was made to myself before arrival. Fortunately other guests were entering when I arrived so I could come in and realise I needed to call for someone to bring me my key. The room itself was quite nice and the location was lovely. I would thoroughly recommend a lock be put on the downstairs bathroom door as well as some kind of curtain so that people can't see through to window on the door. It felt incredibly uncomfortable!

View all Bruges Bed and Breakfasts