Canal House B&B Reviews

Predikherenrei 9, Bruges, Belgium

Nice place to stay, 5 minutes walk from the historical center, very kind staff - it was excellent.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Hungary

Perfect location, right on the canal and only a couple of streets away from the main market square. The staff (and other residents) were so lovely and friendly and the breakfast was delicious!! Value for money was excellent and I never had to worry about my possessions being at risk because the security was very strong. Within easy reach of the station (number 6 bus gets you to a stop about 100yards from the front door) and just a generally fantastic B&B! Highly recommend it to all ages :)

• 3rd Aug 2015

Room was a good size and bed was comfy. I woke up with a lot of bug bites and saw a lot of ants through out the facilities. The toilette never flushed which was gross and the shower didn't drain so it was a bath as well by the end. Location is great. The lack of attention to the bathroom was the only flaw.

Great location. However, there were ants in the bathroom, and it was a bit awkward when at breakfast the owners' assistant was staying in the kitchen looking at us eat. Overall, we had a good experience. I would recommend the place.

• 10th Jul 2015

Really cute b&b! The rooms are nice and cozy. You just had to climb up a ladder to the bathroom, we thought this is fun, but others might have problems with that. The breakfast is also very good!

Cozy stay and good breakfast

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Iceland

Nicely located, ~5 room B&B. Place was clean, we had our stay without any problems. Breakfast was also nice.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Turkey

The owners, Fleur and Luke, made me feel right at home from my very first day and I appreciated how much of an interest they took in their customers. The room that I stayed in was brilliant and I had lovely view of the canal. I will definitely stay there again!

• 1st Jun 2015

Breakfast was very lovely, had a nice array of food. Beds were very comfy. A few more tea/ coffee facilities in the room would have been nice. But overall a perfect place to stay.

• 28th May 2015

A lovely B&B in a fabulous location, we had the canal-facing room on the first floor, which was perfect for us. It was a little confusing on arrival when we weren't sure where instructions had been left for us about the room, but this was easily sorted with Fleur over the phone who gave us lots of great tips for our stay. Would recommend!

• 23rd May 2015

When we arrived to the hotel (23:00), there was no staff in the hotel and no message for us as stated in email. We were very confused and generally the communication with hostel was not appropriate. Very small family hostel for up to 10 persons. Breakfast was self-service with many kinds of food. We were satisfied with cleanliness and accommodation.

Nice location, but it is a little bit old inside. The internet wasn't work very well in my room in the last floor, neither when they change the router. The staff was a little bit huge. She was watching everything we made in the kitchen, the way she say the things is huge.

• 8th May 2015

Good, quiet location. Nice old house and clean. Breakfast was nice, although a little bit awkward because everybody was eating at one big table and the lady from the house was looking (to see if we need extra or something, which was nice, but kinda awkward). Good value for money.

Lovely room with a share bathroom downstairs. On Sunday there was a woman who made breakfast but Monday morning was very quiet do they left us food and we were on our own in the morning which was lovely. It was like being in someone's home.

Basic room. Our room had a bathroom downstairs and you could see through the window from the hall. We put a towel over it for a quick fix. That's the only negative thing we have to say. Otherwise it's a quick walk to the square and it's quiet.

Me and my boyfriend stayed there only one night for short trip of bruges. It was not really city centre , but nice to walk to centre on foot. It took less than10 min and very quiet area. Nice breakfast. The only thing not sure to recommend which i was fine is the stairs to our room we stayed. The stairs was really narrow and dangerous with heavy luggage. Because our room was on the top floor. But for sure it's fine if you don't have any health problems!! Highly recommend!! :)

View all Bruges Bed and Breakfasts