Canal Inn Georgetown Reviews

1061 31st Street NW, Washington DC, USA

Beautiful location but horribly rude and disorganized staff. They never returned my several calls/voice mails prior to my arrival, were overbooked and did not have space for several of their guests and overcharged several people. Additionally, the manager and his staff were so condescending and mean to guests from Korea and Columbia, who did not speak English very well. Additionally, they were not there/ did not answer calls from guests Sat. night who had reservations. Be wary about staying.

• 11th Apr 2015

Staff was almost non existant and if you want to meet other young travelers you will not find them here! The front door was faulty and it was a nightmare trying to get in... By the way a BIG down side was the cold shower I was forced to have! The room was nice and cosy and the area was nice. But other than that nothing great to say..

After booking my accomodation and arriving at approx 6.30pm I was informed by the owner that they had over booked and could not accomodate me. He also stated that he sent several emails to me trying to contact me (none of which I received) He was very rude about the process and did not seem to care. His only suggestion was accomodation over 50 mins away from where I wanted to stay out of the heart of D.C He did not even bother or suggest anywhere close by to stay.

• 12th Mar 2015

Very clean and safe, but only shower for a room of 6 girls. I'm glad the room wasn't full. I would stay again, just not when they are at full capacity.

View all Washington DC Hotels