Canal Inn Georgetown Reviews

1061 31st Street NW, Washington DC, USA

Location was perfect for my purposes--better even than I anticipated. Great for anyone wanting to visit Georgetown. The atmosphere in the Inn itself was pretty bland--but the setting is great. I was extremely disappointed to learn I had to pay for 2 even though I was on my own. Isn't there some way you could have at least one single room? A reading lamp by the beds--which could be turned off without having to get up--would be nice. Breakfast was pretty minimal ... no fruit?

• 16th Oct 2014

Clean and wonderful!

• 29th Aug 2014

This is the place where I came directly from IAD and the hotel staff did their best in order to make me feel home. I've been in lotsa countries and stayed in several hotels.There were different starred among them but none of them make me feel home like this lil one. Thank you so much for everything starting from service,support, care ending to help with my "mom-sick" on the first day of my arrival. This is definitely the place where I'll come back with endless stars and positive reviews.

Pleasant, quiet atmosphere : ideally situated in Georgetown by the C&O Canal . . . close to amazing restaurants , nightlife and public transportation.

• 24th Jun 2014

During my stay, the wheather was very warm in DC, then it was necessary to turn on the air conditioning all the time. It worked properly, but the problem was that the room got too cold, thus I had to shut the AC off, and then the heat rised up. The problem is that the rooms are quite small and there is no way to open the windows, so that a better ventilation is available. The staff is very collaborative and kind.

Great location in Georgetown though it is not on the metro line, the circulator bus goes really close and is convenient. A nice quiet hostel which was ideal as I was there for a place while I went to a conference, but there aren't really any common areas to socialize so not ideal if you are wanting to meet people. Breakfast not starting until 830 was a bit late as this was after I had to leave in the mornings. If you have problems getting in like some people then try knocking on the side door!

After waiting for 20 minutes for the man at reception to answer the door, I was extremely disappointed to discover the room I had booked and paid a deposit on was no longer available, I was emailed about this 1 hour before my arrival with no indication as to where else I could stay or if I would get my deposit back. Luckily was with a group so we all switched to another room. HOWEVER, I fully believe the man at reception is running a scam and charging far more than any website claims.

• 6th May 2014

The place was really clean and close to great food and shopping. The staff was friendly and helpful. My one complaint is that the breakfast is not open until 8:30 and since I had meetings all week I could not take advantage of the breakfast.

• 28th Apr 2014