Canal Inn Georgetown Reviews

1061 31st Street NW, Washington DC, USA

Very clean and safe, but only shower for a room of 6 girls. I'm glad the room wasn't full. I would stay again, just not when they are at full capacity.

• 19th Oct 2014

Perfect location to enjoy DC, especially georgetown area. Facilities are good and very very clean. However, some of the staffs were very unfriendly. Also, be careful when you make changes on the reservation. The reservation information on hostelworld.com is correctly delivered to the hotel, and vice versa. I just like the hotel of MY CHOICE but the rest of the service is not so satisfying.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Location was perfect for my purposes--better even than I anticipated. Great for anyone wanting to visit Georgetown. The atmosphere in the Inn itself was pretty bland--but the setting is great. I was extremely disappointed to learn I had to pay for 2 even though I was on my own. Isn't there some way you could have at least one single room? A reading lamp by the beds--which could be turned off without having to get up--would be nice. Breakfast was pretty minimal ... no fruit?

• 16th Oct 2014

Clean and wonderful!

• 29th Aug 2014

This is the place where I came directly from IAD and the hotel staff did their best in order to make me feel home. I've been in lotsa countries and stayed in several hotels.There were different starred among them but none of them make me feel home like this lil one. Thank you so much for everything starting from service,support, care ending to help with my "mom-sick" on the first day of my arrival. This is definitely the place where I'll come back with endless stars and positive reviews.

Pleasant, quiet atmosphere : ideally situated in Georgetown by the C&O Canal . . . close to amazing restaurants , nightlife and public transportation.

• 24th Jun 2014

During my stay, the wheather was very warm in DC, then it was necessary to turn on the air conditioning all the time. It worked properly, but the problem was that the room got too cold, thus I had to shut the AC off, and then the heat rised up. The problem is that the rooms are quite small and there is no way to open the windows, so that a better ventilation is available. The staff is very collaborative and kind.

Great location in Georgetown though it is not on the metro line, the circulator bus goes really close and is convenient. A nice quiet hostel which was ideal as I was there for a place while I went to a conference, but there aren't really any common areas to socialize so not ideal if you are wanting to meet people. Breakfast not starting until 830 was a bit late as this was after I had to leave in the mornings. If you have problems getting in like some people then try knocking on the side door!

View all Washington DC Hotels