Canape Connection Reviews

12 A William Gladstone Street, Sofia, Bulgaria

Great place overall, really helpful staff, key location, great value, would recommend to all fellow travelers

Great Location and super friendly, helpful Staff. Only the bathrooms need an upgrade.

Stayed in the attic dorm which had big beds and heaters were provided. Cool staff and very centrally located. Enjoyed my stay here.

The stuff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. Not just sandwiches like in many other hostels but some normal food. The location is very central.

Nice staff and good hostel in general. The hostel is close to the main pedestrian street. The only thing is that you only have one big blanket in your bed and you hav of course the sheet that wraps the matress. I'm not sure that the blanket is washed throughly every night so maybe it´s a nice addition to put sheets in the bed for hygiene and comfort reason? Otherwise it´s a nice place to stay.

Hi there, Thank you for the review. Concerning the washing of the blanket we can ensure you that the cover sheets that we put on the blanket we wash every time the quest change. The blanket itself from time to time. But the sheet is 100% washed and clean for every new guest.

I liked the hostel and I definitely enjoyed my stay there. I actually decided to extend my stay with an extra night. Good atmosphere, good and helpful staff that actually recommended a lot of things to do and places to explore. Perfect breakfast, variety of things. Warm enough in my room. Nice roomates I had, lucky me. Bathtub had a leak but I guess it could be fixed easily

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Bulgaria

Very welcoming, helpful staff. I found the hostel very cozy and personal, not like some of the bigger hostels. The location is great, in the center of the city, but it's still very quiet as the house is located in a backyard. You can easily reach all of the city's attractions. But again, the best thing for me was the nice atmosphere there. The owners really did a great job. Thanks!

• 7th Oct 2014

Good location. Helpful staff. Very small kitchen and communal area. Breakfast ok. Reasonably clean.

I wish there was a bigger common area for everyone to use.

Beautiful double rooms! It feels almost like a hotel, but with a hostel atmosphere.

• 22nd Aug 2014

really great location and staff are very helpful. the large dorm can get a bit warm even with the ac on. the showers have hot water but are not very private.

If coming at night the street is badly lit and may look dodgy, but it's in the very city center, so should be fine (look for the school yard). 8-bed dorm is in the attic which may bother some people due to lack of privacy. Beds are actually mattresses on wooden planks (nearly floor level), but turned out to be extremely comfortable! Individual lights or some hooks would be handy, same for showers (to hang towels/clothes or shelves to put toiletries). No real common area and small kitchen.

A very busy hostel, lots of travelers came to ask if there are still rooms free but were in vain so make sure you made a reservation before you come. No common space besides the garden (not many places to sit though). The floor of the toilet/bathroom area was usually wet so please be careful there. Moreover, the hostel owner let a couple share one bed in a 4-bed dorm without asking/leaving a note to the other guests using the room, which made me feel not respected and uncomfortable.

Extremely nice and cosy hostel very close to the city centre. Friendly and helpful staff that helped out with bus reservations etc. Breakfast was not as described on here, but still quite good and varied. Rooms and bathrooms were clean, wifi was good. The bunk beds are wide and the idea with the curtains is nice, but they really squeak a lot no matter how little you move. Check-in after midnight was no problem, there's someone around 24/7. Recommendation for anyone looking for a relaxed hostel.

The staff were incredibly helpful, I liked all of them. I stayed in the room in the roof and it had a really comfortable feel to it. Good breakfast, lots of tours on offer. My only suggestion would be to add some more chairs/tables to the common area.

friendly and helpfull

No overhead light in our room. Bathrooms were good. Extra wide beds were great. Evo was extremely helpful and very nice.

We felt really comfortable here! After a long overnight journey, the comfy, spacious beds were perfect. Miro helped us with everything and gave great tips, such as the free walking tour. The included breakfast was also really good and a great bonus. Overall, would definitely recommend it and come back!

No door, no locker, no talking outside even during the day, very poor breakfast, only very few possibilities to sit outside, poor beds