Canberra City YHA Reviews

7 Akuna Street, City, Canberra, Australia

I enjoyed the big room and use of lockers in rooms, TV areas and the sauna. However, I stayed for 2 nights and on both nights there were questionable characters in my room. I know it's not the hostel fault necessarily, but maybe they should be a bit more selective. Night1 roommate had his laptop stolen from his backpack.. Night 2 a guy on drugs was hullucinating and shouting in his sleep until an older member of the room confronted him. Overall a nice place but the people weren't great!

This is a good hostel.

Nice place to stay. Relatively clean, friendly staff. Only complaint was that the door to my room didn't lock and no one fixed it. I can understand that it isn't always a quick fix, but at the least the staff should have left us a note about what was going on after I reported it and offered to switch rooms for us (it was a dorm) if we felt unsafe. I paid for the cafe breakfast and probably would pass next time. Location is great, in the center of the city and a decent walk to main attractions.

Its a good backpackers, as good as it gets, excellent location, staff, good facilities

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Zimbabwe

Average hostel nothing special. No where to really socialize

Loved that they had a Sauna!

Good location, friendly staff. Not alot of atmosphere, but everyone was friendly enough

Great breakfast! I didn't find the bed too comfy but willing to overlook that for location, staff and atmosphere.

• 14th May 2015

For the first time in aussi I had a clean hostel, and a very nice atmosphere!!! Met great people! And the pool was amazing!!

I thought the hostel was expensive for what was offered, although it was clean and the bathroom facilities were new which was nice. I was very surprised that they charged to store luggage - I've never known any hostel to do that. Also, when I arrived, I was given very basic information and had to specifically ask for the wifi code etc. The staff for the rest of the weekend were very helpful, but the member of staff who booked me in did not create a good impression.

• 8th May 2015

As with most YHA hostels it's a clean, efficient hostel with good facilities but lacks that friendly, homely feel that other hostels have.

Good stay at Canberra YHA. Staff were helpful and the bar downstairs was good value.

Great location and staff. But a bit over priced! No free breakfast or wifi :(

No personal power plugs at beds and very very cold, unheated bathroom were negatives. Otherwise good hostel with kind staff

Great location for visiting major attractions in Canberra.

Loved the common areas. Bit of a quieter hostel but that is exactly what I like. Great TV and DVD options. Cheapest bike rentals in town. Awesome mall and cafés near by. Staff were so helpful. Didn't use kitchen or laundry areas but both looked great. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I'd definitely stay there again.

A bit expensive but it's the only hostel in Canberra. Free WiFi was great!

Standard youth hostel. Annoying the café has such limited opening hours.

The swimming pool is not really to swim in. To small and not heated. The personal is very friendly and take security seriously. Rooms are spacious.

Really spectacular. So much space and lots of great hang out spots to choose from, lovely staff, incredible kitchen, good peaceful vibe. Only complaint is that there's a club literally in the same building which sometimes makes a lot of noise. But all together it's actually kind of amazing. Seriously great value.

• 15th Mar 2015