Canberra City YHA Reviews

7 Akuna Street, City, Canberra, Australia

Great place, really clean, good bathrooms, decent free wifi, love the roof top deck. There were a lot of young school groups staying at the hostel and a couple homeless people... Right next to the mall which was nice. Great kitchen area with lots of space.

Barely no power plugs in my room.

• 17th Jul 2015

Very clean and quiet hostel Bit expensive but it deserve Most of all the cheapest bike rental is recommendable!!! I really loved riding bike by riverside

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bathroom was clean and modern but there was some rubbish in our room on arrival. There didn't seem to be much going on in the hostel but free wifi was available but quite slow. It was definitely value for money and was secure. The location was ok as it was by the shopping mall but away from tourist destinations. Overall, we enjoyed our experience and would recommend to others!

This place was excellent, except for the fact that there was only one power point in an 8-bed room. Oh, and the hot water never got warmer than room temperature when I tried to shower. Given that this was in winter, it was a bit of a bummer.

I enjoyed the big room and use of lockers in rooms, TV areas and the sauna. However, I stayed for 2 nights and on both nights there were questionable characters in my room. I know it's not the hostel fault necessarily, but maybe they should be a bit more selective. Night1 roommate had his laptop stolen from his backpack.. Night 2 a guy on drugs was hullucinating and shouting in his sleep until an older member of the room confronted him. Overall a nice place but the people weren't great!

This is a good hostel.

Nice place to stay. Relatively clean, friendly staff. Only complaint was that the door to my room didn't lock and no one fixed it. I can understand that it isn't always a quick fix, but at the least the staff should have left us a note about what was going on after I reported it and offered to switch rooms for us (it was a dorm) if we felt unsafe. I paid for the cafe breakfast and probably would pass next time. Location is great, in the center of the city and a decent walk to main attractions.

Its a good backpackers, as good as it gets, excellent location, staff, good facilities

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Zimbabwe

Massive kitchen with plenty of appliances which was a big plus. Also swimming pool and sauna downstairs for guests to use. Rooms were nice and clean and pretty spacious. Separate male and female bathrooms were also good. Good common areas on each level with TVs or pool tables. Quite pricey but not unjustly so.

Average hostel nothing special. No where to really socialize

Loved that they had a Sauna!

Good location, friendly staff. Not alot of atmosphere, but everyone was friendly enough

Great breakfast! I didn't find the bed too comfy but willing to overlook that for location, staff and atmosphere.

• 14th May 2015

For the first time in aussi I had a clean hostel, and a very nice atmosphere!!! Met great people! And the pool was amazing!!

I thought the hostel was expensive for what was offered, although it was clean and the bathroom facilities were new which was nice. I was very surprised that they charged to store luggage - I've never known any hostel to do that. Also, when I arrived, I was given very basic information and had to specifically ask for the wifi code etc. The staff for the rest of the weekend were very helpful, but the member of staff who booked me in did not create a good impression.

• 8th May 2015

As with most YHA hostels it's a clean, efficient hostel with good facilities but lacks that friendly, homely feel that other hostels have.

Good stay at Canberra YHA. Staff were helpful and the bar downstairs was good value.

Great location and staff. But a bit over priced! No free breakfast or wifi :(

No personal power plugs at beds and very very cold, unheated bathroom were negatives. Otherwise good hostel with kind staff