Canberra City YHA Reviews

Nice hostel. It's not the most social. That's probably because Canberra isn't the most interesting place to visit and hang out. I would have rated it Excellent for cleanliness, but my bunk had an old, dirty blanket. The dorm lockers don't seem very secure. If someone was determined, the lockers can be broken into. I recommend staying here.

Good hostel, pretty quiet with a nice central location. Very clean with good security, lockers in each room. Not sure why you need a key card to get into the toilets though. The price was quite high for a hostel where you have to pay for any extras including wifi.

The hostel is located directly above a bar that holds concerts often. It's fun until you want sleep-- then it's super loud and obnoxious and the conversations, smoke, and music come right into your room. Very bad location.

Great hostel,great people! Enjoyed our stay a lot even though there's not too much to do in canberra

The bathrooms on the 3rd floor were not very clean, I had to use the one on the 2nd one day and they were much better! The pool and spa was the biggest dissapointment the water was so cold!! Overall was ok...

Clean hostel right in the middle of Canberra. Although not much atmosphere as everyone only there foe 1 night. Good location right in centre of city.

Basic, very clean lovely toilets, good kitchen facilities!

• 16th Feb 2014

The hostel was ok it was by no means great, the key card for our room stopped working 3 times during our stay (we only stayed one night). The staff, while fairly helpfully when asked, don't really care. The supposed pool and spa are simply a plunge pool for the sauna and there was no spa (this didn't really bother us but when paying this much for a hostel personally I expect there to be what was stated). But the main issue was Canberra itself as there is simply little to do, day and night!

Canberra city YHA was lovely. We booked for a 10 bed dorm and got put in a 4 bed which was amazing for us as we don't really like hostels! The sauna, spa and pool was a lovely addition to the facilities, a bit cold in there though! We really enjoyed our stay, it was so clean and everyone was really helpful. We would recommend staying here as it is good value for money and near everything in the city. Thank you for making our stay enjoyable :)

• 25th Jan 2014

Location and Staff were excellent. Security of course too with cctv cameras on literally every corner it even felt a bit like home in East Germany. What's this a prison or a hostel? 2 of the 3 showers in the bathroom were out of order, kitchen was good though and clean, beds too. Atmosphere was ok but not very clean in my room. Value for money all in all absolutely poor. Charges for internet, towels, lockers, bikes, no breakfast.. And I don't really need a free sauna when I stay 2 nights.

rather a hotel than a hostel - very clean, nearly a bit sterile. You get a small swimming-pool which is very nice. Lovely Balcony very cosy TV areas on every floor. WiFi is better received at mc Donalds were it is free.A bit of luxury for a backpacker. Location is amazing, 5 min. from the greyhoundbusses, everything in walking-distance, and connecting, local busses are around the corner

Pretty great. Would have liked the outside area upstairs to say open past 10pm, the kitchen has no atmosphere whatsoever. Maybe add a rec room where socializing/drinking is allowed and also nice to be in.

Beautiful and modern hostel with a very good location (close to mall, supermarkets, bus stops, etc). Very clean!!! Friendly staff!

• 16th Jan 2014

Good hostel. Clean and good kitchen. Staff seemd a bit arrogant. Nice bathrooms and very clean all over.

Great hostel. I would recommend it to everyone!

Rooms are secure, building isn't. Clean as you'd expect at YHA. Pool is a nice bonus if you want one. Beds and rooms are average. Lockers don't fit a full backpack. Weird amount of older (Aussie) people who seem to be staying for a while and TV focus social areas ruins the atmosphere.

real bonus was the sauna jacuzzi and small swimming pool. Downside my food was stolen but they found the culprits and evicted them. I won't buy luxury stuff again unless i am going to eat it straight away

Nice clean hostel, good location. All in all a great place to stay, I'd definitely stay here again.

Great Hostel ! Strongly recommend ! Safe, clean and friendly staffs ! Value for money :)

Helpful staff and big, bright rooms. Staff were helpful with instructions for getting to attractions (Canberra is famously hard to navigate). Rooms were big and bright with a big window. Bike hire is available and you have until sundown to use the bike. Lots of dining options a few steps away in City Walk and Canberra Centre. Airport shuttle stops in front of the hostel. I only spent one night here but this city deserves a few days. I will be back.