Candela & Chocolate Hostel Reviews

Calle 12 3 01, Santa Marta, Colombia

Great hostel if you want to have a quiet and relaxing stay

The staff was very welcoming. It's a very chill little hostel. Very good to place to rest for the night before going to the cuidad perdida trek or tyrona. Breakfast in the morning was very good also :)

• 4th Nov 2014

Great hostel for the small price you pay. Nice staff. Good breakfast. Dog. Cat. Kitten. Tortoise. What more could you ask for?

The staff were organized and helpful, easy check in. I liked that the dorm had some single beds, not just bunks; So there was no ladder and no top bunk cramp or noise. The pets were cute as; The growly security dog, lil kitten and a turtle. Probably the biggest security I have seen at a hostel, edging on being like a jail. Breakfast was really yum and more than expected. A bath towel was included, no extra hire fee. Very good stay for the price. I wish that I had more time there.

The staff are really unfriendly. After arriving at 10am off a 12 hour night bus, I was told coldly that I could not check in until 2pm. I had to ask if I could keep my bag in the hostel and have a wash before going out to wait for check in. When trying to make a coffee in the kitchen (my coffee) I was told I couldn't until I had checked in, even though I had been asked to pay already. These little things make a big difference when you're travelling alone... Definitely won't be returning!

• 22nd Oct 2014

Great hostel. Good value for money. Good breaky. Very secure. Manager/ owner is extremely helpful and answers all questions. Dog, cat and tortoise add to the fun character of the place.