6.6
Good 163 Total Reviews
6.6
Good 163 Total Reviews
Candela & Chocolate Located at Calle 12 3 01, , Santa Marta.
Colombia
Santa Marta Magdalena Calle 12 3 01
66% 163
11.2458433 -74.2120436
    Rooms available

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
1st Nov 2016
7.4

Lot of moskitos, you cannot spend a minute in the main area without being bitten. Also no moskito nets in the rooms and no aircon. Got pretty bad infections from the moskito bytes there and had to go to see a doctor.

16th Oct 2016
7.7

I enjoyed my stay and will almost certainly return when in Santa Marta. A couple of times I had to wait for someone to open the door (hence "good" not "excellent" re staff.) But the staff were extremely pleasant, I enjoyed talking to them. The hostel is quiet, but that is how I like it. Category "atmosphere" is too subjective. I always put "average" unless staff are impolite which rarely they are. Breakfast ration was modest but overall very good value for money. Lovely cat (call fyuri.)

• Scotland, Female, 18-24
25th Aug 2016
7.1

A very quiet hostel but good value for money. The room was pretty hot, even with the fans. The staff were really nice and stored luggage for me, and made the breakfast. I didn't feel that safe walking around this area at night as its pretty quiet, but when I went to the corner shop the man from the hostel watched to make sure I was alright- which was really kind. I had my laundry done and it came back dirty but I was leaving soon so I didn't discuss this with them.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
6.0

hostel is always locked, you have to ask staff to open doors. You get a security box for your valuables even if you have a bed with fan it is unbearable hot. mattresses ware wrapped in plastic, which radiates the heat place is full with mosquitos and I also saw a giant cockroach it did not make a clean impression staff doesn't speak english I left after one night, would recommend anyone to spend a bit more money and stay somewhere else, not even in Santa Marta. the town is not nice

1st Jul 2016
7.4

It's fine for a few days. Its super hot inside.