Canterbury House Christchurch

9.0
Superb 284 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 31-40
29th Jan 2017

We had a fantastic stay. The hostel was impeccably clean, great facilities, beautiful garden and comfy beds. The owners were really helpful, giving us tips on trips and an annotated map of places not to miss. Would definitely stay again.

• janeats
  • USA, Female, 25-30
18th Jan 2017

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The location is ideal for a quiet stay. To say that this place is clean is an understatement! It is extremely tidy. The hosts, Alan and Kieko, are AMAZING and very helpful with ANY questions you may have. I just want them to adopt me! :) The facilities are great and I felt safe at all times. If I were to come back to Christchurch I would definitely stay here again.

18th Jan 2017

Fabulous kitchen, beautiful garden, great hospitality. Would stay again and recommend.

• New Zealand, Male, 41+
19th Dec 2016

Lovely stay at Canterbury House in Christchurch. Very quiet and homely place, and Keiko and Alan were wonderful hosts.

• KuribosShoe
  • Australia, Male, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
7th Nov 2016
6.9

Good place all around. Extremely knowledgeable and helpful staff. Very quiet atmosphere.

19th Sep 2016

The place was very nice and clean. I loved that it's not a party hostel and most of the people were international. The only complaint I have is that the WiFi was a huge issue for me. They gave us coupons with codes for 100MB of internet. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but my iPad used it all in about 15 minutes. Forget trying to watch a video. It ran out in 10 mins. It also did not reach to the end of the house where my room was, which was totally inconvenient.

Sorry abut wifi but you can come to get more vouchers they are unlimited! Thank you for your stay.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
1st Sep 2016

I love my stay at Canterbury House. Alan and Keiko had been the most helpful, friendly and warm hosts I have met so far. Alan took the time to give suggestions on where to go and what to do in Christchurch and South Island. The people I've met at Canterbury House were very lovely as well. I'd definitely recommend staying at this place if you'd like somewhere with a personal touch.