8.7
Fabulous 262 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 262 Total Reviews
Canterbury House Christchurch Located at 257 Bealey Avenue, Christchurch, , Christchurch.
New Zealand
Christchurch 8013 257 Bealey Avenue, Christchurch
87% 262
-43.5202158 172.6438181
    Rooms available

19th Sep 2016

The place was very nice and clean. I loved that it's not a party hostel and most of the people were international. The only complaint I have is that the WiFi was a huge issue for me. They gave us coupons with codes for 100MB of internet. I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but my iPad used it all in about 15 minutes. Forget trying to watch a video. It ran out in 10 mins. It also did not reach to the end of the house where my room was, which was totally inconvenient.

Sorry abut wifi but you can come to get more vouchers they are unlimited! Thank you for your stay.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
1st Sep 2016

I love my stay at Canterbury House. Alan and Keiko had been the most helpful, friendly and warm hosts I have met so far. Alan took the time to give suggestions on where to go and what to do in Christchurch and South Island. The people I've met at Canterbury House were very lovely as well. I'd definitely recommend staying at this place if you'd like somewhere with a personal touch.

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
20th Jul 2016

Me and my friend stayed for one night in this homestyle hostel. The house is very warm and tidy. Room is very cozy and the bathroom is large and clean. The host is extremely nice and helpful, gave us very good advice and hand-highlighted maps of Christchurch and South Island. Highly recommended to anyone who are visiting Christchurch, especially those who look for a longer stay! We would definitely stay for more days if we weren't plan to go to Greymouth the next day.

• abbihowes2010
  • England, Female, 25-30
9th Jul 2016
8.0

Alan was so helpful and kind. My flight was overnight so I arrived having had no sleep early in the morning and he let me in made me a cup of tea and I slept on the sofa for a couple of hours. He went out of his way to help and give advice on where to go in NZ. The hostel itself was very quiet. I think the heating could be improved as I was quite cold.

• England, Female, 25-30
20th Jun 2016

Really easy to walk to everything you need, owners were always offering me a lift if I needed it or advice on where to visit. I just think the price was probably a bit high for me to stay there again in a single private room. It was very quiet & a good nights sleep with a cute cat.

1st May 2016

Good place, no complaints

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
  • Globetrotter
21st Apr 2016
8.0

A very hospitable hostel adapted for short stays - 7 days. With full conveniences including kitchen & dining facilities, quiet areas, garden & daily housekeeping. Close to bus transport & next door to a pub/restaurant.

• England, Couple, 25-30
8th Apr 2016
7.4

One of the cleanest places we've stayed, good security and not too far from Christchurch's recovering city centre. Only complaint would be that all available bathroom and kitchen facilities become closed for use from around 10 for cleaning which can be quite inconvenient if you need to shower or use the loo!! Also being part of the owners house made for quite a quiet atmosphere - perfect if that's what you want but not if you're after a more convivial time. Very welcoming and helpful hosts.

• Germany, Couple, 25-30
1st Apr 2016

Went you first walk into Canterbury House you might a little surprised, this is basically a converted house. However our stay at Canterbury House was extremely pleasant with both the owners being polite and helpful. The house itself house a wonderful garden, is spotlessly clean and is well located being only a 20 minute walk to the centre of town. As typical for New Zealand 100mb of internet data was available for free per evening.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
31st Mar 2016
7.4

Nice and quite place to stay.