Canterbury House Christchurch Reviews

257 Bealey Avenue, Christchurch, Christchurch, New Zealand

Just arrived in Christchurch and wanted a room to myself to decompress and get acclimated before I travel New Zealand for six months. This was the perfect spot! My bed was comfy, and the room was clean! Also, the garden was absolutely beautiful and a perfect place to relax and read a book. My hosts were very helpful and welcoming. The hostel is a short 10-15 minute walk to the city center so I was able to go into the city for groceries and get supplies.

Beds not very comfortable

A little bit far from the CBD, you can walk around 15-20 minutes. Actually it takes shorter than you expected. Nice mood, kind staff, peaceful garden... Everything is perfect :) and they offer free teas! I have really enjoyed teas. I wish I go there again.

For one night in Christchurch worth the money.

First of all there are just two toilets and two showers between all of the guests. (bad situation in the morning.) I actually booked this hostel for 3 nights but left after 2, the dorm was very crowded and there was no where to put anything. The location isn't great as its a 20 minute walk to the bus station which is the nearest form of transport. One good thing was that the hostel was very clean, but full of the owners personal possessions, so you basically feel like you are intruding!

This place is a house, so the facilities are way nicer than at a regular hostel. About a 15min walk to the city center, wifi is expensive, & I got cold at night. But I would still stay there again, because it doesn't feel like a hostel, it feels like someone's home (which it is lol.)

View all Christchurch Hostels