Cape Agulhas Backpackers Reviews

C/O Main and Duiker, STRUISBAAI, Western Cape, Box 162, Cape Agulhas, South Africa

I really love this place! Their hospitality is first rate. I love the vibe in thr place, I love the clean rooms and bathrooms. I would and do travel far out of my way to stay here. Thanks for such friendly service!

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • South Africa

Excellent backpackers. All the bells and whistles. Great info as well. And the best hostel room I've had in SA

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Mexico

This place has such a great vibe! And only 200m from a beautiful white sandy beach. I recommend doing the horse riding along the beach which can be booked via the hostel, and definitely have dinner at the hostel - great food. Overall very comfortable stay!

wish we had more time to take advantage of this facility.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A friendly, relaxed atmosphere, as expected at such a peaceful coastal town. I had a wonderful stay, but as we had to move on, we only got to stay one night. There are lots of things to do, and I can easily see myself relaxing there for a bit longer.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

They have a parrot! And Erin is really helpful with tips for what to do in the area.

The hostel was an excellent choice for us. There are well-equipped kitchens and the bar provided a great atmosphere to meet other travelers. The wifi is only available in the bar area, but we did not spend much time in our room except to sleep. The staff was very helpful and offered to call some hostels for our next nights.

The experience in Cape Agulhas for me was absolutely amazing. Super clean rooms, extra safe, quiet and a wonderful friendly atmosphere.. I locked my keys in the boot of a rental car and the lady working there helped me with a couple of hers friends to solve my problem. Even when I was desperate and almost had to pay a big amount of money to a Locksmith they helped me solve the froblem free of charge.. Thank you Cape Aghulas staff!!! Definetly a place to recommend!!! :))))

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

This was the friendliest, most welcoming backpackers on our trip, being more 'mature' travelers we are sometimes 'invisible', but not here, we felt at home and enjoyed some great conversations with interesting people from all over the world.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Kind and helpful staff, hostel was easy to find and just 5 km from southernmost tip of Africa. Shops, restaurants, nice beach close to the hostel (but car is recommended). I had a private room and was nice, next to big room with everything you need. Breakfast was also good.

This is a great hostel. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. We booked a dorm but Erin the owner kindly upgraded us to a double with en suite free of charge! It is very chilled out and has a really nice atmosphere. The wifi was good but was only available in the bar area and not in our room. There are great kitchens in both buildings. It was a colourful, vibrant and welcoming hostel. We would highly recommend a stay here!

View all Cape Agulhas Hostels