Cape Agulhas Backpackers Reviews

C/O Main and Duiker, STRUISBAAI, Western Cape, Box 162, Cape Agulhas, South Africa

The hostel was an excellent choice for us. There are well-equipped kitchens and the bar provided a great atmosphere to meet other travelers. The wifi is only available in the bar area, but we did not spend much time in our room except to sleep. The staff was very helpful and offered to call some hostels for our next nights.

The experience in Cape Agulhas for me was absolutely amazing. Super clean rooms, extra safe, quiet and a wonderful friendly atmosphere.. I locked my keys in the boot of a rental car and the lady working there helped me with a couple of hers friends to solve my problem. Even when I was desperate and almost had to pay a big amount of money to a Locksmith they helped me solve the froblem free of charge.. Thank you Cape Aghulas staff!!! Definetly a place to recommend!!! :))))

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

This was the friendliest, most welcoming backpackers on our trip, being more 'mature' travelers we are sometimes 'invisible', but not here, we felt at home and enjoyed some great conversations with interesting people from all over the world.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Kind and helpful staff, hostel was easy to find and just 5 km from southernmost tip of Africa. Shops, restaurants, nice beach close to the hostel (but car is recommended). I had a private room and was nice, next to big room with everything you need. Breakfast was also good.

This is a great hostel. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. We booked a dorm but Erin the owner kindly upgraded us to a double with en suite free of charge! It is very chilled out and has a really nice atmosphere. The wifi was good but was only available in the bar area and not in our room. There are great kitchens in both buildings. It was a colourful, vibrant and welcoming hostel. We would highly recommend a stay here!

I was there in low season so the hostel wasn't full. There's no security at all but the city seems very safe, so maybe it's not necessary. When I was leaving there's no one to receive the money or the keys so I spend some time trying to find someone and after all writing a note with the keys and money...

Hi Debora You are perfectly right. We are not a city but a small fishing community which needed no security. That is one of the amazing things about our area is the safety. Our Security mesures is the keys for your rooms so you are secure in your room. We also have a safety deposit box in reception. Our reception opens at 8 in the morning which is visible in all the rooms so no one would have been their at an earlier time. Thank you, we received the money and the keys.

View all Cape Agulhas Hostels