Cape Agulhas Backpackers Reviews

C/O Main and Duiker, STRUISBAAI, Western Cape, Box 162, Cape Agulhas, South Africa

wish we had more time to take advantage of this facility.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A friendly, relaxed atmosphere, as expected at such a peaceful coastal town. I had a wonderful stay, but as we had to move on, we only got to stay one night. There are lots of things to do, and I can easily see myself relaxing there for a bit longer.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

They have a parrot! And Erin is really helpful with tips for what to do in the area.

The hostel was an excellent choice for us. There are well-equipped kitchens and the bar provided a great atmosphere to meet other travelers. The wifi is only available in the bar area, but we did not spend much time in our room except to sleep. The staff was very helpful and offered to call some hostels for our next nights.

The experience in Cape Agulhas for me was absolutely amazing. Super clean rooms, extra safe, quiet and a wonderful friendly atmosphere.. I locked my keys in the boot of a rental car and the lady working there helped me with a couple of hers friends to solve my problem. Even when I was desperate and almost had to pay a big amount of money to a Locksmith they helped me solve the froblem free of charge.. Thank you Cape Aghulas staff!!! Definetly a place to recommend!!! :))))

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Croatia

This was the friendliest, most welcoming backpackers on our trip, being more 'mature' travelers we are sometimes 'invisible', but not here, we felt at home and enjoyed some great conversations with interesting people from all over the world.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Kind and helpful staff, hostel was easy to find and just 5 km from southernmost tip of Africa. Shops, restaurants, nice beach close to the hostel (but car is recommended). I had a private room and was nice, next to big room with everything you need. Breakfast was also good.

This is a great hostel. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. We booked a dorm but Erin the owner kindly upgraded us to a double with en suite free of charge! It is very chilled out and has a really nice atmosphere. The wifi was good but was only available in the bar area and not in our room. There are great kitchens in both buildings. It was a colourful, vibrant and welcoming hostel. We would highly recommend a stay here!

I was there in low season so the hostel wasn't full. There's no security at all but the city seems very safe, so maybe it's not necessary. When I was leaving there's no one to receive the money or the keys so I spend some time trying to find someone and after all writing a note with the keys and money...

Hi Debora You are perfectly right. We are not a city but a small fishing community which needed no security. That is one of the amazing things about our area is the safety. Our Security mesures is the keys for your rooms so you are secure in your room. We also have a safety deposit box in reception. Our reception opens at 8 in the morning which is visible in all the rooms so no one would have been their at an earlier time. Thank you, we received the money and the keys.

We only stayed one night, but our double room was clean and comfortable, though we happened to be here when it was freezing cold! Nice communal area but too many people smoking for us to enjoy. Good kitchen for self caterers and just a short drive to Cape Agulas. Would be a perfect place to stay in summer.

Very nice place, great decoration and atmosphere. The bar area is really nice to meet other people or just have a good bier before get to the room. Acommodation for 2 people very spacious and clean, good hot shower, staff friendly and breakfast very good (however not included). For sure would recommend to anyone!

Absolutely loved this place!!! Such a great location, relaxing and inviting.

The hostel owner's husband looks like the enemy king slayer

• 24th Sep 2013

This is hands down the best hostel we've ever stayed at. The staff was wonderful. The ensuite double we rented was clean and comfortable and situated in a building with the other ensuite rooms complete with its own lounge and well-equipped kitchen. In the evening everyone still hung out in the main building/bar around the fire so you still got to meet everyone. The vibe was pretty low-key, not your best choice if you are looking for a party.

nice place and good value for money.

Big huggz to the staff of Agulhas Backpackers. You guys are awesome !!!!

We stayed only for one night in a doubleroom but we liked it there a lot! Great vibe and atmosphere, an inviting bar & common area and helpful staff! We also really appreciated the free coffee and tea & the very well equipped kitchen. Only minus - the wall in our bathroom was so thin that we could hear every single word that was spoken in the neighbour's room ;)

Beautiful place with awesome vibe. Staff gave great advice on where to go in the area. No complaints - though there are insects in the area at night so remember to shut your windows to prevent being bitten!!

The insects referred by Emily is the normal mosquito. Please have insect repellent handy when visiting south africa during summer season. Also not that we are a malaria free area.

A great hostel with a good kitchen and plenty of common areas. Definitely need a car to get here. Staff were very helpful!

Very nice and unique hostel. Perfectly located close to the beach and supermarkets. Very cool pool and bar area.

« first « Prev 1 2 3