Cape Byron Lodge Reviews

78 Bangalow Rd, Nsw, Byron Bay, Australia

Positive: Cheap, cheerful with friendly staff. Negative: Needs lockers in rooms and kitchen was quite dirty.

• 1st Aug 2014

The atmosphere in that hostel was really nice, we definitively should have stayed longer ! The staff is indeed welcoming and friendly, especially Super Capi Alain ! We really enjoy the convenient and nice shuttle service thanks to Super Capi ! And the pancakes in the morning were so tasty ! Thanks a lot. The three french girls

Really nice people. You have a van every hour if you want to go city centre otherwise is 15 minutes walking. I bet must be nice and warmer in summer I just suffer a bit the cold but I loved it I would love to go back

Not a bad hostel overall. It has everything you need; nice large common room area for people to hang out and a large kitchen. It's about a 15 min walk from town but they provide an hourly Shuttle into town as an option too. Unfortunately they didn't have safes in the room, which is something I would have liked. But, free pancakes and tea/coffee every morning were the best part of staying here.

Was ok as far as hostels go...

Free pancakes were good.

I stayed for one night with my wife, two small children and an infant. It was basic as I expected but friendly, cheap and we enjoyed our stay. The staff let our baby sleep in a travel cot in our room for no extra cost, there was free breakfast and a nice garden for the children to play in. Kitchen and facilities were very good and everybody we met was very nice. There was a free bus into town and back every hour so it worked out a very cheap place for us to stay for the night.

Loved this hostel. Theres nothing spectacular about it but its smaller, everyone was very friendly and inviting so it was easy to meet people. Awesome staff! A bit out of the main strip but its a 15 minute walk so get off your ass a just do it. Theres a shuttle anyway but ends at 9 (so really you only need to walk home and youll be drunk so its fine). Got upgraded to a smaller room. Beds were a bit worn but foam so you sink in but not painful like some beds with springs. Free pancakes for winter

1. Need better presentation....needed security rails on top bunks. 2. Area felt cramped. 3. Groups of Backpackers some of whom were smoking weed. I had my family there and need to seclude them from the hippy crowd that were more presenta t night. It was better in the morning when many of them were sleeping in. 3. The security could have been better. Our door locked well but our room came off a wrap around verandah that everyone walked along. Sometimes they were noisier than necessary.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Very friendly staff. A bit outside the town, but they have shuttle buses all day. Free pancakes, coffee and tea, which was great! Nice place.

Very laidback and comfortable. Kind of wish we'd stayed longer just to hang out!

Cozy hostel with great atmosphere, helpful staff and the shuttle bus was perfect when you wanted to take your surfboard to the beach. Cheap or free bicycles and surfboards

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Sweden

Very good chilling atmosphere and the constant coaches to town are a nice service. Also the free pancake breakfast is the best invention ever! I'm having a great stay here!

Nice hostel just outside of Byron city. Only stayed at the hostel for a few nights, but the stay was good. Free wifi and a nice common room. The kitchen was a bit small, but fairly clean. Room was really cold, but was probably due to the rain. Most people at the hostel were not very social, kept mostly to themselves. Lady in the reception was very nice and helpful!

This hostel is far away from the beach and center if you compare to the rest of the hostels. Its not a bad hostl and I didn't mind the walk. They do have a shuttle bus though but do sent work early morning or late evening.

HI! Everything was really very good!! Excellent services,very good located,very nice stuff!! Super recomendable for people from everywhere!! Thanks a lot!!!

• 30th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Thought this was a very nice hostel, 10minute walk to town but had buses regularly. Rooms were a nice size had a fridge too which was good. Kitchen was big & very clean. Pool & garden area was lovely. We would stay here again.

This hostel is ok. The atmosphere is nice, you can meet lots of new people and make new friends. But the showers need to be replaced, the kitchen is ggod equipped but too small for several people cooking at the same time. Even if the Wifi is for free it doesn´t work properly. Unfortunately we couldn´t sleep very well because you could hear everyone passing by or talking in front of the rooms and the walls are very thin. The free shuttle service runs regularly which is very good.

I really liked this hostel. The room was nice with a balcony to the garden and pretty quiet after 10, what I found good. The whole hostel had a beautiful old fashioned charm with a lot of green. Palm trees and so on. The pool is a nice extra. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even if the hostel is a bit further away from the city, there is a shuttle bus going to town right outside the house. The bath rooms could have been cleaner. But all in all I would definitely recommend this hostel.