Cape Byron Lodge Reviews

78 Bangalow Rd, Nsw, Byron Bay, Australia

The staff was really unfriendly, the bathroom is too small ( 2 sinks, 3 showers for the whole hostel!?) and the hostel is just not worth the money..

Im sorry that you musn't have been informed on checkin however there is 2 ladies bathrooms on the property that contain in total 6 showers 4 sinks and 5 toilets.

I had a great time here! The hostel is a bit out of town but you can easily walk and the shuttle bus is for free. The kitchen, common room and bathrooms are clean, the dorms could be cleaner but it's nothing major. Staff is very helpful and friendly! All in all a great hostel to stay in if you're on a budget.

• 13th Oct 2014

very nice place to stay, cool staff, cool people, really cool relaxed atmosphere . only problem is the location 15 mins walk from the town ( there's a free shuttle almost every hour anyway), and maybe the only 2 powerpoints for 8 people in the room.

Everything provided that the traveler needs......great staff and atmosphere......shuttle to town and OH...the Pancakes....we even had fresh fruit from one of the owners tree

I loved the atmosphere here! Just such a chilled place and I really felt at home. I felt the rooms were a little dark though it was comfortable enough. It is a fair bit out of the centre but there's a free bus. The staff were extremely friendly and I would stay here again.

Had an amazing stay at Cape Byron Lodge! Everything is really tidy and gets cleaned a lot. The atmosphere is chilled out and staff is super friendly and helpful. Location isn't the best, however it's a nice and quiet area and there's a free shuttle in the city. Wifi is fast and good, you can even get it in the rooms. We'll equipped kitchen. The pancakes for breakfast were ace! I would definitely stay there again!!

Positive: Cheap, cheerful with friendly staff. Negative: Needs lockers in rooms and kitchen was quite dirty.

• 1st Aug 2014

The atmosphere in that hostel was really nice, we definitively should have stayed longer ! The staff is indeed welcoming and friendly, especially Super Capi Alain ! We really enjoy the convenient and nice shuttle service thanks to Super Capi ! And the pancakes in the morning were so tasty ! Thanks a lot. The three french girls

Really nice people. You have a van every hour if you want to go city centre otherwise is 15 minutes walking. I bet must be nice and warmer in summer I just suffer a bit the cold but I loved it I would love to go back

Not a bad hostel overall. It has everything you need; nice large common room area for people to hang out and a large kitchen. It's about a 15 min walk from town but they provide an hourly Shuttle into town as an option too. Unfortunately they didn't have safes in the room, which is something I would have liked. But, free pancakes and tea/coffee every morning were the best part of staying here.

Was ok as far as hostels go...

Free pancakes were good.

I stayed for one night with my wife, two small children and an infant. It was basic as I expected but friendly, cheap and we enjoyed our stay. The staff let our baby sleep in a travel cot in our room for no extra cost, there was free breakfast and a nice garden for the children to play in. Kitchen and facilities were very good and everybody we met was very nice. There was a free bus into town and back every hour so it worked out a very cheap place for us to stay for the night.

Loved this hostel. Theres nothing spectacular about it but its smaller, everyone was very friendly and inviting so it was easy to meet people. Awesome staff! A bit out of the main strip but its a 15 minute walk so get off your ass a just do it. Theres a shuttle anyway but ends at 9 (so really you only need to walk home and youll be drunk so its fine). Got upgraded to a smaller room. Beds were a bit worn but foam so you sink in but not painful like some beds with springs. Free pancakes for winter

1. Need better presentation....needed security rails on top bunks. 2. Area felt cramped. 3. Groups of Backpackers some of whom were smoking weed. I had my family there and need to seclude them from the hippy crowd that were more presenta t night. It was better in the morning when many of them were sleeping in. 3. The security could have been better. Our door locked well but our room came off a wrap around verandah that everyone walked along. Sometimes they were noisier than necessary.

• 23rd Jun 2014